Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
85,581 - 85,600 of 112,852 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
HTS

Williston, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
So are you. You're not special Muggins. Your baseless religious opinions are no better than anyone else's, period. Sorry if you don't like it.
Dude, it is more than embarrassing...
It is truly laughable to watch you attempt to peddle your fairytale religion of evolution as science, while arrogantly ridiculing the beliefs of others.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
It is truly laughable to watch you attempt to peddle your fairytale religion of evolution as science, while arrogantly ridiculing the beliefs of others.
It is truly laughable to watch you constantly engage in ad-hom for the sake of your faith while constantly avoiding making coherent attempts at rational rebuttal.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Also worth noting here - I did not poke fun at his religious beliefs in that post. So your post should have quoted a different one of mine instead in order to have any validity.

Also worth noting here - you gave him a free pass while he did exactly what you accused me of.

Never let it be said that you're not a massive hypocrite.(shrug)
HTS

Williston, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Also worth noting here - I did not poke fun at his religious beliefs in that post. So your post should have quoted a different one of mine instead in order to have any validity.
Also worth noting here - you gave him a free pass while he did exactly what you accused me of.
Never let it be said that you're not a massive hypocrite.(shrug)
I accuse you of religious bigotry.
If you think I'm bigoted against atheism, then you're acknowledging what we all know... That atheism is a religion.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>Sir Isaac Newton, one of the most brilliant scientists in history, strongly believed in the authenticity of the Bible. What new scientific discoveries have been uncovered since his day that have disproven it?
Oh, a few things HTS:

Like the earth is 4 1/2 billion years old instead of 6,000.

Mankind has been around for 200,000 years.

Adam and Eve never existed.

Moses didn't write the Pentateuch....may not have even existed

There was never an Exodus from Egypt

There was never a Noachian flood.

The 'Tower of Babel' never happened
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, the pope said just yesterday that atheists can go to heaven too.
The pope is the highest Christian authority on this planet. If he says an atheist can go to heaven, that invalidates all of Christian theology. There must be other ways into heaven, and Jesus called the Jews hypocrites. Atheists can go to heaven, right now it doesn't even matter what your beliefs about God are.

Level 9

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
Conversations between fundamentalist Atheist and fundamentalist Christians online, are like having the Cleveland Browns play their opening game every year against the Detroit Lions and calling it The Super Bowl. The two parties were made for each other. The Atheist are without doubt the bigger waste. Like The Cleveland Browns there is nothing on their helmets. To claim belief in nothing then spend hours online attempting to recruit. That's a true weirdo. I do have some respect for a person that goes on a mission for their beliefs, due to attempting to save a soul as they see it.
I'm on a mission to expose the stupid beliefs of Christianity.

Much of the Bible has been proven wrong and that fact needs to get out there....and stay out there.

Christianity is going the way of Zeus, Apollo, Enlil, Helios, Jupiter, Mithhras, Osiris, and all the others that are proven wrong.

We live in an all natural world....there is no magik and there never was.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
1 Peter 5:8
Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour.
Our world is filled with con artists, liars and thieves who seek to defraud us. But the Bible warns us about the greatest deceiver of all—Satan the Devil. Are you aware of his tactics? Are you prepared to avoid his schemes, or could you fall victim to his deceptions?
But did you know that there is a thief who wants to rob you of the most valuable possession of all—your eternal life and your future as a child of God? This thief works through deceptive practices, from selfish vanity to pride to dangerous occultism, seeking to turn people away from the truth and from the way of life that will bring true happiness—God's way.
Read that carefully. Satan, the devil, deceives the whole world! That means the people of every nation. That means you and me. I have been deceived. You have been deceived. But, thankfully, God calls us out of this world's deception, through the true Jesus Christ of the Bible!
Satan has you exactly where he wants you. You are totally devoted to him and will not listen to the voice of reason. He is your god, you believe in him and cannot let go. That's OK for now but there will come a time when you have to make a decision and if you continue to cling to your idols, you won't make it. God will plead with all flesh until her imprisonment and execution. Then it will be too late, only those who call upon the name of the Lord will be saved. To do this you have to know who the Lord is.

Level 9

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Satan has you exactly where he wants you. You are totally devoted to him and will not listen to the voice of reason. He is your god, you believe in him and cannot let go. That's OK for now but there will come a time when you have to make a decision and if you continue to cling to your idols, you won't make it. God will plead with all flesh until her imprisonment and execution. Then it will be too late, only those who call upon the name of the Lord will be saved. To do this you have to know who the Lord is.
"To do this you have to know who the Lord is."

The 'Lord' is a figment of your imagination.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The pope is the highest Christian authority on this planet. If he says an atheist can go to heaven, that invalidates all of Christian theology. There must be other ways into heaven, and Jesus called the Jews hypocrites. Atheists can go to heaven, right now it doesn't even matter what your beliefs about God are.
Do whaaaaaaaaat?
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
If you go by Ussher's dating Newton's own work debunks it.
Of course the Bible debunks a lot of the Bible since so much of it is self contradictory. There are also failed prophesies. Bad geometry, worse morals and terrible science.
Your question really should have been how much of the Bible is still thought to be correct?
Only the NT is bad theology, you can make it say whatever you believe including what I believe, that it's the work of Satan. If the NT was the word of God or at least inspired by God, it would not have this characteristic. All of Christian eschatology is a myth, they have no understanding. There will be no rapture, tribulation, or millennium. The book of revelation is a delusional lie.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
The DVD is very well done and Science proves the star existed.[/QUOTE] Oh stop pouting Spamela!
HTS

Williston, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, a few things HTS:
Like the earth is 4 1/2 billion years old instead of 6,000.
Mankind has been around for 200,000 years.
Adam and Eve never existed.
Moses didn't write the Pentateuch....may not have even existed
There was never an Exodus from Egypt
There was never a Noachian flood.
The 'Tower of Babel' never happened
You parrot cheap atheist dogma and think you're making a point?
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
The 'Pope' is not my savior, never has been, never will be. He is just a man, leading the 'Catholic' church...and it seems in the wrong direction.
You can no more go to heaven by just doing good deeds. You can't 'work' your way to heaven. You must be born again in the spirit and water....and truly believe that Jesus is the Son of God who came to save us from our sins.
And you don't see the danger in that belief? Why even give the law in the first place if it's null and void? All you do is strengthen the wicked by promising them life. It's because of Christianity that there's so much sin and crime in the world. If we all kept the covenant, it would be a different world. And why didn't Jesus come 2000 years sooner and defeat Satan from the beginning? God is the first as well as the last and she's proven it. Your god is dead.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
"To do this you have to know who the Lord is."
The 'Lord' is a figment of your imagination.
The Lord is God and she is here and just waiting for the right time "The day of vengeance is in my heart and the year of my redeemed is come". VWD Day is the first day of the Lord and stands for Vengeance, Wrath, and Destruction. God will unleash her fury on a sinful world and the whole purpose of our existence will be realized.
HTS

Williston, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
It is truly laughable to watch you constantly engage in ad-hom for the sake of your faith while constantly avoiding making coherent attempts at rational rebuttal.
Typical atheist BS...robotically parroting rather than thinking for himself.

Level 9

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
How about an actual answer to what I wrote?

How about some information from you that disproves what I wrote?

I don't think....errr.umm...I KNOW you cannot disprove it

Level 9

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The Lord is God and she is here and just waiting for the right time "The day of vengeance is in my heart and the year of my redeemed is come". VWD Day is the first day of the Lord and stands for Vengeance, Wrath, and Destruction. God will unleash her fury on a sinful world and the whole purpose of our existence will be realized.
I'm sorry you have a brain sickness Susan. I hope you get some help soon.

Level 9

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm making the point that you and your religion are wacko.

“Robert Stevens”

Level 1

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm on a mission to expose the stupid beliefs of Christianity.
Much of the Bible has been proven wrong and that fact needs to get out there....and stay out there.
Christianity is going the way of Zeus, Apollo, Enlil, Helios, Jupiter, Mithhras, Osiris, and all the others that are proven wrong.
We live in an all natural world....there is no magik and there never was.
You are completely wasting your time. You can't prove anything wasn't. Some times they double talk. The alien believers work well with these legends. To be honest they are the toughest group to debate. Where atheist and Christian creationist are like losing teams, the alien crowd really have their game plans together. It is the reason the two groups, try to act like they are the only "teams" in the league.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••