Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#92657 Jun 14, 2013
GLXGT wrote:
<quoted text>
So in the same perspective of your thinking, then all evolutionist should have to be required to go sit and listen to the sermons at the churches.
No need in this scenario, for mandatory evolution classes in churches are DUE to mandatory creationism classes in public schools.

However since no-one is forcing evolution in churches then no-one should force religion in public school science classes.

1 - Religion is not science.

2 - It's illegal to be promoted in public schools. But creationists don't care because they think that making USA Christian will bring Jesus back along with the apocalypse. This is why they hate education.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#92658 Jun 14, 2013
GLXGT wrote:
<quoted text>
And to be fair. Religion should be taught in a church where people can choose to go. Maybe evolution should be treated that same way. For real many college students have to take classes that does not pertain to what they are studying but yet they are required classes. I mean for real if a person is going to school to study biophysics he may be required to take a bowling class for example, I believe they call that a leisure class. Well hell he learned leisure when he was in high school lol. If a person is going to be a English teacher why should he be required to take an evolution class to get his degree? Classes that teach evolution should be an option, not a required class.
Evolution is NOT a required class. Don't want your kid to learn about science? Take them out of science class. You can homeschool your kids. Or send them to private school where they show the Flinstones as a science documentary. Or write a letter to your principle and tell them you don't want them to learn that nasty satanic atheist science stuff so your kid doesn't have to attend that class. Of course they will fail said class since they aren't doing the work that all the other kids are.

Unfortunately creationists aren't taking those options. Instead they are pushing for the Flinstones being as valid as biology in science classes. This isn't hurting just their own kid's education, which they have every right to do, but everyone else's as well by pushing known lies and calling it "science". This is not only monumentally stupid and damaging to science education, but also violates religious freedom as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#92659 Jun 14, 2013
GLXGT wrote:
<quoted text>
Science is not only evolution. There is so much more to science that evolution is just a little drop in the bucket. If a person is studying something that has nothing to do with neither religion or evolution then they should not be required to study about them. If a religious scientist teaches you how to dissect a frog he will teach you the same way a evolution scientists will. I remember in school and college, in science, biology, microbiology, anatomy ect ect we didn't talk about religion or evolution.
Correct. Evolution only takes up a third of science (biology). The other two thirds are made up by chemistry and physics.

Creationists don't like them either and are trying to replace them also with invisible Jewmagic.

Now do you see our problem?
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Good post, the puddle gooist sect has a set of beliefs, and they are beliefs, concerning the cause of the universe, its nature ,and its purpose and anyone who disagees with their beliefs will be excommunicated, and reviled.
Stay out of our terf then. It's not like you're interested in the subject anyway.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#92660 Jun 14, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>To be fair, a person is usually ridiculed when they claim a degree that doesn't fit the content of their posts. For example, this character HTS claims to have a medical degree, but the content of his/her posts don't show much actual knowledge of science. I would expect someone with a medical degree to maintain at least that.
They also get ridiculed if they get caught lying or if they constantly propose non-scientific concepts in scientific contexts.

Which is why HTS gets it with both barrels.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#92661 Jun 14, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I have, and that is one reason I am a Pagan, but still I would take Christian leadership over Atheist leadership. This is where you guys belong. Here online.
Even better than an atheist state or a theist state would be a secular state, one that doesn't push one or the other, nay? Ya know, something groovy like say, the Constitution of the United States of America that allows freedom of and freedom from religion for all.

Of course if it's theocracy you prefer there are some countries who cater to that too. Might I suggest Iran?

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Indianapolis, IN

#92662 Jun 14, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Not why would it its why didn't it?
It created flowers for the Bees.
It created oceans for the fish.
It created air for us.
It created the Sun and put the earth just far enough away from it.
It created light for our eyes to work.
Why not a bike?
Probably so stupid people could ask stupid questions like this.

“The strength of science is”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

founded in facts.

#92663 Jun 14, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
If by "after their own kind" you mean they don't violate nested hierarchies, I would agree.
Other than that though I'd say you know very little about God's creation because you're too busy idolizing an old book instead of paying attention to reality.
That seems to sum it up. The whole of Christianity doesn't rest on theology, but on a book written by numerous authors over hundreds of years, with stories borrowed from oral tradition and other cultures, translated and re-translated and then collated and reorganized by man resulting in numerous different versions.

“The strength of science is”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

founded in facts.

#92664 Jun 14, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
They also get ridiculed if they get caught lying or if they constantly propose non-scientific concepts in scientific contexts.
Which is why HTS gets it with both barrels.(shrug)
He does have all his baseless covered doesn't he.
drinK The hivE

New York, NY

#92665 Jun 14, 2013
German' Have A Word - "Geist" Which Is Pretty Much A Combination Of The 2 English Words - "Spirit" And "Ghost"...

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnu2x9Jurp1...

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#92666 Jun 14, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I have, and that is one reason I am a Pagan, but still I would take Christian leadership over Atheist leadership. This is where you guys belong. Here online.
So you would rather have people who support stoning anyone, including you, that opposes them. Someone who supports stoning children, slavery, and refuses to allow science to progress just because of superstitions. That makes you no better than they are.
Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#92667 Jun 14, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>Probably so stupid people could ask stupid questions like this.
Can I see the study backing this hypotheses up?
Level 1

Location hidden

#92668 Jun 14, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>So you would rather have people who support stoning anyone, including you, that opposes them. Someone who supports stoning children, slavery, and refuses to allow science to progress just because of superstitions. That makes you no better than they are.
2 Kings 21:6 ESV

And he burned his son as an offering and used fortune-telling and omens and dealt with mediums and with necromancers. He did much evil in the sight of the Lord, provoking him to anger.

2Chronicles 33:6 ESV

And he burned his sons as an offering in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, and used fortune-telling and omens and sorcery, and dealt with mediums and with necromancers. He did much evil in the sight of the Lord, provoking him to anger.

Deuteronomy 18:10 ESV

There shall not be found among you anyone who burns his son or his daughter as an offering, anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer

////////::

I would stone them also.

But you think they don't deserve that you think that's normal behavior to burn children alive to worship Satan.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#92670 Jun 14, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
And he burned his son as an offering and used fortune-telling and omens and dealt with mediums and with necromancers. He did much evil in the sight of the Lord, provoking him to anger.
And he burned his sons as an offering in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, and used fortune-telling and omens and sorcery, and dealt with mediums and with necromancers. He did much evil in the sight of the Lord, provoking him to anger.
There shall not be found among you anyone who burns his son or his daughter as an offering, anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer
I would stone them also.
But you think they don't deserve that you think that's normal behavior to burn children alive to worship Satan.

People were even dumber back then, than you are now.
I know it's a hard thing to top, but somehow they were rven more superstitious than you/
Dinoeater

Clifton, NJ

#92671 Jun 14, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
No need in this scenario, for mandatory evolution classes in churches are DUE to mandatory creationism classes in public schools.
However since no-one is forcing evolution in churches then no-one should force religion in public school science classes.
1 - Religion is not science.
2 - It's illegal to be promoted in public schools. But creationists don't care because they think that making USA Christian will bring Jesus back along with the apocalypse. This is why they hate education.
Hello all I'm back like I said i would. and we don't hate education what we hate is you guys making up stuff like evolution and big bang and saying you have proven it correct when you actually haven't.
and I agree with you religion is not science but the bible is like humanities history book. and since god created the universe science follows the bible you people just look away and and say I dont see anything and since I don't its false.

“Robert Stevens”

Level 1

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#92672 Jun 14, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Even better than an atheist state or a theist state would be a secular state, one that doesn't push one or the other, nay? Ya know, something groovy like say, the Constitution of the United States of America that allows freedom of and freedom from religion for all.
Of course if it's theocracy you prefer there are some countries who cater to that too. Might I suggest Iran?
I honestly do not believe an Atheist based nation would ever afford it's people freedom of religion. Even in American Schools Atheist with power do not permit conversations about an Intelligent Design of Earth or The Universe. I don't think they could handle power.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#92673 Jun 14, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
I would stone them also.
Um .... "Satanism" has never been seen ... because it's a myth. You support stoning children, we know your kind have done horrible things to children.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#92674 Jun 14, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I honestly do not believe an Atheist based nation would ever afford it's people freedom of religion. Even in American Schools Atheist with power do not permit conversations about an Intelligent Design of Earth or The Universe. I don't think they could handle power.
Sweden is evidence that opposes your notion. There are several others as well.
Level 1

Location hidden

#92675 Jun 14, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>People were even dumber back then, than you are now.
I know it's a hard thing to top, but somehow they were rven more superstitious than you/
Oh so you like burning your children alive then too? Weird.
Dinoeater

Clifton, NJ

#92676 Jun 14, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Um .... "Satanism" has never been seen ... because it's a myth. You support stoning children, we know your kind have done horrible things to children.
No duh what do you think they would just burn children alive in public? or say hey look we're burning children alive! no they do it secretively. and also there are children who disappear in holloween and even the police tell everybody to watch out during that day.
also our kind does horrible things to children? what horrible things? also if it has to do about the catholic church then forget it they have a looong history of horrible things in the past and probably present and future.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#92677 Jun 14, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh so you like burning your children alive then too? Weird.
Your religion is responsible for that, all religions are, your religion just as much.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 3 min Crystal_Clear722 3,004
Making rice paper sheets 22 min Hoosier Hillbilly 1
what are you feeling right now? (Dec '08) 23 min whatimeisit 1,201
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 29 min razz58 8,096
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 42 min Debra27 7,403
20,000th Post Wins - 2d Edition (Jan '13) 43 min Debra27 1,742
The BIZARRE reasons why men rape in India 1 hr Yupp111 1,112
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr stray-cat 152,740
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 2 hr UnderstandPeople 25,837
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 2 hr Missing persons 26,738