Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
85,221 - 85,240 of 113,003 Comments Last updated 6 hrs ago
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

centereach ny wrote:
<quoted text>prove it actually happened. because you can
The Shroud.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

centereach ny wrote:
that last post should have read:

prove it actually happened because you can't
No you were right with the first post.
We can prove it.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>You should know that it means, even if your family trys to turn you against Jesus, you should choose him over them and if you don't, you are not his true follower.
That's what the Nazis said.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
The Shroud.
[/QUOTE]13th century.
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Human life at the time of Noah was confined to the middle east and fertile crescent. The purpose of the flood was to kill mankind and it was a vast but localized flood. Only the animals indigenous to that part of the world were included on the ark.
That's all the proof I need. There is a god.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you were there and witnessed the whole thing. Thank you for confirming that God lied to us all in Genesis.
Warming pews ovbiously lowers ones IQ to a number lower than ones shoe size.
BIBLEGOD: Gen. 6:17 says, "I do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and everything that is in the earth shall die."
Gen. 7:4 "...and every substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth."
I just love it susanblange when you call God a liar and say the Bible is completely wrong. Your version however is worse than lies and nonsense. How long have you been divorced from reality?
I wish you had your own TV show, Looney Tunes or something, where you could show the world why warming pews is detrimental to ones mental health.
No question about it, we have got to up your meds.
So you concede that the bible is the word of God and is inerrantly perfect? That's a switch. I do not hold the same beliefs, the bible was written by men and also over the process of time could have been corrupted. So, yes, I am advising you believe me and not the bible. You got it straight from the horses mouth.
Patriot

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Free Servant, I was reading a little while ago and came across something of interest to you and our athiest "friends" . Paul wrote to Timothy in 1 Tim 6:20 "...keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings and OPPOSITIONS OF SCIENCE FALSELY SO CALLED." It shows back in the day ones tried far fetched speculations to deny the faith. Those in large part belonged to the Gnostnics.I just consider the ones on here to be in the same class of folks. I am taking hiatus, take care and good luck! God Bless!
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, considering your observation is true that there was indeed an an ark, and only animals indigenous to that specific area at that time were chosen, how did the rest of the animals currently on the planet come to be?
Evolution perhaps?
They were never all killed/drowned. There was both creation and evolution. All the species of animals were created during the first "week" and have been evolving thru process of time. The earth was renewed 42,000 years ago but is actually much older.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
So you agree it was a story?
You can call it a story. It's actually a parable and will be the parable the Messiah expounds at her trial. In it's present form, it's not perfectly clear.
Patriot

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, where does it say that the OT is no longer in effect?
In fact Jesus said exactly the opposite.
http://biblia.com/bible/nasb95/Matthew%205.17...
"Matthew 5:17–20
17 “Do not think that I came to abolish the aLaw or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill.
18 “For truly I say to you, auntil heaven and earth pass away, not 1the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished.
19 “Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches 1others to do the same, shall be called least ain the kingdom of heaven; but whoever 2keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20 “For I say to you that unless your arighteousness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven."
So it looks like according to these verses if you rape somebodies daughter you can get out of the crime by paying her father a fee and marrying her. I bet that is a load off of your mind. No need to go through any more failed dates. Of course the young women might not appreciate that law too much, but meh, if she is a Christian she will understand. Right?
Jesus fulfilled the law. there are many places which state the old is no longer in effect, here are acouple. Heb 8:6-13, Heb 9:15-17 Heb 7:12. If you read Heb chaps 8-10 that is a good run down. Gal 3:16-27, it states who the old law was given, how long it was to last and we are no longer under it.(V 24-25 plainly states)
Elohim

Branford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Patriot wrote:
Free Servant, I was reading a little while ago and came across something of interest to you and our athiest "friends" . Paul wrote to Timothy in 1 Tim 6:20 "...keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings and OPPOSITIONS OF SCIENCE FALSELY SO CALLED." It shows back in the day ones tried far fetched speculations to deny the faith. Those in large part belonged to the Gnostnics.I just consider the ones on here to be in the same class of folks. I am taking hiatus, take care and good luck! God Bless!
Xians.....Keeping the 1st mindset alive and well.
Patriot

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

I forgot to add in last post in answer to Matt 5:17-20 was there was where Christ fulfilled the law and it was remain until he fulfilled it and that he did. Of the 300+(I think exact # is 313) the prophecies in OT about him he fulfilled them all.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus fulfilled the law. there are many places which state the old is no longer in effect, here are acouple. Heb 8:6-13, Heb 9:15-17 Heb 7:12. If you read Heb chaps 8-10 that is a good run down. Gal 3:16-27, it states who the old law was given, how long it was to last and we are no longer under it.(V 24-25 plainly states)
So then your morals are not absolute nor is your god unchanging.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>They were never all killed/drowned. There was both creation and evolution. All the species of animals were created during the first "week" and have been evolving thru process of time. The earth was renewed 42,000 years ago but is actually much older.
And the girasas?
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Patriot wrote:
Agreed.

God Bless

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
A-Myth doesn't really know much so he try's to just play the mock card.
A-Myth got any sixes? I'm betting he's holding 3.
[/QUOTE]
The number of the beast isn't six six six, but I got any number of numbers you want. The 666 is a assumption made superstition.

Here you can sing along.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7ci6_iron-m...

But it's just a marketing ploy.
If there is a number of the beast ,you could count it by it's senses.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Matthew 5:17–20
17 “Do not think that I came to abolish the aLaw or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill.
18 “For truly I say to you, auntil heaven and earth pass away, not 1the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished.
Jesus "FULFILLED" and "ACCOMPLISHED" the Prophecies under the law when he died, was buried and raised again. This new covenant meant that sins would be forgiven (covered from the Father's eyes) for the saved, who accepted Christ as the Son of God.
20 “For I say to you that unless your arighteousness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven."
The scribes and pharisees were like todays lawless politicians, unethical judges and crooked lawyers, full of pride and out for one thing, money, not faith.
Wrong. There are no verses that support your statement. Please notice he said "until heaven and Earth pass away". Now I don't know about heaven, but Earth definitely has not passed away.

You are starting to grasp. Keep trying.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Patriot wrote:
I forgot to add in last post in answer to Matt 5:17-20 was there was where Christ fulfilled the law and it was remain until he fulfilled it and that he did. Of the 300+(I think exact # is 313) the prophecies in OT about him he fulfilled them all.
Actually no. Part of the "Jesus story" was written by people who were fairly familiar with the OT prophecies so certain prophecies were "fulfilled" by the authors. For example Jesus was not called "Emmanuel". One verse claims that he was. Yet everywhere else he is called Jesus. That was a ham fisted attempt by the author to "fulfill" a prophesy. And the so called fulfilling of prophecy causes occasional contradictions in the NT where one writer writes one detail and another a different one. Each trying to fulfill prophecies that never came true.

Level 3

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>You should know that it means, even if your family trys to turn you against Jesus, you should choose him over them and if you don't, you are not his true follower.
A similar sentiment is often expressed by cult leaders.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Patriot wrote:
May God Bless you and God Bless America!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••