Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 221768 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 4

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#90337 May 23, 2013
Job 41:1
"Can you pull in Leviathan with a fishhook or tie down its tongue with a rope?

Psalm 104:26
There the ships go to and fro, and Leviathan, which you formed to frolic there.

Isaiah 27:1
In that day, the LORD will punish with his sword-- his fierce, great and powerful sword-- Leviathan the gliding serpent, Leviathan the coiling serpent; he will slay the monster of the sea

For the idiots who doubt. Leviathan is a whale. Carbon dating is trash and Sumer is the start of our history post flood. We haven't been here that long, even if the Earth and it's animals have.
Tyler Armstrong

Englewood, CO

#90338 May 23, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such thing. It's populist term used in unscientific publications.
MikeF I'm going to have to agree with you. If their was one it would be in a zoo right.
Neo Anderson Crossley

Englewood, CO

#90339 May 23, 2013
I have to agree with - Triceroy. The Leviathan is a whale. It swallowed Jonah in the Bible. Read The Book of Jonah then you'll know what were talking

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#90340 May 23, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text> There is no scientific or archaeololgical evidence that man has been on the earth for more than about 5,000 years. If man has been around for hundreds of thousands of years, where is the evidence? I'm not looking for evo-dogma, I'm looking for scientific evidence.
Once again, you cannot ask for evidence until you learn what qualifies as evidence.

We have seen you reject undeniable evidence in the past. Like a typical creatard you will only do so again.
Neo Anderson Crossley

Englewood, CO

#90341 May 23, 2013
Becky Crossley wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought this was a sight were you debate on real objectives not about who's who. So if your not adult enough you need to get off this sight.
Hey Sis. This site is for men so that means get off. LOL!! Oh yah when's our next Economics course. Is that tonight?????
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#90342 May 23, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>My God is the author of life and death and will only kill the wicked.
Which includes babies who haven't even learned to talk or speak yet. Apparently mercy is not high on his list for these foul criminals who cry because they want some love and attention from mom. Henceforth they shall be consigned to the depths of hell along with Stalin, Hitler and Genghis Khan.
susanblange wrote:
And my God is not coming back
Sure he is, on Drive a Volkswagen Day, your coming apocalypse. Remember? At the moment he's just chilling until the "right time". Then he will make his presence personally known again for the entire world, something he hasn't done for 2 or 3 millenia or so.
susanblange wrote:
how many times do I have to tell you I'm not a Christian?
None, I am already aware of your own self-constructed Abrahamic-based theology, though I may not be up on all the petty details which I find to be largely irrelevant.
susanblange wrote:
Murder is defined as the intentional taking of an innocent life. The wicked are guilty. Part of Gods agenda is to cut off the wicked who will not repent. If you haven't sinned against God personally, you're going to get a second chance but you need to repent. Remorse, confession, restitution and most importantly, change.
Babies haven't sinned against God personally for they have yet to develop the awareness of any such concepts, much less express them. To your god "wicked" is simply anyone who does not conform to any of his petty pet-hates. To him even rational skepticism is to be punished by eternal torture.

Your theology is f cked up to the core and is completely bereft of morality.

This is why, Poeism not withstanding, you are an extreme psychopath who needs serious professional help.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#90344 May 23, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>I thought he was everywhere all the time?
He is but when God's people come together, God is dwelling there, especially in His Own House, the Church.

Matthew 18:20
20 For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#90345 May 23, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh.....no.
The earth is 4.5 Billion years old.
The Universe is approximately 13.798 Billion years old.
Bishop Ussher was incorrect.
To put it politely.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#90346 May 23, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently they have, Mike. But I think it's petrified.
Well that's certainly one way of putting it! Explains why it's still hiding even after all these years!
xianity is EVIL

Walton, Canada

#90347 May 23, 2013
Neo Anderson Crossley wrote:
I have to agree with - Triceroy. The Leviathan is a whale. It swallowed Jonah in the Bible. Read The Book of Jonah then you'll know what were talking
why do you use four different names on this tread?
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#90348 May 23, 2013
Triceroy wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible says NOTHING about dinasaurs. Also, it makes it clear that the Earth and the animals existed before God made men and it doesn't give the stretch of time between their creations. The Bible was accurate in saying that those things existed before man. The Bible is scientifically AND historically accurate.
1,ooo's of years ago Isaiah said: "He sits enthroned above the circle of the Earth" (Isaiah 40:22) WELL before any worldly philosopher ever believed the Earth was round. Divinely inspired.
The Bible wasn't scientifically and historically accurate when it mentioned flat square circular geocentric Earth, global flood or talking donkeys and lizards.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#90349 May 23, 2013
Zack Crossley wrote:
Can anyone show me the missing link? I would like to know.
I can give you fifteen but even that wouldn't be enough for ya.

You're not interested in science so why ask for it?
Lamer

Norwalk, OH

#90350 May 23, 2013
If most people actually believed their religion 100% then the Muslims would just wait for us to die as Allah will judge and punish us more so than they ever could. But they do not.

Same with Christians, if they actually believe they get to spend eternity in as such a place like Heaven, then why would they want to waste another second on earth? They would be begging to be killed so they could go be with Jesus. This place is nothing compared to Heaven right?

Or did my logic fail me somewhere in there?
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#90351 May 23, 2013
Becky Crossley wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi I'm Zack Crossley's sister and Tyler Armstong is stupid and dumb and smells like poop and we are all real people. The only reason why is says were from the same city is becuase we are. We are all doing this at school. LOL!!
I thought Topix had rules saying you had to be 16 to post here. With good reason, since sometimes adult subjects can be addressed even on forums like this one.

We can't stop you of course, just giving you a fair warning.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#90352 May 23, 2013
Zack Crossley wrote:
<quoted text> The gap theory is so stupid. Evolution and God do not go together. As a Christian, I'm ashamed that people have even come up with that theory.
She is not a theistic evolutionist in the traditional sense. She is anti-science just like you. There are Christians however who do have no problem with accepting that the Earth is 4 billion years old and that evolution did happen. They just happen to think that God was behind it all.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#90353 May 23, 2013
Tyler Armstrong wrote:
<quoted text>
She is lying I'm a senior.
We really don't care.(shrug)
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#90354 May 23, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>There are legends of this flood in all cultures of the world. Have you never heard of the Gilgamesh epic? These stories exist outside of the bible and are virtually identical. That is enough to prove Noahs' flood a reality.
Aaaaaaaaaaaand that was the very point I was making. If they WERE identical they'd ALL say the same thing. They'd ALL say Noah, Mrs Noah, Ham, Sham, Curly and Wotsit.

They don't.

You will note similarities lessen the further apart the sources are geographically. This is because local tribes plagiarized each other's myths, much like the Jews stole bits from the Egyptian pantheon, the Christians stole their myths from the Jews, and the Muslims stole theirs from the Jews and Christians.

That doesn't mean their religions are valid. It just means they weren't terribly inventive when they decided they wanted to make up a new religion.
HTS

Englewood, CO

#90355 May 23, 2013
Lamer wrote:
If most people actually believed their religion 100% then the Muslims would just wait for us to die as Allah will judge and punish us more so than they ever could. But they do not.
Same with Christians, if they actually believe they get to spend eternity in as such a place like Heaven, then why would they want to waste another second on earth? They would be begging to be killed so they could go be with Jesus. This place is nothing compared to Heaven right?
Or did my logic fail me somewhere in there?
Your logic is grossly flawed, born from the perverted mind of an atheist. An eternal reward is not achieved by committing suicide, but by striving to follow the teachings in the Bible. Furthermore, life is a gift from God, and the experience of living on earth is precious and should be cherished.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#90356 May 23, 2013
Triceroy wrote:
<quoted text>
Isaiah: 740 B.C.
Greece (Eratosthenes): 276 B.C.
Greece was late by around 460 years. Regardless, Isaiah made a statement that was accurate in a time before there were any satelites or anything else that would've informed him and the book of Genesis is blatant when it states that the Earth and animals were created before man, something also proven by modern science bu they marked my post as "clueless" lol.. idiots.
And funnily enough sailors had circumnavigated the Earth THOUSANDS of years earlier while later cultures (like the early Jews) were worried that a boat would fall off the edge of the Earth. The ancient Greeks were the ones who first used applied math to figure out the size of the Earth, and they were pretty close. You may note how the Bible itself describes the Earth in an EXCEEDINGLY atrocious manner, so much that to say it "accurately" described the shape of the Earth would be STUPENDOUSLY absurd. Or a stupendous lie.

http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/febible.htm
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#90358 May 23, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I do. Problem is that when I ask you guys for evidence, every single one of you without fail are UNable to provide it.
<quoted text>
I did.
Nothing happened.
Same as nothing happens when you pray, beyond the placebo effect.
Did you pray honestly believing that God is real? You have to be serious, God will not be mocked.

John 20:29
English Standard Version (©2001)
Jesus said to him,“Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

1 Peter 1:8 Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 6 min Rosa 23,925
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 8 min Chilli J 5,841
News Florida Man Shoots Neighbor, Drives Dead Body t... 16 min Chilli J 15
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 17 min Dr S Niper 4,554
A six word game (Dec '08) 42 min Hoosier Hillbilly 21,138
~`*`~ Create a sentence using the 'letters' of ... (Oct '12) 46 min Hoosier Hillbilly 4,045
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 56 min Hoosier Hillbilly 38,142
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr Mister_ E 220,679
A to Z songs by title or group! (Dec '16) 3 hr Mister_ E 2,113
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 4 hr Rich and Happy 76,666
More from around the web