Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#90130 May 22, 2013
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
So you agree it was a story?
You can call it a story. It's actually a parable and will be the parable the Messiah expounds at her trial. In it's present form, it's not perfectly clear.
Patriot

Antioch, TN

#90131 May 22, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, where does it say that the OT is no longer in effect?
In fact Jesus said exactly the opposite.
http://biblia.com/bible/nasb95/Matthew%205.17...
"Matthew 5:17–20
17 “Do not think that I came to abolish the aLaw or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill.
18 “For truly I say to you, auntil heaven and earth pass away, not 1the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished.
19 “Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches 1others to do the same, shall be called least ain the kingdom of heaven; but whoever 2keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20 “For I say to you that unless your arighteousness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven."
So it looks like according to these verses if you rape somebodies daughter you can get out of the crime by paying her father a fee and marrying her. I bet that is a load off of your mind. No need to go through any more failed dates. Of course the young women might not appreciate that law too much, but meh, if she is a Christian she will understand. Right?
Jesus fulfilled the law. there are many places which state the old is no longer in effect, here are acouple. Heb 8:6-13, Heb 9:15-17 Heb 7:12. If you read Heb chaps 8-10 that is a good run down. Gal 3:16-27, it states who the old law was given, how long it was to last and we are no longer under it.(V 24-25 plainly states)
Elohim

Branford, CT

#90132 May 22, 2013
Patriot wrote:
Free Servant, I was reading a little while ago and came across something of interest to you and our athiest "friends" . Paul wrote to Timothy in 1 Tim 6:20 "...keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings and OPPOSITIONS OF SCIENCE FALSELY SO CALLED." It shows back in the day ones tried far fetched speculations to deny the faith. Those in large part belonged to the Gnostnics.I just consider the ones on here to be in the same class of folks. I am taking hiatus, take care and good luck! God Bless!
Xians.....Keeping the 1st mindset alive and well.
Patriot

Antioch, TN

#90133 May 22, 2013
I forgot to add in last post in answer to Matt 5:17-20 was there was where Christ fulfilled the law and it was remain until he fulfilled it and that he did. Of the 300+(I think exact # is 313) the prophecies in OT about him he fulfilled them all.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#90134 May 22, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus fulfilled the law. there are many places which state the old is no longer in effect, here are acouple. Heb 8:6-13, Heb 9:15-17 Heb 7:12. If you read Heb chaps 8-10 that is a good run down. Gal 3:16-27, it states who the old law was given, how long it was to last and we are no longer under it.(V 24-25 plainly states)
So then your morals are not absolute nor is your god unchanging.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#90135 May 22, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>They were never all killed/drowned. There was both creation and evolution. All the species of animals were created during the first "week" and have been evolving thru process of time. The earth was renewed 42,000 years ago but is actually much older.
And the girasas?
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#90136 May 22, 2013
Patriot wrote:
Free Servant, I was reading a little while ago and came across something of interest to you and our athiest "friends" . Paul wrote to Timothy in 1 Tim 6:20 "...keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings and OPPOSITIONS OF SCIENCE FALSELY SO CALLED." It shows back in the day ones tried far fetched speculations to deny the faith. Those in large part belonged to the Gnostnics.I just consider the ones on here to be in the same class of folks. I am taking hiatus, take care and good luck! God Bless!
Agreed.

God Bless

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#90137 May 22, 2013
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
A-Myth doesn't really know much so he try's to just play the mock card.
A-Myth got any sixes? I'm betting he's holding 3.
[/QUOTE]
The number of the beast isn't six six six, but I got any number of numbers you want. The 666 is a assumption made superstition.

Here you can sing along.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7ci6_iron-m...

But it's just a marketing ploy.
If there is a number of the beast ,you could count it by it's senses.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#90138 May 22, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Matthew 5:17–20
17 “Do not think that I came to abolish the aLaw or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill.
18 “For truly I say to you, auntil heaven and earth pass away, not 1the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished.
Jesus "FULFILLED" and "ACCOMPLISHED" the Prophecies under the law when he died, was buried and raised again. This new covenant meant that sins would be forgiven (covered from the Father's eyes) for the saved, who accepted Christ as the Son of God.
20 “For I say to you that unless your arighteousness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven."
The scribes and pharisees were like todays lawless politicians, unethical judges and crooked lawyers, full of pride and out for one thing, money, not faith.
Wrong. There are no verses that support your statement. Please notice he said "until heaven and Earth pass away". Now I don't know about heaven, but Earth definitely has not passed away.

You are starting to grasp. Keep trying.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#90139 May 22, 2013
Patriot wrote:
I forgot to add in last post in answer to Matt 5:17-20 was there was where Christ fulfilled the law and it was remain until he fulfilled it and that he did. Of the 300+(I think exact # is 313) the prophecies in OT about him he fulfilled them all.
Actually no. Part of the "Jesus story" was written by people who were fairly familiar with the OT prophecies so certain prophecies were "fulfilled" by the authors. For example Jesus was not called "Emmanuel". One verse claims that he was. Yet everywhere else he is called Jesus. That was a ham fisted attempt by the author to "fulfill" a prophesy. And the so called fulfilling of prophecy causes occasional contradictions in the NT where one writer writes one detail and another a different one. Each trying to fulfill prophecies that never came true.

Level 3

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#90140 May 22, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>You should know that it means, even if your family trys to turn you against Jesus, you should choose him over them and if you don't, you are not his true follower.
A similar sentiment is often expressed by cult leaders.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#90141 May 22, 2013
Patriot wrote:
May God Bless you and God Bless America!
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#90142 May 22, 2013
Patriot wrote:
Jesus fulfilled NO messianic prophecies. You are counting verses and taking them out of context. If people counted prophecy the way you do, we've all fulfilled the bible. There is not a single prophecy that Jesus fulfilled, name ONE?
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#90143 May 22, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>That's what the Nazis said.
Who are the ones now days trying to call anyone who doesn't think Evolution is right unstable and a danger to everyone around them? Sounds like something a large cult would do to aquire control of people. Just sayin
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#90144 May 22, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
And the girasas?
That is not a word, what do you mean? If you're trying to tick me off, its working and deadly.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#90145 May 22, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>A similar sentiment is often expressed by cult leaders.
I meant to post to you and replied to Mac, but it is the same thing you guys are doing when you liken Christians to Nazies and cults just to try and control peoples thinking and convince everyone there is no God, your leaders are telling you to promote a lie.
KJV

United States

#90146 May 22, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
A-Myth doesn't really know much so he try's to just play the mock card.
A-Myth got any sixes? I'm betting he's holding 3.
"

The number of the beast isn't six six six, but I got any number of numbers you want. The 666 is a assumption made superstition.

Here you can sing along.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7ci6_iron-m...

But it's just a marketing ploy.
If there is a number of the beast ,you could count it by it's senses.
I know but the joke would not have worked very well with 615 or what ever.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#90147 May 22, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>That is not a word, what do you mean? If you're trying to tick me off, its working and deadly.
"Deadly"?

For whom?
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#90148 May 22, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
"Deadly"?
For whom?
Psalm 2:12 "Kiss the Son lest he be angry and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little"

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#90149 May 22, 2013
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
So you believe that all that is and all that ever was came from NOTHING exploding?
Just weird.[/QUOTE]

Expanding.
You could call it weird, I find it considerably less fantastical than most of the creation myths. You think that the entire universe was created so that sheep herders could worship God from a near infinitely obscure ball of dirt? You have no concept of scale whatsoever.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 22 min whatimeisit 7,861
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 1 hr mr goodwrench 138,434
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr CJ Rocker 152,928
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 1 hr -Lea- 26,057
OFFBEAT.keepAword.DropAword.2011edition (Oct '11) 1 hr Stormare 17,960
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 1 hr Stormare 77,712
Words That End With...E R (Jul '12) 1 hr Stormare 96
Is it possible to....... 4 hr Old Sam 620
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 5 hr TALLYHO 8541 37,800
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 5 hr dragoon70056 3,051