Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 210227 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Robert Stevens”

Level 1

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#90632 May 27, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry for you, but I CAN prove all of that.
If you can give me scientific proof that what I said is not true, I will convert to your religion.
Took me a couple years researching the literature of the different scientific disciplines to arrive at the conclusions you are talking about.
Your only option is to believe it and give up your religion, or deny the facts and go on being ignorant and wasting your life on a non-existent God….which you ARE doing right now.
The list I wrote stands and has the requisite scientific evidence behind it.
I guess it did not really come up, but I am a Pagan. I consider Atheism not only closer to a religion, but as you PRACTICE it, to be an actual religion. In my opinion Atheist does have a wider range than just one word should cover. Same is true for Pagan, on surveys we are non-religious.

In regards to changing societies. I think all is fine in America. I would argue the government needs evolution. Moving to an atheist country is an option you have. In my opinion those countries suck, and you should consider that prior to continuing your crusade.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#90633 May 27, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>"Behemoth" refers to the Messiah and "leviathan" is Satan. I've never heard of Tanniyn, where is that in the scriptures?
Isaiah 27:1.
Can you not use Google?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#90634 May 27, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Please show me where the words "separation of church and state" are mentioned in the Constitution, Bill of Rights or Declaration of Independence.
I know plenty of children that will burn in hell because of your indoctrination of your monkey religion.
where it says the church and state shall never be one. that would mean they are separate...
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#90635 May 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, they don't have to do any of that. Again your top Christian said so.
And you are right about TJ. And his letter meant that we could not have organized prayers in school. Or is that logic too hard for you to grasp.
"Ungodly" people did not twist anything. Teachers were forcing children that were not Christians to participate in Christian prayers. If you cannot see that that is wrong then you are a hopeless idiot.
The Pope was talking about being good would bring people together in peace and said 'even atheist's could do good' and the Pope said "he could meet them there"...in a place of peace.

"TJ"'s letter was just that...only a personal letter...it was NOT a written law.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#90636 May 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You won't find it in a thesaurus. You have to be realistic there are two many religious people in the world for that to happen. But let's compare definitions:
Noun 1. gullibility - tendency to believe too readily and therefore to be easily deceived
credulousness
naiveness, naivete, naivety - lack of sophistication or worldliness
Now let's look at faith:
Noun
Complete trust or confidence in someone or something.
Strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.
Look at faith's definition, especially number two. You will not find any real difference between the two.
How many Christians have you known before their salvation and then after their salvation?

How many can you name that their behavior suddenly, drastictly, and uncharacteristicly changed from a 'hard partier' who quit partying suddenly or a 'violent or rude person' who then changed completely to nice and calm or who was 'a player' then quit chasing girls or all of the sudden wanted to read the Bible and go to church and quit all bad habits all together???

Do you know of any?

How would you explain how a person would suddenly want to quit being bad and be super conscience of making sure that he was trying his best to do good....along with talking about what God had done to him and for him, how God "SUDDENLY" changed him?

How do you explain that this happens to people every single day in every nation of the world?

This, my friend, has absolutely NOTHING to do with science.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#90637 May 27, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Pope was talking about being good would bring people together in peace and said 'even atheist's could do good' and the Pope said "he could meet them there"...in a place of peace.
"TJ"'s letter was just that...only a personal letter...it was NOT a written law.
funny having the church with the bloodiest track record on the planet talking of a 'place of peace'...

not sure they would know it if they saw it.

of course atheists can do good, they have been all along. one does not need a religious cult to be a good person...
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#90638 May 27, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>where it says the church and state shall never be one. that would mean they are separate...
It's not in the Constitution, Bill of Rights or Declaration of Independence.

The phrase was used in a personal letter from Thomas Jefferson to the Danbury Baptist Church, related to Government's over reach suppressing the freedom of religion.
http://www.loc.gov/loc/lcib/9806/danpre.html
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#90639 May 27, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>funny having the church with the bloodiest track record on the planet talking of a 'place of peace'...
not sure they would know it if they saw it.
of course atheists can do good, they have been all along. one does not need a religious cult to be a good person...
What would you describe as good?

Have you ever lied, stolen, lusted, been rude to your parents, claimed God isn't real?

Well then, you have sinned and without salvation from Jesus and being born again, you will perish in hell.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#90640 May 27, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Moving to an atheist country is an option you have. In my opinion those countries suck, and you should consider that prior to continuing your crusade.
Please, Can you describe in detail why the atheist countries "suck" as you put it?

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#90641 May 27, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are mis-interpreting the Bible, possibly on purpose, to fit your own freedom of behaviors. That is very common of unbelivers. It is also very common to despise, hate, and mock God's people, because the power of God is so strong.
If you actually didn't believe in a God, then why even bother attacking us?
No, it is almost always the zealots who misinterpret the Bible and use snippets to excuse their own biases and condemn everyone else.
Who attacks you? ToE, equality of rights for minorities, other religions, prophylactics, astrophysics, homosexuals, archaeology, paleontology, geology, anthropology, "libertards," anyone who does not want religious dogma, doctrine and superstition pushed down their throats and on their children? No, it is the Bible thumpers who break out their torches and pitchforks.
You are unhinged.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#90642 May 27, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it is almost always the zealots who misinterpret the Bible and use snippets to excuse their own biases and condemn everyone else.
Who attacks you? ToE, equality of rights for minorities, other religions, prophylactics, astrophysics, homosexuals, archaeology, paleontology, geology, anthropology, "libertards," anyone who does not want religious dogma, doctrine and superstition pushed down their throats and on their children? No, it is the Bible thumpers who break out their torches and pitchforks.
You are unhinged.
What torches and pitchforks? lol!

Why should we have our children force feed your "monkey religion" in OUR tax paid public schools?

Maybe we should push for a flagpole time for your worship time too and take evo out of the classrooms.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#90643 May 27, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not in the Constitution, Bill of Rights or Declaration of Independence.
The phrase was used in a personal letter from Thomas Jefferson to the Danbury Baptist Church, related to Government's over reach suppressing the freedom of religion.
http://www.loc.gov/loc/lcib/9806/danpre.html
A snippet here, a misrepresentation there...typical.

Everyone should know what the first amendment says, its intent and why it was adopted - and it does not give YOUR ilk access to OUR children with OUR tax dollars. No matter how many times you shamelessly lie that a theory is a religion, it is still not true.
Danbury was a case where one denomination was trying to use government to rule over another. Big surprise, huh?
Mind your 9th commandment.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#90644 May 27, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
What torches and pitchforks? lol!
Why should we have our children force feed your "monkey religion" in OUR tax paid public schools?
Maybe we should push for a flagpole time for your worship time too and take evo out of the classrooms.
It is amply demonstrated throughout society that it is the religious folk who storm at the atheists, agnostics and people of other faiths as the monsters in the castle. How many atheists are in elected positions? How many of faiths other than Christian and Jewish faiths?

"flagpole time?" my "worship time?" What on Earth are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "monkey religion." Put down the pitchfork and go home.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#90645 May 27, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
A snippet here, a misrepresentation there...typical.
Everyone should know what the first amendment says, its intent and why it was adopted - and it does not give YOUR ilk access to OUR children with OUR tax dollars. No matter how many times you shamelessly lie that a theory is a religion, it is still not true.
Danbury was a case where one denomination was trying to use government to rule over another. Big surprise, huh?
Mind your 9th commandment.
What faith did most of the people who wrote our laws profess? Faith in the God of the Bible.

Where did they profess it? Everywhere, work, home, leisure.

Where did they pray? In every public government building built in America.

When did they pray? Every chance they got.

Why did they pray? Because they know their is a divine being, God.

Did their faith ruin this country or did it 'bless' this country? It blessed it.

Are we blessed now? NO...we are losing everything we had as a Christian nation.

We have lost our wealth, respect, honesty, trust, decency, and love for one another.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#90646 May 27, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such thing as the "monkey religion."
Riiiiiiight.

......and your god is Charles Darwin who wrote his 'own' bible for you blind nuts to follow.
Sillyness

Canada

#90647 May 27, 2013
The church hides your secretes.... It's been hiding its truth for centuries. Foolish sheep wandering and crying out for salvation. The basis of taking a pill to cover the problem. God is not the bible(s), god is not a story, god is not hiding out behind beautifully crafted buildings.... God as his name may be YHWY lives in us. And all around us. He is in everything we see and touch and smell. Carbon cuts of his image we are all god but none are truly god.

God and creation are of the same... Star dust beings we evolve, live, die and return.

The universe itself lives in every tiny cell of our bodies.

Our conscience is god speaking. Faith is a gift. And only those who choose to accept this gift will ever know God.

We are not 'lost' because you can't ever lose God. As long as there exist your carbon selves, god is there.

And when you shed the flesh you are pure energy. The highest form of self. Gods love, gods gift, gods creation.

The church hides your secrets, the bible(s) tells false tales of Grimm. And the governments support it's secrecy as they are intwined.

Science and religious belief are intwined aswell. And as we evolve science chips away at the long tell tale 2000 year old story. Science isn't destroying that of gods existence. Science is helping to prove of its greater power.

This power, this love, this incredible journey of existence is with held from us by the church and governments.

Through science we can by pass them and live for ourselves. Our true selves.

Faith is a gift...

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#90648 May 27, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>"Behemoth" refers to the Messiah and "leviathan" is Satan. I've never heard of Tanniyn, where is that in the scriptures?
Research your bible more.

Behemoth has the following attributes according to Job 40:15-24

•It “eats grass like an ox.”
•It “moves his tail like a cedar.”
•Its “bones are like beams of bronze, His ribs like bars of iron.”
•“He is the first of the ways of God.”
•“He lies under the lotus trees,In a covert of reeds and marsh.”

Leviathan has the following attributes according to Job chapter 41, Psalm 104:25,26 and Isaiah 27:1. This is only a partial listing—just enough to make the point.

•“No one is so fierce that he would dare stir him up.”
•“Who can open the doors of his face, with his terrible teeth all around?”
•“His rows of scales are his pride, shut up tightly as with a seal; one is so near another that no air can come between them; they are joined one to another, they stick together and cannot be parted.”
•“Though the sword reaches him, it cannot avail; nor does spear, dart, or javelin. He regards iron as straw, and bronze as rotten wood. The arrow cannot make him flee; slingstones become like stubble to him. Darts are regarded as straw; he laughs at the threat of javelins.”
•“On earth there is nothing like him, which is made without fear.”
•Leviathan “played” in the “great and wide sea”(a paraphrase of Psalm 104 verses 25 and 26—get the exact sense by reading them yourself).
•Leviathan is a “reptile [a] that is in the sea.”(Isaiah 27:1)
[a] Note: The word translated “reptile” here is the Hebrew word tanniyn. This shows that “Leviathan” was also a “tanniyn”

http://clarifyingchristianity.com/dinos.shtml
Revelations

New York, NY

#90649 May 27, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
What faith did most of the people who wrote our laws profess? Faith in the God of the Bible.
Where did they profess it? Everywhere, work, home, leisure.
Where did they pray? In every public government building built in America.
When did they pray? Every chance they got.
Why did they pray? Because they know their is a divine being, God.
Did their faith ruin this country or did it 'bless' this country? It blessed it.
Are we blessed now? NO...we are losing everything we had as a Christian nation.
We have lost our wealth, respect, honesty, trust, decency, and love for one another.
Good Post!

Revelations speaks about the church and their failures in the way of Christian values. Some feel safe in the church and they will be in for a great shock.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#90650 May 27, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
What faith did most of the people who wrote our laws profess? Faith in the God of the Bible.
Where did they profess it? Everywhere, work, home, leisure.
Where did they pray? In every public government building built in America.
When did they pray? Every chance they got.
Why did they pray? Because they know their is a divine being, God.
Did their faith ruin this country or did it 'bless' this country? It blessed it.
Are we blessed now? NO...we are losing everything we had as a Christian nation.
We have lost our wealth, respect, honesty, trust, decency, and love for one another.
There is far more to history and social dynamics that got us where we are now than your church centered OCD is willing to face. I don't know your personal financial standing, but I've not seen that you or your revisionist compadres display a great abundance of respect, honesty, trust, decency and love for one another or anyone else. Face your own demon. The religious right has been more actively divisive than any other component of the country.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#90651 May 27, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
How many Christians have you known before their salvation and then after their salvation?
How many can you name that their behavior suddenly, drastictly, and uncharacteristicly changed from a 'hard partier' who quit partying suddenly or a 'violent or rude person' who then changed completely to nice and calm or who was 'a player' then quit chasing girls or all of the sudden wanted to read the Bible and go to church and quit all bad habits all together???
Do you know of any?
How would you explain how a person would suddenly want to quit being bad and be super conscience of making sure that he was trying his best to do good....along with talking about what God had done to him and for him, how God "SUDDENLY" changed him?
How do you explain that this happens to people every single day in every nation of the world?
This, my friend, has absolutely NOTHING to do with science.
It was pretty clear where we would meet. Yep, Frank and I agree about that. Since most atheists are very good people, if there is a heaven most will go there. It is the Christians that he has to worry about.

And the letter that TJ wrote was about the consequences of the constitution he wrote. It was not law, it only told the meaning of the ultimate law for our country.

Why would you want to do illegal and immoral things anyway?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 1 min Poppyann 14,561
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 min Hypocrite Hunter 61,715
Post "any three words" (Sep '12) 6 min Knock off purse s... 3,358
Post any FOUR words (Feb '16) 7 min Knock off purse s... 1,424
Only Three Word (Nov '09) 8 min Knock off purse s... 13,553
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 8 min Knock off purse s... 147,296
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 10 min Princess Hey 10,694
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 14 min TheJerseyDevil 201,285
Who doesn't have a Topix crush? (Apr '13) 3 hr Sublime1 463
News Snake dies from silicon poisoning after sinking... 4 hr Dr Wu 8
Who won the Presidential debate 2016 ? 7 hr Go Blue Forever 155
More from around the web