Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 216597 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#90205 May 22, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think the death of mankind was irrelevant. God was recreating the earth and the human life contained in it. The flood story is a universal one and we can all trace our ancestors back to the three sons of Noah.
Seriously? The Noah myth AGAIN?
Don't you hate it when people keep going on when their first three words sum up their post?
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#90206 May 22, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. There are no verses that support your statement. Please notice he said "until heaven and Earth pass away". Now I don't know about heaven, but Earth definitely has not passed away.
You are starting to grasp. Keep trying.
That means that Jesus will fulfill the prophecies of the OT with His death, burial, and resurrection (prophecy fulfilled)

The OT prophecied to the first coming of Jesus Christ and He came (prophecy fulfilled)

PLUS...

The heavens and earth will not pass away until all OT prophecies are fulfilled thru the Book of Revelation. If you read Daniel, Isaiah, and other OT books where the Prophets have visions & knowledge given to them from God, you can match up many of those to the happenings in Revelation, the last book of the NT, the end time prophecies.

In Revelation, Jesus is the judge and jury and has control over these activities that come before the earth and heavens pass away.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#90207 May 22, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Come to Topix and witness fundie Pascal fail every day!
You can only see thru your physical eyes, where Christians have 360 degree spiritual vision....something you cannot understand...today.
FREE SERVANT
#90208 May 22, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
(ahem)
Um, excuse me Mikey, but only The Dude abides forever.
Abide with me.
This is real Dude. Repent and invite Jesus into your heart and life and you can have a home that will last forever on an Earth that is much better than this one. Just believe Jesus and he can forgive even you. Think about it please.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#90209 May 22, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
You can only see thru your physical eyes, where Christians have 360 degree spiritual vision....something you cannot understand...today.
I can understand belief in God. I can find wisdom in the Bible. But I don't understand people like you. You want to repeat history, but you aren't intelligent enough to realize it.

You might want to get into a good psychotherapy group.
KJV

United States

#90210 May 22, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
So you believe that all that is and all that ever was came from NOTHING exploding?
Just weird. "

Expanding.
You could call it weird, I find it considerably less fantastical than most of the creation myths. You think that the entire universe was created so that sheep herders could worship God from a near infinitely obscure ball of dirt? You have no concept of scale whatsoever.
Weird!

You talk about sheep herders and leave off the wise men who left their rich palaces to ride for months or even years on camels to worship God.

Not slanted at all. NOT.

You're a failure.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#90211 May 22, 2013
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
Weird!
You talk about sheep herders and leave off the wise men who left their rich palaces to ride for months or even years on camels to worship God.
Not slanted at all. NOT.
You're a failure.[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about? The bogus nativity story?

Please that fails on so many levels it is not even funny.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#90212 May 22, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously? The Noah myth AGAIN?
Don't you hate it when people keep going on when their first three words sum up their post?
I think, therefore I AM. I was replying to someone else.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#90213 May 22, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>You worship Satan and you're projecting. You don't even get what religion I am. And the CIA can overrule the FBI, they've been watching me since 1969 after the "crucifixion". "I will not fear what flesh can do unto me". You are really full of hate.
Okay, so you're just one of those insane conspiracy nuts who are also christian. More than gullible, in other words, you just want to make it all up yourself.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#90214 May 22, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
I was merely refuting the statement, "No scientist goes around saying "evolution disproves god."
That is clearly not the case.
Which I actually agree with you on.
Science, including the Theory of Evolution makes NO claim on the viability -- or lack thereof -- for a Supreme Being.

Sorry Timn. HTS is correct on this one.

Which renders your previous post an opinion stated by one man.

OTHER men, with equal scientific credentials, make similarly compelling statements expressing THEIR opinion about THEIR belief in a Christian God.

Which means you WOULD agree that there are a great many pious Christians (and folks of other faiths) that *DO* reconcile the Theory of Evolution with their faith.

Right?
HTS

Mandan, ND

#90215 May 22, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Which I actually agree with you on.
Science, including the Theory of Evolution makes NO claim on the viability -- or lack thereof -- for a Supreme Being.
Sorry Timn. HTS is correct on this one.
Which renders your previous post an opinion stated by one man.
OTHER men, with equal scientific credentials, make similarly compelling statements expressing THEIR opinion about THEIR belief in a Christian God.
Which means you WOULD agree that there are a great many pious Christians (and folks of other faiths) that *DO* reconcile the Theory of Evolution with their faith.
Right?
Yes, but in so doing they are effectively denying either one of two things:

1. If they believe that only mutations and natural selection account for all life, they are denying that God directed the creation.
2. If they believe that God directed the transmutation of species, then they deny the proposed mechanisms of evolution as sufficient to explain life.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#90216 May 22, 2013
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
Weird!
Not slanted at all. NOT.
You're a failure.[/QUOTE]

YOU talk about slanted? ROFL!!! Failure? I'll bet you even think the entire globe was flooded 4,500 years ago.
You jumped a few thousand years between Genesis day one and year one AD. The Magi are absolutely irrelevant, Failure. I said creation mythS are weird - plural, not just the Abrahamic one.
BTW, humans domesticated sheep 10,000 years ago and we are still herding them - and still on the same obscure ball of mud, except now we have quads and dirt bikes.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#90217 May 22, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I think, therefore I AM. I was replying to someone else.
Descartes did, but do you?
Is there any shred of evidence outside of the Bible for a flood that submerged the mountains under the entire heavens? Nope. Is there any shred of evidence in the diversification of the biosphere that indicates a global genetic bottleneck within the history of man? Nope. Is there any shred of evidence that all of mankind except for 4 related couples was eliminated 4,300+/- years ago? Nope.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#90218 May 22, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, so you're just one of those insane conspiracy nuts who are also christian. More than gullible, in other words, you just want to make it all up yourself.
I am not a Christian. Christianity is idolatry and the purest form of Satan worship. Thru Jesus, Satan is worshipped as God, and that's all Satan (Adam) ever wanted. And you could say I do make things up. Most of my doctrine and theology is original, nobody has taught me. I am the author of the OT which is all made up and has a source and beginning. It's called creativity.

“Jon Snow”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

The King in the Nor±h

#90219 May 22, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I am not a Christian. Christianity is idolatry and the purest form of Satan worship. Thru Jesus, Satan is worshipped as God, and that's all Satan (Adam) ever wanted. And you could say I do make things up. Most of my doctrine and theology is original, nobody has taught me. I am the author of the OT which is all made up and has a source and beginning. It's called creativity.

You know... Jim Jones did the same thing!
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#90220 May 22, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Descartes did, but do you?
Is there any shred of evidence outside of the Bible for a flood that submerged the mountains under the entire heavens? Nope. Is there any shred of evidence in the diversification of the biosphere that indicates a global genetic bottleneck within the history of man? Nope. Is there any shred of evidence that all of mankind except for 4 related couples was eliminated 4,300+/- years ago? Nope.
You're wrong and you know it, you're trying to deceive. I suggest you re evaluate your sources and try to tell the truth. It's really not that hard. Have you never heard that they found the ark exactly where the bible said it is, Mount Ararat?
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#90221 May 22, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You know... Jim Jones did the same thing!
Jim Jones was a deranged, delusional, lunatic. He murdered a lot of innocent people. There have been a lot of Messiah wannabes, I can't figure out what draws people to them, the real Messiah is a woman but is not interested in starting a cult. She did that thousands of years ago with the family of Abraham. But the Messiah is a "voice crying in the wilderness" and is travailing in childbirth.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#90222 May 22, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>You're wrong and you know it, you're trying to deceive. I suggest you re evaluate your sources and try to tell the truth. It's really not that hard. Have you never heard that they found the ark exactly where the bible said it is, Mount Ararat?
Right...
Meanwhile, there is fact and CONCLUSIVE evidence. Cities that have been continuously occupied, no complete collapse of the oxygen producing flora, consistent genetic diversity among every species (including man), tree ring data, complete lack of sedimentary evidence and salt water intrusions, deserts that have not seen significant rainfall in thousands of years - the lists go on and on. I'm sorry lady, the truth is NOT my fault.

“Jon Snow”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

The King in the Nor±h

#90223 May 22, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Jim Jones was a deranged, delusional, lunatic. He murdered a lot of innocent people. There have been a lot of Messiah wannabes, I can't figure out what draws people to them, the real Messiah is a woman but is not interested in starting a cult. She did that thousands of years ago with the family of Abraham. But the Messiah is a "voice crying in the wilderness" and is travailing in childbirth.

She's back and is going to beat them up.

susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#90224 May 22, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Right...
Meanwhile, there is fact and CONCLUSIVE evidence. Cities that have been continuously occupied, no complete collapse of the oxygen producing flora, consistent genetic diversity among every species (including man), tree ring data, complete lack of sedimentary evidence and salt water intrusions, deserts that have not seen significant rainfall in thousands of years - the lists go on and on. I'm sorry lady, the truth is NOT my fault.
Just so we're on the same page, you know I don't believe the flood was worldwide, it was a vast but local flood and it's purpose was to kill mankind. People were confined to the middle east and fertile crescent.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 1 min Princess Hey 148,372
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 11 min Sam 66,968
News Weird substance discovered in new A 5 notes - a... 11 min Knock off purse s... 21
Words "with more than one meaning" (Sep '12) 14 min Old Sam 504
Start a sentence in alphabetical order.. 14 min Princess Hey 1,544
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 22 min liam cul8r 1,446
How's your weather today? (Mar '12) 25 min Crazy Beautiful 6,007
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 40 min T Bone 206,689
News Trump's bizarre claim that the Clinton email co... 1 hr John Schanahan 945
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 2 hr Suezanne 10,552
More from around the web