Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 4,292)

Showing posts 85,821 - 85,840 of111,601
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I could have swore that the name of the thread was "Evolution vs. Creation" but maybe I read it wrong. lol
Yes, but creationists will sometimes try to use the Bible as evidence. This sort of thing happens all of the time when the many flaws in the Bible are pointed out to them.

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I could have swore that the name of the thread was "Evolution vs. Creation" but maybe I read it wrong. lol
I could have sworn that you were banned once for threatening violence on others. Yes I was right, you were.

It is as you state, but that doesn't mean it is open for proselytizing when other forums are available for that. It does mean that we are to be discussing arguments and not wading through long tired explanations of wanna be martyrs.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the Pope Didn't Just Say All Atheists Go to Heaven
Instead, he was emphasizing the openness of the Catholic Church, which is perhaps even more important.
"The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us, with the Blood of Christ: all of us, not just Catholics. Everyone!'Father, the atheists?' Even the atheists. Everyone! And this Blood makes us children of God of the first class! We are created children in the likeness of God and the Blood of Christ has redeemed us all! And we all have a duty to do good. And this commandment for everyone to do good, I think, is a beautiful path towards peace. If we, each doing our own part, if we do good to others, if we meet there, doing good, and we go slowly, gently, little by little, we will make that culture of encounter: we need that so much. We must meet one another doing good.'But I don't believe, Father, I am an atheist!' But do good: we will meet one another there."
Some have reacted to this as a doctrine articulating the salvation of atheists. Having read all reported versions of Francis' homily, in both English and Italian, I do not find an explicit statement that an atheist who does that which is good, il bene in Italian, will be saved.
However, Francis does emphasize the universality of Christ's redemptive power, and it is through that redemptive power that salvation becomes possible.(which means belief in God) He is clearly open to the idea that Christ may well redeem even those who are non-believers. More fully articulated, that would open up a new wager, in which whether or not one believed, one's actions in the world would determine one's access to paradise. Even the hint of such an idea from man whose spiritual power stems from being the heir to St. Peter, holder of the keys to the Kingdom of Heaven, is striking. Still, that God might save those who neither believe nor participate in the sacraments is not a new idea. In the Catechism of the Catholic Church, one finds the statement, "God has bound salvation to the sacrament of Baptism, but he himself is not bound by his sacraments." If God wants to save someone, they will be saved.
Hey! Pay attention. I did not say "all atheists" I said atheists can go to heaven. Big difference. We just have to do good. Yes, I am sure there are some evil atheists out there. Just as there are evil Christians, Muslims, Jews, what have you out there.

Frank did not say anything about us having to believe in god, that is your lie that you are trying to insert into the discussion.

Frankly when it comes to heaven, I will go with Frank.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you just proved that in context the Bible describes a flat Earth.
The ancient Jews had a word that could be used for sphere, go the thesaurus you love and you will probably find the English translation of that word there:
http://thesaurus.com/browse/sphere
They never used that word for the Earth, though it was used in the Bible.
It makes no sense to pitch a "tent" over a sphere. It does make sense to have a "tent" over a flat circle.
That is not the only time in the Bible that it describes a flat Earth in context. There are others too. Do you think you can find them?
Wow! Sphere Synonyms: Earth, apple, ball, big blue marble, circle, globe, globule, orb, pellet, pill, planet, rondure, round. Earth and circle are both there.

And for the record you started with synonyms for the word faith.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Again I have shown you a Bible vs that states the Earth is a circle. Can you just show me one Bible vs where it says the Earth is flat?
LOL, geometry failure.

Circles are flat.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe N, S, E, and W? is what I said, so it could have been. If it is such a weak defense as you say. Then you should easily prove it wrong. You have no more proof of it being wrong as I do for it being right.
So this weak reply tells me that you really don't know, but are just offering conjecture. Conjecture doesn't support much no matter how you try.

If you are claiming that they ment N, S, E, and W, it is your responsibility to defend it not mine. I have already pointed out what you would have to show in order to defend it. Since you have ignored that, I can only conclude that you can't defend it. I have no more need to prove anything than that.

Aren't you glad you stalked me to this forum. You might actually learn something here, though I doubt it.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I could have sworn that you were banned once for threatening violence on others. Yes I was right, you were.
It is as you state, but that doesn't mean it is open for proselytizing when other forums are available for that. It does mean that we are to be discussing arguments and not wading through long tired explanations of wanna be martyrs.
I could have swore that you have stalked this guy named Dan for over 3 years now because you are so obsessed with him. That is even how you coined your name, right?. And I suggest if you only want to discuss evolution, then start a new thread and call it "for evolutionist only" or something.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
It is clear you do not understand what that means. Stick around, the rational people on this thread will school you. I see SZ is schooling you even as I post this.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Again I have shown you a Bible vs that states the Earth is a circle. Can you just show me one Bible vs where it says the Earth is flat?
A circle is 2 dimensional , the ancient Hebrew had no concept of space, none at all. Even though other civilizations may have the Hebrew didn't. No one describes the Earth as a circle, knowing it is spherical. The conception of the sky was like it was hammered out in a bowl shape covering the circle of Earth. This is describing covering a plate with a salad bowl.
They thought water was above the sky too, when it rained it came through holes in the canopy.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I could have sworn that you were banned once for threatening violence on others. Yes I was right, you were.
Oh and yes Fake Dan, I don't remember who it was but when some one calls my wife a whore and my daughter a stupid biotch (somewhere along those lines) I did re-act back. I am not saying it was you, but you know exactly what I am talking about.
Name appears on post

Kingston, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

We come from apes. https://www.google.com/search ... Look at these bone structures. And look at the tail bone!! What would humans need a tail bone for, if it weren't due to some prior evolution? Even some babies today are born with tails! And that's just one thing, out of a countless wealth of information proving we evolved.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>So this weak reply tells me that you really don't know, but are just offering conjecture. Conjecture doesn't support much no matter how you try.
If you are claiming that they ment N, S, E, and W, it is your responsibility to defend it not mine. I have already pointed out what you would have to show in order to defend it. Since you have ignored that, I can only conclude that you can't defend it. I have no more need to prove anything than that.
Aren't you glad you stalked me to this forum. You might actually learn something here, though I doubt it.
You called it wrong so it is your place to prove it wrong. A I said MAYBE? Which means I don't know for sure and I am not afraid to say so. But for you to call it wrong, where is your proof?

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

L.A.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
The words the bible speaks that are believed to be speaking of dinosaurs are Tanniyn, Behemoth and Leviathan.
I wonder why dinosaur bones have NEVER been found in the same strata as humans???

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I could have swore that you have stalked this guy named Dan for over 3 years now because you are so obsessed with him. That is even how you coined your name, right?. And I suggest if you only want to discuss evolution, then start a new thread and call it "for evolutionist only" or something.
You are doing what you always do. You are making assumptions without validating them and then acting as if those assumptions were true. They are not.
I coined my name as a joke and it turned into something useful. You thought posting on Topix was something useful and it has turned into a joke.

The fact remains that you STALKED me here. You don't deal with reality very well do you.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
You called it wrong so it is your place to prove it wrong. A I said MAYBE? Which means I don't know for sure and I am not afraid to say so. But for you to call it wrong, where is your proof?
No, it is your claim so you are left to provide the evidence to support it.

If you don't know then it is just conjecture as I stated and that is it.

It is your argument. It isn't my fault you don't have the ability to defend it and it isn't my responsibility to hold your hand and do it for you.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

L.A.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Trying to turn the kids into believers that they came from their "Monkey's Uncle"?...That is what you call "Brain Cleaning???
:)))))
You probably need to keep up more with the relevant sciences, the connection has been made, and it has been proven that we descended from the great ape line

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
You should be asking "where is your evidence". A proof, if it is ever made comes from evidence. Historians will tell you that the people at that time and place thought the Earth was flat. All verses in the Bible make much more sense if they are referring to a flat Earth rather than to a spherical Earth. There are at least three times in the Bible that an event describes the Earth as flat. Can you name these?

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
A circle is 2 dimensional , the ancient Hebrew had no concept of space, none at all. Even though other civilizations may have the Hebrew didn't. No one describes the Earth as a circle, knowing it is spherical. The conception of the sky was like it was hammered out in a bowl shape covering the circle of Earth. This is describing covering a plate with a salad bowl.
They thought water was above the sky too, when it rained it came through holes in the canopy.
Wow! Sphere Synonyms: Earth, apple, ball, big blue marble, circle, globe, globule, orb, pellet, pill, planet, rondure, round.

Earth and circle are both there.

Now being the Origin of SPHERE - Middle English spere globe, celestial sphere, from Anglo-French espere, from Latin sphaera, from Greek sphaira, literally, ball; perhaps akin to Greek spairein to quiver more at spurn
First Known Use: 14th century - That was after the bibles was written.

That means the word did not exist in the biblical days.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but creationists will sometimes try to use the Bible as evidence. This sort of thing happens all of the time when the many flaws in the Bible are pointed out to them.
What you call 'many flaws' are just you mis-interpretations of scripture.

Even though we point out the correct meaning, you just get mad and start calling names instead of trying to see the Word for what it is really saying.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I have already shown you the weaknesses of your argument. It is clear that you were just pissing in the wind. There is nothing more I have to do until you show that it is direction that was being discussed and not the definition of a shape.

Of course you can continue to attack my credibility and stalk me further. That hasn't worked for you so far, so why stop now.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 85,821 - 85,840 of111,601
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

206 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
What is the meaning of life? 4 min Sublime1 7
Word Association (Jun '10) 8 min Bezeer 25,769
Chain Link Game! (Apr '12) 9 min man in a suit 6,160
Word Assassination (Nov '13) 9 min Bezeer 857
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 9 min Sublime1 8,799
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 10 min Sublime1 76,578
Add a word and drop a word 12 min Sublime1 895
How to become Unbannable 17 min tora tora tora 58
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 18 min Crazy Beautiful 140,303
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 1 hr CJ Rocker 14,105
Bizarre Angelina Jolie video emerges online 2 hr Phyllis Schlafly s Stain 2
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••