Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
85,241 - 85,260 of 115,204 Comments Last updated 25 min ago
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#90188 May 22, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
This verse means
Whatever you want it to.

Just like the whole book.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#90189 May 22, 2013
Patriot wrote:
I will no longer address your foolish questions/assertions
You're saying you used to???

:-/
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#90190 May 22, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
It took me 75% of my life to finally answer God, although he began calling me at a very young age. I'm lucky I didn't die before I answered.
You still haven't.

You're still a liar for Jesus.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#90191 May 22, 2013
Patriot wrote:
I am taking hiatus
Phew, THANK GOD!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#90192 May 22, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
"Deadly"?
For whom?
Didn't you know she's the Messiah? Be afraid...

At least if you actually come into personal contact then actually that's good advice.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#90193 May 22, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>Morals are absolute and GOD does not change James 1:17. Heb 13:8. 1 Peter 1:25
Then good news, you're still okay to shag your sister.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#90194 May 22, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
You will be shocked, shocked to find out that God is nothing at all like you expected, and doesn't really wanna spend eternity with humans at all. And you'll end up six feet under believing you're an atheist.(shrug)
Quite ironic wouldn't you say?
The difference between you and me is that I already know what to expect, I've already had spiritual truth shown to me...you haven't...so it is you that is playing 'Russian Roulette'.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#90195 May 22, 2013
Tyler Armstrong wrote:
Eveloution can't be true for more than one reason. if the big bang was true all planets would spin in the same direction. Explain this.
Simple. You're wrong.

After all it is pretty dumb to claim biology is wrong because the Big Bang. One might think you couldn't tell the difference between biology and physics.
Tyler Armstrong wrote:
How do you explain who created the world.
The Cosmic Sheep from Dimension Zog.
Tyler Armstrong wrote:
Also say for the gun control in the us how would their be free will if their was no one to put it in us.
Free will is non-existence under the axiom of a God.
Tyler Armstrong wrote:
Also how come monkeys now are not turning into humans? Huh?
Because that would be a violation of nested hierarchies and would falsify evolution.

So to argue against evolution you've used Big Bang, why are there still monkeys, and Goddidit with magic. Your next most powerful argument will be How Do You Know Where You There, and then it's all downhill for you from there.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#90196 May 22, 2013
Zack Crossley wrote:
Charles Darwin was an original Christian who was mad at God because of his daughter's death. He also openly admitted in the origin of species that there was no way that the extremely complex human eye was not created without some sort of design.
I congratulate you for lying for Jesus or getting your info from liars for Jesus.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#90197 May 22, 2013
Tyler Armstrong wrote:
<quoted text> Still he had no right to take it out on our God.
Sockpuppets talking to themselves is not a great indicator of intelligence.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#90198 May 22, 2013
HTS wrote:
There are many professed scientists who go around saying that evolution disproves God.
And others who don't.

However the FACT of the matter is that the theory of evolution makes no theological claims whatsoever.

Your whining never changes this fact.
HTS wrote:
You are guzzling evo-koolaid. The disclaimer that God is compatible with Darwinism is made oly for purposes of political correctness.
No, it's made simply because some people believe in God and accept evolution. It's YOUR claim that God is incapable of evolution. In which case I would very much like to know how you were able to determine God's limits in an objective manner via the scientific method. You can start by demonstrating its existence first.

I sincerely believe Jesus will come back before you ever make a coherent case.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#90199 May 22, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
I was merely refuting the statement, "No scientist goes around saying "evolution disproves god."
That is clearly not the case.
Indeed. The theory of evolution makes no theological claims whatsoever.

Just as spherical Earth theory doesn't either.

It's not OUR fault when you flat-Earthers complain that reality conflicts with your baseless theological opinions.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#90200 May 22, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no concept of science to make such an asinine statement. It is "clear and compelling" that all proposed mechanisms of evolution are biologically impossible.
You have not been able to demonstrate such due to your complete and total lack of scientific knowledge whatsoever and your inherent constant tendency to lie like hell.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#90201 May 22, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny, that is exactly what I tell Darwinist.
Except you and I know that you are the one who has to lie.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#90202 May 22, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference between you and me is that I already know what to expect, I've already had spiritual truth shown to me...you haven't...so it is you that is playing 'Russian Roulette'.
Come to Topix and witness fundie Pascal fail every day!
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#90203 May 22, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I can live with that. It still renders the flood irrelevant.
I don't think the death of mankind was irrelevant. God was recreating the earth and the human life contained in it. The flood story is a universal one and we can all trace our ancestors back to the three sons of Noah.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#90204 May 22, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are a christian terrorist. Great, you admitted it on an open forum for the world to see, now the FBI can track you and arrest you. Gitmo is still open.
You worship Satan and you're projecting. You don't even get what religion I am. And the CIA can overrule the FBI, they've been watching me since 1969 after the "crucifixion". "I will not fear what flesh can do unto me". You are really full of hate.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#90205 May 22, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think the death of mankind was irrelevant. God was recreating the earth and the human life contained in it. The flood story is a universal one and we can all trace our ancestors back to the three sons of Noah.
Seriously? The Noah myth AGAIN?
Don't you hate it when people keep going on when their first three words sum up their post?
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#90206 May 22, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. There are no verses that support your statement. Please notice he said "until heaven and Earth pass away". Now I don't know about heaven, but Earth definitely has not passed away.
You are starting to grasp. Keep trying.
That means that Jesus will fulfill the prophecies of the OT with His death, burial, and resurrection (prophecy fulfilled)

The OT prophecied to the first coming of Jesus Christ and He came (prophecy fulfilled)

PLUS...

The heavens and earth will not pass away until all OT prophecies are fulfilled thru the Book of Revelation. If you read Daniel, Isaiah, and other OT books where the Prophets have visions & knowledge given to them from God, you can match up many of those to the happenings in Revelation, the last book of the NT, the end time prophecies.

In Revelation, Jesus is the judge and jury and has control over these activities that come before the earth and heavens pass away.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#90207 May 22, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Come to Topix and witness fundie Pascal fail every day!
You can only see thru your physical eyes, where Christians have 360 degree spiritual vision....something you cannot understand...today.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 1 min Princess Hey 5,884
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 4 min Princess Hey 1,268
Only Three Word (Nov '09) 7 min Princess Hey 11,521
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 10 min Princess Hey 6,824
Word Association (Mar '10) 12 min Princess Hey 15,983
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 14 min tiger_-_dad 137,487
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 15 min Princess Hey 28,492
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 15 min yTubeNews 145,163
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 17 min -Lea- 18,558
Fergson Police Dept. 1 hr beatlesinthebog 362
What's your tip for the day? 1 hr beatlesinthebog 802
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••