Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Level 1

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#90090 May 22, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>I am not going by what I have been told I have searched them out. Remember Paul spoke of the Bereans that they were more noble than the Thessolonicans because they searched the scriptures to see if the things taught were true. Each day I spend at least an hour searching the scriptures.
I doubt you realize how pathetic what your wrote is. Anyway, what have you researched about the bat being a Bird? You do accept Science over the Bible that the Bat is NOT a fowl right? Or do you trust the Bible over Science and claim BibleGod was correct in listing the bat in a long list of birds we are not to eat?

Lev. 11:13, 19 And these are they which ye shall have in abomination among the fowls...And the stork, the heron after her kind, and the lapwing, and the bat.(See also Deut. 14:11, 18)

The bat is NOT a fowl.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#90091 May 22, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>If you are a minister you should know Lev 18:22-25 says about gays.Gen 2:24 states where God joined man and woman together. You may want to do some serious soul searching if you are about to marry gays considering to God it is an abomination. If you "sanction" any such as this you will be held accountable.
So, you're using Leviticus to condemn gays. Do you also condemn those who eat shellfish? Or wear clothing of mixed fabrics? Or those that work on the sabbath? Or those that plant more than one crop in a field? etc.

Come one, man... be constant in your bible inspired bigotry
Elohim

Branford, CT

#90092 May 22, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh good homosexuality, one of my favorite subjects; it's right up there with the BibleGod's establishment of slavery and women being second class citizens. Women are right up there with oxen, cattle, sheep and goats, according to the Bible.
2 SAM. 1:26, "David said, "I am distressed for thee, my brother Jonathan: very pleasant hast thou been unto me: thy love to me was wonderful, passing the love of women"
Let us not gloss over the fact that King David was God's favorite person, a man after God's own heart.
So Dave played the skin flute not a lyre.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Level 1

Northern California

#90093 May 22, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, the Bible says this and I know it is true. I also have my own theories as to how God commanded things to become what they are. One thing is for sure and that is that Jesus knows how it happened.
If the Universe needs a creator to expain its eexistence then why doesn't God? If God can have always existed, forever, then why can't the Universe in its various phase transitions have always existed.

Do tell us where God came from and how God came into existence.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#90094 May 22, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
And that PROVES Jesus lied to us!
JESUS: "...and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd" (John 10:16).
At latest count there are 33,000 sects of this silly nonsense. Apparently Jesus is wrong about Pew Warmers hearing his voice.
Susan also claims she is NOT a Christian.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Level 1

Northern California

#90095 May 22, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>At least now someone on this thread is starting to admit there truly are invisible spirits in this physical world.
Don't be such a moron. All I did was quote the stupid Bible. I do not agree with any of it except for a couple verses. Here is something I do agree with:

Eccles. 8:15, "...because a man hath no better thing under the sun, than to eat, and to drink, and to be merry:...."
Patriot

Antioch, TN

#90096 May 22, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>So, you're using Leviticus to condemn gays. Do you also condemn those who eat shellfish? Or wear clothing of mixed fabrics? Or those that work on the sabbath? Or those that plant more than one crop in a field? etc.
Come one, man... be constant in your bible inspired bigotry
God's word not mine condemns gays, 1 Cor 6:9-10 gives a list of folks whose behaviors will not allow them to enter in(unless they repent)see verse 11 where it shows the people turned from such behaviors.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Level 1

Northern California

#90097 May 22, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Susan also claims she is NOT a Christian.
Interestingly enough, according to the Bible no biblicist is a Christian because none abide in Christ. Since none abide in Christ, how anyone can ever be saved becomes a logical question. Why can't people abide in Christ? Because everyone commits anti-social behavior, or what biblicists refer to as sin, and that excludes them summarily:

"Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him" (1 John 3:6),
"No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God" (1 John 3:9 NIV),
"We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin, the one who was born of God keeps him safe, and the evil one does not touch him" (1 John 5:18 NIV).

Obviously, then, no one has ever been born of God since all biblicists continue to sin, regardless. Until someone can demonstrate sinless perfection, abiding in Christ remains illusory.

And to make matters even worse from the biblicist's perspective, James 2:10 NIV says, "For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it." Also note Matt. 5:19. Since every believer repeatedly stumbles on one point or another, all believers are equally immoral. In other words, while John alleges that any sin obviates any possibility of one abiding in Christ, James asserts everyone commits the most heinous of acts.
Patriot

Antioch, TN

#90098 May 22, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt you realize how pathetic what your wrote is. Anyway, what have you researched about the bat being a Bird? You do accept Science over the Bible that the Bat is NOT a fowl right? Or do you trust the Bible over Science and claim BibleGod was correct in listing the bat in a long list of birds we are not to eat?
Lev. 11:13, 19 And these are they which ye shall have in abomination among the fowls...And the stork, the heron after her kind, and the lapwing, and the bat.(See also Deut. 14:11, 18)
The bat is NOT a fowl.
I think of all "people" God knows what a bat is.A bat like one who lives a life of sin hates the light and hides from it since the light(God's word) reveals the evil(darkness)and in John chap 1 is states that darkness does not comprehend the light.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Level 1

Northern California

#90099 May 22, 2013
Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>So Dave played the skin flute not a lyre.
BINGO! I have heard a few rumors about sweet Jesus as well. Tee hee. There was that little naked romp in the woods with Lazarus.

Of course Bible translators keep changing all the good parts with each new translation so as to protect the Pew Warmers from themselves, much like a good movie on a commercial channel has all the good words beeped out making it impossible to enjoy the movie.

I wish pew warmers would buy TVs with off buttons and channel changers so the rest of us normal decent people could watch a good movie with out beep, beep beep through out the whole thing. I had to stop watching commercial TV all together.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Level 1

Northern California

#90100 May 22, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>I think of all "people" God knows what a bat is.A bat like one who lives a life of sin hates the light and hides from it since the light(God's word) reveals the evil(darkness)and in John chap 1 is states that darkness does not comprehend the light.
Blah blah blah, blah, blah blah blah.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Level 1

Northern California

#90101 May 22, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>God's word not mine condemns gays, 1 Cor 6:9-10 gives a list of folks whose behaviors will not allow them to enter in(unless they repent)see verse 11 where it shows the people turned from such behaviors.
You are such a liar. What do Jesus/God tell us?

Romans 14:14,[MARY] "There is nothing un-natural of itself."

Homosexuality is not un-natural, it is natural.

Matt. 18:19-20,[GW] "I can guarantee again that if two of you agree on anything here on earth, my Father in heaven will accept it.

Jesus guarantees AGAIN that if gay sex is consensual God accepts it.

Ecclesiastes 3:1, "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:"

God even tells us that there is a time for homosexuality and a season for sodomy.

All of the above cancels out those 6 INTENTIONALLY mis-translated verses pew warming bigots love to trot out while convieniently ignoring the other 33,000 that applies to themselves.

And what about the O.T. laws that are conveniently ignored, but of equal weight? Biblicists act as if many did not exist. The following examples are typical:

(a) Money cannot be lent at interest to your brother, only to foreigners (Deut. 23:19-20);
(b) Eating pork is forbidden (Deut. 14:8);
(c) A man must marry and have relations with his dead brother's wife (Deut. 25:5-6);
(d) A seducer must marry an unengaged virgin whom he seduces (Ex. 22:16-17);
(e) A raped, unengaged virgin must marry her rapist and they can never divorce (Deut. 22:28-29);
(f) Trials for adultery are to be by ordeal (Num. 5:28-29);
(g) Eating rare meat with blood is forbidden (Lev. 19:26);
(h) Beards can't be rounded (Lev. 19:27);
(i) A newly married man can't go to war or be charged with business for one year (Deut. 24:5);
(j) A guilty man can be beaten with as many as forty blows (Deut. 25:1-3);
(k) A garment composed of wool and linen can't be worn (Deut. 22:11);
(l) Punishment shall be administered on the basis of an eye for an eye (Deut. 19:21, Ex. 21:24);
(m) One's nation can lend to other nations but not borrow from them (Deut. 15:6);
(n) Bastards can't enter the Lord's congregation (Deut. 23:2);
(o) First-born children should sometimes be sacrificed to the Lord (Ex. 22:29); and
(p) Debtor brothers shall be released from their obligation every seven years (Deut. 15:1-3).

All of these rules are part of the Old Covenant and of equal importance.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Level 1

Northern California

#90102 May 22, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>I think of all "people" God knows what a bat is.A bat like one who lives a life of sin hates the light and hides from it since the light(God's word) reveals the evil(darkness)and in John chap 1 is states that darkness does not comprehend the light.
Even after seeing an error right in front of your very own eyes which disqualifies the Bible as a reliable source you still return to that source AS IF it has some authority.

That is insanity.

All that matters is that the Bible is in error listing the bat in with a long list of birds. You trust a book to inform you about life while the book is unreliable and full of errors; you can NOT trust the Bible. Doing so makes you an idiot.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#90103 May 22, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Interestingly enough, according to the Bible no biblicist is a Christian because none abide in Christ. Since none abide in Christ, how anyone can ever be saved becomes a logical question. Why can't people abide in Christ? Because everyone commits anti-social behavior, or what biblicists refer to as sin, and that excludes them summarily:
"Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him" (1 John 3:6),
"No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God" (1 John 3:9 NIV),
"We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin, the one who was born of God keeps him safe, and the evil one does not touch him" (1 John 5:18 NIV).
Obviously, then, no one has ever been born of God since all biblicists continue to sin, regardless. Until someone can demonstrate sinless perfection, abiding in Christ remains illusory.
And to make matters even worse from the biblicist's perspective, James 2:10 NIV says, "For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it." Also note Matt. 5:19. Since every believer repeatedly stumbles on one point or another, all believers are equally immoral. In other words, while John alleges that any sin obviates any possibility of one abiding in Christ, James asserts everyone commits the most heinous of acts.

This verse means that the Holy spirit of God abides inside of the saved and the saved therefore abide in God's spirit, they are now spiritually connected forever. This spirit "COVERS" their sins, previous, current and future sins are covered with Christ's blood so the Father will not see them. Plus this Holy Spirit makes a person more conscience of their sins, making them not want to sin as much, making them more willing to try to do good, although they can never be perfect, or without sin because of their physical flesh and sin nature while on earth.

1/2 flesh...1/2 spirit.

God's people's bodies are the "Temple of God" housing the Holy Spirit.

Now, the second half of the verse means that unbelievers don't know God's Spirit, don't have the Holy Spirit to cover their sins (hide their sins from the Father).
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#90104 May 22, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Universe needs a creator to expain its eexistence then why doesn't God? If God can have always existed, forever, then why can't the Universe in its various phase transitions have always existed.
Do tell us where God came from and how God came into existence.
There was a beginning and all things were created by the Word of God and his word began very small, then it branched out to become great like a great tree from a seed.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#90105 May 22, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI: Susan's beliefs differ greatly from most Christian beliefs.
I'm not addressing Christians on this point, I'm addressing Susan. How quickly you cast off one of your own when a difficult point is raised.

At least she takes a logical approach to try to defend the Creationist points of view, which is respectable.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#90106 May 22, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
RA:"No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God" (1 John 3:9 NIV),

I: This verse means that who is born of God (believers who are born again by Spirit and Water...meaning Baptism and receiving of the Holy Spirit) are still half 'flesh',(sinful physical nature), will sin, but not as much and whose sins are now COVERED forever because 'God's Seed'(Jesus's words and the gift of the Holy Spirit) remains in him and he has been born of God (born again spiritually).

RA: "We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin, the one who was born of God keeps him safe, and the evil one does not touch him" (1 John 5:18 NIV).

I: This verse means that the saved sins are covered by Jesus' Word and the promised Holy Spirit received by born again people, they are kept safe from the evil one (evil spirits controlling them).

Evil spirits can never control a born again believer because the Holy Spirit is inside of them, who is stronger than the evil spirits.

This is why evil spirits go after the unsaved, deceptively, unknowingly to its victims.

Level 3

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#90107 May 22, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I'm mentally ill. Psalm 38:7 "For my loins are filled with a loathsome disease and there is no soundness in my flesh". Intellect and creativity can cause insanity.
Wow. That's a real bible verse.

Level 3

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#90108 May 22, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Of all of your aimless evo-babbling, that is one of the most asinine things you have said.
In essence' you're declaring,, "Man is, therefore he evolved from a microbe"
And this you call "science"?
You're nothing but a simplistic-minded atheist who is drunk on his own arrogance.
In the absence of any evidence for a deity, our existence is in fact proof that we got here *somehow.*
Patriot

Antioch, TN

#90109 May 22, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such a liar. What do Jesus/God tell us?
Romans 14:14,[MARY] "There is nothing un-natural of itself."
Homosexuality is not un-natural, it is natural.
Matt. 18:19-20,[GW] "I can guarantee again that if two of you agree on anything here on earth, my Father in heaven will accept it.
Jesus guarantees AGAIN that if gay sex is consensual God accepts it.
Ecclesiastes 3:1, "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:"
God even tells us that there is a time for homosexuality and a season for sodomy.
All of the above cancels out those 6 INTENTIONALLY mis-translated verses pew warming bigots love to trot out while convieniently ignoring the other 33,000 that applies to themselves.
And what about the O.T. laws that are conveniently ignored, but of equal weight? Biblicists act as if many did not exist. The following examples are typical:
(a) Money cannot be lent at interest to your brother, only to foreigners (Deut. 23:19-20);
(b) Eating pork is forbidden (Deut. 14:8);
(c) A man must marry and have relations with his dead brother's wife (Deut. 25:5-6);
(d) A seducer must marry an unengaged virgin whom he seduces (Ex. 22:16-17);
(e) A raped, unengaged virgin must marry her rapist and they can never divorce (Deut. 22:28-29);
(f) Trials for adultery are to be by ordeal (Num. 5:28-29);
(g) Eating rare meat with blood is forbidden (Lev. 19:26);
(h) Beards can't be rounded (Lev. 19:27);
(i) A newly married man can't go to war or be charged with business for one year (Deut. 24:5);
(j) A guilty man can be beaten with as many as forty blows (Deut. 25:1-3);
(k) A garment composed of wool and linen can't be worn (Deut. 22:11);
(l) Punishment shall be administered on the basis of an eye for an eye (Deut. 19:21, Ex. 21:24);
(m) One's nation can lend to other nations but not borrow from them (Deut. 15:6);
(n) Bastards can't enter the Lord's congregation (Deut. 23:2);
(o) First-born children should sometimes be sacrificed to the Lord (Ex. 22:29); and
(p) Debtor brothers shall be released from their obligation every seven years (Deut. 15:1-3).
All of these rules are part of the Old Covenant and of equal importance.
take a peek at Romans 1:24-28 where it is unnatural and called the gay affections VILE. Also I mind you the OT is no longer in effect. Before you call names you need to do your home work pal

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The BIZARRE reasons why men rape in India 4 min Humhainna 1,069
last word/first word. (Apr '12) 8 min whatimeisit 5,157
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 8 min Analog man 77,658
Pride Cometh Before Destruction 10 min Hoosier Hillbilly 1
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 10 min Analog man 1,958
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) 14 min Judy 123 245
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 16 min Judy 123 55,267
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 19 min Roxie Darling 152,461
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 31 min Roxie Darling 227
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 4 hr andet1987 7,557
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 5 hr Roy 25,663
HOW LONG can you hold YOUR SEMEN ? For men only. (Mar '12) 8 hr -Lea- 47
More from around the web