Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
85,681 - 85,700 of 114,439 Comments Last updated 28 min ago
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>No, it's because it violates the separation of church and state. Why in the world would the archaic relics of your religion make me "feel guilty?"
Also, children are brainwashed into belief, not the other way around. How many children do you think would become religious if they were never indoctrinated into it at a young age?
Please show me where the words "separation of church and state" are mentioned in the Constitution, Bill of Rights or Declaration of Independence.

I know plenty of children that will burn in hell because of your indoctrination of your monkey religion.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Please show me where the words "separation of church and state" are mentioned in the Constitution, Bill of Rights or Declaration of Independence.
I know plenty of children that will burn in hell because of your indoctrination of your monkey religion.
Nope, wrong. Even if you are an atheist you can go to heaven. The top Christian said so.

Now we know that you are not all that smart, The term "separation of church and state" appeared in a letter, not in the constitution. Of course the letter writer was one of the main authors of the constitution and he was explaining how the amendments to the constitution built such a wall.

Didn't you learn anything in homeschool?
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I bet that "begging for forgiveness" fantasy really gets you off, doesn't it?
But ok, let's just ignore the constitution and inject your particular conception of god into every facet of american life. Why not? It's only a blatant violation of one of the central tenets upon which this country rests. No big deal.
There is a long silence in heaven when the damned are judged, for this is the last sadness endured. No one wants anyone to perish and there is a time set aside for grieving for the lost souls who are sent to hell.

Rev. 8:1
Now when the Lamb opened the seventh seal there was silence in heaven for about half an hour.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, wrong. Even if you are an atheist you can go to heaven. The top Christian said so.
Now we know that you are not all that smart, The term "separation of church and state" appeared in a letter, not in the constitution. Of course the letter writer was one of the main authors of the constitution and he was explaining how the amendments to the constitution built such a wall.
Didn't you learn anything in homeschool?
Atheist can go to heaven IF they repent and have true faith in Jesus, The Son of God, as their personal savior.

The term serparation of church and state was written by Thomas Jefferson in a letter to the Baptist Church referring to keeping the GOVERNMENT from pushing their will over religion, NOT the other way around as it has been twisted by ungodly people to falsely mean.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a long silence in heaven when the damned are judged, for this is the last sadness endured. No one wants anyone to perish and there is a time set aside for grieving for the lost souls who are sent to hell.
Rev. 8:1
Now when the Lamb opened the seventh seal there was silence in heaven for about half an hour.
True..NOT even GOD wants to know THAT one of his children had strayed from his teachings... AND did bad things...Can you imagine HOW heavy his heart will be???

BREAKTIME!!!

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheist can go to heaven IF they repent and have true faith in Jesus, The Son of God, as their personal savior.
The term serparation of church and state was written by Thomas Jefferson in a letter to the Baptist Church referring to keeping the GOVERNMENT from pushing their will over religion, NOT the other way around as it has been twisted by ungodly people to falsely mean.
Nope, they don't have to do any of that. Again your top Christian said so.

And you are right about TJ. And his letter meant that we could not have organized prayers in school. Or is that logic too hard for you to grasp.

"Ungodly" people did not twist anything. Teachers were forcing children that were not Christians to participate in Christian prayers. If you cannot see that that is wrong then you are a hopeless idiot.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
The words the bible speaks that are believed to be speaking of dinosaurs are Tanniyn, Behemoth and Leviathan.
"Behemoth" refers to the Messiah and "leviathan" is Satan. I've never heard of Tanniyn, where is that in the scriptures?
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You interpret exactly what you want from scripture.
So that it says anything you want.
The Nephilim are the mythological sons of the angels who corrupted men teaching them sinful ways , the art or war and how to make weapons. They took human women as wives and their children were giants.
http://www.sacred-texts.com/bib/boe/boe012.ht...
What the scripture means is that the wicked intermarried with the righteous and as a result, all of humanity was corrupted. The wicked rule over the righteous. There is no such thing as a son of an angel and if there were, they couldn't procreate. You're reading more into the story than what was intended.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>What the scripture means is that the wicked intermarried with the righteous and as a result, all of humanity was corrupted. The wicked rule over the righteous. There is no such thing as a son of an angel and if there were, they couldn't procreate. You're reading more into the story than what was intended.
Sorry susan, it's in the bible. Though most of you would like to explain it away saying it means something else.
The book of Enoch is in the bible also, just not your bible.
Enoch explains it fully, but is not in your version of the bible.
You have to understand all the books of the bible aren't in it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_canon

“Robert Stevens”

Level 1

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry for you, but I CAN prove all of that.
If you can give me scientific proof that what I said is not true, I will convert to your religion.
Took me a couple years researching the literature of the different scientific disciplines to arrive at the conclusions you are talking about.
Your only option is to believe it and give up your religion, or deny the facts and go on being ignorant and wasting your life on a non-existent Godů.which you ARE doing right now.
The list I wrote stands and has the requisite scientific evidence behind it.
I guess it did not really come up, but I am a Pagan. I consider Atheism not only closer to a religion, but as you PRACTICE it, to be an actual religion. In my opinion Atheist does have a wider range than just one word should cover. Same is true for Pagan, on surveys we are non-religious.

In regards to changing societies. I think all is fine in America. I would argue the government needs evolution. Moving to an atheist country is an option you have. In my opinion those countries suck, and you should consider that prior to continuing your crusade.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>"Behemoth" refers to the Messiah and "leviathan" is Satan. I've never heard of Tanniyn, where is that in the scriptures?
Isaiah 27:1.
Can you not use Google?

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
where it says the church and state shall never be one. that would mean they are separate...
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, they don't have to do any of that. Again your top Christian said so.
And you are right about TJ. And his letter meant that we could not have organized prayers in school. Or is that logic too hard for you to grasp.
"Ungodly" people did not twist anything. Teachers were forcing children that were not Christians to participate in Christian prayers. If you cannot see that that is wrong then you are a hopeless idiot.
The Pope was talking about being good would bring people together in peace and said 'even atheist's could do good' and the Pope said "he could meet them there"...in a place of peace.

"TJ"'s letter was just that...only a personal letter...it was NOT a written law.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You won't find it in a thesaurus. You have to be realistic there are two many religious people in the world for that to happen. But let's compare definitions:
Noun 1. gullibility - tendency to believe too readily and therefore to be easily deceived
credulousness
naiveness, naivete, naivety - lack of sophistication or worldliness
Now let's look at faith:
Noun
Complete trust or confidence in someone or something.
Strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.
Look at faith's definition, especially number two. You will not find any real difference between the two.
How many Christians have you known before their salvation and then after their salvation?

How many can you name that their behavior suddenly, drastictly, and uncharacteristicly changed from a 'hard partier' who quit partying suddenly or a 'violent or rude person' who then changed completely to nice and calm or who was 'a player' then quit chasing girls or all of the sudden wanted to read the Bible and go to church and quit all bad habits all together???

Do you know of any?

How would you explain how a person would suddenly want to quit being bad and be super conscience of making sure that he was trying his best to do good....along with talking about what God had done to him and for him, how God "SUDDENLY" changed him?

How do you explain that this happens to people every single day in every nation of the world?

This, my friend, has absolutely NOTHING to do with science.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Pope was talking about being good would bring people together in peace and said 'even atheist's could do good' and the Pope said "he could meet them there"...in a place of peace.
"TJ"'s letter was just that...only a personal letter...it was NOT a written law.
funny having the church with the bloodiest track record on the planet talking of a 'place of peace'...

not sure they would know it if they saw it.

of course atheists can do good, they have been all along. one does not need a religious cult to be a good person...
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>where it says the church and state shall never be one. that would mean they are separate...
It's not in the Constitution, Bill of Rights or Declaration of Independence.

The phrase was used in a personal letter from Thomas Jefferson to the Danbury Baptist Church, related to Government's over reach suppressing the freedom of religion.
http://www.loc.gov/loc/lcib/9806/danpre.html
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>funny having the church with the bloodiest track record on the planet talking of a 'place of peace'...
not sure they would know it if they saw it.
of course atheists can do good, they have been all along. one does not need a religious cult to be a good person...
What would you describe as good?

Have you ever lied, stolen, lusted, been rude to your parents, claimed God isn't real?

Well then, you have sinned and without salvation from Jesus and being born again, you will perish in hell.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Moving to an atheist country is an option you have. In my opinion those countries suck, and you should consider that prior to continuing your crusade.
Please, Can you describe in detail why the atheist countries "suck" as you put it?

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are mis-interpreting the Bible, possibly on purpose, to fit your own freedom of behaviors. That is very common of unbelivers. It is also very common to despise, hate, and mock God's people, because the power of God is so strong.
If you actually didn't believe in a God, then why even bother attacking us?
No, it is almost always the zealots who misinterpret the Bible and use snippets to excuse their own biases and condemn everyone else.
Who attacks you? ToE, equality of rights for minorities, other religions, prophylactics, astrophysics, homosexuals, archaeology, paleontology, geology, anthropology, "libertards," anyone who does not want religious dogma, doctrine and superstition pushed down their throats and on their children? No, it is the Bible thumpers who break out their torches and pitchforks.
You are unhinged.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it is almost always the zealots who misinterpret the Bible and use snippets to excuse their own biases and condemn everyone else.
Who attacks you? ToE, equality of rights for minorities, other religions, prophylactics, astrophysics, homosexuals, archaeology, paleontology, geology, anthropology, "libertards," anyone who does not want religious dogma, doctrine and superstition pushed down their throats and on their children? No, it is the Bible thumpers who break out their torches and pitchforks.
You are unhinged.
What torches and pitchforks? lol!

Why should we have our children force feed your "monkey religion" in OUR tax paid public schools?

Maybe we should push for a flagpole time for your worship time too and take evo out of the classrooms.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••