Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 222780 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#89853 May 21, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually every other fundie on the planet could say the same about you. And so could I. And EVERY claim would be just as valid as everyone else's. The simple fact of the matter is that you don't know any more about God than anyone else does, period. You are not the world's greatest Biblical scholar, you're not His personally appointed mouthpiece, He does not love you best, you don't have any more special access to special knowledge that nobody else does, you're no more special than anyone else. You're just yet another fundie with a monumentally massive ego who thinks they're better than everyone else.(apologies to Lenny)
You are NOT that important. At all.
Which is why you'll note that I did not and will never claim to know more about "THE God", since no-one on the entire planet can even demonstrate that such a thing even exists. I don't HAVE to worry about misunderstanding God because any potential misunderstanding is EXACTLY the same as everyone else's.
You on the other hand are pretty easy to understand. You're just another nut amongst a cacophony of nuts that we deal with on here every day. I have serious doubts you will even ever become as noticable as Ellen White, and she is only famous for being a nut.(shrug)
Time will tell. I ended the cold war, restored pride to the military and got the Jews out of Russia. I do believe I speak for God and he has made my mouth like a sharp sword.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#89854 May 21, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
It can be difficult to tell as, if not a Poe, she's not playing with a full sack. But from what I gather she was just arguing within their Bible, the NT (which she rejects) whereby Jesus' promised return already happened with the Easter resurrection. But since she doesn't believe that anyway, she believes in the OT and has further built her own theology around that, whereby a new Jesus will come along who actually serves Satan and that she is some sort of Messianic Prophet who God thinks is special enough to provide her with the details of the Drive a Volkswagen Day apocalypse which will occur "sometime" between 2013-2015.
<quoted text>
Indeed. Sounds like the beginnings of Jesus Camp, which is nothing short of psychological abuse if subjected to minors. Good demonstration of how twisted religous fundamentalism is.
Lucifer (Jesus) has been reincarnated and is the leader of the sons of darkness. The Messiah who is God incarnate is also here and is the leader of the sons of light. The Lord will plead with all flesh until the end when they execute her. Jesus is going to burst into flames as will all his followers.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#89855 May 21, 2013
susanblange wrote:
Time will tell. I ended the cold war, restored pride to the military and got the Jews out of Russia. I do believe I speak for God and he has made my mouth like a sharp sword.
susanblange wrote:
I'm mentally ill.
You'll get no argument from me.
FREE SERVANT
#89856 May 21, 2013
I have an agate stone that has a picture of a scarlet purple robe over a man in green long sleve clothing who has a long object over his shoulder and below him is a man lifting a square object and this man has a red hat white pants with a machette on his side and red shoes. Now what would this mean, because it is there to see? I was looking for an agate to mount on my Bible theme cherry wood twist cane when this stone came into my hands and it was found at a place called Cane Branch. Miracles still happen today and the Bible is telling the truth. Evolutionist are still trying to find reasons to feel hopeful about Darwin when nothing they find is likely to work when they deny the Bible.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#89857 May 21, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>John 10:17-18 states Christ laid down his life, NO MAN took the life from him, he had the power to lay down his life and take it back again.1 Cor 15:12-20 If Christ did not rise from the dead then our faith is vain, ifin this life only we have hope we are men most miserable(V 19)
Isaiah 57:10 "You are wearied in the greatness of your way, yet you said not, there is no hope". Your hope will not hold up or be realized. Your god is dead.
Patriot

Nashville, TN

#89858 May 21, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>So wherein lies the "sacrifice"?
Just a thought - it might have worked better if he'd stayed dead.
Romans 1:4 "..declared to be the Son of God with power according to the Spirit of holiness,by the resurrection from the dead" Matt 28:18 "..all power has been given to me in heaven and on the earth"...I could give many more but you would just scoff
Patriot

Nashville, TN

#89859 May 21, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Which god? There are thousands if not millions of them.
Clarity would help.
For example a pub oriented god like the FSM would laugh his metaphorical ass off and get you a round of beer.
you can keep satan's brew, I have seen MANY lives destroyed by that conconction. Some folks very close to me messed up their lives thanks to that poison.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#89860 May 21, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh? What?
She's a serious nut-job
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#89861 May 21, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
The Bible is for everyone to read and understand and it tells us all power in heaven and earth is now delegated to Jesus Christ and the scriptures should not have private meaning, but Jesus gave many parables to his followers so the world would not know what was meant. Now we as Christians should go out into all the world and tell them about the gospel that is God's plan of salvation for everyone who believes. The whole body of believers may have differences in explaining the scriptures, but his people are known by the love they have for oneanother and he will return one day for his loving church.
Jesus did not want to be understood, that's why he spoke in parables. They're wind and confusion anyway and make no sense. Jesus has been reincarnated and is the leader of the sons of darkness. His new name is Bill and this time he will burst into flames and go to hell.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#89862 May 21, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>you can keep satan's brew, I have seen MANY lives destroyed by that conconction. Some folks very close to me messed up their lives thanks to that poison.
"Satan's Brew"?!?

Wow. Just....wow.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#89863 May 21, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>Romans 1:4 "..declared to be the Son of God with power according to the Spirit of holiness,by the resurrection from the dead" Matt 28:18 "..all power has been given to me in heaven and on the earth"...I could give many more but you would just scoff
And yet, he got better?

Not much of a sacrifice.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#89864 May 21, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>If the crucifixion was a sham, all of christianity falls apart. Christian theology is predicated on it and everything that wasn't fulfilled was nailed to the cross.
CM wrote:Do you prefer Romeros or Cohibas?
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I don't understand what you mean?
Give that lady a cigar!
(Make it two!)
Elohim

Branford, CT

#89865 May 21, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>you can keep satan's brew, I have seen MANY lives destroyed by that conconction. Some folks very close to me messed up their lives thanks to that poison.
Satan's brew? LMFAO!!! Fundies say the stupidest shit. Hey my captcha code is 6662..... must be a sign. LOL!!

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#89866 May 21, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
CM wrote:Do you prefer Romeros or Cohibas?
<quoted text>
Give that lady a cigar!
(Make it two!)
As long as you're buying....make mine Arturo Fuente Grand Reserva Churchill (Natural).

I'll get the Macallans. I trust 12-year old is sufficient?

(P.S. If regular old BEER is "Satan's Brew", where does that put Macallans?)
FREE SERVANT
#89867 May 21, 2013
Jesus willfully suffered and bled and died upon a cruel cross when he could have refused to do it. God had planned for Jesus to go to the cross to redeem mankind and it was his will that his Son would be put to death and have power so that whosoever will believe in him can be saved.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#89868 May 21, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as you're buying....make mine Arturo Fuente Grand Reserva Churchill (Natural).
I'll get the Macallans. I trust 12-year old is sufficient?
(P.S. If regular old BEER is "Satan's Brew", where does that put Macallans?)
Must be cheap beer.
I suppose single malt whisky might be angel nectar? I've no idea why religies would be opposed to burning brain cells. Wet brain and devout have identical symptoms.
FREE SERVANT
#89869 May 21, 2013
We as Christians believe that Jesus has risen and he has power even over death and the grave.

“Robert Stevens”

Level 1

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#89870 May 21, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Common sense is to not believe just any old tale told to you. Yet, that is all anyone has in the way of "proof" for the existence of this God so many alledge to exist. It is called hearsay, someone told you there was a god and you believed them. That is all there is, all the rest is nothing more than a dog and pony show.
This is your problem not mine. I know I have a soul, and my existence don't end with the stoppage of the brain. I do trust you too, know yourself. I'd wish you better luck in your next existence but I am sorry to say for you the end is THE END.

Patriot

Nashville, TN

#89871 May 21, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
"Satan's Brew"?!?
Wow. Just....wow.
satan's brew you are right, I seen folks allow that to destroy their lives.I tried my best to help someone very close to me to put it down,but they did not have enough sense to let it alone and it caused alot of trouble for all involved and someone else close to me it led to his death.
Patriot

Nashville, TN

#89872 May 21, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Must be cheap beer.
I suppose single malt whisky might be angel nectar? I've no idea why religies would be opposed to burning brain cells. Wet brain and devout have identical symptoms.
back in the day on occasion I would like a little Balvenie Double Wood or Talisker, or 18 year old single barrel bourbon. I gave it up and do not miss it a whit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 3 min Open Range Fish F... 27,432
I Believe __________________ ....... (Feb '11) 6 min September Daze 753
Woman appreciate a man that.........? (Mar '15) 10 min Poster 209
News President Trump visits Huntsville in support of... 31 min Emerald 7
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 32 min Love Worn 24,568
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 1 hr Hoosier Hillbilly 11,151
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 1 hr Hoosier Hillbilly 33,617
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr Dear Missus 223,413
Things that make life eaiser... (Apr '15) 2 hr Gunslinger45 971
Phrases that you don't hear very often (Nov '11) 2 hr Gunslinger45 783