Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 221199 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

downhill246

Pompano Beach, FL

#91205 May 29, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Quotes without links by creationists are automatically assumed to be lies.
Do you have a unbiased link confirming your quote or can we just assume it is a lie?
downhill246

Pompano Beach, FL

#91207 May 29, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
We are obviously taking about in the U.S. Nimrod. Other countries will have their own laws.
Perhaps on the bright side we could send all of our creationists to England.
"Creationism is the religious belief that life, the Earth, and the universe are the creation of a supernatural being."

That takes care of about 80 to 85percent of the population. Wouldn't it be easier to ship the skeptics to England ? Heck, a few boat loads, problem solved.

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#91208 May 29, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way your logic leaves a bit to be desired kind of like grasping at straws.If 20 centuries from now the only motor vehicle researchers find dating to our time is a Yugo would they argue we all drove only Yugos?
Bad example, but no detailed information would be found showing different types of autos in the industry.
Which is completely different than Jewish law and tradition, which was very specific with burial cloths, and your shroud doesn't match them.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#91209 May 29, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Fair enough. Too bad science isn't open to the possibility of a Creator.
Wrong. It is open to the possibility. There is no reason to believe in a creator without evidence. Get some evidence and you will get the belief of rational people.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#91210 May 29, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a unbiased link confirming your quote or can we just assume it is a lie?
Which quote?

If I quote someone I try to post a link. If someone demands a link I will more than happily provide it.

Creationists have a terrible history of lying so that is why that rule exists.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#91211 May 29, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, even more firepower. Just shows the recognition one can get when they are an expert in their field and Dr Zugibe certainly is an expert in his field.
Firepower? Wow, like an pyro boy scout getting his fire safety merit badge from an arsonist leader. You don't blink an eye at his being knighted for great acts and service to the church - and I didn't expect you would. Ethically challenged, much?

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#91212 May 29, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Creationism is the religious belief that life, the Earth, and the universe are the creation of a supernatural being."
That takes care of about 80 to 85percent of the population. Wouldn't it be easier to ship the skeptics to England ? Heck, a few boat loads, problem solved.
I think your numbers are a tad off - and/or it's just you. Affirmation of superstition and mythology by popularity contest? I suppose it passes the smell test if you've snorted enough frankincense and myrrh.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#91213 May 29, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
You grossly overestimate the percentage of creationists in the U.S.. To get your figure you had to heavily water down the definition of a "creationist".

When we are talking about creationists here we are talking about the crazies that believe in fairy tales like Adam and Eve, and Noah's Ark. That cuts it down to about 46%. Sadly still way too high of a number. But the end result would be that the U.S. intelligence rate would go up from 10 to 20 IQ points:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/05/amer...

“Day is Day”

Level 3

Since: May 13

Night is Night

#91214 May 30, 2013
Here is a fact. I leave here every time I come here hurting from laughter and never uptight. Now you Creationists and Evolutionists come here bitching, whining and moaning on both sides, name calling, ranting and raving and saying prove what mean, show proof, you’re an idiot so on and so on. Who wins?? Neither of you win for you all argue, biotch back and forth, you leave uptight thinking they are idiots and go to bed or work thinking ok when I get back on there I am going to say THIS!!! Admit it or not you both get a little stressed. Me? Hell yeah I win for I always leave hurting from laughter and this is some funny shyt watching both sides bash and crash with each other like it really makes a fcking difference. 1. You all don’t even know each other. 2. You all have never met. 3. You all probably will never meet. 4. Why the hellll do you let such petty crap control so much of each of your lives? 5. Why do you all (both sides) let someone you don’t even know get to you so bad with their opinion? 6. You are on line and you won’t get anyone to believe in your side by bashing and trashing. 7. Again you are online so you think you will get a complete stranger to agree with you? 8. You both push your opinion/belief with hate and sarcasm expecting something positive from it which will never happen. Again I have to say I leave here every time hurting from laughter watching you all go back and forth of “you’re an idiot”“you have no proof”“prove what you say” and so on and so on. That’s why I make jokes and silly posts to break the ice for you all so maybe, just maybe I can give you all a smile or a laugh. From what I see in here I could shove a lump of coal up each one of your all’s @sses and have Diamonds the next week. Is it really worth it to come on here and argue and get uptight when neither of you are going to give or win? Live life, spend it with people you love, people that make you smile and have fun while you can for each and every day that passes is one less day we all have to enjoy for whether you believe in evolution or you believe in creation every day that passes puts every one of us a little closer to dying. Life is what you make of it while you are alive, that is a FACT!!

PS: I had very much fun with my daughters tonight, That is what life is about. Living it while you can with the ones that matter not wasting it arguing with people that don't matter.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#91215 May 30, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
And you have been shown time and time again it was children schooled in theism that did all the killing.Why do you keep posting the lie?Perhaps you need stronger meds.
Ivan's Terrible World War II Experiences: The Red Army G.I. in the Great Patrtiotic War, April 9, 2007
By C. M Mills "Michael Mills"
...The Russians died in droves. They were trained from birth to WORSHIP THE ATHEISTIC STATE. They were guilty of rape, looting, torture, Anti-Semitism and cruelty in all its hydra headed manifestations. Those Soviets who were captured by the enemy as POW's were suspected by their own government as being spies. Many of these troops were sent to the infamous GULAG's following the end of the war in 1945..........
http://www.amazon.com/review/R3KIYM2OAM43C9
Busted!!
sorry pal...just because the state was atheist does not mean the people gave up their faith.

it was people of your religious cult that did all that killing.

busted.

“Day is Day”

Level 3

Night is Night

#91216 May 30, 2013
Kttiy says I am a dumb @ss but I am 49 years old. I am a RN and Respiratory Care Practitioner – RRT with a masters. I hold a bachelors in Business. I hold a bachelors in Engineering, I hold an associates in computer programming (working on bachelors, then masters). I have two beautiful daughters and they are my life. I lost my Dad in Vietnam, my mother in 2010, my oldest brother very young in 1979, my other brother in April of 2011. So I do it all for my kids and grandkids so they can have a better life than I had. My life is half over but their life is just starting and my grandkids life (I have three) hasn’t even started yet. My life is to make sure my kids and grandkids have a better life than I had. Evolution or creation will not do that, only I will. That is a fcking fact! But if you all get your jolly’s off coming year day in and day out arguing and biotching with each other, then to each his own. I prefer to have fun, live , laugh and enjoy life and make sure my generations that follow me can do the same. So yes I will come by here from time to time and throw out funny, silly and crazy crap get my laughs and try to get you uptight @ssholes (both sides) to have a laugh or a smile instead of arguing and running each other down all the time. But hey that is me and like I said, to each his own. Live like tomorrow may never come but enjoy it all you can when it arrives. You all can choose to be here or go live life. It is your choice and life will be gone before you know it.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#91217 May 30, 2013
briky wrote:
Kttiy says I am a dumb @ss but I am 49 years old. I am a RN and Respiratory Care Practitioner – RRT with a masters. I hold a bachelors in Business. I hold a bachelors in Engineering, I hold an associates in computer programming (working on bachelors, then masters). I have two beautiful daughters and they are my life. I lost my Dad in Vietnam, my mother in 2010, my oldest brother very young in 1979, my other brother in April of 2011. So I do it all for my kids and grandkids so they can have a better life than I had. My life is half over but their life is just starting and my grandkids life (I have three) hasn’t even started yet. My life is to make sure my kids and grandkids have a better life than I had. Evolution or creation will not do that, only I will. That is a fcking fact! But if you all get your jolly’s off coming year day in and day out arguing and biotching with each other, then to each his own. I prefer to have fun, live , laugh and enjoy life and make sure my generations that follow me can do the same. So yes I will come by here from time to time and throw out funny, silly and crazy crap get my laughs and try to get you uptight @ssholes (both sides) to have a laugh or a smile instead of arguing and running each other down all the time. But hey that is me and like I said, to each his own. Live like tomorrow may never come but enjoy it all you can when it arrives. You all can choose to be here or go live life. It is your choice and life will be gone before you know it.
shouldn't you be out living your life now? please?

“Day is Day”

Level 3

Night is Night

#91218 May 30, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>shouldn't you be out living your life now? please?
I did. Now it is my time to play. And oh by the way did I pull your chain little piggy? Nope I don't think so. So go live yours.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#91219 May 30, 2013
briky wrote:
<quoted text>
I did. Now it is my time to play. And oh by the way did I pull your chain little piggy? Nope I don't think so. So go live yours.
You are awake at between 2:30 and 5:30 AM for the US, so ... it's obvious you are lying about your life's situation. Either you are a child who should be asleep, for school in the morning, but chose instead to throw your entire life away trolling online, or ... a homeless guy sitting in the shelter, strung out on meth, because welfare paid them early.

“Day is Day”

Level 3

Night is Night

#91220 May 30, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You are awake at between 2:30 and 5:30 AM for the US, so ... it's obvious you are lying about your life's situation. Either you are a child who should be asleep, for school in the morning, but chose instead to throw your entire life away trolling online, or ... a homeless guy sitting in the shelter, strung out on meth, because welfare paid them early.
I don't have to work you dumb biotch. I can sleep and be awake when ever the hell I please. Is that so hard for you to understand??? Oh never mind for you can't understand anything. LMFAO

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#91221 May 30, 2013
briky wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have to work you dumb biotch. I can sleep and be awake when ever the hell I please. Is that so hard for you to understand??? Oh never mind for you can't understand anything. LMFAO
So, then you're the troll child who should be sleeping to prepare for school tomorrow. You are not bright enough to survive as freelance, freelance is often referred to as "the other form of jobless," which is fitting because you barely make enough to live on. You are not wealthy, or you'd be out with actual friends instead of here, of course they'd probably be shallow nobodies holding onto you for money, but you'd still be out. You cannot be in a relationship, of you'd be with them instead, that includes marriage. That leaves only the bum high on meth, or the child troll.

“Day is Day”

Level 3

Night is Night

#91222 May 30, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So, then you're the troll child who should be sleeping to prepare for school tomorrow. You are not bright enough to survive as freelance, freelance is often referred to as "the other form of jobless," which is fitting because you barely make enough to live on. You are not wealthy, or you'd be out with actual friends instead of here, of course they'd probably be shallow nobodies holding onto you for money, but you'd still be out. You cannot be in a relationship, of you'd be with them instead, that includes marriage. That leaves only the bum high on meth, or the child troll.
I am 49 you dumb biotch! Can you not read I already told you that. My best guess is that you are a child, I would say teen trying to hang with the big dogs which would explain why you hide behind them saying "yeah what they said" for you really have no input of your own but yet want to try fit in so you just back the crowd and stroke their @ss. That pretty much sums you up to a tee!

“Day is Day”

Level 3

Night is Night

#91223 May 30, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Out with actual friends? LMAO it is 5am where I am at. Which again shows me you are just a kid if you think at 5am people should still be out running around. What a joke you are. LMFAO

“Day is Day”

Level 3

Night is Night

#91224 May 30, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you, 18. 19? You weigh what 250 or 300? never had a date, missed prom. Babysit for money on the weekends and some week nights. Saved your money and bought a computer to make up a fantasy life being your life is shittyyyy? I do feel sorry for you but just because your life sux does not mean we all live that way and that you can give me shyt because you are unhappy. Eat less and run more. It will get better. LMAO

“When you treat people as they ”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#91225 May 30, 2013
briky wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you, 18. 19? You weigh what 250 or 300? never had a date, missed prom. Babysit for money on the weekends and some week nights. Saved your money and bought a computer to make up a fantasy life being your life is shittyyyy? I do feel sorry for you but just because your life sux does not mean we all live that way and that you can give me shyt because you are unhappy. Eat less and run more. It will get better. LMAO
Your hatred is deteriorating into guesswork, You have nothing and so attempt to denigrate another poster with made up BS. Tell me are you christian? You certainly act like one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 min Suezanne 215,203
~A Baby Is A Little Bit Of Heaven~ 7 min Lifelover 61
News Chilly justice: Man ticketed for warming up car... 9 min Parden Pard 13
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 11 min Ohio Sam 74,195
News Weird 3 mins ago 10:15 p.m.What would happen if... 12 min Suezanne 2
News Greyhound rescue saves puppy from meat trade in... 17 min Parden Pard 7
The one item I don't want to be without....... 19 min Suezanne 171
What have you learned in your years on Earth? (Jun '10) 36 min honeymylove 154
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 38 min Ohio Sam 3,723
More from around the web