Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 164215 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#91051 May 29, 2013
briky wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you seem to jump in on my posts to someone else I thought I would return the favor.
Can you not read. That creatard left a bit ago. His last post was he had enough or something like that. Do you always whip dead horses while you ramble. lol
... and now you have returned pretending to not be a creatard and with a new name. It's pretty obvious.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#91052 May 29, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet state atheism remains the Mother of All Murderers on Steroids with about 150 million dead men ,women and children to its credit during the 20th century. The atheist Red Army, true to form raped its way across Europe during WWII. The statue in Berlin to the Russian soldier as been given another name by German women.They call it the tomb of the unknown rapist.
//////////
The Atheistic Red Army in action
THE Red Army's orgy of rape in the dying days of Nazi Germany was conducted on a much greater scale than previously suspected, according to a new book by the military historian Anthony Beevor.
Beevor, the author of the best-selling Stalingrad, says advancing Soviet troops raped large numbers of Russian and Polish women held in concentration camps, as well as millions of Germans.
Alexander Solzhenitsyn, the Nobel laureate who was then a young officer, described the horror in his narrative poem Prussian Nights: "The little daughter's on the mattress,/Dead. How many have been on it? A platoon, a company perhaps?"
How many German women were raped? One can only guess, but a high proportion of at least 15 MILLION women who either lived in the Soviet Union zone or were expelled from the eastern provinces. The scale of rape is suggested by the fact that about two MILLION women had illegal abortions every year between 1945 and 1948.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/eur ...
State atheism is a plague on humanity.
yet you have been shown time and time again that it was people of faith that did all that killing.

why do you have to keep posting that lie? perhaps we should start a thread a bout why cult members like you have to constantly lie to try and support their cult?

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#91053 May 29, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting...Let us know how it turns out.
Me thought, the fair thing to do is:
*** either teach BOTH or teach NONE***
That would be illegal.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#91054 May 29, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
and teaching Evolution in public schools may soon be illegal according to the Supreme Court, since it goes against the religious beliefs of most of the people who pay the taxes for the schools.
You are *SO* full of crap. When did the Supreme Court say teaching evolution in public schools would become illegal?

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#91055 May 29, 2013
Jeffersonian wrote:
<quoted text>
I have severe mixed feelings about what's going on in my community.
I and my family are practicing Christians. I understand and believe in the Jeffersonian principles regarding the separation of church & state. Because this nation is and has always been the world's melting pot, it's only common sense that we as a nation have a public education system that is religion-neutral. Yet at the same time I'm not a big fan of the ACLU and their heavy-handed bullying tactics.
You might find this interesting:
http://www.aclu.org/aclu-defense-religious-pr...
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#91056 May 29, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
and teaching Evolution in public schools may soon be illegal according to the Supreme Court, since it goes against the religious beliefs of most of the people who pay the taxes for the schools.
Sorry, but that's not the case. You already lost this one. In court. Multiple times. Creationism is illegal as it's religion. Evolution is not because it ain't. Period.
imagine2011 wrote:
Within the race...It's just a single hurdle you guys have made, but your next jump may be a fall. You don't realize the more we are stiffled, the harder we push back.
You keep saying that every time. Right before you lose another court case. You've lost every evo-creo court case since 1925.
SnakeMeister wrote:
However, there is that part of science that is really nothing more than "theory", the same as the "Theory of Evolution" (1837) scientist whom we all know by the name of "Charles Darwin". Darwin's Theory of Evolution was just that, a "theory".

There was/is very little scientific proof that his theory actually held any water at all except for the fact that partial truths have been manufactured into whole truths to justify Darwin’s “theory”.
Your opinion has long since been proved wrong.
imagine2011 wrote:
then we need either both or none taught in schools.

Fair is fair.

It would give the children a chance to make up their own mind.
Except ours has evidence. And is religion-neutral. Yours has no evidence and violates the First Amendment. You have no right to instate theocracy until you first destroy the US Constitution.
replaytime wrote:
Sub they both all they want. But let them choose which one they want to go to.
They already HAVE that choice. Any parents who don't want their kids to learn science can tell kids to lie on their tests. Or they can flunk science. Or they can homeschool them. Or send them to a private school where they teach the Flinstones as a science documentary. Or take them to any church they want that spews any old BS about the "evils of evilution". But they DON'T have the right to push their baseless religious opinions onto other people's kids, period.
replaytime wrote:
But if a kid wants to pray in school he should be able to for he is not teaching religion, he is just doing what he believes helps him, but yet he can't drop to his knees and pray because it has been banned in many schools.
Wrong. Kids CAN pray during break and lunchtimes when they don't have to do schoolwork. TEACHERS cannot pray in class or lead others to while being paid by the Gvmt.
downhill246 wrote:
shroud
rationalwiki.org/wiki/Shroud_of_Turin
downhill246 wrote:
There is a third choice. I can BS like you often do.
I don't. You do.
downhill246 wrote:
Yet state atheism remains the Mother of All Murderers on Steroids
I don't support state atheism. However your rant is irrelevant to the fact that your god makes all historical combined look like the Care Bears.
downhill246 wrote:
Joe Nickell is not a scientist.
Since science is irrelevant to the position of Godmagic you have zero cause to complain.(shrug)
briky wrote:
None of you know what to think about me
On the contrary. You're a douche.(shrug)

By the way. Can someone PLEASE explain to the kittens how the heck we got onto the subject of GLOBAL WARMING?!?

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#91057 May 29, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not even close to the 'end of the story'.
Within the race...It's just a single hurdle you guys have made, but your next jump may be a fall.
You don't realize the more we are stiffled, the harder we push back.
Also, as far as taking away tax exempt status from religious organizations, could actually be your 'downfall'.(What you do by evil, God uses for good.)
By allowing these millions of groups, who were once silenced from their political views, once again to have freedom to do get deeply involved, changing this nation back to its roots.
It is going to allow them to crush their opponents at the voting booths.
A bit more than a single hurdle, bucko:
http://ncse.com/taking-action/ten-major-court...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#91058 May 29, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
You are *SO* full of crap. When did the Supreme Court say teaching evolution in public schools would become illegal?
another example of the cult members lying openly...seems to be a trend.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#91059 May 29, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
In one of his many wet dreams about the wonders of theocracy.

In reality they already tried that line of argument in court and lost. Every time.

'imagine2011' is a fantastic demonstration that fundies are incapable of learning from their past mistakes.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#91060 May 29, 2013
SnakeMeister wrote:
However, there is that part of science that is really nothing more than "theory", the same as the "Theory of Evolution" (1837) scientist whom we all know by the name of "Charles Darwin". Darwin's Theory of Evolution was just that, a "theory".
There was/is very little scientific proof that his theory actually held any water at all except for the fact that partial truths have been manufactured into whole truths to justify Darwin’s “theory”.
Link to the article:
http://www.examiner.com/article/god-s-holy-wo...
You should consider looking up the actual scientific definition of 'theory' so as to not come across as an uneducated hick.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#91061 May 29, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
When we don't believe what you preach is true....
and...
you don't believe what we preach is true...
then we need either both or none taught in schools.
Fair is fair.
It would give the children a chance to make up their own mind.
Why teach them anything? Let's just turn them loose to wander the world so they can figure it all out for themselves. Putz.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#91062 May 29, 2013
fatbacks x wrote:
Only be a coupla more years and white trash will have evolved back to the trees to throw s--t at each other.
Well, at least you've set a goal for yourself.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#91063 May 29, 2013
replaytime wrote:
Sub I have nothing against teaching either. But no one should be made to learn one or the other. Just saying let them choose which one they want to learn more about
Everyone already has that choice. Christian school or public school.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#91064 May 29, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Never called evolution a religion. But if a kid wants to pray in school he should be able to for he is not teaching religion, he is just doing what he believes helps him...
What planet are you from? Every student does have the right to pray in school.
replaytime wrote:
...but yet he can't drop to his knees and pray because it has been banned in many schools.
He can. Unless he's being disruptive. You can't drop to your knees in a crosswalk and block traffic either.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#91065 May 29, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
Let's go over some debunked claims.
Shroud fans have said that no one knows how it could have been made. The fact is more than one way to reproduce the Shroud using 14th century technology exists.
The claim that the shroud was "contaminated" by fire. Debunked by people who calculated how much the shroud would have to have gained in mass to date at a 14th century date.
The next claim was that the cloth dated was a patch. That is extremely unlikely. They had to hit an invisibly repaired patch or hit an obvious patch, neither one seems very likely.
The more you add up the facts the more obvious that the Church was right in their first guess, the shroud is a fake.
There's another difficulty.

Wrap a towel around your head. Now flatten it out.

The impression will include the sides, stretched out...

I'm not putting that well, but the point is, the perspective's all warped. The only way one can get an image that looks like a portrait, rather than an impression, is, well, paint a portrait.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#91066 May 29, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey man, do I look like a leader to you?
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-R-j_-pi-Iek/TWQmRME...
;-p
Lol - like a boss!

Sao Paulo

#91067 May 29, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
It is the same thing a boss today (employer) does when he has you (employee) sign a contract for employment where you must behave a certain way 24/7, while on the clock or off and then gives you what you need to live for doing it (money, insurance).
I didn't know McDonalds had such contracts.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#91068 May 29, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting...Let us know how it turns out.
Me thought, the fair thing to do is:
*** either teach BOTH or teach NONE***
If 'both' were science you might have a point. BTW... how is cramming theology into a science class room in any way "fair"?

Sao Paulo

#91069 May 29, 2013
briky wrote:
...Me? That is easy. While the Optimist and the Pessimist argued over whether the glass was half full or half empty, I drank it, quenched my thirst and said its empty now, problem solved.
A glass is never empty, it's just liquidly challenged.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#91071 May 29, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Gosh trolly , who's head did you steal it out of? We know it isn't yours!
"A.B. Normal"?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Things Not To Say In Bed (Oct '11) 19 min SLY WEST 2,930
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 58 min SLY WEST 29,134
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 59 min I Am No One_ 162,998
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: 1 hr Grace Nerissa 618
News Thief smashes car window but leaves $1 million ... 1 hr Stephany McDowell 1
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 1 hr Grace Nerissa 32,039
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 1 hr Grace Nerissa 8,671
REAL motorcycle traveling stories. 1 hr Mega Monster 31
DILF Sets 30 minute record 1 hr Stephany McDowell 13
More from around the web