Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 4,300)

Showing posts 85,981 - 86,000 of111,917
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot Eric Hovind.
I forgot many probably, but Hovind Snr was there so that'll do to cover his subsequent demon-spawns.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
How is that spontaneous creation via chemical means working out for you? LOL.
Yup. One of us has a viable research program.

It ain't you.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

downhill246 wrote:
Just pointing out that the accepted notion that birds came from dinosaurs is in dispute and the word "may" sounds like the authors are doing a bit of speculating. Just saying.
Many things within evolution are in dispute. Same with gravity. Germ theory of disease. In fact ANY theory you care to mention. Scientists have differing ideas of HOW the specifics of these concepts work. This is normal for any scientific theory.

What they DON'T dispute in any way is whether or not evolution occurred. The only people who do are either reality-denying creationists and the occasional crank.
downhill246 wrote:
"Evolution is God's way of giving upgrades"
Dr Francis Collins, physician-geneticist, noted for his landmark discoveries of disease genes, and his leadership of the Human Genome Project (HGP).
Bingo, the man was an evolutionary biologist. And a theist. And certainly not a reality-denying YEC.

The theory of evolution makes no theological claims. Just like any other scientific theory.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Heck you could do the same with atheists and their population numbers are much less than Christians so "too many" is a relative figure, is it not?
It sure is.

Except each and every single one of those I named I can quite easily demonstrate their dishonesty. Which last I heard was supposed to be against one of their (apparently unimportant) Ten Commandments... or something...

However atheism is irrelevant to the validity of science, and indeed this whole topic really. If you're looking for the fantasy of the "fundamentalist atheist" I suggest you find Skippy the Skeptic. Fundies think they've found that in me and get quite frustrated that I couldn't care less about atheism.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
In valid quote.
Quotes need to be backed up with links.
Without a link we can't tell if your quote came from a valid source or some whackjob site.
That appeared to be a translated quote from Robert de Clari, about 1203. He was a participant in the Fourh Crusade.

Worth noting that he claimed that the thing stood up by itself, before the crowd, every Friday.

Also that at least some historians believe that he may have confused the story with that of St. Veronica's Handkerchief...
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
The Dude proved he has leadership qualities.
Hey man, do I look like a leader to you?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-R-j_-pi-Iek/TWQmRME...

;-p

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
"...that birds may have had an ancient common ancestor with dinosaurs, but they evolved separately on their own path, and after millions of years of separate evolution birds also gave rise to the raptors."
Common ancestor. So what's the problem?
Beats the heck out of a "museum" with a triceratops wearing a saddle.
NoReligionPlease

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey man, do I look like a leader to you?
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-R-j_-pi-Iek/TWQmRME...
;-p
The dude in that picture is gay.

“Day is Day”

Level 3

Since: May 13

Night is Night

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

We are because we are; the best answer anyone can give because no one really knows. Helll we can't even figure out how people of today completely work but yet we claim to have figured out the past for millions even billions of years and how it happened! What a Fcking Joke! We can't even explore the bottom of our own ocean but yet we are going to conquer space? What a Fcking joke! It all is a money scam. If they canít find/prove facts then they falsify studies and make shiit up to keep the funds rolling and keep their high paying cushy job. SMHATS

http://evolutionisntscience.wordpress.com/evo...

http://listverse.com/2008/04/09/top-10-scient...

http://www.neatorama.com/2006/09/19/10scienti...
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
The closest thing in modern times we have to slavery is marriage, ironically. But that is still nothing compared to what slavery back then was. Even if it was all flowers and doves like you dishonestly try to paint it, you are still justifying owning another human being as property.
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
you are still justifying owning another human being as property.
It is the same thing a boss today (employer) does when he has you (employee) sign a contract for employment where you must behave a certain way 24/7, while on the clock or off and then gives you what you need to live for doing it (money, insurance).
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

MADRONE wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Most evidence shows the Shroud to be a fraud. None shows it to be a burial cloth of Jesus.
There is no evidence that shows the Shroud a fraud.

Actually, to this day, people (SCIENTISTS) cant figure out how the figure got on the Shroud.

My idea is that it could be from a radiation type light from His resurrection.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

briky wrote:
We are because we are; the best answer anyone can give because no one really knows. Helll we can't even figure out how people of today completely work but yet we claim to have figured out the past for millions even billions of years and how it happened! What a Fcking Joke! We can't even explore the bottom of our own ocean but yet we are going to conquer space? What a Fcking joke! It all is a money scam. If they canít find/prove facts then they falsify studies and make shiit up to keep the funds rolling and keep their high paying cushy job. SMHATS
http://evolutionisntscience.wordpress.com/evo...
http://listverse.com/2008/04/09/top-10-scient...
http://www.neatorama.com/2006/09/19/10scienti...
Amen!...(but without all of the profanity)

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, to this day, people (SCIENTISTS) cant figure out how the figure got on the Shroud.
My idea is that it could be from a radiation type light from His resurrection.
I have heard that they have figured out how the image got on the shroud. In fact they knew years ago. An artist reproduced it, my source is not at hand. If I recall correctly a statue was made, wrapped in cloth, and chemically treated. I can't remember the details. So I am off on a Google search.

And there is strong evidence that the shroud is a fraud. First and foremost it is too young. A sample was carefully selected and dated. Now conspiracy nuts are trying to lie about the sample after the fact.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

NoReligionPlease wrote:
<quoted text>The dude in that picture is gay.
I can see you put a lot of time and thought into that retort.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

briky wrote:
In the meantime here's a dose of reality demonstrating that evolution IS science:

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9Q...

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

And you might want to check out this website:

http://cybercomputing.com/freeinquiry//skepti...

It has links to article after article debunking the Shroud of Turin.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, there's no evidence PERIOD. According to you that is. Evidence is irrelevant. It is completely superfluous to your position. Of course that would also render your shroud utterly meaningless.

Oh, and the Bible.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
It is the same thing a boss today (employer) does when he has you (employee) sign a contract for employment where you must behave a certain way 24/7, while on the clock or off and then gives you what you need to live for doing it (money, insurance).
No, it is not, the employer does not own me and the contract can be legally challenged. Think before you post, because you are making a total fool of yourself.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe not an intentional fraud but the carbon dating has yet to be overturned.

http://www.shroud.com/nature.htm

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 85,981 - 86,000 of111,917
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••