Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#90230 May 23, 2013
I believe the Bible gives us the true account of creation. God created all living things after their own kind in the day that he created the heavens and the earth. All life we see now is just a reproduction of former life from patterns of the same order. There is nothing new, it is just being reproduced and changes are already in each kinds makeup, if needs be to be fruitful.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#90231 May 23, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
I believe the Bible gives us the true account of creation. God created all living things after their own kind in the day that he created the heavens and the earth. All life we see now is just a reproduction of former life from patterns of the same order. There is nothing new, it is just being reproduced and changes are already in each kinds makeup, if needs be to be fruitful.
So, you believe in sky water.
What else is new?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#90232 May 23, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
yet we know for a fact that the account in the bible is wrong. why do repeat this proven lie?
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#90233 May 23, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> So, you believe in sky water.
What else is new?
You should be asking, what else is being renewed...:3)
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#90234 May 23, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> So, you believe in sky water.
What else is new?
What is being RENEWED
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#90235 May 23, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet we know for a fact that the account in the bible is wrong. why do repeat this proven lie?
WRONG again

Level 8

Location hidden

#90236 May 23, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>What is being RENEWED
It sure isn't sky water above the vault.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#90237 May 23, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> It sure isn't sky water above the vault.
How do you know the earth wasn't formed from water covered by a dome, like the Bible says?
Libertarian

London, UK

#90238 May 23, 2013
Considering our modern medical knowledge is based on the very same evidence as evolution then next time you are ill or injured then you shouldn't be using our 'anti-theist' doctors.

You should be taken to the nearest house of worship of your choice (if you're conscious) and prayed over.

As it was promised in the Bible that if God is in your heart you will get EVERYTHING you pray for you'll be fine. Although I would then question why you obviously haven't been praying for world peace etc.

Pray over a broken leg, see what happens.

I dont think my belief in evolution and science shouldnt be imposed on others so I would have to carefully consider whether to even phone an ambulance for someone who believes in a god rather than science. If their god exists he will help them.

Level 8

Location hidden

#90239 May 23, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>How do you know the earth wasn't formed from water covered by a dome, like the Bible says?
Haven't you heard? Has no one told you ?
The Flat Earth idea went out before the equal rights movement.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#90240 May 23, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think the death of mankind was irrelevant.
Me neither. Luckily it hasn't happened yet.
susanblange wrote:
God was recreating the earth and the human life contained in it. The flood story is a universal one
No, it was a local event. If we give benefit of the doubt then it was a large flood caused by the melting ice caps at the end of the last ice age. So large and destructive to any who witnessed it they assumed it was worldwide. Then they wrote stories about it.
susanblange wrote:
and we can all trace our ancestors back to the three sons of Noah.
No we cannot. Since humans had already populated the Earth by that point, leaving many WELL outside the flood zone. Genetics, archaeology, geology and physics all contradict your assertion. If the flood was global then not even Noah survived.

Now you will say that the invisible magic Jew wizard is not restricted by evidence and can get around any and all problems with magic. And that may be. But that prevents you from claiming that your BS is scientific.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#90241 May 23, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
You can only see thru your physical eyes, where Christians have 360 degree spiritual vision....something you cannot understand...today.
I do understand. What you are saying is that you have no evidence and you have to make up excuses. I can make up tons of BS about UFOs and space aliens and it would be every bit as valid. More so in fact, since technically speaking aliens are potentially falsifiable and verifiable, thus making them scientific.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#90242 May 23, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>This is real Dude. Repent and invite Jesus into your heart and life and you can have a home that will last forever on an Earth that is much better than this one. Just believe Jesus and he can forgive even you. Think about it please.
Still don't care Mikey.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#90243 May 23, 2013
HTS wrote:
Yes, but in so doing they are effectively denying either one of two things:
1. If they believe that only mutations and natural selection account for all life, they are denying that God directed the creation.
That is not a problem. God could quite easily have pressed the start button and let it rip.

"God's greatest miracle was that He could make life make itself!"
HTS wrote:
2. If they believe that God directed the transmutation of species, then they deny the proposed mechanisms of evolution as sufficient to explain life.
Technically speaking, yes. However many understand that their opinion is theological, not scientific. So they only have their own opinions that God is somehow responsible for guiding evolution.

Of course none of this has any bearing on the validity of science. After all, science and theology are two separate subjects. Unlike us, your interest is not in the former, only the latter.

Oh, and just to let you know, every time you keep saying the word "transmutation" to make it sound like you're talking about science you're really just sounding like a d ck.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#90244 May 23, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I am not a Christian. Christianity is idolatry and the purest form of Satan worship. Thru Jesus, Satan is worshipped as God, and that's all Satan (Adam) ever wanted. And you could say I do make things up. Most of my doctrine and theology is original, nobody has taught me. I am the author of the OT which is all made up and has a source and beginning. It's called creativity.
Yup. That's creativity alright!
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#90245 May 23, 2013
Libertarian wrote:
Considering our modern medical knowledge is based on the very same evidence as evolution then next time you are ill or injured then you shouldn't be using our 'anti-theist' doctors.
You should be taken to the nearest house of worship of your choice (if you're conscious) and prayed over.
As it was promised in the Bible that if God is in your heart you will get EVERYTHING you pray for you'll be fine. Although I would then question why you obviously haven't been praying for world peace etc.
Pray over a broken leg, see what happens.
I dont think my belief in evolution and science shouldnt be imposed on others so I would have to carefully consider whether to even phone an ambulance for someone who believes in a god rather than science. If their god exists he will help them.
You are talking about a matter of faith and knowing Jesus. We might not have that kind of faith here in this world, because of so much unbelief. The best medical remedies are the ones that work with the bodies own systems.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#90246 May 23, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>You're wrong and you know it, you're trying to deceive. I suggest you re evaluate your sources and try to tell the truth. It's really not that hard. Have you never heard that they found the ark exactly where the bible said it is, Mount Ararat?
We've heard it, yes. It's merely one of a number of different claims.

Unfortunately the authorities won't let anybody get close enough for a thorough examination of it. Terribly inconvenient.

Although a few people with a bunch of animals is hardly a revelation in my book.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#90247 May 23, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Jim Jones was a deranged, delusional, lunatic. He murdered a lot of innocent people. There have been a lot of Messiah wannabes, I can't figure out what draws people to them, the real Messiah is a woman but is not interested in starting a cult. She did that thousands of years ago with the family of Abraham. But the Messiah is a "voice crying in the wilderness" and is travailing in childbirth.
You claim your god is gonna come back and murder anybody who disagrees with your insane made up BS. It's just not called murder if God duz it. Because your god is a deranged delusional lunatic. You're not exactly much better.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#90248 May 23, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>How do you know the earth wasn't formed from water covered by a dome, like the Bible says?
Because it doesn't contain enough oxygen and hydrogen. And the collapsing dome would have sizzled the Earth too. But then WITH a dome there would have been no sunlight and everything would have died as a result.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#90249 May 23, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it doesn't contain enough oxygen and hydrogen. And the collapsing dome would have sizzled the Earth too. But then WITH a dome there would have been no sunlight and everything would have died as a result.
DIhydrogen monoxide was the base and it was made firm and the dome spread out over it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 25 min stray-cat 152,734
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 30 min stray-cat 421
Myths made reality bizarre claims made for anci... 43 min Manoj Tiwari 40
7 Teens Come Home Pregnant From School Trip 1 hr Joker 72
Top 5 Video Games Of All Time 1 hr Janny25hhl 1
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 2 hr Dave 25,833
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 2 hr Mega Monster 7,743
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 4 hr andet1987 26,736
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 6 hr andet1987 2,989
More from around the web