Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
85,161 - 85,180 of 114,805 Comments Last updated 16 min ago

Level 3

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Of all of your aimless evo-babbling, that is one of the most asinine things you have said.
In essence' you're declaring,, "Man is, therefore he evolved from a microbe"
And this you call "science"?
You're nothing but a simplistic-minded atheist who is drunk on his own arrogance.
In the absence of any evidence for a deity, our existence is in fact proof that we got here *somehow.*
Patriot

Antioch, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such a liar. What do Jesus/God tell us?
Romans 14:14,[MARY] "There is nothing un-natural of itself."
Homosexuality is not un-natural, it is natural.
Matt. 18:19-20,[GW] "I can guarantee again that if two of you agree on anything here on earth, my Father in heaven will accept it.
Jesus guarantees AGAIN that if gay sex is consensual God accepts it.
Ecclesiastes 3:1, "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:"
God even tells us that there is a time for homosexuality and a season for sodomy.
All of the above cancels out those 6 INTENTIONALLY mis-translated verses pew warming bigots love to trot out while convieniently ignoring the other 33,000 that applies to themselves.
And what about the O.T. laws that are conveniently ignored, but of equal weight? Biblicists act as if many did not exist. The following examples are typical:
•(a) Money cannot be lent at interest to your brother, only to foreigners (Deut. 23:19-20);
•(b) Eating pork is forbidden (Deut. 14:8);
•(c) A man must marry and have relations with his dead brother's wife (Deut. 25:5-6);
•(d) A seducer must marry an unengaged virgin whom he seduces (Ex. 22:16-17);
•(e) A raped, unengaged virgin must marry her rapist and they can never divorce (Deut. 22:28-29);
•(f) Trials for adultery are to be by ordeal (Num. 5:28-29);
•(g) Eating rare meat with blood is forbidden (Lev. 19:26);
•(h) Beards can't be rounded (Lev. 19:27);
•(i) A newly married man can't go to war or be charged with business for one year (Deut. 24:5);
•(j) A guilty man can be beaten with as many as forty blows (Deut. 25:1-3);
•(k) A garment composed of wool and linen can't be worn (Deut. 22:11);
•(l) Punishment shall be administered on the basis of an eye for an eye (Deut. 19:21, Ex. 21:24);
•(m) One's nation can lend to other nations but not borrow from them (Deut. 15:6);
•(n) Bastards can't enter the Lord's congregation (Deut. 23:2);
•(o) First-born children should sometimes be sacrificed to the Lord (Ex. 22:29); and
•(p) Debtor brothers shall be released from their obligation every seven years (Deut. 15:1-3).
All of these rules are part of the Old Covenant and of equal importance.
take a peek at Romans 1:24-28 where it is unnatural and called the gay affections VILE. Also I mind you the OT is no longer in effect. Before you call names you need to do your home work pal
Patriot

Antioch, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Even after seeing an error right in front of your very own eyes which disqualifies the Bible as a reliable source you still return to that source AS IF it has some authority.
That is insanity.
All that matters is that the Bible is in error listing the bat in with a long list of birds. You trust a book to inform you about life while the book is unreliable and full of errors; you can NOT trust the Bible. Doing so makes you an idiot.
The word reverend is only listed once in the Bible and it is associated with God's name. Christ comdemned lofty titles, you may want to change your "handle" for the forum. I have forgotten more about scripture than you will ever know. I will no longer address your foolish questions/assertions
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Interestingly enough, according to the Bible no biblicist is a Christian because none abide in Christ. Since none abide in Christ, how anyone can ever be saved becomes a logical question. Why can't people abide in Christ? Because everyone commits anti-social behavior, or what biblicists refer to as sin, and that excludes them summarily:
"Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him" (1 John 3:6),
"No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God" (1 John 3:9 NIV),
"We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin, the one who was born of God keeps him safe, and the evil one does not touch him" (1 John 5:18 NIV).
Obviously, then, no one has ever been born of God since all biblicists continue to sin, regardless. Until someone can demonstrate sinless perfection, abiding in Christ remains illusory.
And to make matters even worse from the biblicist's perspective, James 2:10 NIV says, "For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it." Also note Matt. 5:19. Since every believer repeatedly stumbles on one point or another, all believers are equally immoral. In other words, while John alleges that any sin obviates any possibility of one abiding in Christ, James asserts everyone commits the most heinous of acts.
RA: James 2:10 NIV says, "For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it."

I: This 'law' is in the old testiment covenant. The new testiment has a new covenant, with Jesus' blood covering our sins, the Holy Spirit indwelling the believers and covering our sins from the Father's eyes.

RA: Also note Matt. 5:19. Since every believer repeatedly stumbles on one point or another, all believers are equally immoral. In other words, while John alleges that any sin obviates any possibility of one abiding in Christ, James asserts everyone commits the most heinous of acts.

I: Every single person on earth is born a sinner, an unbeliever. The only way to be sinless in the Eyes of the Father is to receive the Holy Spirit (meaning, being born again, of the Spirit this time) We were once born of the flesh (meaning being born physically) but to live with God forever (love, joy, security, happiness) you MUST be born again spiritually...you must. If not you will DIE forever with only evil around you. Imagine today if there were no law, police, hospitals, judges to control all of the evil around us. That is what hell will be like, lawlessness uncontrolled, eternal suffering without God, means existing forever without any "GOOD" thing around you.

It took me 75% of my life to finally answer God, although he began calling me at a very young age. I'm lucky I didn't die before I answered.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>take a peek at Romans 1:24-28 where it is unnatural and called the gay affections VILE. Also I mind you the OT is no longer in effect. Before you call names you need to do your home work pal
Really, where does it say that the OT is no longer in effect?

In fact Jesus said exactly the opposite.

http://biblia.com/bible/nasb95/Matthew%205.17...

"Matthew 5:17–20
17 “Do not think that I came to abolish the aLaw or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill.
18 “For truly I say to you, auntil heaven and earth pass away, not 1the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished.
19 “Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches 1others to do the same, shall be called least ain the kingdom of heaven; but whoever 2keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20 “For I say to you that unless your arighteousness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven."

So it looks like according to these verses if you rape somebodies daughter you can get out of the crime by paying her father a fee and marrying her. I bet that is a load off of your mind. No need to go through any more failed dates. Of course the young women might not appreciate that law too much, but meh, if she is a Christian she will understand. Right?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Luke meant that you are not to put anyone above Jesus, if you are to be his disciple. If anyone trys to turn a Christian away from Jesus, we are not supposed to be like them, even if it causes them to be angry with us.
But that's not what it says.

Who radically reinterpreted that text for you?
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, where does it say that the OT is no longer in effect?
In fact Jesus said exactly the opposite.
http://biblia.com/bible/nasb95/Matthew%205.17...
17 “Do not think that I came to abolish the aLaw or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill.
18 “For truly I say to you, auntil heaven and earth pass away, not 1the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished.
19 “Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches 1others to do the same, shall be called least ain the kingdom of heaven; but whoever 2keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20 “For I say to you that unless your arighteousness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven."
So it looks like according to these verses if you rape somebodies daughter you can get out of the crime by paying her father a fee and marrying her. I bet that is a load off of your mind. No need to go through any more failed dates. Of course the young women might not appreciate that law too much, but meh, if she is a Christian she will understand. Right?

Jesus "FULFILLED" and "ACCOMPLISHED" the Prophecies under the law when he died, was buried and raised again. This new covenant meant that sins would be forgiven (covered from the Father's eyes) for the saved, who accepted Christ as the Son of God.

The scribes and pharisees were like todays lawless politicians, unethical judges and crooked lawyers, full of pride and out for one thing, money, not faith.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>If you are a minister you should know Lev 18:22-25 says about gays.Gen 2:24 states where God joined man and woman together. You may want to do some serious soul searching if you are about to marry gays considering to God it is an abomination. If you "sanction" any such as this you will be held accountable.
Got any tattoos?

Anything made of cotton/poly?

And I'm gonna do it on the beach, with a whoop and a holler.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>he finished bleeding out when the spear pierced his side.
And then he got over it.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>The word originally translated "hate" actually means "to love less" we are to love less our brothers in comparison to our love for HIM
Sure.

And the word translated as "witch" (As in 'do not suffer a witch to live') was actually "poisoner".
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
And you're proud of believing in these 3 myths.
BB (Big Bang)
SSGL (Spontaneous Self Generating life)
E.(Evolution) LOL.
"

Three theories that are backed by evidence, research, observation, calculation - compared to what? The tired old lie that humans were raised from dust and a rib bone in a magical garden 6,000 years ago?
You parody a conscious entity.
So you believe that all that is and all that ever was came from NOTHING exploding?

Just weird.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>Dead wrong, Kong.
No one ever defines "evolution" in those polls.
Most Christians believe in antibiotic resistance in bacteria, not atheistic molecules-to-man.
High five!

The crowd goes wild!!
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>But that's not what it says.
Who radically reinterpreted that text for you?
You should know that it means, even if your family trys to turn you against Jesus, you should choose him over them and if you don't, you are not his true follower.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>Since you are implying...
1. Most Christians believe the same thing you do?
2. Most Christians are in topix polls?
3. Most Christians think evolution is a religious belief?

Since you believe the things above, it makes you
appear to have the intelligence of a gnat and we must conclude.

The Christians you know personally, are as uneducated and brainwashed as you are.
A-Myth doesn't really know much so he try's to just play the mock card.

A-Myth got any sixes? I'm betting he's holding 3.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

centereach ny wrote:
<quoted text>prove it actually happened. because you can
The Shroud.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

centereach ny wrote:
that last post should have read:

prove it actually happened because you can't
No you were right with the first post.
We can prove it.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>You should know that it means, even if your family trys to turn you against Jesus, you should choose him over them and if you don't, you are not his true follower.
That's what the Nazis said.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
The Shroud.
[/QUOTE]13th century.
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Human life at the time of Noah was confined to the middle east and fertile crescent. The purpose of the flood was to kill mankind and it was a vast but localized flood. Only the animals indigenous to that part of the world were included on the ark.
That's all the proof I need. There is a god.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you were there and witnessed the whole thing. Thank you for confirming that God lied to us all in Genesis.
Warming pews ovbiously lowers ones IQ to a number lower than ones shoe size.
BIBLEGOD: Gen. 6:17 says, "I do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and everything that is in the earth shall die."
Gen. 7:4 "...and every substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth."
I just love it susanblange when you call God a liar and say the Bible is completely wrong. Your version however is worse than lies and nonsense. How long have you been divorced from reality?
I wish you had your own TV show, Looney Tunes or something, where you could show the world why warming pews is detrimental to ones mental health.
No question about it, we have got to up your meds.
So you concede that the bible is the word of God and is inerrantly perfect? That's a switch. I do not hold the same beliefs, the bible was written by men and also over the process of time could have been corrupted. So, yes, I am advising you believe me and not the bible. You got it straight from the horses mouth.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 5 min CJ Rocker 144,845
First contacts on offbeat (May '12) 6 min Paisley_Posey 763
A To Z Of Movies (Sep '12) 8 min Truths 3,767
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 10 min Truths 6,816
30,000 post wins (May '13) 12 min Truths 1,279
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 12 min Old Sam 25,804
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 12 min Princess Hey 5,884
Fergson Police Dept. 14 min reported 244
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 28 min Paisley_Posey 35,929
What's your tip for the day? 28 min Old Sam 759