Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
85,621 - 85,640 of 114,463 Comments Last updated 15 min ago

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Level 1

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, you really can't prove any of this. As noted o believe in both evolution and creation. No question we do have a protector. If you'd deny this. it's just because you are in denial. Therefore the debate would be a waste of my time. Us being here, jus has too many miracles. God allowing evil and disasters is just part of Free Will. I do believe you and all others do know YOURSELF. You have a short existence debating your points listed above looks like a terrible waste of time for you
GOD CREATES EVIL:
"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things" (Isa. 45:7).
"Is it not from the mouth of the Most High that good and evil come?" (Lam. 3:38).
"...that I may repent of the evil, which I purpose to do unto them because of the evil of their doings" (Jer. 26:3).
"...all the evil which I purpose to do unto them; that they may return every man from his evil way; that I may forgive their iniquity and their sin" (Jer. 36:3).
"I gave them also statutes that were not good, and judgments whereby they should not live. And I polluted them in their own gifts...." (Ezek. 20:25-26).
"For thus saith the Lord; as I have brought all this great evil upon this people, so will I bring upon them all the good that I have promised them" (Jer. 32:42).
"...shall there be evil in a city, and the Lord hath not done it?"

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I will be happy to prove to you that your God does not exist, and I will be happy to do so, just as soon as all you biblicists are finished providing your proof that such a being does exist.
So far no one ever has offered any proof. The reason for that is simple; there isn't any.
Like I said in another part of the post " It all boils down to what a person wants to believe and if you believe it strong enough nothing will change your mind except 100% pure factual proof which no one will ever have. And if that proof was to ever happen there would still be doubt, criticizing and arguments from both sides for it would go against everything they believed in to start with.

Proof lacks on both sides. That why they argue all the time.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain why anyone should believe or accept your assertions.
When VWD Day comes, you and everybody in the world will know. There is so much, it would take volumes of books to explain it. VWD stands for Vengeance, Wrath, and Destruction. It is the first Day of the Lord.

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>When VWD Day comes, you and everybody in the world will know. There is so much, it would take volumes of books to explain it. VWD stands for Vengeance, Wrath, and Destruction. It is the first Day of the Lord.
rather ironic that the first day of Jesus the prince of peace would be called Vengeance, Wrath and Destruction, don't you think.

and I bet you scoff when Muslims call Islam the religion of peace...

personally I think both groups are two sides of the same coin, both are used to control and enslave mankind
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
First off you do not know what happens after we die. The hearsay you would like us to accept is nonsense because you just don't know. And there is no such thing as a Christian because you do not obey the Bible. You want others to obey the silly Bible while you refuse to do so yourself. Why can't you admit to this truth?
It is not that atheists have hardened their hearts it is because you are a liar who can't stay focused on the discussion at hand, and you can't prove a word you write.
You make assertion after assertion and expect everyone to come to Jesus just because you repeated what was told to you. Atheists and Anti-theists are not as stupid as are pew warmers. We need more than a warm fuzzy feeling, which is all you have to offer.
I do know what happens after we die, I have been shown a vision of what spiritual life is to come...like a "trailer preview to the next show". This is one reason I'm so set on my beliefs, there are many that haven't been so lucky and I feel it my duty now to let others know.

There is way more to this than just "warm fuzzy feelings", and while on that subject, what exactly did you do about 'those feelings' you seem to have experienced? Nothing?
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Totally. God gets you to work on time and lets children get ripped apart by a tornado. Priorities in order, he has!
The physical life is temporary and heaven or hell is permanent.

Children go to God when they die. I guarantee they are happier there without sin and evil than they ever would have been here.

Once you are old enough to understand what the Bible says and you know of God and Jesus' salvation, then reject it over and over and over and over and over....then you die, you will not go to be with God in heaven.

Children are different when they do not comprehend the consiquences of sin completely.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

McMurdo Station

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, you really can't prove any of this. As noted o believe in both evolution and creation. No question we do have a protector. If you'd deny this. it's just because you are in denial. Therefore the debate would be a waste of my time. Us being here, jus has too many miracles. God allowing evil and disasters is just part of Free Will. I do believe you and all others do know YOURSELF. You have a short existence debating your points listed above looks like a terrible waste of time for you
Sorry for you, but I CAN prove all of that.

If you can give me scientific proof that what I said is not true, I will convert to your religion.

Took me a couple years researching the literature of the different scientific disciplines to arrive at the conclusions you are talking about.

Your only option is to believe it and give up your religion, or deny the facts and go on being ignorant and wasting your life on a non-existent Godů.which you ARE doing right now.

The list I wrote stands and has the requisite scientific evidence behind it.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Totally. God gets you to work on time and lets children get ripped apart by a tornado. Priorities in order, he has!
Satan uses evil to 'kill, steal and destroy'.

God protects His people from evil (when they follow Him and obey Him).

America has thrown God out of its schools, courts, jobs, politics and now everyone wants to blame the evil that Satan does here on God???....you guys need to make up your mind, do you want God or not?

When God is not welcome, His Hedge of Protection is not welcome either, in other words...

**** God takes His protection away from rebellious nations.****

and allows satan to take over...just like what's happening all over America...a spirit of 'anti-christian' has embedded itself.
drinK the hivE

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Aren't All Interpretation' False? If So - Then Why Bother Interpreting?...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3566/335757619...

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
America has thrown God out of its schools, courts, jobs, politics and now everyone wants to blame the evil that Satan does here on God???....you guys need to make up your mind, do you want God or not?
When God is not welcome, His Hedge of Protection is not welcome either, in other words...
and allows satan to take over...just like what's happening all over America...a spirit of 'anti-christian' has embedded itself.
God was never "thrown out of schools". That is a ridiculous claim to make if you believe in God. What happened was that the illegal activity of organized prayer in schools was abolished. Nothing more.

You must have a very weak God if he can be thrown out of schools that easily.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are are one deluded mo fo.

Level 3

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
The physical life is temporary and heaven or hell is permanent.
Children go to God when they die. I guarantee they are happier there without sin and evil than they ever would have been here.
Once you are old enough to understand what the Bible says and you know of God and Jesus' salvation, then reject it over and over and over and over and over....then you die, you will not go to be with God in heaven.
Children are different when they do not comprehend the consiquences of sin completely.
See what your religion does to you? You basically just called the brutal death of children a good thing. Wow. So, are murder victims better off? Torture victims? What about you? Why don't you just end your life right now if you're so sure?

Level 3

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Worst, most absurd logic ever. The US is one of the most religious nations - by your logic, shouldn't we be completely free from disaster? What about individual religious persons? Does god offer them his "hedge of protection?" Then how do they get hurt? What about the most religious nation on earth? Do they have total peace?

Level 3

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
God was never "thrown out of schools". That is a ridiculous claim to make if you believe in God. What happened was that the illegal activity of organized prayer in schools was abolished. Nothing more.
Ahahahah. Or a stubborn, chilidish one. "You 5 year old children aren't gonna pray to me anymore? Fine. Tornado."

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
God was still in school up to the 60s
prior to that we still had
Jim Crow laws
lynchings of blacks was common
inter-racial marriage was illegal
in the early 1900's we had child labor, children working 12-15 hours a day in sweat shops
not to mention the horrors the workers of the railroad gangs endured
or the horrors suffered by coal miners
or the genocide of the American Indians

gee, all this evil while we were a strong christian nation...

one more thing, didn't most members of the KKK consider themselves good christian men...while they were lynching some poor black man

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Worst, most absurd logic ever. The US is one of the most religious nations - by your logic, shouldn't we be completely free from disaster? What about individual religious persons? Does god offer them his "hedge of protection?" Then how do they get hurt? What about the most religious nation on earth? Do they have total peace?
The US is also one of the most corrupt nations as well. The people in the US thrive on greed and material things. They will lie, cheat, steal, and even kill to get them.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
rather ironic that the first day of Jesus the prince of peace would be called Vengeance, Wrath and Destruction, don't you think.
and I bet you scoff when Muslims call Islam the religion of peace...
personally I think both groups are two sides of the same coin, both are used to control and enslave mankind
Jesus is not the Messiah or the Prince of Peace, he said himself that he came to bring a sword (war) and division. His spiritual father and his god is Satan. Jesus is Lucifer, Satans' counterfeit Messiah and he came to finish Satans' work. Both went to heaven when they died and both have been reincarnated, they have a role to play in the end times.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>What about the most religious nation on earth? Do they have total peace?
America 'used' to have peace and it was the most 'blessed' nation on earth...but that peace and blessings are going away...along with the number of God's people.

New generations of children are being raised without God, then they're going to schools and colleges who teach hatred for God and His people.

This nation 'will not' stand for long.

God will not force Himself on anyone or any nation...so when most of America wants God 'out' of sight, then guess what??? God leaves.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, no Noah's Ark. There is no evidence for it and plenty of evidence against it. For example if there was a flood there would be severe genetic bottlenecks datable to the time of the Ark in all species. That is not observed.
Please explain what you mean by "genetic bottlenecks".
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
God has been thrown out of every section of American life...except the church house.

That isn't going to cut it.

If man thinks that he alone can handle this life without help from God, well, God will let you try....and fail..as always.

God isn't weak, He just isn't going to 'force' Himself on people that don't want Him.

These same people will be begging for His forgiveness, at some point...guaranteed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••