Evolution vs. Creation

There are 163841 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#92747 Jun 15, 2013
GLXGT wrote:
<quoted text>
If someone wants to live their life believing in something that is not true that is their choice. Not up to me, you or anyone to tell them they are stupid and wrong. Like you said no one is going to change the opinion of someone who is unwilling to be reasonable.
again, back to article you are posting about...

no dream, just you looking foolish again.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#92748 Jun 15, 2013
GLXGT wrote:
Looks like kindergarten class is on recess. Macumazahn, Woodtick and Aura Mytha what time do they lay you all down for naptime? That way I can come back and talk when the adults are here and you kiddies are gone. LOL
Dinna be daft, wee'un.

Why is cloning wrong again?

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#92749 Jun 15, 2013
GLXGT wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW your so right. The first paragraph says " it was found that greater MORAL objections to suicide and lower aggression level in religiously affiliated subjects may function as protective factors against suicide attempts".
You should try reading it before you belittle it. It does say "moral objections" not "objections from morons" like you. LMAO.
The problem is that you saying it, or it saying it has to do with morals , doesn't make it have anything to do with morals.
It only means you and it are saying it does.

I'm saying it doesn't have anything to do with morals.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#92750 Jun 15, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>I was not aware that a pop music group was where you take your theological cues from...
good to know.
"The Lord is my Rock, my strength and my song" Supertramp is the Rock that begat me "Of the Rock that begat thee thou art unmindful" Deut. 32:18. There is also an album, Shaved Fish by John Lennon and a song, Maggie Mae by Rod Stewart. John Lennon is the king of Rock and roll and the voice from heaven said "Wake up Maggie" and then the song played on the radio. That was on Mothers Day, Sunday morning May 13, 1984.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#92751 Jun 15, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is that you saying it, or it saying it has to do with morals , doesn't make it have anything to do with morals.
It only means you and it are saying it does.
I'm saying it doesn't have anything to do with morals.
Bizackly.
Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#92752 Jun 15, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Your religion is responsible for that, all religions are, your religion just as much.
No, freedom if choice is to blame.

Quack Quack.
Level 1

Location hidden

#92753 Jun 15, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Nope, it is commanded in the bible that anyone accused of being a "witch," another made up thing, is to be killed. Most of your kind claimed that meant burning them alive, men, women, and children, and they did just that during the Inquisition and Salem witch hunts, probably many more throughout history.
You like people that burn their kids alive.

I have no problem following Gods word to stone these people. Although I would prefer to burn them alive as they did to the children.

2 Kings 21:6 ESV

And he burned his son as an offering and used fortune-telling and omens and dealt with mediums and with necromancers. He did much evil in the sight of the Lord, provoking him to anger.

2Chronicles 33:6 ESV

And he burned his sons as an offering in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, and used fortune-telling and omens and sorcery, and dealt with mediums and with necromancers. He did much evil in the sight of the Lord, provoking him to anger.

Deuteronomy 18:10 ESV

There shall not be found among you anyone who burns his son or his daughter as an offering, anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer
Level 1

Location hidden

#92754 Jun 15, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>Are you on drugs? My 5 kids are all grown up now, and can prolly whoop my azz, besides it's a being a very bad idea. I like my freedom to much to trade it for prison walls.
So why then do you have issues against Stoning parents that burnt their children alive in worshiping Satan?

And he burned his son as an offering and used fortune-telling and omens and dealt with mediums and with necromancers. He did much evil in the sight of the Lord, provoking him to anger.

And he burned his sons as an offering in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, and used fortune-telling and omens and sorcery, and dealt with mediums and with necromancers. He did much evil in the sight of the Lord, provoking him to anger.

There shall not be found among you anyone who burns his son or his daughter as an offering, anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer
Level 1

Location hidden

#92755 Jun 15, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>So you are making excuses for burning people alive, you still support stoning children.
Got that backwards

Quack Quack

The Witches burnt children alive so they were stoned. Not the other way around Dolt.

Level 1

Location hidden

#92756 Jun 15, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Well I do too.

Kids can be so annoying these days.
Well there is that.
Level 1

Location hidden

#92757 Jun 15, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong kind of "stoning." :P
Oh. Still not a bad idea

Level 9

Everett, WA

#92758 Jun 15, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
You like people that burn their kids alive.
I have no problem following Gods word to stone these people. Although I would prefer to burn them alive as they did to the children.
You cannot trust the Bible when it says what the enemies of Israel did. It is largely a propaganda piece in that respect. People have lied about their enemies since people were people and probably even before that.

So all we can trust the Bible for is how it tells followers of it to behave and your Bible advocates stoning children. It claims various enemies burnt their children, but without another source to back it up that statement is mere calumny and nothing more.
Level 1

Location hidden

#92759 Jun 15, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>Just another lie of the many you use.
"it" can't tell the truth.

Ignore the Duck behind the curtain.

Quack Quack
Level 1

Location hidden

#92760 Jun 15, 2013
ignorance is bliss86 wrote:
<quoted text>how ot the universe came into form is compleatly irrelivant in the case of proving god exsist or not i think with a certain amount of reasonable credibility we can say that an invisible all knowing all seeing creator,being.thing ect didnt just point and say there you go, earth
Your 3 BIG Myths:

1) the Big Bang when nothing exploded
and created everything.

2) rain falling on rocks and settling in a mud puddle and spontaneous self generating life sprang forth.

3) plants evolving into plant eating animals.

And when I snap my fingers you will wake up and believe these 3 myths as if they were fact.

"SNAP"
Level 1

Location hidden

#92761 Jun 15, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>It's 13% Atheist, could explain an unbelievable suicide rate. Face it mass atheism equals poor conditions. Orwell knew what he was talking about.
Correct!
Level 1

Location hidden

#92762 Jun 15, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Your numbers are incorrect, 34% answered that "they do not believe there is any sort of spirit, god, or life force" in 2010.

Sweden's suicide rate is below the US at 11.9.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism#sectio...

A 2010 survey published in Encyclopedia Britannica found that is atheists at about 2.0%.

Another study assessing religiosity among scientists who are members of the American Association for the Advancement of Science found that "just over half of scientists (51%) believe in some form of deity or higher power.

Sociologist Philip Schwadel found that higher levels of education are associated with increased religious participation and religious practice in daily life.

According to a 2012 report by the Pew Research Center, people describing themselves as "atheist" were 2% of the total population in the US.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_o...

According to the International Bulletin of Missionary Research, an academic journal, "about 80,000 new Christians every day, 79,000 new Muslims every day, and 300 fewer atheists every day."

Another survey attributed to Britannica shows the population of atheists at around 2.4% of the world's population

While there are more atheists than ever before as global population continually increases, the atheist percentage of the total population seem to be declining

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_religi...

Sources outside of Wikipedia give differing estimates:

The CIA's World Factbook gives the world population as 7,021,836,029 (July 2012 est.) and the distribution of religions as Christian 33.39%(of which Roman Catholic 16.85%, Protestant 6.15%, Orthodox 3.96%, Anglican 1.26%), Muslim 22.74%, Hindu 13.8%, Buddhist 6.77%, Sikh 0.35%, Jewish 0.22%, Baha'i 0.11%, other religions 10.95%, atheists 2.01%

persecution. A 2006 study by researchers at the University of Minnesota involving a poll of 2,000 households in the United States found atheists to be the most distrusted of minorities,

In 2012, an article entitled Atheism in decline by Nigel Tomes declared:

In 1970 atheists (those avowing there is no God) numbered 166 million worldwide; that was almost one-in-twenty—4.5% of the globe’s population. By 2012 atheists’ number is estimated at 137 million. That’s a decline of almost 30 million. Since world population is growing, atheists’ share declined to less than one-in-fifty—under 2% in 2012. Put differently, every 24 hours there are 800 fewer atheists in the world! Atheism is in decline.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#92763 Jun 15, 2013
GLXGT wrote:
<quoted text>
If someone wants to live their life believing in something that is not true that is their choice. Not up to me, you or anyone to tell them they are stupid and wrong. Like you said no one is going to change the opinion of someone who is unwilling to be reasonable.
If an adult wants to live their life in that way, it's no skin off my nose. When you are complacent about indoctrinating neighbor's children with bronze age dogma and doctrine, it is stepping beyond tolerance and acceptance.
Level 1

Location hidden

#92765 Jun 15, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Your numbers are incorrect, 34% answered that "they do not believe there is any sort of spirit, god, or life force" in 2010.

Sweden's suicide rate is below the US at 11.9.
2.3% what a joke your religion is!

You claim all humans are born atheist.
Ok that means at one time you had 100% of the human population. The current percentage of the world population that is atheist is at 2.3%.

That means that 97.7% of your congregation has left your faith!!

WTF is wrong with you guys?
97.7%!!!!!!!

Do you realize how many people that is?

Man you're not just losing them at that rate there running from you! LMFAO
Level 1

Location hidden

#92766 Jun 15, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>don't priests and clergy have an abnormally high suicide rate?
No

Level 9

Everett, WA

#92767 Jun 15, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Your 3 BIG Myths:
1) the Big Bang when nothing exploded
and created everything.
You just showed yourself to be either a liar or a fool. The Big Bang was not an explosion, anyone who is at least halfway educated knows this.

Second, you don't seem to know the meaning of the word "Myth". Myths don't have evidence. We have quite a bit of evidence that supports our beliefs. What sort of evidence do you have that supports your beliefs?
2) rain falling on rocks and settling in a mud puddle and spontaneous self generating life sprang forth.
And you continue to show you are a liar or a fool. That is now how abiogenesis occurred.

This idea is not a theory yet, it is still in the hypothesis stage. Still our ideas are supported by evidence so not a myth.
3) plants evolving into plant eating animals.
And when I snap my fingers you will wake up and believe these 3 myths as if they were fact.
"SNAP"
So at the very least you are a fool. Odds are that you are a liar too. Very few creationists are honest. Honest ones tend to become evolutionists.

Plants never evolved to become animals. If you need help with understanding evolution why don't you ask nicely? I am sure that people would help you.

Education is the cure for stupidity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 3 min We Are Almost There 28,856
cjt12 9 min Trish 2
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 10 min Wictor 40,704
60's Pics 18 min Hoosier Hillbilly 11
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 27 min cjt12 8,075
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 30 min cjt12 3,492
OFFBEAT.keepAword.DropAword.2011edition (Oct '11) 32 min cjt12 18,763
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 48 min Hoosier Hillbilly 18,223
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr SLY WEST 162,846
Poll Middle East Solutions 2 hr thank you 29
*Sad music/sad themes Thread* 3 hr Nicholas Van Orton 182
More from around the web