Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
85,961 - 85,980 of 115,227 Comments Last updated 37 min ago

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#90918 May 28, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
We can debate the Shroud forever and neither one of us can prove which "article" is true or false.
We can only give our personal beliefs.
Wrong. If one side is using garbage resources, which I assure you that you are, it can be very clear which side is right and which side is wrong.

I keep trying to steer this debate back to science, by the way who woulda thunk that you would use science in a scientific debate, is because the world of science has a way of checking itself. It is called peer review.

Creationists avoid peer review like the plague. Certain sites have developed their own "peer review" which is nothing more than a creatard circle jerk. Real peer review is a scary process even for real scientists. That is why it scares the bejeebers out of creatards.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#90919 May 28, 2013
briky wrote:
<quoted text>
So you stance is very clear and easy to figure out. You have no idea where I stand but since you don't you just "assume" and start running me down. What a great way to get people on your side to support you. SMH
Yes we do. You're a nihilist standing in sh t.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#90920 May 28, 2013
briky wrote:
<quoted text>
So I guess I can assume you are a loon as well. No matter what you believe for you act like an @ss.
Nope, that is simply you projecting your faults upon others.

You have shown yourself to be a loon in several ways. You should embrace the fact that you are a loon instead of running away from it.

“Day is Day”

Level 3

Since: May 13

Night is Night

#90921 May 28, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, that is simply you projecting your faults upon others.
You have shown yourself to be a loon in several ways. You should embrace the fact that you are a loon instead of running away from it.
What faults have I projected upon others. This should be interesting to see what you make up.
Jeffersonian

Girard, OH

#90922 May 28, 2013
This controversy is alive and well here in generally conservative southwestern Ohio.

http://www.ohio.com/news/break-news/parents-a...

“Day is Day”

Level 3

Since: May 13

Night is Night

#90923 May 28, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
http://evolutionisntscience.wordpress.com/lis...
And this is why:
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/A_Scientific_Dis...
Never mind the fact your link is itself internally inconsistent, as WELL as contradicting your subsequent linkys in the same post.
And again those are links "YOU" "The DUDE" posted. Not I. Try again.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#90924 May 28, 2013
Jeffersonian wrote:
This controversy is alive and well here in generally conservative southwestern Ohio.
Interesting...Let us know how it turns out.

Me thought, the fair thing to do is:

*** either teach BOTH or teach NONE***

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#90925 May 28, 2013
Jeffersonian wrote:
Although there is CLEARLY a "controversy" in Ohio as it pertains to the Theory of Evolution, it is NOT a SCIENTIFIC controversy, it is a POLITICAL &/or THEOLOGICAL controversy.

Amongst scientists in relevant fields (i.e.: Life or Earth Sciences), there IS NO "CONTROVERSY". Over 99.9% of said professionals in the field accept, support and USE the Theory of Evolution.

Besides, teaching Intelligent Design &/or Creationism in public schools is illegal according to Supreme Court rulings.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#90926 May 28, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Science in the science class, mythology in the literature classes, thus evolution in science, religion in literature. There, both being taught as they should be.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#90927 May 28, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Although there is CLEARLY a "controversy" in Ohio as it pertains to the Theory of Evolution, it is NOT a SCIENTIFIC controversy, it is a POLITICAL &/or THEOLOGICAL controversy.
Amongst scientists in relevant fields (i.e.: Life or Earth Sciences), there IS NO "CONTROVERSY". Over 99.9% of said professionals in the field accept, support and USE the Theory of Evolution.
Besides, teaching Intelligent Design &/or Creationism in public schools is illegal according to Supreme Court rulings.
and teaching Evolution in public schools may soon be illegal according to the Supreme Court, since it goes against the religious beliefs of most of the people who pay the taxes for the schools.
Jeffersonian

Girard, OH

#90928 May 28, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>

I have severe mixed feelings about what's going on in my community.
I and my family are practicing Christians. I understand and believe in the Jeffersonian principles regarding the separation of church & state. Because this nation is and has always been the world's melting pot, it's only common sense that we as a nation have a public education system that is religion-neutral. Yet at the same time I'm not a big fan of the ACLU and their heavy-handed bullying tactics.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#90929 May 28, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
and teaching Evolution in public schools may soon be illegal according to the Supreme Court, since it goes against the religious beliefs of most of the people who pay the taxes for the schools.
The Supreme Court of the US already ruled against creationism, end of story.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Level 1

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#90930 May 28, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
there is none good but one, that is, God:
This man had 'faith' that Jesus was God so he would be saved by faith thru grace.
This man's false god or idol was money. He worshipped his own wealth more than he loved God.
Has anyone told you about the Flying Spaghetti Monster? If you believe in him you can see him. He will grant you all your deepest wishes; all you have to do is believe he exists and you can have everything you ask for.
The little green men who live on the other side of the moon brought him here from the Holy Planet Purgatory which is in the same solar system as is the planet Kolob.
I am glad I have been the one to bring you to the truth.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Level 1

Northern California

#90931 May 28, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh you must mean where as evolutionist take out of context in their own words that it says the earth is flat. It does not say that but that is what you all read. Four corners of the earth, hmmmm maybe N, S, E, and W?
Isaiah 38:8, "Behold, I will bring again the shadow of the degrees, which is gone down in the sun dial of Ahaz, ten degrees backward. So the sun returned ten degrees, by which degrees it was gone down."

You believe we should trust a book that tells us the sun went backwards in the sky?

Luke 4:5, "And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time."

No matter how high the mountain was one can not see "all" the kingdoms of the world. Perhaps if the earth were flat this might be remotely possible.

And lastly "n" is not a corner. The earth is round and no matter how many times you insist it is flat with corners you will not change the reality of it.

I had a really stupid pew warming woman pull out a map of the world and point to the four corners of the map and say, "there are your four corners!" The Bible says the four corners of the earth not the four corners of a map.

All this shows how warming pews divorces people from reality.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#90932 May 28, 2013
Jeffersonian wrote:
<quoted text>
I have severe mixed feelings about what's going on in my community.
I and my family are practicing Christians. I understand and believe in the Jeffersonian principles regarding the separation of church & state. Because this nation is and has always been the world's melting pot, it's only common sense that we as a nation have a public education system that is religion-neutral. Yet at the same time I'm not a big fan of the ACLU and their heavy-handed bullying tactics.
Even here?

http://www.aclufightsforchristians.com/

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Level 1

Northern California

#90933 May 28, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text> Rev 22:13
We have already established that the Bible is unreliable and can not be trusted to tell us anything.

Who or what created this God of yours. Where did it come from and how did it come into existence?

Quoting unreliable contradictory bible verses does not answer anything.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#90934 May 28, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey man, do I look like a leader to you?
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-R-j_-pi-Iek/TWQmRME...
;-p
Well sure, with about $3,000 for a hair style and a suit he might pass for a televangelist. Better make it five grand to cover the coke, hookers and bar tab.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Level 1

Northern California

#90935 May 28, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
If God is the first Cause no other creators need apply.
Do you have any scientific evidence that the universe had a natural cause? Me neither.
You are living proof that warming pews lowers your IQ.

That is a mighty big 'if' up there.

And if God does not need a creator then neither does the Universe. The Universe has always existed, certainly in a differnt form that we are familiar with today.

Do you understand what a phase transition is? Where liquid water transitions into a solid frozen mass or becomes steam which is neither a solid or a liguid? How does this take place?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Level 1

Northern California

#90936 May 28, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I would say Jesus' body was buried and Jesus' spirit went to heaven to be with God, his father, so he could forever look upon on and watch over us.
You intentionally missed the point. If Jesus is EVERYWHERE as the Bible tells us, Satan can not leave his presence because there is now where Satan could go that Jesus isn't already there, yet the Bible tells us Satan did just that.

The Bible also tells us that Adam and Eve hid from God, a being that is alledged to be everywhere. That must have been quite a trick, hiding from a being who is EVERYWHERE.

This silly stories are not the words of an all inteligent all knowing being they are nothing more than a collection of ancient Jewish Puppet Plays.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#90937 May 28, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
The Supreme Court of the US already ruled against creationism, end of story.
It's not even close to the 'end of the story'.

Within the race...It's just a single hurdle you guys have made, but your next jump may be a fall.

You don't realize the more we are stiffled, the harder we push back.

Also, as far as taking away tax exempt status from religious organizations, could actually be your 'downfall'.(What you do by evil, God uses for good.)

By allowing these millions of groups, who were once silenced from their political views, once again to have freedom to do get deeply involved, changing this nation back to its roots.

It is going to allow them to crush their opponents at the voting booths.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 22 min Hannah V 8,964
Make a Story / 4 Words Only (Nov '08) 22 min Cyan in CA 24,002
Words "with more than one meaning" (Sep '12) 24 min -patricia- 252
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 24 min whatimeisit 6,825
The letter R (Jun '13) 25 min -patricia- 582
call it green... 25 min Princess Hey 27
last word - first (Jun '12) 26 min Cyan in CA 6,826
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 36 min Princess Hey 145,186
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 38 min CrunchyBacon 18,598
Fergson Police Dept. 44 min A TROLL NAMED SLACK 366
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 46 min Sweet Annie 28,499
What's your tip for the day? 1 hr honeymylove 804
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••