Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 199450 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#90275 May 23, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>If God could part the waters of the sea of Reeds, he could cause a flood, it may be that the flood was worldwide. You've actually asked a very good question and it has given me something to think about.
What makes you think that any god ever parted the Sea of Reeds?

There is no record of that happening.

Level 1

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#90276 May 23, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>If God could part the waters of the sea of Reeds, he could cause a flood, it may be that the flood was worldwide. You've actually asked a very good question and it has given me something to think about.
Your first problem is that your stupid God doesn't exist.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#90277 May 23, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Me neither. Luckily it hasn't happened yet.
<quoted text>
No, it was a local event. If we give benefit of the doubt then it was a large flood caused by the melting ice caps at the end of the last ice age. So large and destructive to any who witnessed it they assumed it was worldwide. Then they wrote stories about it.
<quoted text>
No we cannot. Since humans had already populated the Earth by that point, leaving many WELL outside the flood zone. Genetics, archaeology, geology and physics all contradict your assertion. If the flood was global then not even Noah survived.
Now you will say that the invisible magic Jew wizard is not restricted by evidence and can get around any and all problems with magic. And that may be. But that prevents you from claiming that your BS is scientific.
I meant the legend of the flood was worldwide. I am not even sure if the flood was local or global, there are people here that have raised some interesting questions but I still believe it happened.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#90278 May 23, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Here's a clip of Wolf Blitzer putting his foot in it:
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/showt...
Yep. That's exactly what they were talking about.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#90279 May 23, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>That is not possible, homo sapiens are only 6000 years old and the garden of Eden was in modern day Iraq.
And the moon is made of green cheese.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#90280 May 23, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. That's exactly what they were talking about.
As an aside, I want one of these: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/...
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#90281 May 23, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
You claim your god is gonna come back and murder anybody who disagrees with your insane made up BS. It's just not called murder if God duz it. Because your god is a deranged delusional lunatic. You're not exactly much better.
My God is the author of life and death and will only kill the wicked. And my God is not coming back, how many times do I have to tell you I'm not a Christian? Murder is defined as the intentional taking of an innocent life. The wicked are guilty. Part of Gods agenda is to cut off the wicked who will not repent. If you haven't sinned against God personally, you're going to get a second chance but you need to repent. Remorse, confession, restitution and most importantly, change.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#90282 May 23, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>That is not possible, homo sapiens are only 6000 years old and the garden of Eden was in modern day Iraq.
Uh.....no.

The earth is 4.5 Billion years old.

The Universe is approximately 13.798 Billion years old.

Bishop Ussher was incorrect.
FREE SERVANT
#90283 May 23, 2013
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Good. And I hear that many Churches now accept major credit cards.
The people that make up the church are using credit cards now.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#90284 May 23, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I meant the legend of the flood was worldwide. I am not even sure if the flood was local or global, there are people here that have raised some interesting questions but I still believe it happened.
Wrong, almost all civilizations that live on navigable waterways have a flood myth. That does not mean that your flood myth is world wide. In fact if you read them many of the flood myths have significant differences.

Here is an important question you need to ask yoursefl:

Why do we have physical evidence of smaller local floods and no evidence at all of a much larger flood, whether global or not?
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#90285 May 23, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
{head/desk}
You're kidding, right? I mean, you don't seriously believe that they found the ark, do you?
Apparently they have, Mike. But I think it's petrified.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#90287 May 23, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently they have, Mike. But I think it's petrified.
Face Palm.

Head Desk.

Level 1

Location hidden

#90288 May 23, 2013
susanblange wrote:
I visited the Garden of Eden, it is on Broadway in San Francisco.

You have got to stop warming pews just look how it has destroyed your mental health.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#90289 May 23, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, almost all civilizations that live on navigable waterways have a flood myth. That does not mean that your flood myth is world wide. In fact if you read them many of the flood myths have significant differences.
Why do we have physical evidence of smaller local floods and no evidence at all of a much larger flood, whether global or not?
Maybe something was lost in the original biblical script when the Christians stole it from the Hebrews. You know - fat fingering a couple zeros (aka: milliniums). Afterall, the Bible puts man and dinosaurs in the same time period - kinda' like the Flintstones.

Maybe we're thinking too new or recent?

Level 1

Location hidden

#90290 May 23, 2013
susanblange wrote:
Right, just like your brain.

Level 1

Location hidden

#90291 May 23, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
She doesn't trust evidence, or even facts and proof. She has warmed pews for so long that it has destroyed her brain. We need to stop people like her from breeding or evolution stops right here and now.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#90292 May 23, 2013
susanblange wrote:
Nope. Sorry, it has not been found. Ron Wyatt & Co is full of crap.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durup%C4%B1nar_s...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Searches_for_Noa...

Level 4

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#90293 May 23, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe something was lost in the original biblical script when the Christians stole it from the Hebrews. You know - fat fingering a couple zeros (aka: milliniums). Afterall, the Bible puts man and dinosaurs in the same time period - kinda' like the Flintstones.
Maybe we're thinking too new or recent?
The bible says NOTHING about dinasaurs. Also, it makes it clear that the Earth and the animals existed before God made men and it doesn't give the stretch of time between their creations. The Bible was accurate in saying that those things existed before man. The Bible is scientifically AND historically accurate.

1,ooo's of years ago Isaiah said: "He sits enthroned above the circle of the Earth" (Isaiah 40:22) WELL before any worldly philosopher ever believed the Earth was round. Divinely inspired.

“That's just MY opinion...”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#90294 May 23, 2013
Triceroy wrote:
1,ooo's of years ago Isaiah said: "He sits enthroned above the circle of the Earth" (Isaiah 40:22) WELL before any worldly philosopher ever believed the Earth was round. Divinely inspired.
Do you think that the Earth is more like a circle than a ball?
Zack Crossley

Englewood, CO

#90295 May 23, 2013
It sounds like he couldn't make up his mind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
funny crazy facts, lol 2 min Bad Bex 1
Word goes to the Movies (Nov '08) 16 min Go Blue Forever 14,597
2words into 2new words (May '12) 17 min Sharlene45 2,320
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 30 min 8541 MARINE 56,879
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 55 min whatimeisit 59,413
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 1 hr Red_Forman 18,051
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 1 hr Poppyann 44,172
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 4 hr Sharlene45 192,957
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 4 hr Krypteia 32,417
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 7 hr Mega Monster 7,354