Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 223191 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 3

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#89582 May 19, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
"age of enlightenment"...you mean knowledge of men?
James 3:13-18 ESV /
Who is wise and understanding among you? By his good conduct let him show his works in the meekness of wisdom. But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast and be false to the truth.
This is not the wisdom that comes down from above, but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic. For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there will be disorder and every vile practice.
But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere....
New Living Translation (2007)
&#9668; Daniel 12:4 &#9658;
But you, Daniel, keep this prophecy a secret; seal up the book until the time of the end, when many will rush here and there, and knowledge will increase."
Proverbs 13:1-25 ESV
A wise son hears his father's instruction, but a scoffer does not listen to rebuke. From the fruit of his mouth a man eats what is good, but the desire of the treacherous is for violence. Whoever guards his mouth preserves his life; he who opens wide his lips comes to ruin. The soul of the sluggard craves and gets nothing, while the soul of the diligent is richly supplied. The righteous hates falsehood, but the wicked brings shame and disgrace....
Totally man. The accumulation of knowledge is the devil.

Level 3

Location hidden

#89583 May 19, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
We have been using science to prove the Bible....don't you know that or are your evolutionary teachers hiding that fact?
Intellegent Design scientists are being fired from their decades long professions these days, kinda like persecution???
Why would they fire them if they werent afraid they would expose the lie of evolution .....and they would lose their funding.....and therefore lose their livelyhood.
Why do they want to silence them if they can prove ID to be false???
Please answer the last question, at least.
No, you haven't been using science to "prove the bible." In fact, it's quite the opposite - biblical claims look increasingly silly as we advance scientifically, and some have been outright proven wrong.

Teachers are not hiding anything of the sort. Proof for this assertion? Thought not.

"ID scientists" (now that's an oxymoron if I've ever heard one) are being fired because they are not fulfilling their duties. ID is not science, it is religion masquerading as science - when a scientist decides to start pursuing nonsense, they are no longer a scientist.

They aren't being fired because they might "expose the lie of evolution," they are being fired because they aren't doing science. The TOE is not threatened by ID in the same way that the heliocentric model of the solar system is not threatened by the earth centric model of the solar system.

Finally, they aren't being "silenced," they are free to pursue whatever nonsense they want to on their own time or via private funding from some ID foundation - it's just that psuedoscience has no place in the scientific world. No one cares to prove it wrong for the same reason that no one cares to prove the "flat earthers" wrong. It's not falsifiable anyway - indeed, it is not a scientific theory.

Would you be up in arms if a university fired a professor because he insisted on teaching his students that the earth was flat?

Level 3

Location hidden

#89584 May 19, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Anything 'anti-biblical
2. Satan (you're just still blind to his control)
3. Yes there are
4. Yes there are
5. Yes there are
6. Anything anti-biblical
7. Yes you do when you agree with unbiblical things and obsessively push those ideas.
1. "Anything anti-biblical?" That is not a doctrine, first of all, and second of all, being anti-christianity is not the defining feature of atheism.

2. Satan is our god, but we are blind to his control? Do you know how imbecelic, paranoid, and arrogant that makes you sound? You don't have the "truth" any more than any other human on the planet, yet you seem to think that you *know* that atheists are nothing but pawns for the devil. Laughable.

3. No, there are no atheist churches. That phrase is the definition of an oxymoron. We gather to worship our lack of belief? Really?

4. Name on "atheist prophet."

5. Name on "atheist preacher." Dawkins, Harris, etc. are not preachers, by the way.

6. Again, atheism is not defined by "anti-christianity." Atheism is defined by a lack of belief, period. That's all there is to it.

7. This last point doesn't even make any sense.

Level 3

Location hidden

#89585 May 19, 2013
Colorado Chick wrote:
<quoted text> Because, he wanted his followers to use their brain power to figure it out...INSTEAD of being told..the answer...AIN'T ROCKET SCIENCE!!!
So your god uses intentionally confusing language when speaking directly to his followers? Why would he do that? Sounds to me like you're explaining away a blatant biblical falsehood by making assumptions that you have no reason to make. Also, why would he "challenge" his followers to "figure it out" when it is impossible to determine the time of his return anyway?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#89586 May 19, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you look at the complex, beautiful world and believe that it all came about by accident?
How can you look at this complex, beautiful world and still cling to a stone-age myth THAT HAS BEEN PROVEN TO BE A LIE!!!

not sure if you are clear on that part...you are worshiping a proven lie. why would any sane person do that?

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Indianapolis, IN

#89588 May 19, 2013
creationist wrote:
When you reject God you become stupid. Obviously that's what has happened here.
Something's wrong here. You evidently do not reject god yet you are clearly stupid. Can you explain that?
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#89589 May 19, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>So, Leviticus is out the window.
Good to know.
That's ALL of Leviticus, right?
Again, it will say if a statute or judgment is perpetual or forever. We are also to keep all of the law until the Messiah comes and changes it. Speaking of the end times, Malachi 4:4 says "Remember ye the law of Moses my servant, which I commanded to him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgments".
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#89590 May 19, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Nah, you're wrong. ZEUS touched me with his tingly, lightning infused appendage, and since then I have known the TRUTH. I know that you will debase and mock me, something I would have done in the past - but I can only hope that Zeus sends a lightning bolt (the friendly kind, not the deadly kind) your way so that you too can learn the truth, and we can be brothers in electricity.
From the flying roll, "I set the toilets on fire" The Messiah will "shew the lighting down of his arm" and his fruit shall be a "fiery flying serpent" The Messiah (God) is going to set his enemies and the wicked on fire. There's no fire in hell, you don't burn, you rot. Fire is a symbol of holiness.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#89591 May 19, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Do you know how long people have been claiming the imminent return of jesus? He's about two-thousand years late.
I am not a Christian but Jesus has been reincarnated and is here. He is Lucifer and has been cast out of heaven. Lucifer is Satans counterfeit messiah and he came to finish satans work. Everybody that has a role to play in the end times is here and we're all getting old. "The actors and jesters are here, the stage is in darkness and clear, for raising the curtain and no ones quite certain whose play it is " Supertramp.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#89592 May 19, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>It's funny how you acknowledge the fact that jesus said he would return within the lifetimes of his followers ("this generation will not pass..."), but then you immediately explain it away with an appeal to the mysterious nature of god. The question of how long a generation is to jesus is meaningless. Even if he considers a generation to be thousands of years, he knew that his audience at the time (his followers) considered a generation to be a human lifetime. Why would he use such an easily misinterpreted phrase (if he did actually mean something else)?
A generation is 40 years and Christians have to twist what Jesus said to make it plausible. This just proves the NT to be a fraud. The reason he said this is because of Psalm 22:30 "...it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation" This is one of the prophecies that Christians apply to the crucifixion of Jesus.
Mary Magdalena

United States

#89593 May 19, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
There was a flood!"

Nope, no evidence that ever happened.
You lie. What's new.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#89594 May 19, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Totally man. The accumulation of knowledge is the devil.
Knowledge is not a bad thing, only its misuse is bad. Part of what the Holy Spirit brings is knowledge. Isaiah 11:2 and the "knowledge of the holy is understanding" (of the scriptures) Proverbs 9:10.

Level 1

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#89595 May 19, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, good. Then it is agreed then that the Bible cannot be taken literally.
Or seriously. No one, not a single person on the earth takes the Bible seriously.

Level 1

Location hidden

#89596 May 19, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it is agreed that only those who fear the Lord, have the wisdom to understand Him and His Word. To the unbeliever, the Bibles Words are jiberish, right???
Proverbs 9:10
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.
JESUS: Luke 19:27, "But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me.'"

JESUS: Luke 14:26, "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters yes, even his own life he cannot be my disciple."

GOD: 2 Kings 18:27, "...that they may eat their own dung and drink their own pisss with you..."

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#89597 May 19, 2013
[QUOTE who="Mary Magdalena
"]<quoted text>
You lie. What's new.[/QUOTE]

Bearing false witness, MM? What's new?
You have geologic evidence of a flood in the past 5,000 years that over-topped all the mountains under the entire heavens by 15 cubits? Bring it on.

Level 1

Location hidden

#89598 May 19, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I am not a Christian but Jesus has been reincarnated and is here. He is Lucifer and has been cast out of heaven. Lucifer is Satans counterfeit messiah and he came to finish satans work. Everybody that has a role to play in the end times is here and we're all getting old. "The actors and jesters are here, the stage is in darkness and clear, for raising the curtain and no ones quite certain whose play it is " Supertramp.
Of course you are not a Christian, no one is! Sure there are plenty of pew warming simple minded followers of St. Paul, but no Christians.

Level 1

Location hidden

#89599 May 19, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Knowledge is not a bad thing, only its misuse is bad. Part of what the Holy Spirit brings is knowledge. Isaiah 11:2 and the "knowledge of the holy is understanding" (of the scriptures) Proverbs 9:10.
God used the Holy Spook to knock up the Virgin Mary when she was only 12 years old. God is a child molestor.

And the alledged flood makes God the ultimate mass murderer.

Why doesn't the Bible tell us anything good about God?
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#89600 May 19, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed
http://www.cross.tv/63730
This video has a long list of ID scientists being fired for even mentioning ID in any papers.
What are the Evo scientists afraid of?
Being shown fradulent hence losing their grants? I say yes.
Hey, you weren't wrong when they said "No Intelligence Allowed". Because the IDers aren't big on intelligence.

That's why even in their own movie they aren't able to explain what the "scientific theory" of IDC is. That's why papers proposing IDC are rejected because they simply lack the science that's required.

So your boys are really whining that the scientists were right about them all along. Boo hoo. Cue Jesus martyr card and pretend to be like Jesus, except for the LYING LIKE HELL part.

Level 1

Location hidden

#89601 May 19, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Bearing false witness, MM? What's new?
You have geologic evidence of a flood in the past 5,000 years that over-topped all the mountains under the entire heavens by 15 cubits? Bring it on.
MaryM does not need proof, she has hear-say and deeply held beliefs. Her mamma and pappa told here there was a flood and that is all she needs to be as happy as a pig in mud.

What are we to do with these beings who believe just any old tale told to them?

A message from God to MM:

Prov. 12:22, "Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord."

Prov. 6:16 says, "there are 6 things the Lord hates, seven that are detestable to him" and the 19th verse says one of these is, "...a false witness who pours out lies and a man who stirs up dissension among brothers."
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#89602 May 19, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you can't deny the fact that there are more scientist employed that agree with Evo than ID scientist who are attacked by the large amount of money gathered up by the Evo crowd.
Same is true with Union members.
Same is true in politics.
Same is true with Planned Parenthood.
Science shouldn't be that way....but it is, because of the money.
... which they would not have if they did not produce results. As pointed out, evolution is accepted because evolution works.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 32 min Faith 32,207
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 38 min -TheExam- 38,891
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 41 min Hatti_Hollerand 13,876
Add a Word remove a Word (Oct '13) 1 hr Princess Hey 5,698
News Is the taxman coming for your steak? 2 hr 8541 MARINE 5
News Trump promises Alabama Sen. Strange will 'drain... 3 hr Just a Thought 7
What do you want for Christmas this year? 3 hr Ricky F 1
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 5 hr Dave 226,032
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 11 hr Princess Hey 150,841
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 11 hr honeymylove 34,386