Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 173507 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#90603 May 26, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
What evidence do you have for your beliefs?
Belief without evidence is can be called one of two things, it is either gullibility or it is insanity. I hope you have evidence.
Belief in God is something that each person experiences individually and is hard to explain to someone who hasn't had this experience yet.

Everything in this world cannot be explained by science alone.

There are many things in evolution science that coincides with creation and that I agree with...

but...somethings are just impossible sounding.

“It is often that a ”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

person's mouth broke his nose.

#90604 May 26, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
What evidence do you have for your beliefs?
Belief without evidence is can be called one of two things, it is either gullibility or it is insanity. I hope you have evidence.
You left out the third: "Faith". I have seen things that I have asked God why(people accidently dying) and I have seen things that I believe only God can do(people recovering when everyone said they would die). I have faith and I believe. Your opinion is not wrong for it is what you believe, same as my opinion is not wrong for it is what I believe.

Level 3

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#90605 May 26, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
The US is also one of the most corrupt nations as well. The people in the US thrive on greed and material things. They will lie, cheat, steal, and even kill to get them.
Some people, yes. So what? Find me the most pious, "well behaved" nation in existence, and I will show you human suffering.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#90606 May 26, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Trying to turn the kids into believers that they came from their "Monkey's Uncle"?...That is what you call "Brain Cleaning???
:)))))
Of course. What is wrong with the truth?

Do you think the little kiddies cannot handle it?

Once again we have more than enough evidence to make our case. What evidence do you have?

Level 3

Location hidden

#90607 May 26, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
America 'used' to have peace and it was the most 'blessed' nation on earth...but that peace and blessings are going away...along with the number of God's people.
New generations of children are being raised without God, then they're going to schools and colleges who teach hatred for God and His people.
This nation 'will not' stand for long.
God will not force Himself on anyone or any nation...so when most of America wants God 'out' of sight, then guess what??? God leaves.
No, we didn't used to have peace. Are you one of those people that waxes nostalgic for the "good ol' days?" When exactly? The 40s and 50s post war boom? Sure, it was a nice time for white males, but it kinda sucked for everyone else. And I can assure you - people still suffered needlessly: killers still killed, rapists still raped, and children still died. When did this mythical peaceful period take place?

It's truly sickening that you "blame" the victim, so to speak. Children die, and it's because we aren't pious enough. Let me guess, you agree with huckabee that the newton massacre resulted from our "lack of god."

Level 9

Everett, WA

#90608 May 26, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
You left out the third: "Faith". I have seen things that I have asked God why(people accidently dying) and I have seen things that I believe only God can do(people recovering when everyone said they would die). I have faith and I believe. Your opinion is not wrong for it is what you believe, same as my opinion is not wrong for it is what I believe.
Nope, I covered it. Faith is a synonym for gullibility.

Any claim that you can make in relation to dying people will be observed by every religion.

So you are gullible and you believe. That is fine with me, but it loses a scientific debate every time.

Level 3

Location hidden

#90609 May 26, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
God has been thrown out of every section of American life...except the church house.
That isn't going to cut it.
If man thinks that he alone can handle this life without help from God, well, God will let you try....and fail..as always.
God isn't weak, He just isn't going to 'force' Himself on people that don't want Him.
These same people will be begging for His forgiveness, at some point...guaranteed.
I bet that "begging for forgiveness" fantasy really gets you off, doesn't it?

But ok, let's just ignore the constitution and inject your particular conception of god into every facet of american life. Why not? It's only a blatant violation of one of the central tenets upon which this country rests. No big deal.

Level 3

Location hidden

#90610 May 26, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
The only way you can throw God out is to not believe. As far as schools and such... With so many believing different, different religions ect ect now days,something had to be done from threats of suing to pulling kids out of schools ect ect. Now God can thrive in school or any where else just as he has ever thrived but can't be done out loud or pushed upon people that believe different. God lives in the hearts of people that believe not in a building or a certain place. If you carry God in your heart he is always with you no matter where you go.
Tornado! Take that, you stupid little unbelievers!

Level 3

Location hidden

#90611 May 26, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
The children are being brainwashed into unbelief.
The only reason unbelievers don't want God's Word, Prayers, Bibles, Crosses, or 10 commandments in public, is because it makes them feel guilty...just as it should.
No, it's because it violates the separation of church and state. Why in the world would the archaic relics of your religion make me "feel guilty?"

Also, children are brainwashed into belief, not the other way around. How many children do you think would become religious if they were never indoctrinated into it at a young age?

“It is often that a ”

Level 5

#90612 May 26, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, I covered it. Faith is a synonym for gullibility.
Any claim that you can make in relation to dying people will be observed by every religion.
So you are gullible and you believe. That is fine with me, but it loses a scientific debate every time.
You call faith a synonym of gullible for you don't have it so you add it to the list even though it really isn't there.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#90613 May 26, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
You call faith a synonym of gullible for you don't have it so you add it to the list even though it really isn't there.
I don't know what this list is of yours, but I am happy that me not being gullible is on it.

Now, of course, evolution in reality has very little to say about whether gods exist or not. All it does is to debunk fairy tales in the Bible that you should have outgrown at the same time you outgrew your belief in Santa Claus.

So back to the subject of evolution verse creation, what evidence do you have for your beliefs? Gullibility is not evidence. We have more than enough evidence to support our side. What do you have for your side?

“It is often that a ”

Level 5

#90614 May 26, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what this list is of yours, but I am happy that me not being gullible is on it.
Now, of course, evolution in reality has very little to say about whether gods exist or not. All it does is to debunk fairy tales in the Bible that you should have outgrown at the same time you outgrew your belief in Santa Claus.
So back to the subject of evolution verse creation, what evidence do you have for your beliefs? Gullibility is not evidence. We have more than enough evidence to support our side. What do you have for your side?
Show me in any Thesaurus were under gullible is has faith in the list of synonyms.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#90615 May 26, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me in any Thesaurus were under gullible is has faith in the list of synonyms.
You won't find it in a thesaurus. You have to be realistic there are two many religious people in the world for that to happen. But let's compare definitions:

Noun 1. gullibility - tendency to believe too readily and therefore to be easily deceived
credulousness
naiveness, naivete, naivety - lack of sophistication or worldliness

Now let's look at faith:

Noun
Complete trust or confidence in someone or something.
Strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.

Look at faith's definition, especially number two. You will not find any real difference between the two.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#90616 May 26, 2013
Getting tired. "two" in the last post should have been "too". How embarrassing.

“It is often that a ”

Level 5

#90617 May 26, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You won't find it in a thesaurus. You have to be realistic there are two many religious people in the world for that to happen. But let's compare definitions:
Noun 1. gullibility - tendency to believe too readily and therefore to be easily deceived
credulousness
naiveness, naivete, naivety - lack of sophistication or worldliness
Now let's look at faith:
Noun
Complete trust or confidence in someone or something.
Strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.
Look at faith's definition, especially number two. You will not find any real difference between the two.
So all in all you are saying it is not there in the list of synonyms for gullibility so you knock my faith by saying it is, make up your own theory of why it should be and when you make up little such things because someone does not believe the same as you, you wonder why some people don't believe the big things you say. I rest my case.:-)
Level 2

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#90618 May 26, 2013
Vagina creates everything. Either way you look at...
Vagina is the answer!
Level 2

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#90619 May 26, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I bet that "begging for forgiveness" fantasy really gets you off, doesn't it?
But ok, let's just ignore the constitution and inject your particular conception of god into every facet of american life. Why not? It's only a blatant violation of one of the central tenets upon which this country rests. No big deal.
Hahaha. Constitution Vs. religious belief!

Both made by man created for the purpose and intent to serve higher powers!

It's the same damn argument.

One you praise Jesus... Allah or who ever the hell...
And the other you chant out... USA USA USA!!!

And both have failed their followers miserably!

Level 3

Location hidden

#90620 May 26, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
So all in all you are saying it is not there in the list of synonyms for gullibility so you knock my faith by saying it is, make up your own theory of why it should be and when you make up little such things because someone does not believe the same as you, you wonder why some people don't believe the big things you say. I rest my case.:-)
Matlock in the house!

Level 3

Location hidden

#90621 May 26, 2013
Forgotten faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahaha. Constitution Vs. religious belief!
Both made by man created for the purpose and intent to serve higher powers!
It's the same damn argument.
One you praise Jesus... Allah or who ever the hell...
And the other you chant out... USA USA USA!!!
And both have failed their followers miserably!
What?
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#90623 May 27, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>No, it's because it violates the separation of church and state. Why in the world would the archaic relics of your religion make me "feel guilty?"
Also, children are brainwashed into belief, not the other way around. How many children do you think would become religious if they were never indoctrinated into it at a young age?
Please show me where the words "separation of church and state" are mentioned in the Constitution, Bill of Rights or Declaration of Independence.

I know plenty of children that will burn in hell because of your indoctrination of your monkey religion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
only TWO words! (Nov '08) 9 min Knock off purse s... 25,834
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 10 min Knock off purse s... 13,315
Word Association. (Nov '10) 11 min Knock off purse s... 18,058
Post "any three words" (Sep '12) 12 min Knock off purse s... 1,698
This or That (Jul '10) 13 min Knock off purse s... 8,164
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 14 min Knock off purse s... 9,386
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 15 min Denny CranesPlace 43,495
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 23 min Hoosier Hillbilly 18,654
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Crazy Jae 169,326
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 3 hr CommUnique 29,702