Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 197539 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

HTS

Mandan, ND

#90440 May 24, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
When did you stop being an Atheist? Was it when your mamma told you about Jesus?
Santa Claus has a message for you:
Dear Children, Some day you will learn everything there is to know about Santa, and on that day I want you to remember what the adults told you about Jesus.
Your charicatures only demonstrate the shallowness of your mind.
The greatest scientists in history were not atheists, but believed in God.
I NEVER believed in Santa Claus, and my parents never lied to me.
When are you going to stop believing in the evo-fairy and pixie dust?
HTS

Mandan, ND

#90441 May 24, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
There is NOTHING in the Bible that would lead one to believe that a superiour all knowing creator God wrote it.
2 Kings 18:27, " ...that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own piss with you?"
Such a statement could only be concocted in the perverted mind of an atheist. I'm certain that you have never read the entire Bible.
HTS

Mandan, ND

#90442 May 24, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
Mark 16:17-18, "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils;.... They shall take up serpents and if they drink any deadly thing it shall not hurt them."
Not many believing Christians are willing to drink poisons or handle rattlesnakes to prove the Bible's accuracy, although some have tried. Many individuals have died because they put their trust in the Biblical injunction to pray ("And the prayer of faith shall save the sick," James 5:13-15) and, not wanting to make Asa's mistake (2 Chron. 16:12), shunned physicians.
Your motives are transparent.
You want to justify your immoral worldview and avoid all accountability, so you close your mind to the truth and place ultimate faith in the evo-fairy.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#90443 May 24, 2013
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
Never failed,
http://www.bethlehemstar.net/
For centuries, believers, scoffers and the curious have wondered at the Biblical account of the Star of Bethlehem. The Bible recounts unusual or even impossible astronomical events at Christ’s birth. For many doubters, the account of the Star is easily dismissed as myth. For many believers, it’s a mystery accepted on faith. But what happens if we combine current scriptural accounts, astronomical fact and a desire for truth? The Star of Bethlehem documents the search to understand how the Lord used the stars and planets to reveal His plans for Christ’s birth. Uncover the mystery for yourself.
From Producer Stephen McEveety, The Passion Of The Christ
http://www.christiancinema.com/catalog/produc...
[/QUOTE]The star of Bethlehem never happened, it is a Christian myth or more exactly a lie. They actually believe 3 kings from vastly different areas of the world got together and followed a star for thousands of miles because they knew it was a Jewish omen. Also, the star would've been in the west, not the east. A star does not stand over a certain place. The star in the east did appear on January 6, 1984 which is 3 kings day in Puerto Rico. The kings of the east and the west were at a summit close by and they visited the Messiah after seeing the article in the newspaper. It was a very large 6 pointed star in the eastern sky and they recognized it as a sign because it was popularized by Christianity.

“Dinosaurs survived the flood!”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Jesus probably rode dinosaurs!

#90444 May 24, 2013
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
http://www.grandcanyontreks.org/geology2.htm
"Inevitably, some of these visitors will turn to a park ranger and ask: "How did the Grand Canyon get formed? Why did this happen here and nowhere else?"
The honest answer is that nobody knows. One hundred and thirty-one years after John Wesley Powell first mapped the Colorado River by riding its 161 rapids in heavy wooden boats, no one can prove how the canyon was formed.
But it is not for lack of trying.
Geologists are puzzle freaks who love nothing more than collecting fragmentary clues -- clumps of gravel, fossilized shells and pollens, the dates that muddy sediments were deposited in dried-up lakes or whole mountain ranges were lifted -- and then trying desperately to figure out how the modern topography before their eyes was produced.
More.....
The modern Colorado appears to be a young river that flows out of the Rockies and hits a huge plateau, called the Kaibab Upwarp, which is 50 million to 70 million years old. Instead of being shunted away from this barrier, the river runs right through it. Moreover, when sediments from the river are examined closely, it is clear that the western end of the canyon -- where it flattens out and begins its final run to the Gulf of California -- is many millions of years younger than the eastern part of the river.
To many experts, this difference means that the Grand Canyon could have been cobbled together from ancient river basins that were created during different geologic eras. But if so, when and how were those ancient rivers formed and where did they go?
[/QUOTE]The Grand Canyon was formed over millions of years by the action of the Colorado River. If you have a simple question, you should just ask.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#90445 May 24, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing in the observable world leads one to believe that man evolved from a microbe.
Say what?

You mean apart from archaeology, geology, medicine... things like that?

Where the heck were you educated?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#90446 May 24, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Such a statement could only be concocted in the perverted mind of an atheist. I'm certain that you have never read the entire Bible.
only the perverted mind of a cultist would think some god would endorse slavery...

it would seem you have not read the entire of your cult's book... but then your cult frowns on that, they didn't even want it printed and distributed to the masses. why would that be?
HTS

Englewood, CO

#90447 May 24, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>only the perverted mind of a cultist would think some god would endorse slavery...
it would seem you have not read the entire of your cult's book... but then your cult frowns on that, they didn't even want it printed and distributed to the masses. why would that be?
Woodtick, you don't know what my religion is, so you need to keep your blasphemous caricatures to yourself. It is obvious that you suffer from deep personal insecurities. Hence, your preoccupation with bashing the religon of others.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#90448 May 24, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Woodtick, you don't know what my religion is, so you need to keep your blasphemous caricatures to yourself. It is obvious that you suffer from deep personal insecurities. Hence, your preoccupation with bashing the religon of others.
yet you just spewed off about the bible, so i responded about the bible...

i just point out the obvious facts that the abrahamic cult is based on proven lies and the god they invented is proven false.

since you seem to support that bible, it would seem you worship a false idol, regardless of what you think your religion is.

one can not blasphemy a false god, which is what you were referring to.
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#90449 May 24, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
Mark 16:17-18, "They shall take up serpents and if they drink any deadly thing it shall not hurt them."
Wow. Then why do christian parents of small children lock the kitchen cabinets and put poisons out of reach? I can only say one thing to them.

"Oh ye of little faith."
HTS

Englewood, CO

#90450 May 24, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet you just spewed off about the bible, so i responded about the bible...
i just point out the obvious facts that the abrahamic cult is based on proven lies and the god they invented is proven false.
since you seem to support that bible, it would seem you worship a false idol, regardless of what you think your religion is.
You're a cheap bigot. You know nothing about ancient scriptue or history. I've heard all of your recycled BS before...ad nauseum. You are drunk on atheist kool-aid.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#90451 May 24, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
There is NOTHING in the Bible that would lead one to believe that a superiour all knowing creator God wrote it.
What if we are wrong?.....we lose nothing.

but.....

What if we are right?....YOU lose everything.

Level 9

#90452 May 24, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
You are cracking me up. All this time I thought you were bashing Christianity by claiming to be a follower.

Level 9

#90453 May 24, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet you just spewed off about the bible, so i responded about the bible...
I think HTS is his own caricature. Reading the nonsense he posts on here is a laugh a minute.

Level 9

#90454 May 24, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
What if we are wrong?.....we lose nothing.
but.....
What if we are right?....YOU lose everything.
Pascal's Wager again. Haven't you guys ever read Stephen Stich's refute of Pascal? No, I don't guess you would have.
HTS

Englewood, CO

#90455 May 24, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
Sir Isaac Newton, one of the most brilliant scientists in history, strongly believed in the authenticity of the Bible. What new scientific discoveries have been uncovered since his day that have disproven it?
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#90456 May 24, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>only the perverted mind of a cultist would think some god would endorse slavery...
First off, God doesn't endorse slavery.

When he speaks of a slave and his master, He is saying employee and employer.

You can read where they PAID wages, so it wasn't slavery.

Where there was true slavery,(jews held in Egypt), God had Moses deliver them.

The people that first had the scripture were the Jews and new Christians, then the Romans tried to take their religion away from them. The Jews and Christians had to hide the original scriptures from the "ROMANS" who wanted to keep people from learning about God. The Romans also changed the wording to Latin and added books, that to this day, the protestants and Jews do not accept. That is why Roman Catholicism is criticized by many, even today.

The original ancient Jewish scriptures of the Torrah and the dead sea scrolls, that were found in the 20th century hidden in caves, match exactly the same meaning of the Holy Bibles we study today.

Jesus said that nothing would prevail over His church and nothing has. Since day one, from Adam and Eve, people have ALWAYS worshipped the God of the Bible. This is not just some man made statue of a false god that will fade away with time, He is here to stay.

Matthew 16:18
Now I say to you that you are Peter (which means 'rock'), and upon this rock I will build my church, and all the powers of hell will not conquer it.

Revelation 22:13

Jesus is Coming
…12And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

13I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

14Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.…

Level 9

#90457 May 24, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>Sir Isaac Newton, one of the most brilliant scientists in history, strongly believed in the authenticity of the Bible. What new scientific discoveries have been uncovered since his day that have disproven it?
Evolution (origin of the diversity of life). Geology (deep time/no flood). Genetics (human lineage). Physics/Astronomy (refutation of geocentricity). Paleontology (fossil record). I could go on, but don't you think that is enough.

Are you going to tell us that the Earth is a flat square, that is orbited by the son, stars, and other planets and dinosaurs were on the ark?

None of this changes the historical, allegorical and theological value of the Bible. However, it does seem to drive you batty.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#90458 May 24, 2013
HTS wrote:
You dogmatically stated that no evidence of God exists.
It's not dogmatism to point out facts.
HTS wrote:
It is impossible to honestly make a statement like that, because no one has examined off of the evidence.
To what "evidence" are you referring? You mean like the evidence of everything ever? Of course not. Because all the evidence we have access to is that which is on or reaches planet Earth. I simply point out, quite correctly, that not one person on the planet has been able to present any such evidence to back up the existence of invisible Jewish wizards.

You're basically whining that you've got sh t.(shrug)
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#90459 May 24, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Could have been the Holy Helicopter.
Unless it's a Holy Apache I'm not impressed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Let's Play Songs With Four Words,... (Jul '15) 10 min Kathryne 72
fun with kimmie 10 min Ferrerman 2
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 11 min Ferrerman 7,075
Just start naming actors and actresses (Sep '11) 16 min Go Blue Forever 4,962
Post any FOUR words 19 min Go Blue Forever 798
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 49 min SweLL GirL 144,859
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 50 min Northbound 190,997
Answer a question with a question (Apr '15) 1 hr Red_Forman 2,396
Poll Adrian Devine is the king of Topix ! (Jun '11) 5 hr A Poem 166
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 8 hr honeymylove 32,177