Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
Patriot

Antioch, TN

#90029 May 22, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Christians are commanded not to call people crazy. If a Christian hates someone, he is not following what Jesus said.
1 John 4:20 "If a man say, I love God and hateth his brother, he is a liar:for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen,how can he love God who he hath not seen?"
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#90030 May 22, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>Last night I was reading Rev. Chap 21. It is a really good chapter showing the faithful what they have to look forward to if they stay faithful to the end. Rev 2:10
Yes my friend, we as Christains have many great promises. God Bless.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#90031 May 22, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>WRONG again
no, that is the fact of the history of marriage. your cult glommed onto the tradition.

even the oldest Hebrew record of marriage showed it was a contract between two fathers, absolutely no religious ceremony involved.

just one more thing your cult stole from previous societies...

why is your mythical god so unoriginal? oh yeah, he's a myth made up by unoriginal goat herders...

St. Croix valley

#90032 May 22, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>WRONG again
oh, and what else was I wrong about on the history of your cult?
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#90033 May 22, 2013
The Bible tells us that all men can be liars and that would include each of us here. We as Christians should always check our own selves to make sure we are not wrong. heaven and earth shall pass away but the words of God, will last forever.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#90034 May 22, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>1 John 4:20 "If a man say, I love God and hateth his brother, he is a liar:for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen,how can he love God who he hath not seen?"
Sorry, son. Luke blows that out of the water.

"If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple." - Luke 14:26.

Anyone up for Duelling Contradictions? I LIKE that game!

“hellshade”

Level 5

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#90035 May 22, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>I would say that by Christ shedding every drop of his blood on our behalf is quite the sacrifice.
prove it actually happened. because you can

“hellshade”

Level 5

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#90036 May 22, 2013
that last post should have read:

prove it actually happened because you can't

St. Croix valley

#90037 May 22, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
The Bible tells us that all men can be liars and that would include each of us here. We as Christians should always check our own selves to make sure we are not wrong. heaven and earth shall pass away but the words of God, will last forever.
we know that all of you folks who keep promulgating the known lies of your cult are liars. why do you do that? it actually goes against what your own cult says is right...

why do you have to lie for your cult?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Level 1

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#90038 May 22, 2013
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
You don't know these simple answers?
Why are you even here if this is confusing you? This is more your style.
See spot run. Run spot run.
[/QUOTE]

Of course I know the answer; the Bible can not be trusted because of the huge number of errors, contradictions and fallacies.

Why, here is another example right now:

Jesus--"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy but to fulfill. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments and shall teach men so, he shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven...." (Matt. 5:17-19) and "it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fall" (Luke 16:17) and "The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: all therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do" (Matt. 23:2-3) and (John 7:19, Mark 1:44)

versus

Paul--"Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ" (Rom. 7:4) and "Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law" (Gal. 3:13) and "For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace" (Rom. 6:14) and "But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter" (Rom. 7:6) and (Rom. 10:4, 3:28, Gal. 3:23-25, 5:2-4, 18, 2:19, 21, 16, 4:10, Eph. 2:15, Col. 2:14, 16, Heb. 7:19, 1 Cor. 8:8 and many others).

Jesus said the law would stand till heaven and earth passed, while Paul said it need no longer be followed.

What oh what is a pew warmer to do?

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#90039 May 22, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, THAT'S what I'm doing wrong!
If thinking is getting in your way, I hear repeated sharp blows to the head can remedy that... although I wouldn't recommend it.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#90040 May 22, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I have heard of it, it is bullshit.
Anything else?
Yes, there is more.

You will be shocked, changed forever, and you will regret that it took you so long to finally realize it's true....and you will realize it one day, whether it be during life on earth or when it's too late, one.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#90041 May 22, 2013
centereach ny wrote:
<quoted text>
prove it actually happened. because you can
Plus, he got better.

I remain unimpressed.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Level 1

Northern California

#90042 May 22, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>I would say that by Christ shedding every drop of his blood on our behalf is quite the sacrifice.
Have you ever typed anything that wasn't an apologetic lie?

The alledged death of Jesus was no sacrifice at all. What was sacrificed? Isn't Jesus alledgedly sitting at the right hand side of God as we type? A few drops of blood is no sacrifice, none at all.

In fact, outside the four contradictory gospel accounts there is no evidence that Jesus ever existed.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#90043 May 22, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
It does make sense, in the spiritual realm of thinking, not just the physical alone.
No, it doesn't and you don't. Not in any realm of thinking.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#90044 May 22, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I know the answer; the Bible can not be trusted because of the huge number of errors, contradictions and fallacies.
Why, here is another example right now:
Jesus--"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy but to fulfill. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments and shall teach men so, he shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven...." (Matt. 5:17-19) and "it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fall" (Luke 16:17) and "The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: all therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do" (Matt. 23:2-3) and (John 7:19, Mark 1:44)
versus
Paul--"Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ" (Rom. 7:4) and "Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law" (Gal. 3:13) and "For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace" (Rom. 6:14) and "But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter" (Rom. 7:6) and (Rom. 10:4, 3:28, Gal. 3:23-25, 5:2-4, 18, 2:19, 21, 16, 4:10, Eph. 2:15, Col. 2:14, 16, Heb. 7:19, 1 Cor. 8:8 and many others).
Jesus said the law would stand till heaven and earth passed, while Paul said it need no longer be followed.
What oh what is a pew warmer to do?
Jesus is the fulfilment of everything God had for his people and this heaven and earth will pass away and Jesus is king of the New Heaven and the New Earth and he is lord also of the law.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#90045 May 22, 2013
buckwheat wrote:
<quoted text>...and when your head hurts from trying to explain how he managed to load 100's of thousands of animals on a boat the size of a 747 a light should come on above your head.
Human life at the time of Noah was confined to the middle east and fertile crescent. The purpose of the flood was to kill mankind and it was a vast but localized flood. Only the animals indigenous to that part of the world were included on the ark.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Level 1

Northern California

#90046 May 22, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the fear of the lord...that is so classic! why should one have to fear a god? if it is the vengeful, petty, vindictive little prick of a god with shitty morals that your cult invented and worships, I guess I could see why...
If there was such a being as this alledged God of the Bible then we all are in serious trouble:

Deut. 21:18-21 ("If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son, who will not obey the voice of his father or the voice of his mother, and, though they chastise him, will not give heed to them, then his father and his mother shall take hold of him and bring him out to the elders of his city...and they shall say to the elders of his city,'This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton and a drunkard. Then all the men of the city shall stone him to death with stones; so you shall purge the evil from the midst").

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Level 1

Northern California

#90047 May 22, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus is the fulfilment of everything God had for his people and this heaven and earth will pass away and Jesus is king of the New Heaven and the New Earth and he is lord also of the law.
I do not need one of St. Pauls "simple minded" [YOU] to tell me that. If I want to know that garbage I can read it for myself. Who told you that anyway, and why did you believe them? Why can't you see that you have no evidence that any of that apologetic rant is real or true? Someone told you and being "the simple-minded" you just believed it. HEARSAY!
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#90048 May 22, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> If woman was made from a man, they're transsexuals.
Man and woman were both called Adam when they were created. This may have been a reference to Adams' first wife, Lilith who is not mentioned by name in the story.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 5 min Addicted to Barbi 25,962
Woman Switches Seats on Plane, Spends 3 Days in... 6 min Newt G s Next Wife 27
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 9 min TALLYHO 8541 37,777
Is it possible to....... 27 min Crazy Beautiful 584
Police: Baby Jesus taken, replaced with pig's head 27 min Newt G s Next Wife 7
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 28 min Truths 3,035
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 29 min Truths 30,080
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 36 min Suezanne 152,839
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) 1 hr Enzo49 339
More from around the web