Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
HTS

Williston, ND

#90502 May 24, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, a few things HTS:
Like the earth is 4 1/2 billion years old instead of 6,000.
Mankind has been around for 200,000 years.
Adam and Eve never existed.
Moses didn't write the Pentateuch....may not have even existed
There was never an Exodus from Egypt
There was never a Noachian flood.
The 'Tower of Babel' never happened
You parrot cheap atheist dogma and think you're making a point?
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#90503 May 24, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
The 'Pope' is not my savior, never has been, never will be. He is just a man, leading the 'Catholic' church...and it seems in the wrong direction.
You can no more go to heaven by just doing good deeds. You can't 'work' your way to heaven. You must be born again in the spirit and water....and truly believe that Jesus is the Son of God who came to save us from our sins.
And you don't see the danger in that belief? Why even give the law in the first place if it's null and void? All you do is strengthen the wicked by promising them life. It's because of Christianity that there's so much sin and crime in the world. If we all kept the covenant, it would be a different world. And why didn't Jesus come 2000 years sooner and defeat Satan from the beginning? God is the first as well as the last and she's proven it. Your god is dead.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#90504 May 24, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
"To do this you have to know who the Lord is."
The 'Lord' is a figment of your imagination.
The Lord is God and she is here and just waiting for the right time "The day of vengeance is in my heart and the year of my redeemed is come". VWD Day is the first day of the Lord and stands for Vengeance, Wrath, and Destruction. God will unleash her fury on a sinful world and the whole purpose of our existence will be realized.
HTS

Williston, ND

#90505 May 24, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
It is truly laughable to watch you constantly engage in ad-hom for the sake of your faith while constantly avoiding making coherent attempts at rational rebuttal.
Typical atheist BS...robotically parroting rather than thinking for himself.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Park City, Utah

#90506 May 24, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
How about an actual answer to what I wrote?

How about some information from you that disproves what I wrote?

I don't think....errr.umm...I KNOW you cannot disprove it

Level 9

Park City, Utah

#90507 May 24, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The Lord is God and she is here and just waiting for the right time "The day of vengeance is in my heart and the year of my redeemed is come". VWD Day is the first day of the Lord and stands for Vengeance, Wrath, and Destruction. God will unleash her fury on a sinful world and the whole purpose of our existence will be realized.
I'm sorry you have a brain sickness Susan. I hope you get some help soon.

Level 9

Park City, Utah

#90508 May 25, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm making the point that you and your religion are wacko.

“Robert Stevens”

Level 1

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#90509 May 25, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm on a mission to expose the stupid beliefs of Christianity.
Much of the Bible has been proven wrong and that fact needs to get out there....and stay out there.
Christianity is going the way of Zeus, Apollo, Enlil, Helios, Jupiter, Mithhras, Osiris, and all the others that are proven wrong.
We live in an all natural world....there is no magik and there never was.
You are completely wasting your time. You can't prove anything wasn't. Some times they double talk. The alien believers work well with these legends. To be honest they are the toughest group to debate. Where atheist and Christian creationist are like losing teams, the alien crowd really have their game plans together. It is the reason the two groups, try to act like they are the only "teams" in the league.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#90510 May 25, 2013
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
Yes!
Evidence for a Global Flood
by Laurence D Smart B.Sc.Agr., Dip.Ed., Grad.Dip.Ed
Email: laurence@unmaskingevolution.co m
Webpage: www.unmaskingevolution.com
[Free to print and distribute. Copy must be in full.]
In the past, scientists largely dismissed Noah's flood as a myth, or a local flood, as it was believed that there could not have been enough rainwater to cover the world as high as Mount Everest. Recent discoveries in plate tectonics and crustal physics have shown that a much flatter Earth could have easily been flooded, with the resultant volcanic and geologic activity altering the land surface. These details have demolished the main argument against a global flood, but the tag of "local flood" has remained because atheists do not want any evidence that supports the existence of an Almighty, Creator/God.
Here are over 100 evidences in support of a global flood, rather than a local one.
FROM LOGIC.........[12 reasons]
(1) For rain to fall for forty uninterrupted days on one localized area is currently close to impossible.
(2) A rainbow appeared for the first time after the flood, indicating a radical change in atmospheric conditions as a consequence of a cataclysmic event.
(3) The waters remained for over a year. This would not occur in a local flood.
(4) To be higher than the highest mountains, the flood could not have been local.
(5) To cover the mountains continually for 9 months, the flood could not have been local.
(6) The purpose of the flood was to destroy all human beings. This could only refer to a worldwide flood.
(7) If the flood was local, people living elsewhere in the world would have escaped.
(8) The enormous size of the ark (equivalent to the capacity of 500 railroad freight carriages) would hold much more than local species of animals.
(9) The purpose of the ark to "keep seed [species - NKJ] alive upon the face of the earth" is only rational if the flood was global.
(10) Noah and his family could have migrated to a locality away from the local area to be flooded. There would have been no need to spend 120 years building an ark.
(11) Many of the animals in the flooding area could have easily migrated to escape the deluge if the flood was local. There would have been no need to build an ark to provide them with a safe haven.
(12) If God made a promise based on a lie (ie. that the flood being local rather than global), then he can't be trusted to save us from our sins.
http://unmaskingevolution.com/18-flood.htm
[/QUOTE]

Wow. That is INCREDIBLY inane. Laurence Smart needs to change his name and apologize for wasting a perfectly good chair in a classroom.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#90511 May 25, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical atheist BS...robotically parroting rather than thinking for himself.
LOL! OH, the irony! THAT is a definitive example of hypocrisy.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#90512 May 25, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
First off, God doesn't endorse slavery.
When he speaks of a slave and his master, He is saying employee and employer.
You can read where they PAID wages, so it wasn't slavery.
Where there was true slavery,(jews held in Egypt), God had Moses deliver them.
The people that first had the scripture were the Jews and new Christians, then the Romans tried to take their religion away from them. The Jews and Christians had to hide the original scriptures from the "ROMANS" who wanted to keep people from learning about God. The Romans also changed the wording to Latin and added books, that to this day, the protestants and Jews do not accept. That is why Roman Catholicism is criticized by many, even today.
The original ancient Jewish scriptures of the Torrah and the dead sea scrolls, that were found in the 20th century hidden in caves, match exactly the same meaning of the Holy Bibles we study today.
Jesus said that nothing would prevail over His church and nothing has. Since day one, from Adam and Eve, people have ALWAYS worshipped the God of the Bible. This is not just some man made statue of a false god that will fade away with time, He is here to stay.
Matthew 16:18
Now I say to you that you are Peter (which means 'rock'), and upon this rock I will build my church, and all the powers of hell will not conquer it.
Revelation 22:13
Jesus is Coming
…12And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
13I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
14Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.…
"Come on, baby, let's do the twist
Come on, baby, let's do the twist
Take me by my little hand and go like this...

CHUBBY CHECKER

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#90513 May 25, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>Sir Isaac Newton, one of the most brilliant scientists in history, strongly believed in the authenticity of the Bible. What new scientific discoveries have been uncovered since his day that have disproven it?
he also believed in alchemy...not that bright, was he?

the bible itself disproves the myths it makes...

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#90514 May 25, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
1 Peter 5:8
Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour.
Our world is filled with con artists, liars and thieves who seek to defraud us. But the Bible warns us about the greatest deceiver of all—Satan the Devil. Are you aware of his tactics? Are you prepared to avoid his schemes, or could you fall victim to his deceptions?
But did you know that there is a thief who wants to rob you of the most valuable possession of all—your eternal life and your future as a child of God? This thief works through deceptive practices, from selfish vanity to pride to dangerous occultism, seeking to turn people away from the truth and from the way of life that will bring true happiness—God's way.
Read that carefully. Satan, the devil, deceives the whole world! That means the people of every nation. That means you and me. I have been deceived. You have been deceived. But, thankfully, God calls us out of this world's deception, through the true Jesus Christ of the Bible!
Yeah, twist, baby, baby
Twist, ooh yeah, just like this
Come on, little miss, and do the twist...

CHUBBY CHECKER

Minnesota's North Coast

#90515 May 25, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
First off, God doesn't endorse slavery.
When he speaks of a slave and his master, He is saying employee and employer.
You can read where they PAID wages, so it wasn't slavery.
Where there was true slavery,(jews held in Egypt), God had Moses deliver them.
The people that first had the scripture were the Jews and new Christians, then the Romans tried to take their religion away from them. The Jews and Christians had to hide the original scriptures from the "ROMANS" who wanted to keep people from learning about God. The Romans also changed the wording to Latin and added books, that to this day, the protestants and Jews do not accept. That is why Roman Catholicism is criticized by many, even today.
The original ancient Jewish scriptures of the Torrah and the dead sea scrolls, that were found in the 20th century hidden in caves, match exactly the same meaning of the Holy Bibles we study today.
Jesus said that nothing would prevail over His church and nothing has. Since day one, from Adam and Eve, people have ALWAYS worshipped the God of the Bible. This is not just some man made statue of a false god that will fade away with time, He is here to stay.
Matthew 16:18
Now I say to you that you are Peter (which means 'rock'), and upon this rock I will build my church, and all the powers of hell will not conquer it.
Revelation 22:13
Jesus is Coming
…12And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
13I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
14Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.…
no the bible clearly states that you could own other humans...like the children of any slaves you had. if you can own and sell them, they are not employees.

your cult lied to you...again...

Minnesota's North Coast

#90516 May 25, 2013
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
Yes!
Evidence for a Global Flood
by Laurence D Smart B.Sc.Agr., Dip.Ed., Grad.Dip.Ed
Email: laurence@unmaskingevolution.co m
Webpage: www.unmaskingevolution.com
[Free to print and distribute. Copy must be in full.]
In the past, scientists largely dismissed Noah's flood as a myth, or a local flood, as it was believed that there could not have been enough rainwater to cover the world as high as Mount Everest. Recent discoveries in plate tectonics and crustal physics have shown that a much flatter Earth could have easily been flooded, with the resultant volcanic and geologic activity altering the land surface. These details have demolished the main argument against a global flood, but the tag of "local flood" has remained because atheists do not want any evidence that supports the existence of an Almighty, Creator/God.
Here are over 100 evidences in support of a global flood, rather than a local one.
FROM LOGIC.........[12 reasons]
(1) For rain to fall for forty uninterrupted days on one localized area is currently close to impossible.
(2) A rainbow appeared for the first time after the flood, indicating a radical change in atmospheric conditions as a consequence of a cataclysmic event.
(3) The waters remained for over a year. This would not occur in a local flood.
(4) To be higher than the highest mountains, the flood could not have been local.
(5) To cover the mountains continually for 9 months, the flood could not have been local.
(6) The purpose of the flood was to destroy all human beings. This could only refer to a worldwide flood.
(7) If the flood was local, people living elsewhere in the world would have escaped.
(8) The enormous size of the ark (equivalent to the capacity of 500 railroad freight carriages) would hold much more than local species of animals.
(9) The purpose of the ark to "keep seed [species - NKJ] alive upon the face of the earth" is only rational if the flood was global.
(10) Noah and his family could have migrated to a locality away from the local area to be flooded. There would have been no need to spend 120 years building an ark.
(11) Many of the animals in the flooding area could have easily migrated to escape the deluge if the flood was local. There would have been no need to build an ark to provide them with a safe haven.
(12) If God made a promise based on a lie (ie. that the flood being local rather than global), then he can't be trusted to save us from our sins.
http://unmaskingevolution.com/18-flood.htm
[/QUOTE]yet there were already mountains mentioned in your cult book before the flood! and the ark supposedly came to rest on a mountainside...

you cult mentality people aren't that good at logical thinking, are you? sheesh!

Level 9

Park City, Utah

#90517 May 25, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You are completely wasting your time. You can't prove anything wasn't. Some times they double talk. The alien believers work well with these legends. To be honest they are the toughest group to debate. Where atheist and Christian creationist are like losing teams, the alien crowd really have their game plans together. It is the reason the two groups, try to act like they are the only "teams" in the league.
I can pretty much prove the things in my list above in post #90493
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#90518 May 25, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
You can no more go to heaven by just doing good deeds. You can't 'work' your way to heaven.
That's not what the ACTUAL WORDS OF JESUS say!

Mat 25:31-46
When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth [his] sheep from the goats:
And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed [thee]? or thirsty, and gave [thee] drink?
When saw we thee a stranger, and took [thee] in? or naked, and clothed [thee]?
Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done [it] unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done [it] unto me.
Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did [it] not to one of the least of these, ye did [it] not to me.
And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
HTS

Williston, ND

#90519 May 25, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>he also believed in alchemy...not that bright, was he?
the bible itself disproves the myths it makes...
Typical arrogance of an atheist.
You're saying Newton was a moron?
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#90520 May 25, 2013
[snip]
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not what the ACTUAL WORDS OF JESUS say!
Did you actually hear jesus say any of that, or are you just passing on what another human being told you he said? Unless jesus sat down with a scribe and dictated the bible you have no way of knowing who said what.

The man who made the movie "The Legend of Boggy Creek" passed it off as a true story based on the testimony of those who saw the "Bigfoot", but I don't believe that either.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#90521 May 25, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no the bible clearly states that you could own other humans...like the children of any slaves you had. if you can own and sell them, they are not employees.
your cult lied to you...again...
The Bible does not specifically condemn the practice of slavery. It gives instructions on how slaves should be treated (Deuteronomy 15:12-15; Ephesians 6:9; Colossians 4:1), but does not outlaw slavery altogether. Many see this as the Bible condoning all forms of slavery.

What many fail to understand is that slavery in biblical times was very different from the slavery that was practiced in the past few centuries in many parts of the world. The slavery in the Bible was not based exclusively on race. People were not enslaved because of their nationality or the color of their skin. In Bible times, slavery was more a matter of social status. People sold themselves as slaves when they could not pay their debts or provide for their families. In New Testament times, sometimes doctors, lawyers, and even politicians were slaves of someone else. Some people actually chose to be slaves so as to have all their needs provided for by their masters.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 6 min Good-Evil 157,995
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 33 min eleanorigby 39,330
Word Association (Jun '10) 46 min whatimeisit 26,670
Your "favorite"Movie Quotes with or w/o video;))) 1 hr Wolftracks 87
Couple filmed 'having sex on Charlton Athletic'... 2 hr FTW Forever 25
Rest in Peace, Spock 2 hr -Lea- 223
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 2 hr Brandiiiiiiii 3,998
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 4 hr NinaRocks 17,914
Name a smell you love to smell! (Jan '14) 6 hr LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 801
More from around the web