Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 221484 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#90024 May 22, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>Last night I was reading Rev. Chap 21. It is a really good chapter showing the faithful what they have to look forward to if they stay faithful to the end. Rev 2:10
yes, cults often use enticement as well as coercion to get you sheeple in the cult...
Patriot

Nashville, TN

#90025 May 22, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so full of shite. The reason they drank beer and wine in them days was because they had no access to clean water where they were, so fermenting and concocting such brews was the only option. Heck even Noah got flat out pished and you guys STILL managed to lay the blame on all the black people.
You need to read Chapter 3 notes on the wine in B.W. Johnson's Commentary on John where it explains the wines of those days. That is just one work that covers the topic.
FREE SERVANT
#90026 May 22, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>marriage is, and always has been the purview of the state.
your cult didn't even get into the marriage game until the 14th century, and then only to have some church lackey bless the state sponsored marriage on the steps of the church. they didn't even want it inside their cult temple...that took another century.
knowledge about your own cult is fun!
WRONG again
Patriot

Nashville, TN

#90027 May 22, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>You do realize that that makes no sense at all, yes?
It does not make sense to a carnal man of the world,but it does to one who is spiritual.

St. Croix valley

#90028 May 22, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>I would say that by Christ shedding every drop of his blood on our behalf is quite the sacrifice.
When did he do that? they just nailed the jesus guy to a cross, like all the other people they did that do. he didn't bleed out...

you cultists need to get you own myths straight...

hell, your in a cult, i guess you can make up whatever shit you want? why not make it so he bled Bonny sweet Crude?
Patriot

Nashville, TN

#90029 May 22, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Christians are commanded not to call people crazy. If a Christian hates someone, he is not following what Jesus said.
1 John 4:20 "If a man say, I love God and hateth his brother, he is a liar:for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen,how can he love God who he hath not seen?"
FREE SERVANT
#90030 May 22, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>Last night I was reading Rev. Chap 21. It is a really good chapter showing the faithful what they have to look forward to if they stay faithful to the end. Rev 2:10
Yes my friend, we as Christains have many great promises. God Bless.

St. Croix valley

#90031 May 22, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>WRONG again
no, that is the fact of the history of marriage. your cult glommed onto the tradition.

even the oldest Hebrew record of marriage showed it was a contract between two fathers, absolutely no religious ceremony involved.

just one more thing your cult stole from previous societies...

why is your mythical god so unoriginal? oh yeah, he's a myth made up by unoriginal goat herders...

St. Croix valley

#90032 May 22, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>WRONG again
oh, and what else was I wrong about on the history of your cult?
FREE SERVANT
#90033 May 22, 2013
The Bible tells us that all men can be liars and that would include each of us here. We as Christians should always check our own selves to make sure we are not wrong. heaven and earth shall pass away but the words of God, will last forever.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#90034 May 22, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>1 John 4:20 "If a man say, I love God and hateth his brother, he is a liar:for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen,how can he love God who he hath not seen?"
Sorry, son. Luke blows that out of the water.

"If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple." - Luke 14:26.

Anyone up for Duelling Contradictions? I LIKE that game!

“hellshade”

Level 5

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#90035 May 22, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>I would say that by Christ shedding every drop of his blood on our behalf is quite the sacrifice.
prove it actually happened. because you can

“hellshade”

Level 5

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#90036 May 22, 2013
that last post should have read:

prove it actually happened because you can't

St. Croix valley

#90037 May 22, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
The Bible tells us that all men can be liars and that would include each of us here. We as Christians should always check our own selves to make sure we are not wrong. heaven and earth shall pass away but the words of God, will last forever.
we know that all of you folks who keep promulgating the known lies of your cult are liars. why do you do that? it actually goes against what your own cult says is right...

why do you have to lie for your cult?

Level 1

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#90038 May 22, 2013
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
You don't know these simple answers?
Why are you even here if this is confusing you? This is more your style.
See spot run. Run spot run.
[/QUOTE]

Of course I know the answer; the Bible can not be trusted because of the huge number of errors, contradictions and fallacies.

Why, here is another example right now:

Jesus--"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy but to fulfill. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments and shall teach men so, he shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven...." (Matt. 5:17-19) and "it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fall" (Luke 16:17) and "The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: all therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do" (Matt. 23:2-3) and (John 7:19, Mark 1:44)

versus

Paul--"Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ" (Rom. 7:4) and "Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law" (Gal. 3:13) and "For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace" (Rom. 6:14) and "But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter" (Rom. 7:6) and (Rom. 10:4, 3:28, Gal. 3:23-25, 5:2-4, 18, 2:19, 21, 16, 4:10, Eph. 2:15, Col. 2:14, 16, Heb. 7:19, 1 Cor. 8:8 and many others).

Jesus said the law would stand till heaven and earth passed, while Paul said it need no longer be followed.

What oh what is a pew warmer to do?

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#90039 May 22, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, THAT'S what I'm doing wrong!
If thinking is getting in your way, I hear repeated sharp blows to the head can remedy that... although I wouldn't recommend it.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#90040 May 22, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I have heard of it, it is bullshit.
Anything else?
Yes, there is more.

You will be shocked, changed forever, and you will regret that it took you so long to finally realize it's true....and you will realize it one day, whether it be during life on earth or when it's too late, one.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#90041 May 22, 2013
centereach ny wrote:
<quoted text>
prove it actually happened. because you can
Plus, he got better.

I remain unimpressed.

Level 1

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#90042 May 22, 2013
Patriot wrote:
Have you ever typed anything that wasn't an apologetic lie?

The alledged death of Jesus was no sacrifice at all. What was sacrificed? Isn't Jesus alledgedly sitting at the right hand side of God as we type? A few drops of blood is no sacrifice, none at all.

In fact, outside the four contradictory gospel accounts there is no evidence that Jesus ever existed.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#90043 May 22, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
It does make sense, in the spiritual realm of thinking, not just the physical alone.
No, it doesn't and you don't. Not in any realm of thinking.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Next Person Game (Mar '11) 1 min quilterqueen 9,975
**3 Syllable Word Game - A-Z** (Jun '12) 3 min quilterqueen 935
**4 Syllable Word A-Z** (Jul '12) 4 min quilterqueen 776
Name the first word that's on you're mind. (Mar '13) 5 min quilterqueen 1,078
4 Word Game (Use Same Letter) (Dec '14) 7 min quilterqueen 1,822
3 Word Sentence (each word, one syllable only) (Jan '15) 8 min quilterqueen 1,123
last word/first word. (Apr '12) 9 min quilterqueen 7,250
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 38 min Bar Fly_ok 76,006
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Watcher 218,664
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 1 hr 8541 MARINE 22,871
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 13 hr FinnyFerret Needs... 4,279
More from around the web