http://unmaskingevolution.com/18-flood.htmDescartes did, but do you?
Is there any shred of evidence outside of the Bible for a flood that submerged the mountains under the entire heavens? Nope. Is there any shred of evidence in the diversification of the biosphere that indicates a global genetic bottleneck within the history of man? Nope. Is there any shred of evidence that all of mankind except for 4 related couples was eliminated 4,300+/- years ago? Nope.
(49) River terraces are found worldwide.(Morris p:685)
(50) There is a universal occurrence of rivers in valleys too large for the present stream. Slow erosion over millions of years could not have created these valleys as the mountains would have eroded, keeping pace with the valley erosion. The drainage of global floodwaters from the land surface could easily create such wide valleys in a short period of time.
(51) Only modern sediments show any evidence of surface drainage systems. If the majority of the world's sedimentary rocks were laid down by a global flood there would not be any sign of drainage erosion except for the top layers eroded during the recession of the flood waters off the land.
(52) Hydrologic evidence points to the rapid deposition of sedimentary rock layers. Therefore, the thousand's of metres of sediment must have been deposited by a catastrophic global flood.
(53) Hydrologic evidence points to the world's sedimentary rocks being deposited in one continuous episode. All the layers could have been laid down by a single event, such as a global flood.
(54) Hydrologic experiments show that flowing sediment automatically settles out in distinct layers. Therefore, sedimentary rock layers can be just as easily explained as flood debris, as slow deposition.
(55) There is a worldwide occurrence of deep alluvial deposits and sedimentary rocks consistent with a huge global flood.
(56) There is a near-random deposition of formational sequences.(Morris p:685)
(57) Nowhere in the world is it possible to see the complete geologic column as a single structure. It is always found in bits and pieces, and mostly with pieces missing. Globally, a worldwide flood could create the illusion of a geologic column.
(58) The oldest organisms still alive on Earth today, the Californian Redwoods, Sequoias and Bristlecone Pines, are around 3,000-4,000 years old. Nothing is older that the date of Noah's flood.