Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
85,701 - 85,720 of 114,489 Comments Last updated 22 min ago

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not in the Constitution, Bill of Rights or Declaration of Independence.
The phrase was used in a personal letter from Thomas Jefferson to the Danbury Baptist Church, related to Government's over reach suppressing the freedom of religion.
http://www.loc.gov/loc/lcib/9806/danpre.html
A snippet here, a misrepresentation there...typical.

Everyone should know what the first amendment says, its intent and why it was adopted - and it does not give YOUR ilk access to OUR children with OUR tax dollars. No matter how many times you shamelessly lie that a theory is a religion, it is still not true.
Danbury was a case where one denomination was trying to use government to rule over another. Big surprise, huh?
Mind your 9th commandment.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
What torches and pitchforks? lol!
Why should we have our children force feed your "monkey religion" in OUR tax paid public schools?
Maybe we should push for a flagpole time for your worship time too and take evo out of the classrooms.
It is amply demonstrated throughout society that it is the religious folk who storm at the atheists, agnostics and people of other faiths as the monsters in the castle. How many atheists are in elected positions? How many of faiths other than Christian and Jewish faiths?

"flagpole time?" my "worship time?" What on Earth are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "monkey religion." Put down the pitchfork and go home.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
A snippet here, a misrepresentation there...typical.
Everyone should know what the first amendment says, its intent and why it was adopted - and it does not give YOUR ilk access to OUR children with OUR tax dollars. No matter how many times you shamelessly lie that a theory is a religion, it is still not true.
Danbury was a case where one denomination was trying to use government to rule over another. Big surprise, huh?
Mind your 9th commandment.
What faith did most of the people who wrote our laws profess? Faith in the God of the Bible.

Where did they profess it? Everywhere, work, home, leisure.

Where did they pray? In every public government building built in America.

When did they pray? Every chance they got.

Why did they pray? Because they know their is a divine being, God.

Did their faith ruin this country or did it 'bless' this country? It blessed it.

Are we blessed now? NO...we are losing everything we had as a Christian nation.

We have lost our wealth, respect, honesty, trust, decency, and love for one another.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such thing as the "monkey religion."
Riiiiiiight.

......and your god is Charles Darwin who wrote his 'own' bible for you blind nuts to follow.
Sillyness

Edmonton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

The church hides your secretes.... It's been hiding its truth for centuries. Foolish sheep wandering and crying out for salvation. The basis of taking a pill to cover the problem. God is not the bible(s), god is not a story, god is not hiding out behind beautifully crafted buildings.... God as his name may be YHWY lives in us. And all around us. He is in everything we see and touch and smell. Carbon cuts of his image we are all god but none are truly god.

God and creation are of the same... Star dust beings we evolve, live, die and return.

The universe itself lives in every tiny cell of our bodies.

Our conscience is god speaking. Faith is a gift. And only those who choose to accept this gift will ever know God.

We are not 'lost' because you can't ever lose God. As long as there exist your carbon selves, god is there.

And when you shed the flesh you are pure energy. The highest form of self. Gods love, gods gift, gods creation.

The church hides your secrets, the bible(s) tells false tales of Grimm. And the governments support it's secrecy as they are intwined.

Science and religious belief are intwined aswell. And as we evolve science chips away at the long tell tale 2000 year old story. Science isn't destroying that of gods existence. Science is helping to prove of its greater power.

This power, this love, this incredible journey of existence is with held from us by the church and governments.

Through science we can by pass them and live for ourselves. Our true selves.

Faith is a gift...

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>"Behemoth" refers to the Messiah and "leviathan" is Satan. I've never heard of Tanniyn, where is that in the scriptures?
Research your bible more.

Behemoth has the following attributes according to Job 40:15-24

•It “eats grass like an ox.”
•It “moves his tail like a cedar.”
•Its “bones are like beams of bronze, His ribs like bars of iron.”
•“He is the first of the ways of God.”
•“He lies under the lotus trees,In a covert of reeds and marsh.”

Leviathan has the following attributes according to Job chapter 41, Psalm 104:25,26 and Isaiah 27:1. This is only a partial listing—just enough to make the point.

•“No one is so fierce that he would dare stir him up.”
•“Who can open the doors of his face, with his terrible teeth all around?”
•“His rows of scales are his pride, shut up tightly as with a seal; one is so near another that no air can come between them; they are joined one to another, they stick together and cannot be parted.”
•“Though the sword reaches him, it cannot avail; nor does spear, dart, or javelin. He regards iron as straw, and bronze as rotten wood. The arrow cannot make him flee; slingstones become like stubble to him. Darts are regarded as straw; he laughs at the threat of javelins.”
•“On earth there is nothing like him, which is made without fear.”
•Leviathan “played” in the “great and wide sea”(a paraphrase of Psalm 104 verses 25 and 26—get the exact sense by reading them yourself).
•Leviathan is a “reptile [a] that is in the sea.”(Isaiah 27:1)
[a] Note: The word translated “reptile” here is the Hebrew word tanniyn. This shows that “Leviathan” was also a “tanniyn”

http://clarifyingchristianity.com/dinos.shtml
Revelations

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
What faith did most of the people who wrote our laws profess? Faith in the God of the Bible.
Did their faith ruin this country or did it 'bless' this country? It blessed it.
We have lost our wealth, respect, honesty, trust, decency, and love for one another.
Good Post!

Revelations speaks about the church and their failures in the way of Christian values. Some feel safe in the church and they will be in for a great shock.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is far more to history and social dynamics that got us where we are now than your church centered OCD is willing to face. I don't know your personal financial standing, but I've not seen that you or your revisionist compadres display a great abundance of respect, honesty, trust, decency and love for one another or anyone else. Face your own demon. The religious right has been more actively divisive than any other component of the country.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
How many Christians have you known before their salvation and then after their salvation?
How many can you name that their behavior suddenly, drastictly, and uncharacteristicly changed from a 'hard partier' who quit partying suddenly or a 'violent or rude person' who then changed completely to nice and calm or who was 'a player' then quit chasing girls or all of the sudden wanted to read the Bible and go to church and quit all bad habits all together???
Do you know of any?
How would you explain how a person would suddenly want to quit being bad and be super conscience of making sure that he was trying his best to do good....along with talking about what God had done to him and for him, how God "SUDDENLY" changed him?
How do you explain that this happens to people every single day in every nation of the world?
This, my friend, has absolutely NOTHING to do with science.
It was pretty clear where we would meet. Yep, Frank and I agree about that. Since most atheists are very good people, if there is a heaven most will go there. It is the Christians that he has to worry about.

And the letter that TJ wrote was about the consequences of the constitution he wrote. It was not law, it only told the meaning of the ultimate law for our country.

Why would you want to do illegal and immoral things anyway?

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Riiiiiiight.
......and your god is Charles Darwin who wrote his 'own' bible for you blind nuts to follow.
Wrong.

Quit trying to be insulting. Many of us have outgrown the need for irrational thinking.

Evolution is not a religion. In fact you can be any religion and believe the theory of evolution. Evolution is simply a fact of science, just as gravity is a simple fact of science.

Most of the time people's religious beliefs do not bother me at all. When they start to believe in crazy things and want to force those beliefs upon others that is when I object.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Teachers were forcing children that were not Christians to participate in Christian prayers. If you cannot see that that is wrong then you are a hopeless idiot.
I agree here. When they force people to participate in Christianity, it loses all it's meaning. For the Lord does not want to be forced on anyone, that's why he gave us freewill to choose for ourselves.

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
are you talking about when the Constitution was written about our great christian values and love for fellow man....

back when it was legal to own another man as long as he was black
when you could do anything you wanted to a slave, rape the women and young girls, heck probably boys too
when you could whip them to death and not be held accountable
when for the purposes of representation in Congress, slaves counted as 3/5 ths of a human even though they didn't vote
when only white male land owners could vote
when their was a bounty paid for Indian scalps, remember Indians didn't start that we white Christians did

or are you talking about now, when
43 million Americans can not afford health care
where millions of American children are malnourished
we have the highest infant mortality rate industrialized nations in the world
we have the highest death rate due to starvation in the industrialized nations in the world
then we have the GOP and teabaggers who want to cut programs that provide meals for school children
food for the poor and elderly

just want to clear what christian values we lost

Level 1

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
Quit trying to be insulting. Many of us have outgrown the need for irrational thinking.
Evolution is not a religion. In fact you can be any religion and believe the theory of evolution. Evolution is simply a fact of science, just as gravity is a simple fact of science.
Most of the time people's religious beliefs do not bother me at all. When they start to believe in crazy things and want to force those beliefs upon others that is when I object.
but gravity is only a theory, that's why its called the theory of gravity. it hasn't been proven yet

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree here. When they force people to participate in Christianity, it loses all it's meaning. For the Lord does not want to be forced on anyone, that's why he gave us freewill to choose for ourselves.
I know of Christian sects that were anti-prayer in school. That is because there interpretation of the Bible was different enough from the interpretations of other Christians that they did not want them leading prayers for their children.

It is not just the "ungodly" that are against school prayer.

And besides, prayer in school is not prohibited or banned. That would be impossible. How are you going to stop a child from throwing an actual "Hail Mary" up before a test? What is banned is organized prayer. In other words some Christians got made because forced prayer, which is not really prayer at all, it is indoctrination, was banned from school.

And that sort of prayer is not even approved of in the Bible. How big of a hypocrite is imagine?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
What torches and pitchforks? lol!
Why should we have our children force feed your "monkey religion" in OUR tax paid public schools?
Maybe we should push for a flagpole time for your worship time too and take evo out of the classrooms.
Because it's science.

And, unlike religion, it works.

Know anybody had smallpox?

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Karma, you need to brush up on your history a bit. It was slave owners that wanted black people to count as human beings in their states and anti-slavery people who did not want them to count at all. The 3/5 number was a compromise.

And what the northern states actually were advocating, even at the time of writing of the constitution was no slavery at all. They thought if a person was not free he should not count as a person. That would have limited the strength of the South. Southerners wanted as much political power as possible, so even though slaves were "owned" and could not vote they still wanted to reap the power of having a higher population in their states.

I wish civil rights people would get this simple fact of history correct and drop it.

Level 1

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
Karma, you need to brush up on your history a bit. It was slave owners that wanted black people to count as human beings in their states and anti-slavery people who did not want them to count at all. The 3/5 number was a compromise.
And what the northern states actually were advocating, even at the time of writing of the constitution was no slavery at all. They thought if a person was not free he should not count as a person. That would have limited the strength of the South. Southerners wanted as much political power as possible, so even though slaves were "owned" and could not vote they still wanted to reap the power of having a higher population in their states.
I wish civil rights people would get this simple fact of history correct and drop it.
Dude, the 3/5 of a person for every slave was BS....my point being that the poster I was responding to was wax nostalgia for the days when we had christianity in our society...
I was just pointing out the finer points of back then

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, the 3/5 of a person for every slave was BS....my point being that the poster I was responding to was wax nostalgia for the days when we had christianity in our society...
I was just pointing out the finer points of back then
I know that, but it was in actuality a good thing as far as civil rights goes, not a bad thing. I was nit picking a bit there, but the 3/5 of a person for slaves is a claim that is very often misused and is one of my pet peeves.

I will let it go since we do agree with each other.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Riiiiiiight.
Firstly, it is rude to group random people together and collectively insult them. I for one do not find this acceptable.

Charles Darwin was a scientist. I, as you refer to as one of the "blind nuts", have never considered him a God, nor would I for any reason.
What someone believes in, who someone prays to, and for whatever reason he or she practices this is their own business. If a person wants to pray, they may do so to any extent they wish, but should do it in privacy. They should not force this practice on someone who may not share their beliefs. There is nothing as insufferable as a person trying to sell a religion. How a person can assume he is a better person because of his beliefs, and has the arrogance to push his belief unto me? I already believe in God, thank you, but in my own way, and for my own reasons. I do not respect someone trying to convince me otherwise. I also whole-heartedly believe in evolution, and the theory of boom. Does this make you better than I as you so clearly think?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Level 1

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said in another part of the post " It all boils down to what a person wants to believe and if you believe it strong enough nothing will change your mind except 100% pure factual proof which no one will ever have. And if that proof was to ever happen there would still be doubt, criticizing and arguments from both sides for it would go against everything they believed in to start with.
Proof lacks on both sides. That why they argue all the time.
You can keep repeating yourself until hell freezes over it won't change the fact that there is ample evidence, more than is needed to show everyone that the Bible is not the word of some invisible superiour being God. And no one has produced a shred of evidence that such a being as the pew warmers alledge actually exists. Humanity is retarded as long as it accepts deeply held beliefs over evidence.

JESUS Matt. 26:11 For ye have the poor always with you; but me ye have not always.
vs
JESUS Matt. 28:20 ...: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Do we have Jesus with us always?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••