Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Level 1

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#90047 May 22, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus is the fulfilment of everything God had for his people and this heaven and earth will pass away and Jesus is king of the New Heaven and the New Earth and he is lord also of the law.
I do not need one of St. Pauls "simple minded" [YOU] to tell me that. If I want to know that garbage I can read it for myself. Who told you that anyway, and why did you believe them? Why can't you see that you have no evidence that any of that apologetic rant is real or true? Someone told you and being "the simple-minded" you just believed it. HEARSAY!
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#90048 May 22, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> If woman was made from a man, they're transsexuals.
Man and woman were both called Adam when they were created. This may have been a reference to Adams' first wife, Lilith who is not mentioned by name in the story.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Level 1

Northern California

#90049 May 22, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus is the fulfilment of everything God had for his people and this heaven and earth will pass away and Jesus is king of the New Heaven and the New Earth and he is lord also of the law.
Why do you endlessly lie about what the Bible teaches? You wrote: "earth will pass away...."

Eccles. 1:4, "One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever."

Calling God a liar seems to be some kind of enjoyable hobby for you.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#90050 May 22, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it doesn't and you don't. Not in any realm of thinking.
You don't understand it.....yet...is all.
Elohim

Branford, CT

#90051 May 22, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Human life at the time of Noah was confined to the middle east and fertile crescent. The purpose of the flood was to kill mankind and it was a vast but localized flood. Only the animals indigenous to that part of the world were included on the ark.
That would be news to the folks living in other parts of the planet. The rest of your post is hilarious!
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#90052 May 22, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, son. Luke blows that out of the water.
"If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple." - Luke 14:26.
Anyone up for Duelling Contradictions? I LIKE that game!
Luke meant that you are not to put anyone above Jesus, if you are to be his disciple. If anyone trys to turn a Christian away from Jesus, we are not supposed to be like them, even if it causes them to be angry with us.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#90053 May 22, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the fear of the lord...that is so classic!
why should one have to fear a god? if it is the vengeful, petty, vindictive little prick of a god withn shitty morals that your cult invented and worships, I guess I could see why...
"There is forgiveness with you, that you may be feared". We also fear God because of impending punishment. "Whom the Lord loves, he corrects, even as a father the son in whom he delights" God loves the righteous who love her. The Messiah also fears the Lord. Isaiah 11:2.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#90054 May 22, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not need one of St. Pauls "simple minded" [YOU] to tell me that. If I want to know that garbage I can read it for myself. Who told you that anyway, and why did you believe them? Why can't you see that you have no evidence that any of that apologetic rant is real or true? Someone told you and being "the simple-minded" you just believed it. HEARSAY!
The scriptures will bear this out.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#90055 May 22, 2013
Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>That would be news to the folks living in other parts of the planet. The rest of your post is hilarious!
Speaking of floods...

http://www.theonion.com/articles/god-refloods...
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#90056 May 22, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>Last night I was reading Rev. Chap 21. It is a really good chapter showing the faithful what they have to look forward to if they stay faithful to the end. Rev 2:10
If Christians cling to their idols til the end, they're not going to make it. It will come down to belief. "All who call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved". To do this you have to know who the Lord is. The end is after the death and before the resurrection of the Messiah. That is when the Book of Remembrance will be written, for those who "fear the Lord and think upon his name". It's also called the Book of the Living.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#90057 May 22, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
If there was such a being as this alledged God of the Bible then we all are in serious trouble:
How true
Patriot

Antioch, TN

#90058 May 22, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>I believe the first man was made in the image and likeness of God and his woman was made from him. God created all living things on Earth and they were made in kinds from the beginning. This has been explained to you.
I cannot explain how God created everything other than going by Genesis 1 he spoke them into being, he employed The Word(the "being" who was known as Jesus Christ when he was manifested on earth). interesting thing is that there was light on earth before the sun was created and in Rev 21 there will be light in heaven and no need for the sun up there.(the presence of God is the light)

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Level 1

Northern California

#90059 May 22, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Human life at the time of Noah was confined to the middle east and fertile crescent. The purpose of the flood was to kill mankind and it was a vast but localized flood. Only the animals indigenous to that part of the world were included on the ark.
GOD: Gen. 6:17, "I do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and everything that is in the earth shall die."

GOD: Gen. 7:4, "...and every substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth."

Gee, the Bible says one thing, you say another, so who do we believe? Apparently you expect us to believe you, why?

AND! How would a flood destroy sea animals, such as whales, porpoises, sea snakes, dolphins, amphibians, and all animals entirely underwater?
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#90060 May 22, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you endlessly lie about what the Bible teaches? You wrote: "earth will pass away...."
Eccles. 1:4, "One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever."
The New Earth WILL abide forever.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#90061 May 22, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
The key word is "NEW" earth. Read his scripture post again. This current earth will pass away, not the new earth.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#90062 May 22, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>I would say that by Christ shedding every drop of his blood on our behalf is quite the sacrifice.
God does not approve of human sacrifice nor of torturing to death the animal to be sacrificed. When you take the Eucharist you're eating Jesus' body and drinking his blood. God also does not approve of cannibalism.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Level 1

Northern California

#90063 May 22, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>The scriptures will bear this out.
Scripture can NOT be trusted.

John 1:18 "No man hath seen God at any time;..."
Exodus 33:20, And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
John 6:46 "Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is ofGod, he hath seen the Father."
1 John 4:12 "No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us."

Versus

Gen. 32:30 "And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved."
Exod. 33:11 "And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend."
Num. 14:14 "...that thou LORD art seen face to face,..."
Job 42:5 "I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee."
Deut. 34:10 "And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face,..."
Deut. 5:4 "The LORD talked with you face to face...."
Patriot

Antioch, TN

#90064 May 22, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Who said anything about gods joining anyone?
Oh, FYI, I'm an ordained minister. I plan on officiating at the first gay marriage in this state, even if I have to stay up until midnight to do it.
Free.
If you are a minister you should know Lev 18:22-25 says about gays.Gen 2:24 states where God joined man and woman together. You may want to do some serious soul searching if you are about to marry gays considering to God it is an abomination. If you "sanction" any such as this you will be held accountable.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#90065 May 22, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>I cannot explain how God created everything other than going by Genesis 1 he spoke them into being, he employed The Word(the "being" who was known as Jesus Christ when he was manifested on earth). interesting thing is that there was light on earth before the sun was created and in Rev 21 there will be light in heaven and no need for the sun up there.(the presence of God is the light)
Agreed. The Word of God is not just a sound, it is action too, and it descibes Jesus as God's Word, so it is a person also.

The "Light" being the presence of God, is not just thru sight, it is a person of Love.

Spirit is very hard to describe and the Bible says over and over it is hard for man to conceive or define without having experienced himself.
Elohim

Branford, CT

#90066 May 22, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Luke meant that you are not to put anyone above Jesus, if you are to be his disciple. If anyone trys to turn a Christian away from Jesus, we are not supposed to be like them, even if it causes them to be angry with us.
That not what the passage says. The meaning is very clear, kill your family and follow me. How very Charles Manson like.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a Word, Ruin a Movie (Oct '13) 3 min Gofigger 3,304
last word - first (Jun '12) 6 min whatimeisit 6,934
What Could Be The Deal,...? 7 min Judy 123 13
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 8 min Mechanic 25,921
10-Year-Old Goldfish Undergoes Brain Surgery 9 min The ADELAIDEAN 15
What Could Be Mixed,...? 11 min Judy 123 24
30,000 post wins (May '13) 11 min 40ish 1,733
Woman commits suicide by crocodile 35 min Parden Pard 5
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 2 hr Fannie Flagg 5,545
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr wichita-rick 146,897