Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 222221 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#91235 May 30, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is from your site.
"No examples of complex herringbone weave are known from the time of Jesus when, in any case, burial cloths tended to be of plain weave. In addition, Jewish burial practice utilized—and the Gospel of John specifically describes for Jesus—multiple burial wrappings with a separate cloth over the face."
But there are examples
Methchild Flury-Lemberg, a leading authority on historic textiles and the former curator of Switzerland’s Abegg Foundation Textile Museum, has reported strong similarities between the Shroud’s fabric and fragments of cloth produced in the Middle East about 2,000 years ago. According to Flury-Lemberg, the cloth’s finishing, its selvage, and a very distinctive joining seam, all closely resemble unique ancient textiles found in tombs of the Jewish palace-fortress Masada. The Masada fabrics have been reliably dated to between 40 BCE and 73 CE. Flury-Lemberg’s detailed analysis of the Shroud’s fabric – an exceptionally fine quality, z-twist, 3-over-1-herringbone patterned linen cloth – is evidence that it was manufactured in the Middle East on a Roman-period Egyptian or Syrian loom.
so obviously your source is incorrect.
As far as other cloths,I believe the separate face cloth is known as the Sudarium Of Oveido.
Yes I am aware you prefer apologetics to science, but it doesn't matter. Nothing you post has come close to proving the existence of Jewish magic.

“Day is Day”

Level 3

Since: May 13

Night is Night

#91236 May 30, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Still waiting for an explanation of how the pyramids could not be built at the time they were. Oddly you have presented nothing to even attempt to oppose what I posted as to how they did it. So yeah, "BS and guesswork" does fit what you have posted thus far, just like all religious nuts post.
I never said they couldn't be built. What I said was in todays world, only using the same tools they had back then, that man of today could not build them on that scale today.

“Day is Day”

Level 3

Night is Night

#91237 May 30, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, thanks for the lecture, Briky.
lol Mike. I was bored :-)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#91238 May 30, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
And you have been shown time and time again it was children schooled in theism that did all the killing.Why do you keep posting the lie?Perhaps you need stronger meds.
Ivan's Terrible World War II Experiences: The Red Army G.I. in the Great Patrtiotic War, April 9, 2007
By C. M Mills "Michael Mills"
...The Russians died in droves. They were trained from birth to WORSHIP THE ATHEISTIC STATE. They were guilty of rape, looting, torture, Anti-Semitism and cruelty in all its hydra headed manifestations. Those Soviets who were captured by the enemy as POW's were suspected by their own government as being spies. Many of these troops were sent to the infamous GULAG's following the end of the war in 1945..........
http://www.amazon.com/review/R3KIYM2OAM43C9
Busted!!
Your god caused mass genocide. Including babies. Lots and lots of them. And you call it "good".

Busted.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#91239 May 30, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
We are obviously taking about in the U.S. Nimrod. Other countries will have their own laws.
Perhaps on the bright side we could send all of our creationists to England.
Thanks but no thanks.

Although your fundies are already trying to do this anyway.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#91240 May 30, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it comforting to know that the Father of the Big Bang Theory is a Roman Catholic priest.
Doesn't worry us. It was even a creationist who started to lay down the foundations for evolution. Many fundies find that concept to be somewhat treacherous.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#91241 May 30, 2013
briky wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok now that I can respect. You have been up and down in life so you know life is worth living. Again I will say no matter if you believe in evolution or creation, we all only have one life so make the best of it and again glad to meet you. You have overcame many hurdles and that is a great feat. Make a deal with you. get off my ass and I will get off yours. I gave you no reason to start on me and if I did unknowingly so my bad. I hope you continue to hold your head high and keep moving forward in a positive derection.
And again this is me and for the record my name is Jeff. I am a RN and Respiratory Care Practitioner – RRT with a masters. I hold a bachelors in Business. I hold a bachelors in Engineering, I hold an associates in computer programming (working on bachelors, then masters). I have two beautiful daughters and they are my life. I have lost all of my family except my daughters/grandkids and they are what and the only things I live for. I will not be forced into taking a side or be a robot to anyone.
I still think you are lying about your life. I see no reason to believe a word you state because you ignore facts, no one with an education would even think to say "we don't know how the pyramids were built," no one with an education above fifth grade, and that is very much a requirement for being a nurse.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#91242 May 30, 2013
briky wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said they couldn't be built. What I said was in todays world, only using the same tools they had back then, that man of today could not build them on that scale today.
Yes, we can, we have simulated it many times, following the exact same methods they describe in their own writings. You ignored all that several times, and someone even posted you one of the examples of someone doing something equivalent, now you are changing what your assertion is to try to save face and even this new goal post has already been addressed by the same things we have already explained to you. Face it, you are not interested in learning anything, you just want to make up mysteries that are so easy to solve because you're not educated or studied enough to know any of the real mysteries.

“Day is Day”

Level 3

Night is Night

#91243 May 30, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I still think you are lying about your life. I see no reason to believe a word you state because you ignore facts, no one with an education would even think to say "we don't know how the pyramids were built," no one with an education above fifth grade, and that is very much a requirement for being a nurse.
Ok I tried being nice and show you a little respect and you still are an @ss. So Fck you and Kiss my @ss. I won't make the mistake of trying to be nice to you again. And I don't believe your story either. You are a junkie, which is how you met other junkies, you probably live in a half way house in between rehabs which is why you work the kitchen line for it is the only job you can get since you are a junkie and been in trouble most of your life. There ya go. I can be an @ss just like you. Happy now?

“Day is Day”

Level 3

Night is Night

#91244 May 30, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
O and yes. Pyramids and nursing go hand in hand. LMMFAO

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#91245 May 30, 2013
briky wrote:
<quoted text>
O and yes. Pyramids and nursing go hand in hand. LMMFAO
I learned how they built the pyramids in junior high school, that was around 1980 actually. So yeah, if you're a nurse, you would have had to be in school long enough to at least learn that.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#91246 May 30, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Fair enough. Too bad science isn't open to the possibility of a Creator.
Sure it is. It ain't OUR fault that you guys have had 3,000 years to come up with a falsifiable hypothesis for invisible Jewmagic and still got zip.(shrug)

“Day is Day”

Level 3

Night is Night

#91247 May 30, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I learned how they built the pyramids in junior high school, that was around 1980 actually. So yeah, if you're a nurse, you would have had to be in school long enough to at least learn that.
Like I said you are right. Nursing and pyramids go hand in hand. LMFAO

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#91248 May 30, 2013
briky wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignoring for a moment that no one has sufficient interest to fund such a project, why couldn't it be done?

“Day is Day”

Level 3

Night is Night

#91249 May 30, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what this is kitty, Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilico volcanoconiosis? It is a BS word made up for a simple lung disease for inhaling silica dust. It cause inflammation but not much more else, but on rare occasions like anything it can get worse. Guess what... The pyramids taught me that. LMMFAO

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#91251 May 30, 2013
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
Kong
Is the formation of the The Big Bang from nothing, science?[/QUOTE]
"the formation of the The Big Bang from nothing" is a religitard strawman

Location hidden

#91252 May 30, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it comforting to know that the Father of the Big Bang Theory is a Roman Catholic priest.
Yeah... he didn't let his beliefs get in the way of his search for the truth.

Location hidden

#91253 May 30, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Fair enough. Too bad science isn't open to the possibility of a Creator.
Who says science isn't open to the possibility?? Without any tangible evidence of the assumed existence of a creator 'god'... what is there for science to study???
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#91255 May 30, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
woops make that -atheism because the children were schooled in a school system that was atheistic.
Sounds like what the American public schools have changed into since the 1960's.

Just wondering...how many other countries (other than America) actually believe in 'ape to human' evolution?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#91256 May 30, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like what the American public schools have changed into since the 1960's.
Just wondering...how many other countries (other than America) actually believe in 'ape to human' evolution?
Are you STILL doing that ignorant "ape-to-human" bullshit?

QUIT THAT!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 16 min T Bone 222,039
Funny!! Word association game. (Nov '13) 1 hr wichita-rick 5,978
Add a Word remove a Word (Oct '13) 1 hr Alyssa76 5,464
Let's Play Songs With Four Words,... (Jul '15) 1 hr wichita-rick 121
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 1 hr Alyssa76 17,282
Last two letters into two new words... (Jun '15) 1 hr wichita-rick 6,800
Things that make life eaiser... (Apr '15) 1 hr Bovenzi13 846
Coffee with Pie! (Sep '08) 2 hr Sublime1 35,405
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 2 hr Sublime1 5,429
More from around the web