Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“A Idiot Thinks Im Savoir Faire”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Paranoid That I Am Everywhere

#90983 May 28, 2013
* teach both even

Level 5

#90984 May 28, 2013
Sub I have nothing against teaching either. But no one should be made to learn one or the other. Just saying let them choose which one they want to learn more about

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#90985 May 28, 2013
replaytime wrote:
* teach both even
Religonmortis infection or school ...choose!

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#90986 May 28, 2013
replaytime, you cannot teach religion in a public school. Evolution, regardless of what you think it is, is not religion. Creationism is religion.

Level 5

#90987 May 28, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
replaytime, you cannot teach religion in a public school. Evolution, regardless of what you think it is, is not religion. Creationism is religion.
Never called evolution a religion. But if a kid wants to pray in school he should be able to for he is not teaching religion, he is just doing what he believes helps him, but yet he can't drop to his knees and pray because it has been banned in many schools.

Level 5

#90988 May 28, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
What is going to happen next? Are environmentalist going to start refusing to take hand out study sheets and tests in schools that are on paper for it takes to many tress from earth.

Level 5

#90989 May 28, 2013
*trees even

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#90990 May 28, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Never called evolution a religion. But if a kid wants to pray in school he should be able to for he is not teaching religion, he is just doing what he believes helps him, but yet he can't drop to his knees and pray because it has been banned in many schools.
Religonmortis and school don't mix, you must get inoculated, immunized and grow brains.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#90991 May 28, 2013
replaytime wrote:
Sub I have nothing against teaching either. But no one should be made to learn one or the other. Just saying let them choose which one they want to learn more about
Now there's a fine idea.

A mother asking her twin children about school:
"John, what did you learn in school today?"
"I learned that the Ark was made of Gopher wood and that God made it rain for over a month straight."
"Very good. Tom, what did you learn?"
"I learned about oxygenic prokaryotes and photosynthesis in the open oceans."
"Well, that's very good, too! Now who wants an ice cream bar?"

Level 9

Everett, WA

#90992 May 28, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Kids are able to pray in school. It is a base canard to imply otherwise.

And dropping to your knees in a public place is not proper praying according to Jesus. Read your Bible.

Don't be a liar for Jesus.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#90993 May 28, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
What is going to happen next? Are environmentalist going to start refusing to take hand out study sheets and tests in schools that are on paper for it takes to many tress from earth.
Bad analogy.

Level 5

#90994 May 28, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Now there's a fine idea.
A mother asking her twin children about school:
"John, what did you learn in school today?"
"I learned that the Ark was made of Gopher wood and that God made it rain for over a month straight."
"Very good. Tom, what did you learn?"
"I learned about oxygenic prokaryotes and photosynthesis in the open oceans."
"Well, that's very good, too! Now who wants an ice cream bar?"
Well then one would learn right and one would learn wrong huh. At least they both won't go to waste. lol

Level 5

#90995 May 28, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Kids are able to pray in school. It is a base canard to imply otherwise.
And dropping to your knees in a public place is not proper praying according to Jesus. Read your Bible.
Don't be a liar for Jesus.
I liar for Jesus? Lost me on that one

Level 5

#90996 May 28, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Religonmortis and school don't mix, you must get inoculated, immunized and grow brains.
I have a brain thank you. I don't remember rattling your chain for your opinion.

Level 5

#90997 May 28, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Bad analogy.
It could happen

Level 9

Everett, WA

#90998 May 28, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I liar for Jesus? Lost me on that one
One of the most disgusting attributes of creationists is that they very often seem to think that it is okay to lie for Jesus.

So when you say something as obviously false as "prayer has been banned in schools" when you should know that it is organized prayer that has been banned in schools that you seem to be about to Lie for Jesus.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#90999 May 28, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
It could happen
It could happen, with a badly educated, hyper sensitive environmentalist. Most people today know that the trees that make paper are a carbon sink. So using more paper is a good thing global warming wise.

Level 5

#91000 May 28, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the most disgusting attributes of creationists is that they very often seem to think that it is okay to lie for Jesus.
So when you say something as obviously false as "prayer has been banned in schools" when you should know that it is organized prayer that has been banned in schools that you seem to be about to Lie for Jesus.
Oh so you are a knit picker that if I say the sky is blue you would call me a liar and say it is light blue? That is fine. You have shown you take out of context only what suits you. lol

Level 5

#91001 May 28, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
It could happen, with a badly educated, hyper sensitive environmentalist. Most people today know that the trees that make paper are a carbon sink. So using more paper is a good thing global warming wise.
But tress take in CO2 and put out O2. So how does that contribute to global warming?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#91002 May 28, 2013
Weird, replaytime your post disappeared on me.

No, to say that prayer is banned in school when you mean organized prayer is not a nit picking mistake.

The problem with "prayer in school" was that it was organized prayer. That is at the very heart of why it was made illegal. If you can't see what was wrong with organized prayer in school then you may be hopeless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 4 min Roxie Darling 29,375
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 4 min Sun Tzu 21,383
What ?? are you thinking about NOW? 2014 6 min Peck 452
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 8 min Vector aka Victor... 1,420
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 10 min honeymylove 147,700
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 10 min Old Sam 3,745
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 14 min Old Sam 13,357
Missing posters.. (Jan '14) 1 hr David Morrison 30
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 1 hr Mister_ E 6,417
Ebola in America 2 hr Kid_Tomorrow 33