Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 205245 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#89972 May 21, 2013
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
Everything evolved from rain falling on rocks and forming a mud puddle.
And the BB is when nothing exploded and created everything.
Plants evolved in to plant eating animals.
[/QUOTE]

Well, good for you, KJV! You didn't get the last one right, but it's progress. You don't have to be a biologist or an astrophysicist to grasp the barest basics. Remember, the burden of understanding is like Matt 25:15. There is no shame in only being able to carry one bag.

“Wrath”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#89973 May 21, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The Genesis story has been proven to be true by its re enactment in the beginning of January, 1984. By this, God proved she is the first and the last and the story in Genesis is true. The legend of Lilith is just that, a Jewish legend.
OK it's settled then.... you're nuts.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#89974 May 21, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> OK it's settled then.... you're nuts.
We have been trolled ... gotta admit, that one is a really good Poe-troll.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#89975 May 21, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> OK it's settled then.... you're nuts.
I never said I wasn't. "For my loins are filled with a loathsome disease and there is no soundness in my flesh". Psalm 38:7. Intellect and creativity can cause insanity.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#89976 May 21, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I never said I wasn't. "For my loins are filled with a loathsome disease and there is no soundness in my flesh". Psalm 38:7. Intellect and creativity can cause insanity.
But insanity doesn't cause creativity or intellect.
FREE SERVANT
#89977 May 21, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>And where is God the father in this scheme of things? What role does he play? "My glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images"
God is glorified in his Son and Jesus and his father are one. Jesus is at the right hand of God and his kingdom is everlasting.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#89978 May 21, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>God is glorified in his Son and Jesus and his father are one. Jesus is at the right hand of God and his kingdom is everlasting.
You do realize that that makes no sense at all, yes?
FREE SERVANT
#89979 May 21, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>You do realize that that makes no sense at all, yes?
Why can't you understand it?
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#89980 May 21, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
But insanity doesn't cause creativity or intellect.
What's your point? And insanity can cause creativity but that is caused by brain chemistry and is of the flesh.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#89981 May 21, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>What's your point? And insanity can cause creativity but that is caused by brain chemistry and is of the flesh.
The point that insanity doesn't cause creativity or intellect?

Here's one from among countless examples:

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9Q...
FREE SERVANT
#89982 May 21, 2013
Jesus is King of kings and Lord of lords and he has all power in Heaven and Earth and he is the Word of God. When we see Jesus we will see God, because the Spirit of God is upon him. God has given Jesus all of his power.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#89983 May 21, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>God is glorified in his Son and Jesus and his father are one. Jesus is at the right hand of God and his kingdom is everlasting.
Hear, O Israel. The lord is our God, the Lord is one. You are polytheistic and worship 3 gods. Jesus equates himself with God. "For you have said in your heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God, I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north. I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. Yet you will be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit". Isaiah 14:13-15. Jesus has been reincarnated and this time will burst into flames and go to hell, the bottomless pit, a black hole. Ezekiel 28:18-19.
FREE SERVANT
#89984 May 21, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>What's your point? And insanity can cause creativity but that is caused by brain chemistry and is of the flesh.
Christians are commanded not to call people crazy. If a Christian hates someone, he is not following what Jesus said.
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#89985 May 21, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
Jesus is King of kings and Lord of lords and he has all power in Heaven and Earth and he is the Word of God. When we see Jesus we will see God, because the Spirit of God is upon him. God has given Jesus all of his power.
No, he is not. He is a fairy tale. Grow up. Put away childish things.
KJV

United States

#89986 May 21, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
Everything evolved from rain falling on rocks and forming a mud puddle.
And the BB is when nothing exploded and created everything.
Plants evolved in to plant eating animals.
"

Well, good for you, KJV! You didn't get the last one right, but it's progress. You don't have to be a biologist or an astrophysicist to grasp the barest basics. Remember, the burden of understanding is like Matt 25:15. There is no shame in only being able to carry one bag.
And you're proud of believing in these 3 myths.

BB (Big Bang)

SSGL (Spontaneous Self Generating life)

E.(Evolution) LOL.
KJV

United States

#89987 May 21, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Christians are commanded not to call people crazy. If a Christian hates someone, he is not following what Jesus said.
Oh! I better try and control my prodding of the weaker faith. Thanks.
FREE SERVANT
#89988 May 21, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Hear, O Israel. The lord is our God, the Lord is one. You are polytheistic and worship 3 gods. Jesus equates himself with God. "For you have said in your heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God, I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north. I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. Yet you will be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit". Isaiah 14:13-15. Jesus has been reincarnated and this time will burst into flames and go to hell, the bottomless pit, a black hole. Ezekiel 28:18-19.
There is one Jesus Christ and he went to the cross for whosoever will believe in him. There is only one way into the kingdom of God and that is through and by Jesus our lord.
FREE SERVANT
#89989 May 21, 2013
buckwheat wrote:
<quoted text>No, he is not. He is a fairy tale. Grow up. Put away childish things.
Sorry to tell you Evolution is false and Jesus is real. I know beyond any doubt who I serve.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#89990 May 21, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry to tell you Evolution is false and Jesus is real. I know beyond any doubt who I serve.
False dichotomy.

Many, MANY (most?) persons of faith, including Christians accept the Theory of Evolution.

This has been explained to you.

FREE SERVANT
#89992 May 21, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
False dichotomy.
Many, MANY (most?) persons of faith, including Christians accept the Theory of Evolution.
This has been explained to you.
I believe the first man was made in the image and likeness of God and his woman was made from him. God created all living things on Earth and they were made in kinds from the beginning. This has been explained to you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Any Word ! (Mar '11) 3 min Knock off purse s... 5,198
News new Women bare breasts for gender equality on G... 3 min P Ness 15
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 9 min -Coffee Mate-- 146,547
One Word (Jan '09) 9 min Knock off purse s... 17,131
Make up your wildest Headline. (Aug '08) 10 min Knock off purse s... 676
Play "end of the word" (Nov '08) 12 min Que Sera Sera 25,557
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 14 min Knock off purse s... 33,285
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 29 min Sharlene45 197,739
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 56 min Crystal_Clear722 59,932
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 5 hr Fish_sticks 8,863
More from around the web