Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 173361 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 1

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#90543 May 26, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. Today we have employee handbooks that should coincide with the federal labor laws. If an employee today treats employees badly, they get fined or imprisoned by the laws of the government.
Biblical times had God's Word to tell masters how to treat and pay slaves. God also warned the masters that however they treated the slaves badly, they would also be treated the same by the laws of God.
What a bunch of nonsense. Could we have chapter and verse for God warning the slave masters that they would be treated the same as they treated their slaves?

GOD: "If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property (Ex. 21:20-21, NIV)."

Thank you God for being so clear about all of this. I only wish your "simple minded" would be so honest about it.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#90544 May 26, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah blah blah, more deceptive dishonest deceitfulness. And we'll get to your preoccupation with attacking the messenger because you are too misinformed to deal with the message.
YOUR RELIGION DESEVRES TO BE BASHED!!!!
GOD SANCTIONS SLAVERY in direct contradiction to 2 Cor. 3:17, which says, "Where the spirit of the Lord is there is liberty." Key statements in this regard are the following:
•"Then thou shalt take an awl, and thrust it through his ear unto the door, and he shall be thy servant (Read slave--Ed.) forever. And also unto thy maidservant thou shalt do likewise" (Deut. 15:17).
•"Bid slaves to be submissive to their masters and to give satisfaction in every respect; they are not to be refractory, nor to pilfer, but to show entire and true fidelity, so that in everything they may adorn the doctrine of God" (Titus 2:9).
•"Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ. Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but like slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from your heart. Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men, because you know that the Lord will reward everyone for whatever good he does, whether he is slave or free" (Eph. 6:5-7).
•"Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh. For it is commendable if a man bears up under the pain of unjust suffering because he is conscious of God. But how is it to your credit if you receive a beating for doing wrong and endure it? But if you suffer for doing good and you endure it, this is commendable before God. To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps" (1 Peter 2:18-21).
•"Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to win their favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence of the Lord. Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving" (Col. 3:22-24).
•"All who are under the yoke of slavery should consider their masters worthy of full respect, so that God's name and our teaching may not be slandered. Those who have believing masters are not to show less respect for them because they are brothers. Instead, they are to serve them even better, because those who benefit from their service are believers, and dear to them. These are the things you are to teach and urge on them" (1 Tim. 6:1-2).
Spiritually Christians and all of God's people can endure most anything at the hands of other men on earth because of God's Spirit dwelling within them, giving them the complete knowledge of the heaven to come.

Unbelievers cannot understand this power...(yet)....

Level 1

Location hidden

#90545 May 26, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh-huh. The gospel of Koch as revealed to you by the good reverends Walker and Beck. Tea party idjit. No one volunteered to become eunuch slaves or have their children sold off and there is NO comparison between a standard 40 hour work week and abject servitude.
The famous Christian apologist Eusebius said that it is lawful to lie and cheat for the cause of Christ: "I have repeated whatever may rebound to the glory, and suppressed all that could tend to the disgrace of our religion" (Chp. 31, Book 12 of Prae Paratio Evangelica).

Clearly this is exactly what our resident pew warmers are doing. It certainly is what the Con-Artists at the front of Christian Churches do every Sunday; tell the few good things and suppress the overwhelming bad.

Level 1

Location hidden

#90546 May 26, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Spiritually Christians and all of God's people can endure most anything at the hands of other men on earth because of God's Spirit dwelling within them, giving them the complete knowledge of the heaven to come.
Unbelievers cannot understand this power...(yet)....
Blah blah blah....

We understand that this alledged power does not exist. No one has ever demonstrated that it exists, but please by all means, demonstrate that your assertions are true.

BibleGod: Mark 16:17-18, "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; they shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them: they shall lays hands on the sick, and they shall recover."

Please drink a quart of Draino and then play with some rattlesnakes. Then go to the amputee ward with the returning GI's and heal them.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#90547 May 26, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
What a bunch of nonsense. Could we have chapter and verse for God warning the slave masters that they would be treated the same as they treated their slaves?
GOD: "If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property (Ex. 21:20-21, NIV)."
Thank you God for being so clear about all of this. I only wish your "simple minded" would be so honest about it.
I was speaking of the justice and punishment from God, even after the masters die.

Possibly, the Christians here are 'wasting' our time speaking to many of you who have already 'hardened' your hearts, so the seeds of God's word does not grow.

Luke 8:11
Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.

Luke 8:15
As for that in the good soil, they are those who, hearing the word, hold it fast in an honest and good heart, and bear fruit with patience.

Luke 8:5
“A sower went out to sow his seed. And as he sowed, some fell along the path and was trampled underfoot, and the birds of the air devoured it.

Mark 4:2-41
And he was teaching them many things in parables, and in his teaching he said to them:“Listen! A sower went out to sow. And as he sowed, some seed fell along the path, and the birds came and devoured it. Other seed fell on rocky ground, where it did not have much soil, and immediately it sprang up, since it had no depth of soil. And when the sun rose, it was scorched, and since it had no root, it withered away....
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#90548 May 26, 2013
Everyone on earth is a servant to either good or evil. You only have 2 choices.

Matt 6:24
"No one can serve two masters. He will hate the first master and love the second, or he will be devoted to the first and despise the second. You cannot serve God and wealth.

Galatians 1:10 Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.

Romans 6:20 When you were slaves to sin, you were free from the control of righteousness.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#90549 May 26, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
"No one can serve two masters. He will hate the first master and love the second, or he will be devoted to the first and despise the second. You cannot serve God and wealth.
Galatians 1:10 Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.
Romans 6:20 When you were slaves to sin, you were free from the control of righteousness.
Sorry, you cannot use the Bible as a valid reference unless you demonstrate that it is reliable. I have seen that it has far too many errors to be used in the manner that you are using it.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#90550 May 26, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, you cannot use the Bible as a valid reference unless you demonstrate that it is reliable. I have seen that it has far too many errors to be used in the manner that you are using it.
You are mis-interpreting the Bible, possibly on purpose, to fit your own freedom of behaviors. That is very common of unbelivers. It is also very common to despise, hate, and mock God's people, because the power of God is so strong.

If you actually didn't believe in a God, then why even bother attacking us?

“That's just MY opinion...”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#90551 May 26, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
Possibly, the Christians here are 'wasting' our time speaking to many of you who have already 'hardened' your hearts, so the seeds of God's word does not grow.
Luke 8:11
Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.
Luke 8:15
As for that in the good soil, they are those who, hearing the word, hold it fast in an honest and good heart, and bear fruit with patience.
Luke 8:5
“A sower went out to sow his seed. And as he sowed, some fell along the path and was trampled underfoot, and the birds of the air devoured it.
Mark 4:2-41
And he was teaching them many things in parables, and in his teaching he said to them:“Listen! A sower went out to sow. And as he sowed, some seed fell along the path, and the birds came and devoured it. Other seed fell on rocky ground, where it did not have much soil, and immediately it sprang up, since it had no depth of soil. And when the sun rose, it was scorched, and since it had no root, it withered away....
You need better seeds. Yours are just empty shells.

“It is often that a ”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

person's mouth broke his nose.

#90552 May 26, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are mis-interpreting the Bible, possibly on purpose, to fit your own freedom of behaviors. That is very common of unbelivers. It is also very common to despise, hate, and mock God's people, because the power of God is so strong.
They bother "attacking" as you say for the same reason they are "attacked". Both sides try to prove the other wrong and get them to see it their way and if they can't both sides think the other is an idiot, crazy, ignorant ect ect. There is not 100% proof of either. It all boils down to what a person wants to believe. It will be a never ending argument of one side saying "Prove your God exists" while the other side says "Prove my God doesn't exist. One thing that science cannot explain at all and believers give credit to God is "Miracles".
Lets say science says a man has a fatal disease and will die in 6 months. 6 moths later he is cured and no one knows how it happened. Science will just blow it off for they are scared of what they cannot explain because it puts holes/doubt in there theories, while believers praise and give credit to God as a miracle. Now I am a believer of God but that does not it right to everyone same as they are believes of evolution and that does not make it right to everyone. It all boils down to what a person wants to believe and if you believe it strong enough nothing will change your mind except 100% pure factual proof which no one will ever have. And if that proof was to ever happen there would still be doubt, criticizing and arguments from both sides for it would go against everything they believed in to start with.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#90553 May 26, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I am clearly not misinterpreting the Bible. It is filled with flaws. And how is pointing out a simple fact attacking you? It definitely is not attacking any gods. There is no hate, no mocking (at least not right now, if you continue this idiocy then you could very well be mocked).

Once again, you are trying to use a failed document to support your beliefs. That will not work, since it has been shown in the past to have many imperfections in it. It has bad science, Adam and Eve, Noah's Ark and other such fairly tales. It has bad geography, it describes the Earth as a flat several times. And don't you Bible people say that if something is repeated several times that indicates that it is an important fact? It has bad morals. Many contradictions. And failed prophecies.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#90554 May 26, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I am clearly not misinterpreting the Bible. It is filled with flaws. And how is pointing out a simple fact attacking you? It definitely is not attacking any gods. There is no hate, no mocking (at least not right now, if you continue this idiocy then you could very well be mocked).
Once again, you are trying to use a failed document to support your beliefs. That will not work, since it has been shown in the past to have many imperfections in it. It has bad science, Adam and Eve, Noah's Ark and other such fairly tales. It has bad geography, it describes the Earth as a flat several times. And don't you Bible people say that if something is repeated several times that indicates that it is an important fact? It has bad morals. Many contradictions. And failed prophecies.
The bible may not be perfect but that is only because it was written by humans. You should also separate the NT from the old. The OT is about God and the NT is about Satan who wants to be God. The NT is full of myths, lies and delusion. There will never be a rapture, tribulation or millennium. But the stories in the OT are true, like Adam and Eve and Noahs ark. The OT will be proven true when the Messiah comes and fulfills it.

“Robert Stevens”

Level 1

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#90555 May 26, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, a few things HTS:
Like the earth is 4 1/2 billion years old instead of 6,000.
Mankind has been around for 200,000 years.
Adam and Eve never existed.
Moses didn't write the Pentateuch....may not have even existed
There was never an Exodus from Egypt
There was never a Noachian flood.
The 'Tower of Babel' never happened
Sorry, you really can't prove any of this. As noted o believe in both evolution and creation. No question we do have a protector. If you'd deny this. it's just because you are in denial. Therefore the debate would be a waste of my time. Us being here, jus has too many miracles. God allowing evil and disasters is just part of Free Will. I do believe you and all others do know YOURSELF. You have a short existence debating your points listed above looks like a terrible waste of time for you

Level 3

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#90556 May 26, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, you really can't prove any of this. As noted o believe in both evolution and creation. No question we do have a protector. If you'd deny this. it's just because you are in denial. Therefore the debate would be a waste of my time. Us being here, jus has too many miracles. God allowing evil and disasters is just part of Free Will. I do believe you and all others do know YOURSELF. You have a short existence debating your points listed above looks like a terrible waste of time for you
Totally. God gets you to work on time and lets children get ripped apart by a tornado. Priorities in order, he has!

Level 9

Everett, WA

#90557 May 26, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The bible may not be perfect but that is only because it was written by humans. You should also separate the NT from the old. The OT is about God and the NT is about Satan who wants to be God. The NT is full of myths, lies and delusion. There will never be a rapture, tribulation or millennium. But the stories in the OT are true, like Adam and Eve and Noahs ark. The OT will be proven true when the Messiah comes and fulfills it.
Nope, no Noah's Ark. There is no evidence for it and plenty of evidence against it. For example if there was a flood there would be severe genetic bottlenecks datable to the time of the Ark in all species. That is not observed.

Level 1

Location hidden

#90558 May 26, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was speaking of the justice and punishment from God, even after the masters die.
First off you do not know what happens after we die. The hearsay you would like us to accept is nonsense because you just don't know. And there is no such thing as a Christian because you do not obey the Bible. You want others to obey the silly Bible while you refuse to do so yourself. Why can't you admit to this truth?

It is not that atheists have hardened their hearts it is because you are a liar who can't stay focused on the discussion at hand, and you can't prove a word you write.

You make assertion after assertion and expect everyone to come to Jesus just because you repeated what was told to you. Atheists and Anti-theists are not as stupid as are pew warmers. We need more than a warm fuzzy feeling, which is all you have to offer.

Level 1

Location hidden

#90559 May 26, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
Why do you keep posting this silly nonsense? The Bible is an accient Jewish puppet play. Who cares what it says? You don't and I don't.

Has anyone ever seen God's face?

John 1:18 "No man hath seen God at any time;..."
Exodus 33:20, And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
John 6:46 "Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is ofGod, he hath seen the Father."
1 John 4:12 "No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us."

Versus

Gen. 32:30 "And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved."
Exod. 33:11 "And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend."
Num. 14:14 "...that thou LORD art seen face to face,..."
Job 42:5 "I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee."
Deut. 34:10 "And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face,..."
Deut. 5:4 "The LORD talked with you face to face...."

Level 1

Location hidden

#90560 May 26, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text> Now I am a believer of God .
I will be happy to prove to you that your God does not exist, and I will be happy to do so, just as soon as all you biblicists are finished providing your proof that such a being does exist.

So far no one ever has offered any proof. The reason for that is simple; there isn't any.

Level 1

Location hidden

#90561 May 26, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The bible may not be perfect but that is only because it was written by humans. You should also separate the NT from the old. The OT is about God and the NT is about Satan who wants to be God. The NT is full of myths, lies and delusion. There will never be a rapture, tribulation or millennium. But the stories in the OT are true, like Adam and Eve and Noahs ark. The OT will be proven true when the Messiah comes and fulfills it.
Please explain why anyone should believe or accept your assertions.

Level 1

Location hidden

#90562 May 26, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
GOD CREATES EVIL:
"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things" (Isa. 45:7).
"Is it not from the mouth of the Most High that good and evil come?" (Lam. 3:38).
"...that I may repent of the evil, which I purpose to do unto them because of the evil of their doings" (Jer. 26:3).
"...all the evil which I purpose to do unto them; that they may return every man from his evil way; that I may forgive their iniquity and their sin" (Jer. 36:3).
"I gave them also statutes that were not good, and judgments whereby they should not live. And I polluted them in their own gifts...." (Ezek. 20:25-26).
"For thus saith the Lord; as I have brought all this great evil upon this people, so will I bring upon them all the good that I have promised them" (Jer. 32:42).
"...shall there be evil in a city, and the Lord hath not done it?"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 min LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 43,387
Poll Is Sweetie-Pie really Ozzie? 1 min Chilli J 4
News This One Weird Pic DESTROYS Ayn Rand 1 min Chilli J 6
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 min Wolftracks 169,177
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 1 min NotaGoth 141,484
News Our ISS Astronauts Drink Recycled Russian Pee 1 min Chilli J 7
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 1 min Brother Larry 9,737
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 1 min LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 18,630
Poll How many SOCKS do you have? 12 min Sweetie-Pie 6
More from around the web