Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
Patriot

Antioch, TN

#90073 May 22, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. The Word of God is not just a sound, it is action too, and it descibes Jesus as God's Word, so it is a person also.
The "Light" being the presence of God, is not just thru sight, it is a person of Love.
Spirit is very hard to describe and the Bible says over and over it is hard for man to conceive or define without having experienced himself.
Christ spoke of the spirit in John 3 in his conversation w/Nichodemus. In John 4 he told the woman at the well at Sychar that one must worship God in spirit and in truth rather on focus on WHERE one must worship

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Level 1

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#90074 May 22, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>I can prove it, I want to see you prove it did not happen. After than I will provide my evidence
This is not a 2nd grade school play yard. Why can't you pew warmers ever learn to be serious? All you do is repeat the lies your mamma and poppa told you and now you get all stupid on us when confronted with the reality that you know nothing because you just believed what you were told.

I say the Universe is trying to become conscious and that we as homo sapiens can participate and contribute to that process, prove I a wrong.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Level 1

Northern California

#90075 May 22, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>Christ spoke of the spirit in John 3 in his conversation w/Nichodemus. In John 4 he told the woman at the well at Sychar that one must worship God in spirit and in truth rather on focus on WHERE one must worship
It is because of simple-minded pew warmers like you that High School Senior Zack Kopplin started the fight against the stupidity you insist be taught right along side of Evolution in the public schools.

"...shall there be evil in a city, and the Lord hath not done it?"
(Amos 3:6).
Elohim

Branford, CT

#90076 May 22, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>The eucharast is NOT the actual body and blood of Christ, that is a creation of the catholic church. In Lev 17 it was aginst the law do drink blood. Christ's "symbolic language" of John 6 could not have been taken literaly since if they had actually drank of his blood it would have violated the law which was in effect until Christ's death. When Christ died the old law was done away with
Ritualistic cannibalism..... what a great thing to be brainwashing children with. You sick bastards.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Level 1

Northern California

#90077 May 22, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>That is the question you should ask yourself Rev. The sea creatures were not killed, except for Noah and his family fishing for them for food. All of mankind were killed, not all living things.
I guess you were there and witnessed the whole thing. Thank you for confirming that God lied to us all in Genesis.

Warming pews ovbiously lowers ones IQ to a number lower than ones shoe size.

BIBLEGOD: Gen. 6:17 says, "I do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and everything that is in the earth shall die."
Gen. 7:4 "...and every substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth."

I just love it susanblange when you call God a liar and say the Bible is completely wrong. Your version however is worse than lies and nonsense. How long have you been divorced from reality?

I wish you had your own TV show, Looney Tunes or something, where you could show the world why warming pews is detrimental to ones mental health.

No question about it, we have got to up your meds.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#90078 May 22, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>If you are a minister you should know Lev 18:22-25 says about gays.Gen 2:24 states where God joined man and woman together. You may want to do some serious soul searching if you are about to marry gays considering to God it is an abomination. If you "sanction" any such as this you will be held accountable.
Love thy fellow man, P. That's what God says. You're obsessed with gays anyway so you may as well come out of the closet. It's not like you're gonna surprise anybody anyway.(shrug)
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#90079 May 22, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
What a typical pew warmer you are, deceptive, dishonest and deceitful.
If there were a God, and there is NOT, we would be in serious trouble because the BibleGod is a monster. He is a mass murderer that makes Hitler look like Mary Poppins.
EVIL COMES FROM THE LORD:
"it came to pass, when the evil spirit from God was upon Saul, that David took an harp, and played with his hand: so Saul was refreshed, and was well, and the evil spirit departed from him" (1 Sam. 16:23).
"it came to pass on the morrow, that the evil spirit from God came upon Saul...." (1 Sam. 18:10).
"the evil spirit from the Lord was upon Saul...." (1 Sam. 19:9).
"Saul's servants said unto him, Behold now, an evil spirit from God troubles thee" (1 Sam. 16:15).
"the spirit of the Lord departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the Lord troubles him" (1 Sam. 16:14).
"...evil came down from the Lord unto the gate of Jerusalem" (Micah 1:12).
"Thus saith the Lord, Behold I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house, and I will take thy wives before thine eyes, and give them unto thy neighbor, and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun. For thou did it secretly: but I will do this thing before all Israel, and before the sun" (2 Sam. 12:11-12).
"God sent an evil spirit between Abimelech and the men of Shechem...." (Judges 9:23).
God made everything. God only allows satan to use evil spirits or God may protect a person or nation from satans evil spirits or 'demons'(same thing) if they obey Him.

When someone or a nation disobeys God, He takes down His hedge of protection which allows the evil to enter.(just like what is happening in America today)

At least now someone on this thread is starting to admit there truly are invisible spirits in this physical world.

From birth till death, we are in a spiritual battle of good vs. evil.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#90080 May 22, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Human life at the time of Noah was confined to the middle east and fertile crescent. The purpose of the flood was to kill mankind and it was a vast but localized flood. Only the animals indigenous to that part of the world were included on the ark.
OK, considering your observation is true that there was indeed an an ark, and only animals indigenous to that specific area at that time were chosen, how did the rest of the animals currently on the planet come to be?

Evolution perhaps?

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#90081 May 22, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Man and woman were both called Adam when they were created. This may have been a reference to Adams' first wife, Lilith who is not mentioned by name in the story.
So you agree it was a story?
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#90082 May 22, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>I cannot explain how God created everything other than going by Genesis 1 he spoke them into being, he employed The Word(the "being" who was known as Jesus Christ when he was manifested on earth). interesting thing is that there was light on earth before the sun was created and in Rev 21 there will be light in heaven and no need for the sun up there.(the presence of God is the light)
Yes, the Bible says this and I know it is true. I also have my own theories as to how God commanded things to become what they are. One thing is for sure and that is that Jesus knows how it happened.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#90083 May 22, 2013
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
So you agree it was a story?
FYI: Susan's beliefs differ greatly from most Christian beliefs.
Patriot

Antioch, TN

#90085 May 22, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not a 2nd grade school play yard. Why can't you pew warmers ever learn to be serious? All you do is repeat the lies your mamma and poppa told you and now you get all stupid on us when confronted with the reality that you know nothing because you just believed what you were told.
I say the Universe is trying to become conscious and that we as homo sapiens can participate and contribute to that process, prove I a wrong.
I am not going by what I have been told I have searched them out. Remember Paul spoke of the Bereans that they were more noble than the Thessolonicans because they searched the scriptures to see if the things taught were true. Each day I spend at least an hour searching the scriptures.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Level 1

Northern California

#90086 May 22, 2013
Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>Ritualistic cannibalism..... what a great thing to be brainwashing children with. You sick bastards.
Nicely said!

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye shall have no life in you. Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day" (John 6:53-54) and
"as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it and broke it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take eat; this is my body. And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; For this is my blood...." (Matt. 26:26-28, Luke 22:19-20, Mark 14:22-24, 1 Cor. 11:24-26) and
"He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me and I in him.... So he that eateth me, even he shall live by me" (John 6:56-57).

There is NO REASON to assume that the above statements are not to be taken literally. Some Pew Warmers simply decide for themselves to take this "spiritually" instead of literally. And no where are we given a choice to take it one way or the other, when not indicated literally is the way to go.
Patriot

Antioch, TN

#90087 May 22, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Love thy fellow man, P. That's what God says. You're obsessed with gays anyway so you may as well come out of the closet. It's not like you're gonna surprise anybody anyway.(shrug)
This is the first time that I can recall I have mentioned gays and I was not the one who brought up the subject. I have NO doubs about my manhood, I bet you wish you could have a lady that looks good as my wife looks. Go ahead and shrug. Loving your fellow man is not the same as marrying him.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Level 1

Northern California

#90088 May 22, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI: Susan's beliefs differ greatly from most Christian beliefs.
And that PROVES Jesus lied to us!

JESUS: "...and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd" (John 10:16).

At latest count there are 33,000 sects of this silly nonsense. Apparently Jesus is wrong about Pew Warmers hearing his voice.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Level 1

Northern California

#90089 May 22, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>This is the first time that I can recall I have mentioned gays and I was not the one who brought up the subject. I have NO doubs about my manhood, I bet you wish you could have a lady that looks good as my wife looks. Go ahead and shrug. Loving your fellow man is not the same as marrying him.
Oh good homosexuality, one of my favorite subjects; it's right up there with the BibleGod's establishment of slavery and women being second class citizens. Women are right up there with oxen, cattle, sheep and goats, according to the Bible.

2 SAM. 1:26, "David said, "I am distressed for thee, my brother Jonathan: very pleasant hast thou been unto me: thy love to me was wonderful, passing the love of women"

Let us not gloss over the fact that King David was God's favorite person, a man after God's own heart.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Level 1

Northern California

#90090 May 22, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>I am not going by what I have been told I have searched them out. Remember Paul spoke of the Bereans that they were more noble than the Thessolonicans because they searched the scriptures to see if the things taught were true. Each day I spend at least an hour searching the scriptures.
I doubt you realize how pathetic what your wrote is. Anyway, what have you researched about the bat being a Bird? You do accept Science over the Bible that the Bat is NOT a fowl right? Or do you trust the Bible over Science and claim BibleGod was correct in listing the bat in a long list of birds we are not to eat?

Lev. 11:13, 19 And these are they which ye shall have in abomination among the fowls...And the stork, the heron after her kind, and the lapwing, and the bat.(See also Deut. 14:11, 18)

The bat is NOT a fowl.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#90091 May 22, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>If you are a minister you should know Lev 18:22-25 says about gays.Gen 2:24 states where God joined man and woman together. You may want to do some serious soul searching if you are about to marry gays considering to God it is an abomination. If you "sanction" any such as this you will be held accountable.
So, you're using Leviticus to condemn gays. Do you also condemn those who eat shellfish? Or wear clothing of mixed fabrics? Or those that work on the sabbath? Or those that plant more than one crop in a field? etc.

Come one, man... be constant in your bible inspired bigotry
Elohim

Branford, CT

#90092 May 22, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh good homosexuality, one of my favorite subjects; it's right up there with the BibleGod's establishment of slavery and women being second class citizens. Women are right up there with oxen, cattle, sheep and goats, according to the Bible.
2 SAM. 1:26, "David said, "I am distressed for thee, my brother Jonathan: very pleasant hast thou been unto me: thy love to me was wonderful, passing the love of women"
Let us not gloss over the fact that King David was God's favorite person, a man after God's own heart.
So Dave played the skin flute not a lyre.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Level 1

Northern California

#90093 May 22, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, the Bible says this and I know it is true. I also have my own theories as to how God commanded things to become what they are. One thing is for sure and that is that Jesus knows how it happened.
If the Universe needs a creator to expain its eexistence then why doesn't God? If God can have always existed, forever, then why can't the Universe in its various phase transitions have always existed.

Do tell us where God came from and how God came into existence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 7 min Sublime 28,802
Add a Word, Ruin a Movie (Oct '13) 21 min LOL 4,527
Why do YOU get on Topix? 23 min 40ish 63
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 31 min Parden Pard 55,810
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 46 min Zani Gray 78,002
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 49 min Zani Gray 7,654
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 50 min Wyle E Coyote 155,474
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 1 hr Zani Gray 8,889
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 2 hr eleanorigby 38,551
More from around the web