Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Level 1

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#90940 May 28, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>Also, as far as taking away tax exempt status from religious organizations, could actually be your 'downfall'.(What you do by evil, God uses for good.)
By allowing these millions of groups, who were once silenced from their political views, once again to have freedom to do get deeply involved, changing this nation back to its roots.
It is going to allow them to crush their opponents at the voting booths.
It may be a while before you pew warmers lose taxation. But you will eventually.

You want to prevent women from voting and re-establish slavery in America? How KKKristian of you.

And this madness of believing voting is moral is replusive and un-American. The majority rule is mob rule and is unAmerican.

Q: What do you call two wolves and one lamb voting on what to eat for lunch?

A: A democracy.

You are advocating a pathetic evil because you are filled with biblical nonsense.

I think we need a law making it illegal for two people of the same religion to get married.
Level 1

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#90941 May 28, 2013
However, there is that part of science that is really nothing more than "theory", the same as the "Theory of Evolution" (1837) scientist whom we all know by the name of "Charles Darwin". Darwin's Theory of Evolution was just that, a "theory".

There was/is very little scientific proof that his theory actually held any water at all except for the fact that partial truths have been manufactured into whole truths to justify Darwin’s “theory”.

Link to the article:
http://www.examiner.com/article/god-s-holy-wo...

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Level 1

Northern California

#90942 May 28, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
and teaching Evolution in public schools may soon be illegal according to the Supreme Court, since it goes against the religious beliefs of most of the people who pay the taxes for the schools.
And to give the most freedom to the most people we should end GOvernment Education and let parents decide for them selves what kind of education their children receive. Then Burger King et. al will be assured of a permanent work force.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Level 1

Northern California

#90943 May 28, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>I keep trying to steer this debate back to science,.
I understand, I got tired of the pew warmers pretending the Bible was perfect and with out error, that their beliefs were consistent and not contradictory. In other words the Pew Warming Community does not realize their schitt stinks.

The only way to show them this is to quote the god-damned bible and have people laugh at them. Of course they immediately tell us the Bible doesn't actually mean what it says, and then they appoint themselves to tell us what God really meant which is always exactly what they themselves already believe.

Apologists are the most dishonest, deceptive and deceitful people upon the whole entire earth.

There are plenty of other threads I can fight fire with fire when dealing with pew warming low IQ'd Christians.

I do wonder though which works better, showing them Science is a reliable work in progress or that their Bible fails them on every subject?

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Tempe, AZ.

#90944 May 28, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting...Let us know how it turns out.
Me thought, the fair thing to do is:
*** either teach BOTH or teach NONE***
No, the obvious thing to do is teach what is true and verified.

If you want religion in your schools have a separate religion class that is an elective choice, not mandated.

Teach truth, not myths.
Ron Paul Republican 2016

Sparks, NV

#90945 May 28, 2013
Born Again Christians promote Creation garbage all the time!

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#90946 May 28, 2013
SnakeMeister wrote:
However, there is that part of science that is really nothing more than "theory", the same as the "Theory of Evolution" (1837) scientist whom we all know by the name of "Charles Darwin". Darwin's Theory of Evolution was just that, a "theory".
There was/is very little scientific proof that his theory actually held any water at all except for the fact that partial truths have been manufactured into whole truths to justify Darwin’s “theory”.
Link to the article:
http://www.examiner.com/article/god-s-holy-wo...
An op-ed piece by a less-than-unbiased blogger:

http://www.examiner.com/evangelical-in-nation...

"Jake has been interested in biblical prophecy and how current events seem to be aiding the fulfillment of that prophecy for over two decades. The UN and the EU, our own Federal Government, state, county and local governments, and even some school districts seem to be in the clutches of Satan.(Psalm 27:1)“The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?”"
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#90947 May 28, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the obvious thing to do is teach what is true and verified.
If you want religion in your schools have a separate religion class that is an elective choice, not mandated.
Teach truth, not myths.
When we don't believe what you preach is true....

and...

you don't believe what we preach is true...

then we need either both or none taught in schools.

Fair is fair.

It would give the children a chance to make up their own mind.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#90948 May 28, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
and...
Fair is fair.
Then we can teach science (including the Theory of Evolution) in your church on Sunday?

Fair is fair.

“Lets all play DantheDipshyts”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

game.of annoyance. It's fun.

#90949 May 28, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Then we can teach science (including the Theory of Evolution) in your church on Sunday?
Fair is fair.
I totally agree 100%. You should be able to teach evolution in church. Get a class room in church and teach evolution and let anyone that "wants" to come, come to it. It will be by choice not by "have to" or "force".

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#90950 May 28, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
and...
Fair is fair.
We agree, then.
Fair is fair. No religion in public schools. Not Paganism, Christianity, Hinduism, Islam, Judaism, Buddhism, Shinto, et al.
Teach what is evidenced and real - like physics, astronomy, paleontology, anthropology, unbiased verifiable history and biology - you know, all that "weird" stuff that lodges, churches, mosques and temples don't.

“Day is Day”

Level 3

Night is Night

#90951 May 28, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree 100%. You should be able to teach evolution in church. Get a class room in church and teach evolution and let anyone that "wants" to come, come to it. It will be by choice not by "have to" or "force".
Are you kidding? That would be like putting Lions and Antelope together. Get a clue! LOL

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#90952 May 28, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
and...
Fair is fair.
Wrong, then which gets taught is dependent upon the evidence for each one.

We keep asking you for evidence. We have explained why the tragically flawed Bible cannot be used as evidence. You need scientific evidence, not nonsense. when you are debating science.

Science is not a rigged game against creation. It is a rigged game against false ideas. It is not our fault that your ideas are faulty.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#90953 May 28, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, to be fair, all members will have to come. Attendance at schools is mandatory, if you want to be fair then the members of your church's attendance would be mandatory.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#90954 May 28, 2013
briky wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you kidding? That would be like putting Lions and Antelope together. Get a clue! LOL
Now you are starting to understand.

“Lets all play DantheDipshyts”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

game.of annoyance. It's fun.

#90955 May 28, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, to be fair, all members will have to come. Attendance at schools is mandatory, if you want to be fair then the members of your church's attendance would be mandatory.
Come on Sub. I am starting to think you are not as smart as I gave you credit for. Of course all members will come to "church", it is the "class" that would be a choice to go to or not. lol

“Robert Stevens”

Level 1

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#90956 May 28, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Please, Can you describe in detail why the atheist countries "suck" as you put it?
Please stop playing stupid, you could move to any one of them. Face it they line up to come West not vice versa. Every fringe group has their alternatives set, yet they don't move there, because the alternatives suck

“Day is Day”

Level 3

Night is Night

#90957 May 28, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Now you are starting to understand.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ybICtsy5cJUXX
I was never confused like you seem to be. That is just basic common sense answer to that post

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#90958 May 28, 2013
briky wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing that prohibits the ToE (or the BB, for that matter) in the eyes of some Christian churches is the literal interpretation of Genesis and reactionary doctrine. To many, this is no longer a valid theological barrier against decades of evidence and research. As there are many parts of the Bible that are generally accepted as allegorical, the biggest obstical standing between science and the vocal faction of naysayers is stubborn prejudice and ignorance. I, for one, do not find it at all surprising that Islam and Christian fundamentalism are aligned on this topic.

“Day is Day”

Level 3

Night is Night

#90959 May 28, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Now you are starting to understand.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ybICtsy5cJUXX
You remind me of a tick or mosquito bite. It annoys you and the more you scratch it the more it annoys you but if ignored it will eventually go away and be forgotten for it really is of no use or matter when it comes down to it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 14 min Harrison Freebird 17,547
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 16 min -Lea- 25,966
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 24 min Tom2Tone 152,832
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 27 min Vector aka Victor... 30,383
Hawaii Blizzard 58 min Crystal_Clear722 3
The BIZARRE reasons why men rape in India 1 hr Yupp111 1,123
Lets Discuss Men (Dec '13) 1 hr Crazy Beautiful 285
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr Denny CranesPlace 37,770
Woman Switches Seats on Plane, Spends 3 Days in... 1 hr Newt G s Next Wife 19
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) 7 hr Hoosier Hillbilly 331
More from around the web