Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 171619 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#92727 Jun 15, 2013
GLXGT wrote:
<quoted text>
I said it was written by man. From what he was supposedly told by God but others wrote it too so also on what others had heard as it was passed down. You make what you want to make of it as you always do. We all know that you are an expert on everything and if you don't agree it has to be wrong. LOL
yes, you were very clear. and both your statements disprove the concept of divine inspiration in the writing of the bible, which makes it completely the invention of humans.

it is not my opinion on these matters that makes it wrong or right, it is the proven facts for that issue.

“What's your story? Nevermind.”

Level 2

Since: Apr 13

none of my business.

#92728 Jun 15, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, you were very clear. and both your statements disprove the concept of divine inspiration in the writing of the bible, which makes it completely the invention of humans.
it is not my opinion on these matters that makes it wrong or right, it is the proven facts for that issue.
And this proves my point. I am not a creationists but yet you want to argue with me about the bible. Did something happen in your life that you blame God for so that is where all your hatred of him comes from? IF so,,, get over it!! If it just that your an evolutionists then you might try promoting that more and projecting about God less if you want to make a point to them.

St. Croix valley

#92729 Jun 15, 2013
GLXGT wrote:
<quoted text>
And this proves my point. I am not a creationists but yet you want to argue with me about the bible. Did something happen in your life that you blame God for so that is where all your hatred of him comes from? IF so,,, get over it!! If it just that your an evolutionists then you might try promoting that more and projecting about God less if you want to make a point to them.
I am not arguing with you about it. i agree with your statement one hundred percent. there was not divine inspiration in the writing of the bible, it is wholly and totally the work of humans.

St. Croix valley

#92730 Jun 15, 2013
GLXGT wrote:
<quoted text>
Good effin grief. Your question is how does one take out other factors in a study like that?
Well use your brain. They were inpatients which means they can take away drugs, alcohol, peer pressure, bad influence of friends, and all kinds of other crap.
But you pull the same crap you always do. I don't like it so it has to be bogus. LMAO
but not the other millions of factors in their personal lives...the economic situation of their life, or their region, the oppressiveness of their gov't, the weather in their region....

so many things...so many ways you fail to see how bogus this "study" is, but it said what you wanted to hear, so you just sucked it up...

St. Croix valley

#92731 Jun 15, 2013
GLXGT wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolutionists say that evolution is not about proving the bible wrong or saying there is no God. But that is all you do. You argue how God is a myth and the bible is all lies 10x's more than you do about trying to show evolution is true. So you must be full of crap and just come here to argue with the creationists. Yes isn't logic fun. LOL
it does not surprise me that you don't even know what the topic of this thread is...

you do seem like the type of person who would respond only to a headline without reading the article below it...

“Rising”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#92732 Jun 15, 2013
GLXGT wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. That's what it says that it has to do with morals.
LOL That isn't saying anything about morals.

“Rising”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#92733 Jun 15, 2013
GLXGT wrote:
<quoted text>
One thing you are completely overlooking about the bible. God did not write it, humans did. Humans are not perfect, humans misunderstand, humans don't always repeat things word for word that they have heard or been told. So what the bible says is a human said God said that.
Verily verily he said she said he said un to thee. heheheh

Level 2

none of my business.

#92734 Jun 15, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>I am not arguing with you about it. i agree with your statement one hundred percent. there was not divine inspiration in the writing of the bible, it is wholly and totally the work of humans.
What is even funnier about you is the fact how you use the judging icons like it gives you power. You remind me of Kitty. The judging icons always get burnt up when one or both of you are in a thread, and no one else is even posting. OH please stop I am melting. LMMFAO

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#92735 Jun 15, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
What a load of diarrhetic porcine effluence.
The standard cherry pick... cite the OT when it's convenient and deny it with the NT when it puts you in a corner.'Jesus fulfilled the laws', so Exodus 22:18 was repealed and the witch hunts 1)didn't happen or 2)were perpetuated by the evil Catholics who 'aren't Christians'(yet the Puritans of Salem were Protestant and there is practically no difference between the Catholic and Protestant Bibles.
I'd bet that each and every one of the self proclaimed "Christians" on the thread have cited Leviticus 20:13 at one time and another to justify their bigotry.
Friggin' liars for Jesus.
And Leviticus is out the window, so I can get a haircut - but gays are still evil.

I dunno how they can wrap their heads around this stuff.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#92736 Jun 15, 2013
GLXGT wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolutionists say that evolution is not about proving the bible wrong or saying there is no God. But that is all you do. You argue how God is a myth and the bible is all lies 10x's more than you do about trying to show evolution is true. So you must be full of crap and just come here to argue with the creationists. Yes isn't logic fun. LOL
What's an "evolutionist"?

Is that like a "gravitationist" or a "relativist"?

Level 2

none of my business.

#92737 Jun 15, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL That isn't saying anything about morals.
WOW your so right. The first paragraph says " it was found that greater MORAL objections to suicide and lower aggression level in religiously affiliated subjects may function as protective factors against suicide attempts".

You should try reading it before you belittle it. It does say "moral objections" not "objections from morons" like you. LMAO.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#92738 Jun 15, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no the bible clearly says god said it is OK to kill people who do not believe in him..
and that you can have slaves. and that you can kill homosexuals.
the god your cult invented is no god. a criminal perhaps, but no god.
"they'll call you a radical, a liberal, a fanatical and a criminal" Supertramp.

Level 2

none of my business.

#92739 Jun 15, 2013
Looks like kindergarten class is on recess. Macumazahn, Woodtick and Aura Mytha what time do they lay you all down for naptime? That way I can come back and talk when the adults are here and you kiddies are gone. LOL

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#92740 Jun 15, 2013
GLXGT wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that's logical. What is the title of the thread and what is the presumption of Creationism solely based upon? Seems to me Woodtick was agreeing with you on the validity of the Bible. The argument stems comes from you apparently being "tolerant" of teaching ignorance to school children. I do not find that a position of higher moral ground.
Religion is faith based, it doesn't make any difference how much evidence and logic you put forth, the devout will skip over it and trot out some deluded crackpot from the CARM, the Discovery Institute or AIG who might happen to have letters behind his name.
At the end of the day, no one is going to change the opinion of someone who is unwilling to be reasonable. 99% of the people on Topix are just here for the amusement, anyway.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#92741 Jun 15, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that suicide is considered a sin and a one-way ticket to hell might have something to do with it.
This just further proves that Christian theology is invalid. You can still go to heaven if you murder someone but taking your own life is unforgiveable? That makes absolutely no sense and I believe the opposite. Murder is one of the deadly sins but suicide is not an eternal death sentence.

St. Croix valley

#92742 Jun 15, 2013
GLXGT wrote:
<quoted text>
What is even funnier about you is the fact how you use the judging icons like it gives you power. You remind me of Kitty. The judging icons always get burnt up when one or both of you are in a thread, and no one else is even posting. OH please stop I am melting. LMMFAO
I've never used them even once...

you are looking foolish....again...

St. Croix valley

#92743 Jun 15, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>"they'll call you a radical, a liberal, a fanatical and a criminal" Supertramp.
I was not aware that a pop music group was where you take your theological cues from...

good to know.

St. Croix valley

#92744 Jun 15, 2013
GLXGT wrote:
Looks like kindergarten class is on recess. Macumazahn, Woodtick and Aura Mytha what time do they lay you all down for naptime? That way I can come back and talk when the adults are here and you kiddies are gone. LOL
seems like the kiddies made you look like an ass that has no idea what he is talking about...i wouldn't try the adult pages if I were you...

Level 2

none of my business.

#92745 Jun 15, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that's logical. What is the title of the thread and what is the presumption of Creationism solely based upon? Seems to me Woodtick was agreeing with you on the validity of the Bible. The argument stems comes from you apparently being "tolerant" of teaching ignorance to school children. I do not find that a position of higher moral ground.
Religion is faith based, it doesn't make any difference how much evidence and logic you put forth, the devout will skip over it and trot out some deluded crackpot from the CARM, the Discovery Institute or AIG who might happen to have letters behind his name.
At the end of the day, no one is going to change the opinion of someone who is unwilling to be reasonable. 99% of the people on Topix are just here for the amusement, anyway.
If someone wants to live their life believing in something that is not true that is their choice. Not up to me, you or anyone to tell them they are stupid and wrong. Like you said no one is going to change the opinion of someone who is unwilling to be reasonable.

Level 2

none of my business.

#92746 Jun 15, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>seems like the kiddies made you look like an ass that has no idea what he is talking about...i wouldn't try the adult pages if I were you...
You must have already been napping to dream that up. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: 13 min Parden Pard 1,880
News Florida man fired up after being told to keep B... 15 min Parden Pard 3
Dedicate a song (Jul '08) 16 min middleman1 16,008
last word/first word. (Apr '12) 21 min Trunketeer 6,032
OFFBEAT.keepAword.DropAword.2011edition (Oct '11) 22 min Trunketeer 19,132
Word Association (Mar '10) 22 min wichita-rick 17,614
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 24 min KNIGHT DeVINE 29,502
News How a Guy Got Banned From All Starbucks 26 min Spotted Girl 17
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 37 min CJ Rocker 167,024
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 2 hr Mega Monster 42,070
More from around the web