Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
85,821 - 85,840 of 112,828 Comments Last updated 11 min ago
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but creationists will sometimes try to use the Bible as evidence. This sort of thing happens all of the time when the many flaws in the Bible are pointed out to them.
What you call 'many flaws' are just you mis-interpretations of scripture.

Even though we point out the correct meaning, you just get mad and start calling names instead of trying to see the Word for what it is really saying.

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
You called it wrong so it is your place to prove it wrong. A I said MAYBE? Which means I don't know for sure and I am not afraid to say so. But for you to call it wrong, where is your proof?
I have already shown you the weaknesses of your argument. It is clear that you were just pissing in the wind. There is nothing more I have to do until you show that it is direction that was being discussed and not the definition of a shape.

Of course you can continue to attack my credibility and stalk me further. That hasn't worked for you so far, so why stop now.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>You are doing what you always do. You are making assumptions without validating them and then acting as if those assumptions were true. They are not.
I coined my name as a joke and it turned into something useful. You thought posting on Topix was something useful and it has turned into a joke.
The fact remains that you STALKED me here. You don't deal with reality very well do you.
Stalked you here? Prove it? I just got tired of all the NS on the "Who do you support for the U.S. Senate race?" where all you and Dawg do is belittle people and run them down. Between you and Dawg months ago 90% of the post came from you two. So I went searching for other threads.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You should be asking "where is your evidence". A proof, if it is ever made comes from evidence. Historians will tell you that the people at that time and place thought the Earth was flat. All verses in the Bible make much more sense if they are referring to a flat Earth rather than to a spherical Earth. There are at least three times in the Bible that an event describes the Earth as flat. Can you name these?
Better yet how about you post the verse or verses where it says the Earth is "flat"

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Again I have shown you a Bible vs that states the Earth is a circle. Can you just show me one Bible vs where it says the Earth is flat?
It isn't so awful they got it wrong, it wasn't for a thousand years later we finally figured out you couldn't sail off the edge of the world. And the the truth being the Earth IS a sphere. It's hard to understand what the ancients thought, us being as advanced in knowing what we now know , because science rejected scripture and discovered it was wrong. The Earth isn't 6,000-10,000 years old , but science collectively with knowledge pushed back it's true age from Hutton's millions Kelvins hundreds of millions to it's true age of 4.7 billion.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I have already shown you the weaknesses of your argument. It is clear that you were just pissing in the wind. There is nothing more I have to do until you show that it is direction that was being discussed and not the definition of a shape.
Of course you can continue to attack my credibility and stalk me further. That hasn't worked for you so far, so why stop now.
At least I have the guts to try to give an answer instead of just sitting on my butt saying you are wrong as you do.

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! Sphere Synonyms: Earth, apple, ball, big blue marble, circle, globe, globule, orb, pellet, pill, planet, rondure, round.
Earth and circle are both there.
Now being the Origin of SPHERE - Middle English spere globe, celestial sphere, from Anglo-French espere, from Latin sphaera, from Greek sphaira, literally, ball; perhaps akin to Greek spairein to quiver — more at spurn
First Known Use: 14th century - That was after the bibles was written.
That means the word did not exist in the biblical days.
Neither did the concept the Earth was one.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I have already shown you the weaknesses of your argument. It is clear that you were just pissing in the wind. There is nothing more I have to do until you show that it is direction that was being discussed and not the definition of a shape.
What was it you told me when I asked about your badges,,, oh yeah that's right, you told me you have to be a good guy, be in good with the moderators and not be a dickkhead as you called me. LMAO

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Here are just a few of the many other passages that prove Bible writers were ignorant of Earth's spherical shape:
Daniel 4:7-8, "I saw a tree of great height at the center of the world. It was large and strong, with its top touching the heavens, and it could be seen from the ends of the earth." This was allegedly an inspired dream, yet it conveys a flat-earth concept, because no matter how tall a tree would be, people on the other side of a spherical earth could not see it.

http://etb-cosmology.blogspot.com/2012/04/anc...

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Matthew 4:8, "The devil took him (Jesus) to a very high mountain and displayed before him all the kingdoms of the world in their magnificence...." The only plausible reason for the "very high mountain" was that the altitude would make it possible to see to the ends of the earth. Only on a flat earth would this be remotely possible, so the New Testament writers were as ignorant as the Old.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> It isn't so awful they got it wrong, it wasn't for a thousand years later we finally figured out you couldn't sail off the edge of the world. And the the truth being the Earth IS a sphere. It's hard to understand what the ancients thought, us being as advanced in knowing what we now know , because science rejected scripture and discovered it was wrong. The Earth isn't 6,000-10,000 years old , but science collectively with knowledge pushed back it's true age from Hutton's millions Kelvins hundreds of millions to it's true age of 4.7 billion.
I will agree they were simple people. they did not have a vast vocabulary with complex words. They did not understand 2,3,4 ect dimensional.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
What you call 'many flaws' are just you mis-interpretations of scripture.
Even though we point out the correct meaning, you just get mad and start calling names instead of trying to see the Word for what it is really saying.
Nope, they are flaw. Adam and Eve never happened. The same can be said for Noah's Ark, the Tower of Babel, and all of Genesis. Exodus has been shown by archaeologists to be a fable too.

And don't forget the countless contradictions and the failed prophecies too.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You should be asking "where is your evidence". A proof, if it is ever made comes from evidence. Historians will tell you that the people at that time and place thought the Earth was flat. All verses in the Bible make much more sense if they are referring to a flat Earth rather than to a spherical Earth. There are at least three times in the Bible that an event describes the Earth as flat. Can you name these?
Sub it has been good talking with you the past couple days. We have had a good and peaceful discussion/debate/talk with no name calling/rundowns/belittling until Dan comes in. Lets do it again another time. Have a good one. He just gets on my nerves because he is fake in acting, fake in his name and talks with a forked tongue depending what thread his is on.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Better yet how about you post the verse or verses where it says the Earth is "flat"
You already did. The verse from Isaiah describes a Flat Earth.

You are the one who claims it says the Earth is spherical, where is a verse that says that?

You have also not found any of the at the very least three times that I know of describe the Earth as flat via geometry.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Oh and don't get me wrong, replaytime is not my real name so yes it is a fake, but one I came up with on my own. Not a fake one with someone's name to stalk and harass them.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Arrgh! Well Aura Mytha posted two of the times that the Earth is described as flat via geometry.

There is a third one.

And I must run for now. Get this all sorted out so we can get back to evolution by the time I am done.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Who do you think created God?
Priests.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm, no. I am not even sure if Ponce de Leon was actually looking for the fountain of youth or not, the point is that even if he was that was not a scientific process that he was going through.
First off, almost everybody believes there was a "abiogenesis event". Even the most die hard fundamental Christian believes that. It is the belief of scientists that it was a natural and not magical event.
If God created the first life form than that would be life from life,correct? In other words that wouldn't be abiogenesis. Abiogenesis is spontaneous generation of life from chemical means.

"Examining the structures of DNA, RNA and proteins , one might have to conclude that life could never, in fact, have originated by chemical means."
Leslie E. Orgel,“The Origin of Life on Earth”, Scientific American, Vol 271, October 1994, p. 78

"The belief that life on earth arose spontaneously from non-living matter, is simply a matter of faith in strict reductionism and is based entirely on ideology."
Nuclear physicist and bioinformatician Dr. Hubert P. Yockey

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
Here are just a few of the many other passages that prove Bible writers were ignorant of Earth's spherical shape:
Daniel 4:7-8, "I saw a tree of great height at the center of the world. It was large and strong, with its top touching the heavens, and it could be seen from the ends of the earth." This was allegedly an inspired dream, yet it conveys a flat-earth concept, because no matter how tall a tree would be, people on the other side of a spherical earth could not see it.
Before I go this could also mean the came to the Oceans, to them that would be the end of the Earth for nothing is in front of them but water. You must realize they were not all over Earth but yet only in a small part of it. And again I am just trying to answer instead of just setting saying you are wrong.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
Matthew 4:8, "The devil took him (Jesus) to a very high mountain and displayed before him all the kingdoms of the world in their magnificence...." The only plausible reason for the "very high mountain" was that the altitude would make it possible to see to the ends of the earth. Only on a flat earth would this be remotely possible, so the New Testament writers were as ignorant as the Old.
And again I am just trying to answer instead of just setting saying you are wrong. If I took you to the top of Mt. Everest I would say to you, look out over the beautiful world that God has created. As many have set when the are on the mountain that they can see all of Gods beauty that he created for the feel on top of the world.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

246 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 8 min -Lea- 14,952
*The No Nookie Club* (Dec '13) 14 min honeymylove 16
How do you like your coffee? (May '08) 16 min Portland Pizza Roll 21
one word only (Jun '08) 17 min Roxie Darling 55,170
Do you give money to beggars? (Dec '13) 18 min honeymylove 31
Missing posters.. (Jan '14) 21 min Court Clerk 15
Christmas Nookie! (Dec '13) 33 min honeymylove 230
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 36 min dirty white boy- 13,024
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 38 min its me daisy 141,283