Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“Day is Day”

Level 3

Since: May 13

Night is Night

#91126 May 29, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to register with Topix to see the points. It is a game of no consequence, but it can help to pass the time while waiting for a reply.
I see you in yellow with your info, I see me in yellow and my info. I see "The Dude" in gray with no info. So I am taking it that the yellow with info means registered and gray with no info means not?

“Day is Day”

Level 3

Night is Night

#91127 May 29, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to build up points.
I just checked. You enable the game in your Profile Settings
]

Thank Mike. I will have to go check that out.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#91128 May 29, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
You should consider looking up the actual scientific definition of 'theory' so as to not come across as an uneducated hick.
Too late.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#91129 May 29, 2013
briky wrote:
<quoted text>
Force doesn't have to mean going to a certain place. I see force from both sides on here by one or the other saying "You are an idiot" "You are wrong stupid, this is how it is" so on and so on. People respond to criticism and sarcasm with criticism and sarcasm in return.
So you deny that things evolve? As I said, you are a religious nut.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#91130 May 29, 2013
briky wrote:
<quoted text>
I am registered. I sign in with a briky..... and a password every time I come here. Do I have to do something else?
Nope, that's all. And if you check you can see I gave you your first prop.

There is box next to the thumbsup on the post that you can check or at the top of the page there is a popup that you can click on that will detail your daily progress.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#91131 May 29, 2013
briky wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you in yellow with your info, I see me in yellow and my info. I see "The Dude" in gray with no info. So I am taking it that the yellow with info means registered and gray with no info means not?
Yes.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#91132 May 29, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes, I definitely vote. Wouldn't miss it for anything. Things are looking up with Charter schools and school tax vouchers in states with common sense.
BELOW ARE THE FIVE STATES THAT HAVE BANNED EVOLUTION FROM THE CLASSROOM, IN PUBLIC SCHOOLS.
“Currently five states _ Florida, Illinois, Kentucky, Mississippi and Oklahoma _ have no references to evolution in their state school curriculums, according to the National Center for Science Education.”
http://wsbradio.com/common/ap/2004/01/30/D80D...
http://www.natcenscied.org/
----------
THREE MORE States are currently preparing there court cases to do the
same thing!
It is expected that these States will win their cases as well, as the ACLU seems to be focused on having a single way to say The Pledge.(A
topic that was put to bed some 40 years ago, with 2 accepted ways to say The Pledge).
First of all, evolution isn't banned by the state. In some schools it's been removed from the curriculum due to the illegal meddling of local politicians, school boards or headteachers. In the case of the latter it's because some of them are stupid, while others are simply trying to avoid flak from uneducated fundie parents or an expensive lawsuit that will incur severe fines for the school.

This is because even THEY know that IF things go to court, it will be the school that loses out. While that may be bad in the short run, personally in the long run I think it would be a good thing, as it would help expose the anti-science intentions of the fundies and prevent them from screwing with other schools in the future.

Winning in court is not an option for you guys. You know this because you invented ID 20 years ago to try and sneak around it.

It failed. Big time.

“Day is Day”

Level 3

Night is Night

#91133 May 29, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to build up points.
I just checked. You enable the game in your Profile Settings
Thanks Mike. That is what it was. I clicked your thumb for the help. WOW everything looks different. There is a leader board, different colored boxes around peoples pictures. People on different levels. Blue circles in front of all the threads. lol Pretty cool
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#91134 May 29, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's.
Are you kidding? Since when do Bible fundies follow the Bible?(shrug)

“Day is Day”

Level 3

Night is Night

#91135 May 29, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, that's all. And if you check you can see I gave you your first prop.
There is box next to the thumbsup on the post that you can check or at the top of the page there is a popup that you can click on that will detail your daily progress.
It is working now. Mike figured out I had the game off. I gave him a prop but it won't let me give you one. It says I am out. Sorry. Thanks for the help everyone

Level 9

Everett, WA

#91136 May 29, 2013
One more point on the game. If you have some form of adblock you cannot see everything. On my Google browser I have no adblock. On my Firefox I do. I use Google Chrome while playing for points.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#91137 May 29, 2013
briky wrote:
Ok I have a couple questions. I see threads that say "posting for points" others say "lets swap props". What is that about? Also there is a gray thumbs up icon in right upper corner of everyone's comment box. What is it? Just curious.
The kitten-haters who run this place discovered by attracting mindless drones to click multiple aimless threads and pretty blue blocks also increases the appearance of traffic and ultimately results in a few more people clicking on a few more adverts creating a little more revenue. The reward you get for repeatingly hitting your mouse button a million times during the week gets you to the top of the leader board which may put a pretty, but worthless, little yellow crown above your name. And a ruined mouse.

Also if your PC's at work happen to suck beyond belief with zero RAM and older browsers while still attempting to run multiple applications whether you like it or not, all the fancy java/flash "graphics" required for the game and all the adverts slows interweb browsing to a crawl that can only be compared with the creationist's acceptance of reality.

And some bozo thought it would be a great idea to put this "game" in a SCIENCE forum.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#91138 May 29, 2013
briky wrote:
<quoted text>
It is working now. Mike figured out I had the game off. I gave him a prop but it won't let me give you one. It says I am out. Sorry. Thanks for the help everyone
That's fine with me. I already have earned all of the points that I can by being propped today. You can get the ability to give out more props by earning more points. You get another prop to give out for every one hundred points that you earn. Getting a prop gives you ten points, up to a maximum of 50 points. You can earn up to 5 points by giving props.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#91139 May 29, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your monkey version of science is a faith type of religion
You don't know what science is. You don't care what science is. Your opinion on the matter is not only patently false but worth less than fishpoop.

“Day is Day”

Level 3

Night is Night

#91140 May 29, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
That's fine with me. I already have earned all of the points that I can by being propped today. You can get the ability to give out more props by earning more points. You get another prop to give out for every one hundred points that you earn. Getting a prop gives you ten points, up to a maximum of 50 points. You can earn up to 5 points by giving props.
Thanks. I was out exploring looking for the Topix letters. lol I have another prop to give who needs one? Anybody?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#91141 May 29, 2013
briky wrote:
<quoted text>
And I just gave you my last prop for the day. Again, no reason to return it. You might want to save them to trade with others to get your last two props.

One thing about the game is that players of it tend to be a bit more civil with each other since you never know when they will help you out with a prop. That doesn't mean someone will not call you an idiot when you make a boneheaded post, it just means it is less likely.

Have fun playing!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#91142 May 29, 2013
briky wrote:
<quoted text>
Bingo.

I am actually registered it's just I can post just as easy without having to sign in. Unfortunately it means I'm stuck with the stupid game.

Not that I could even get it to turn off when I did sign in anyway.

:-/

Level 9

Everett, WA

#91143 May 29, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
The kitten-haters who run this place discovered by attracting mindless drones to click multiple aimless threads and pretty blue blocks also increases the appearance of traffic and ultimately results in a few more people clicking on a few more adverts creating a little more revenue. The reward you get for repeatingly hitting your mouse button a million times during the week gets you to the top of the leader board which may put a pretty, but worthless, little yellow crown above your name. And a ruined mouse.
Also if your PC's at work happen to suck beyond belief with zero RAM and older browsers while still attempting to run multiple applications whether you like it or not, all the fancy java/flash "graphics" required for the game and all the adverts slows interweb browsing to a crawl that can only be compared with the creationist's acceptance of reality.
And some bozo thought it would be a great idea to put this "game" in a SCIENCE forum.
Adblock is your friend. It would also make it all but impossible to play the game, but I don't need to see ads at work. Ooh, looky there Chicken Chipotle Combo, only five bucks!
Sillyness

Edmonton, Canada

#91144 May 29, 2013
How many witnessed the persecution and resurrection of Jesus Christ?

How many??? What was the number that attended this?

“Day is Day”

Level 3

Night is Night

#91145 May 29, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Bingo.
I am actually registered it's just I can post just as easy without having to sign in. Unfortunately it means I'm stuck with the stupid game.
Not that I could even get it to turn off when I did sign in anyway.
:-/
But you can. Go to your settings and disable game. MikeF figured out that is why mine did not work because I had the game disabled.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 1 min ---Word Woman--- 20,372
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 6 min wichita-rick 147,126
A six word game (Dec '08) 11 min Trouser Cough 17,560
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 24 min Trouser Cough 54,581
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 28 min Trouser Cough 29,392
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 31 min Trouser Cough 40,254
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 36 min CJ Rocker 25,953
What's your tip for the day? 1 hr ms_Sweeter 1,051
I Like..... (Mar '14) 3 hr ms_Sweeter 317
What Could Be Sweet,...? 3 hr ms_Sweeter 33