Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#89869 May 21, 2013
We as Christians believe that Jesus has risen and he has power even over death and the grave.

“Robert Stevens”

Level 1

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#89870 May 21, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Common sense is to not believe just any old tale told to you. Yet, that is all anyone has in the way of "proof" for the existence of this God so many alledge to exist. It is called hearsay, someone told you there was a god and you believed them. That is all there is, all the rest is nothing more than a dog and pony show.
This is your problem not mine. I know I have a soul, and my existence don't end with the stoppage of the brain. I do trust you too, know yourself. I'd wish you better luck in your next existence but I am sorry to say for you the end is THE END.

Patriot

Antioch, TN

#89871 May 21, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
"Satan's Brew"?!?
Wow. Just....wow.
satan's brew you are right, I seen folks allow that to destroy their lives.I tried my best to help someone very close to me to put it down,but they did not have enough sense to let it alone and it caused alot of trouble for all involved and someone else close to me it led to his death.
Patriot

Antioch, TN

#89872 May 21, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Must be cheap beer.
I suppose single malt whisky might be angel nectar? I've no idea why religies would be opposed to burning brain cells. Wet brain and devout have identical symptoms.
back in the day on occasion I would like a little Balvenie Double Wood or Talisker, or 18 year old single barrel bourbon. I gave it up and do not miss it a whit.
Patriot

Antioch, TN

#89873 May 21, 2013
Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>Satan's brew? LMFAO!!! Fundies say the stupidest shit. Hey my captcha code is 6662..... must be a sign. LOL!!
You would think stupid if you suffered the consequences of someone else's actions due to the influence/addiction of alcohol.The makers of it show everyone having a good ole time, but do not show the homes and lives wrecked because of it.Yes, through alcohol satan did have a hold of the ones wrecked by it.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#89874 May 21, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The wicked go astray from the womb, as soon as they be born speaking lies. They cry for no reason.
I see.

And your head can rotate 360 degrees, no?

“Robert Stevens”

Level 1

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#89875 May 21, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Nope/
Less than half of Americans believe that.
And the fact that over 40% sorta do is a staggering indictment of the American education system.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/155003/hold-creati...
Thank you, I think your poll does prove my point. The fact the GOP is dumbing down America is really for other message threads. Due to science the creationist that denies, will be like The Dinosaur let's hope the same is true for the contemporary Republican beliefs. Judging by the last Presidential election we're about 20 years away. Let's hope less.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#89876 May 21, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>back in the day on occasion I would like a little Balvenie Double Wood or Talisker, or 18 year old single barrel bourbon. I gave it up and do not miss it a whit.
Both fine Scotch recommendations.

I now imbibe considerably less than I did in college, but when the wind blows from the right direction, I still enjoy a taste.

VERY rarely do I get 'blasted' anymore.

I think that comes with a bit of maturity.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#89877 May 21, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Or a Poe. I've seen a couple who were quite glib.
Too hard to tell the difference.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#89878 May 21, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The wicked go astray from the womb, as soon as they be born speaking lies. They cry for no reason.
You are one sick person. They cry because that is the only method of communication they have at that age, idiot.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#89879 May 21, 2013
In fact, I received as a Christmas gift from a like-minded friend Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban 12.

Have yet to open it. Might save the bottle for a vacation to the beach in July.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#89880 May 21, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>satan's brew you are right, I seen folks allow that to destroy their lives.I tried my best to help someone very close to me to put it down,but they did not have enough sense to let it alone and it caused alot of trouble for all involved and someone else close to me it led to his death.
So Jesus was wrong to change water into wine. Got it.
Elohim

Branford, CT

#89881 May 21, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>You would think stupid if you suffered the consequences of someone else's actions due to the influence/addiction of alcohol.The makers of it show everyone having a good ole time, but do not show the homes and lives wrecked because of it.Yes, through alcohol satan did have a hold of the ones wrecked by it.
Satan is a mythical creation of a vivid imagination. Addiction has nothing to do with this myth. Lack of self control does.
Patriot

Antioch, TN

#89882 May 21, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
So Jesus was wrong to change water into wine. Got it.
The wine in the miracle at the marriage in Cana of Galilee is not the same as the firey wines/liquors of today. There were 3 different kinds of wine in those days and the kind he "made" had next to nil in alcohol.one would have to drink an enormous quantity to get a buzz off it. It was against the mosiac law to drink undiliuted wine.
Patriot

Antioch, TN

#89883 May 21, 2013
Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>Satan is a mythical creation of a vivid imagination. Addiction has nothing to do with this myth. Lack of self control does.
Lack of self control is the key factor, I think it is baloney that folks call it a disease, it is just lack of self disipline. When he sees one has a "weakness" he jumps in with both feet.I hear people drink because they had a bad childhood,etc. I have seen some bad crap go down while overseas in a combat zone and I do not drink because of that.Yes, one comes back not the same as before, but the bottle is not the way to deal with it. Ones of my closest friends drank himself to death over it.
Patriot

Antioch, TN

#89884 May 21, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Both fine Scotch recommendations.
I now imbibe considerably less than I did in college, but when the wind blows from the right direction, I still enjoy a taste.
VERY rarely do I get 'blasted' anymore.
I think that comes with a bit of maturity.
In my younger days I did play around with it more than I should have and had my high flying adventuress,yes I know that while under the influence one say and do things they would not normally do. I am in my early 50's now. When I got in my late 30's I seen that I needed to let those things go. One thing I noticed I had more $$ in my pocket and no headaches in the morning. I have lived life on both sides of the fence and I like the side I am on now MUCH better.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#89885 May 21, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>The wine in the miracle at the marriage in Cana of Galilee is not the same as the firey wines/liquors of today....
Yes it was.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#89886 May 21, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, I think your poll does prove my point. The fact the GOP is dumbing down America is really for other message threads. Due to science the creationist that denies, will be like The Dinosaur let's hope the same is true for the contemporary Republican beliefs. Judging by the last Presidential election we're about 20 years away. Let's hope less.
20 years? One is not awfully optimistic - but the end result is inevitable.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#89887 May 21, 2013
Patriot wrote:
Yes, comes back not the same as before, but the bottle is not the way to deal with it.
I'll agree with you there.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#89888 May 21, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Too hard to tell the difference.
*sigh*

Yes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Let's Play Songs Titled with Two Words ... 3 min Scarbelly Bob 488
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 20 min Lumajuice 158,130
How to use the rotary dryer? 1 hr menglihua 1
Dave's bar and grill,is now open. (May '13) 1 hr David0407 5,983
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) 1 hr Lumajuice 977
3 Word Sentence (each word, one syllable only) 1 hr Nobody 2 Special 241
A Five Letter Word (Jan '12) 1 hr Nobody 2 Special 2,257
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 3 hr andet1987 27,600
Rest in Peace, Spock 3 hr Super Ego Rob Lowe 342
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 4 hr Radical Miracle 39,445