Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 220518 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

FREE SERVANT
#90245 May 23, 2013
Libertarian wrote:
Considering our modern medical knowledge is based on the very same evidence as evolution then next time you are ill or injured then you shouldn't be using our 'anti-theist' doctors.
You should be taken to the nearest house of worship of your choice (if you're conscious) and prayed over.
As it was promised in the Bible that if God is in your heart you will get EVERYTHING you pray for you'll be fine. Although I would then question why you obviously haven't been praying for world peace etc.
Pray over a broken leg, see what happens.
I dont think my belief in evolution and science shouldnt be imposed on others so I would have to carefully consider whether to even phone an ambulance for someone who believes in a god rather than science. If their god exists he will help them.
You are talking about a matter of faith and knowing Jesus. We might not have that kind of faith here in this world, because of so much unbelief. The best medical remedies are the ones that work with the bodies own systems.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#90246 May 23, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>You're wrong and you know it, you're trying to deceive. I suggest you re evaluate your sources and try to tell the truth. It's really not that hard. Have you never heard that they found the ark exactly where the bible said it is, Mount Ararat?
We've heard it, yes. It's merely one of a number of different claims.

Unfortunately the authorities won't let anybody get close enough for a thorough examination of it. Terribly inconvenient.

Although a few people with a bunch of animals is hardly a revelation in my book.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#90247 May 23, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Jim Jones was a deranged, delusional, lunatic. He murdered a lot of innocent people. There have been a lot of Messiah wannabes, I can't figure out what draws people to them, the real Messiah is a woman but is not interested in starting a cult. She did that thousands of years ago with the family of Abraham. But the Messiah is a "voice crying in the wilderness" and is travailing in childbirth.
You claim your god is gonna come back and murder anybody who disagrees with your insane made up BS. It's just not called murder if God duz it. Because your god is a deranged delusional lunatic. You're not exactly much better.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#90248 May 23, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>How do you know the earth wasn't formed from water covered by a dome, like the Bible says?
Because it doesn't contain enough oxygen and hydrogen. And the collapsing dome would have sizzled the Earth too. But then WITH a dome there would have been no sunlight and everything would have died as a result.
FREE SERVANT
#90249 May 23, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it doesn't contain enough oxygen and hydrogen. And the collapsing dome would have sizzled the Earth too. But then WITH a dome there would have been no sunlight and everything would have died as a result.
DIhydrogen monoxide was the base and it was made firm and the dome spread out over it.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#90250 May 23, 2013
Tyler Armstrong wrote:
Eveloution can't be true for more than one reason. if the big bang was true all planets would spin in the same direction. Explain this. How do you explain who created the world. Also say for the gun control in the us how would their be free will if their was no one to put it in us. Also how come monkeys now are not turning into humans? Huh?
That's a lot of stupid to pack into one post. I sense you will try to out do it with your next post... most likely under a different name

Location hidden

#90251 May 23, 2013
Zack Crossley wrote:
Charles Darwin was an original Christian who was mad at God because of his daughter's death. He also openly admitted in the origin of species that there was no way that the extremely complex human eye was not created without some sort of design.
LOL! Soooooo predictable.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#90252 May 23, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but in so doing they are effectively denying either one of two things:
1. If they believe that only mutations and natural selection account for all life, they are denying that God directed the creation.
2. If they believe that God directed the transmutation of species, then they deny the proposed mechanisms of evolution as sufficient to explain life.
You've left out the third:

3. If they believe that God directed the transmutation of species, then they believe that god used the proposed mechanisms of evolution as sufficient to explain life.

Location hidden

#90253 May 23, 2013
Tyler Armstrong wrote:
<quoted text> Still he had no right to take it out on our God.
Then, on cue, you reply to your previous sock puppet! Classic idiocy!!

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#90254 May 23, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>You're wrong and you know it, you're trying to deceive. I suggest you re evaluate your sources and try to tell the truth. It's really not that hard. Have you never heard that they found the ark exactly where the bible said it is, Mount Ararat?
{head/desk}

You're kidding, right? I mean, you don't seriously believe that they found the ark, do you?

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#90255 May 23, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>How do you know the earth wasn't formed from water covered by a dome, like the Bible says?
We call it 'science'. Ever hear of it?

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#90256 May 23, 2013
Libertarian wrote:
Considering our modern medical knowledge is based on the very same evidence as evolution then next time you are ill or injured then you shouldn't be using our 'anti-theist' doctors.
You should be taken to the nearest house of worship of your choice (if you're conscious) and prayed over.
As it was promised in the Bible that if God is in your heart you will get EVERYTHING you pray for you'll be fine. Although I would then question why you obviously haven't been praying for world peace etc.
Pray over a broken leg, see what happens.
I dont think my belief in evolution and science shouldnt be imposed on others so I would have to carefully consider whether to even phone an ambulance for someone who believes in a god rather than science. If their god exists he will help them.
I heard an interesting comment on talk radio yesterday. They were talking about the folks in Oklahoma who survived the tornado and were thanking god for saving them. The host of the show asked why god just didn't prevent the tornado in the first place.

Why indeed.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#90257 May 23, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! Soooooo predictable.
Really! Anybody see a quote-mine coming?
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#90258 May 23, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I do understand. What you are saying is that you have no evidence and you have to make up excuses. I can make up tons of BS about UFOs and space aliens and it would be every bit as valid. More so in fact, since technically speaking aliens are potentially falsifiable and verifiable, thus making them scientific.
All of God's people have evidence and you can too if you truly wanted it.

All you have to do is honestly pray and go to His church to connect with God, that is where He will be, for sure.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#90259 May 23, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>You should know that it means, even if your family trys to turn you against Jesus, you should choose him over them and if you don't, you are not his true follower.
That’s quite a case of Brainwashed you got going on there, FS.

In fact, that does kind of explain your choice of avatar, albeit being an oxymoron (you’re either free, or your not. Servants are not free, unless they have broken free of servitude.)

You should really consider a more appropriate avatar – instead of Servant, change it to Slave.
HTS

Sidney, MT

#90260 May 23, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Technically speaking, yes. However many understand that their opinion is theological, not scientific. So they only have their own opinions that God is somehow responsible for guiding evolution.
Of course none of this has any bearing on the validity of science. After all, science and theology are two separate subjects. Unlike us, your interest is not in the former, only the latter.
Oh, and just to let you know, every time you keep saying the word "transmutation" to make it sound like you're talking about science you're really just sounding like a d ck.(shrug)
If someone believes in theistic evolution, then why is there an empahtic insistence that naturalism can explain all of the complexities of nature, when there is silent disbelief?
HTS

Sidney, MT

#90261 May 23, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
You've left out the third:
3. If they believe that God directed the transmutation of species, then they believe that god used the proposed mechanisms of evolution as sufficient to explain life.
If proposed mechanisms of transmutation are sufficient, then there would be no need for God to "direct" anything.
FREE SERVANT
#90262 May 23, 2013
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
That&#8217;s quite a case of Brainwashed you got going on there, FS.
In fact, that does kind of explain your choice of avatar, albeit being an oxymoron (you&#8217;re either free, or your not. Servants are not free, unless they have broken free of servitude.)
You should really consider a more appropriate avatar &#8211; instead of Servant, change it to Slave.
I am free from the bad and commanded to do good.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#90263 May 23, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
If proposed mechanisms of transmutation are sufficient, then there would be no need for God to "direct" anything.
....and quite a few people feel that way.

Other folks ('Theisic Evolutionists') see those mechanisms of Evolution as part of 'God's toolkit' for imposing his will.

It really is not a difficult concept to envision.

Location hidden

#90265 May 23, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
All of God's people have evidence and you can too if you truly wanted it.
All you have to do is honestly pray and go to His church to connect with God, that is where He will be, for sure.
I thought he was everywhere all the time?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 3 min andet1987 32,691
News Brothers high on mushrooms fight naked 5 min Geno 6
2words into 2new words (May '12) 11 min andet1987 7,820
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 15 min Jennifer Renee 23,349
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 17 min andet1987 10,321
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 22 min andet1987 7,160
News Grieving father: 'I don't play Trump songs anym... 27 min andet1987 21
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 49 min Denny CranesPlace 73,302
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 51 min Denny CranesPlace 21,411
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr Princess Hey 213,021