Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 4,229)

Showing posts 84,561 - 84,580 of105,980
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
HTS

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, we do have proven artifacts of that age. just because you do not accept the proven, reproduceable evidence of such does not mean we do not have it.
I'm talking about a historically proven artifact. If there is one, tell me what it is.
HTS

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>disagreement with proven scientific facts does...
Now if you have some actual facts to counter the verifiable facts of the science you claim to debunk, it would be nice ot hear them...
I have presented numerous challenges to evolution, such as the impossibility of the evolution of flying reptiles.
The only responses I get are that I have an insufficiently great imagination and that I should accept evolution on faith.
There is no fossil evidence of pterosaur evolution.
There is no scientific proposal as to how a pterosaur could have evolved.
There is massive scientific evidence that the gradual evolution of powered flight in reptiles is mathematically impossible.
What scientific reason is there to believe that they did evolve?
HTS

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, the religious cults falsified their own man made gods. no other god , gods or goddesses have yet to show any shred of evidence to even suggest the possibility that may possibly exist, so that discussion cannot even start yet.
You're a liar, Woodtick. You cannot say tehre is not a "shred of evidence", because you have not examined all of the evidence.
HTS

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>soi basically, you are saying,"buy into this proven wrong cult or you won't know the truth..."
do you not realize how indoctrinated into the cult you are? there are cult de-programmers you can contact anytime online...utiltize them, you have been brainwashed.
Woodtick, you have been drinking too much evo-koolaid. Come back when you're sober.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
I have presented numerous challenges to evolution, such as the impossibility of the evolution of flying reptiles.
That is not impossible. You over estimate yourself greatly. It is only not well understood. There is a huge difference. Let's take your math abilities. Now you may be able to understand that 1 + 1 = 2. That is probably within your grasp. Odds are you don't understand that 23 + 49 = 71. Now since you don't understand the 23 + 49 = 71 does that mean you have proved it is impossible for that to happen? No.
The only responses I get are that I have an insufficiently great imagination and that I should accept evolution on faith.
No one said that to you. Perhaps you should accept evolution on faith since you cannot understand evidence. For the rest of us faith is not enough.
Wrong. But then you don't understand evidence.
Wrong again. The problem is that there is more than one scientific proposal on how pterosaurs achieved flight.
There is massive scientific evidence that the gradual evolution of powered flight in reptiles is mathematically impossible.
Wrong again. There is no evidence that shows gradual evolution of powered flight is impossible.

Seriously How's That for Stupid, you need to learn for your own good what is evidence and what is not.

We have massive evidence that all life evolved. Why do you think that the pterosaurs should be a special case?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain to me how Rubidium87-strontium87 chronometric corroborates C-14 dating...
You presented it as evidence.
Let's hear your justification.
Carbon dating confirms Earth is older than 6,000 years old. 87Sr, 86Sr confirms Earth is older than 6,000 years old.

PDF linky.

http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meetings/gold/pdf/239...

But again, why are you asking for something which has NO relevance to your position?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Wake Up wrote:
God's existence can not be proven to the unbeliever. Gods existence is proven only by believing. You either have faith and believe in him or you don't. It is not that difficult. If you are seeking for proof..you will not find it unless, by faith, you believe. So for all you atheist who continue to search for valid evidence from believers...and go back and forth with endless battles of who's right and wrong and what science says about the matter...and all your little scientific rants & theories and anecdotes, there is not one person on this earth that can satisfy your request for proof of God's existence. Your search in in vain.
Oh, I totally agree.

That means it's NOT our problem.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Wake Up wrote:
Can an octopus prove what kind of surface is on the moon? Some things are just not within the limits of one species understanding. That does not mean God does not exist. It could be that we are limited in our understanding and brain power, just like Mr. Octopus. You think people can see everything, but you can't. You cant see dark matter, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. You can see a cloud in the sky but if you touch it you cant feel it. Somethings are just beyond understanding to mankind. You are a little person in this big ole universe...you can have all the book knowledge available to man and still be stupid, after all this time 100 years ago...what did we know?
So you're saying that because you're stupid and don't know anything that means everything was magically poofed into existence by an invisible magic Jew wizard?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>I'm talking about a historically proven artifact. If there is one, tell me what it is.
Why ask for something you have no interest in?

When are you ever going to address your past mistakes or anyone else's posts?

How big are your arms from constantly moving goalposts so much you never put 'em down?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

HTS wrote:
This sentence violates the law of non-contradiction.
HTS wrote:
HTS wrote:
HTS wrote:
HTS wrote:
HTS wrote:
http://scienceblogs.com/tetrapodzoology/2009/...

Of course it could be possible that experts are wrong because a non-medically non-biologically non-scientifically trained non-scientist says reality isn't real because we weren't there to know for sure that God didn't magically poof everything different.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>You're a liar, Woodtick. You cannot say tehre is not a "shred of evidence", because you have not examined all of the evidence.
No-one has ever presented any scientific evidence for the existence of a god.

Also why are you, a known and confirmed liar accusing other people of lying?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>Woodtick, you have been drinking too much evo-koolaid. Come back when you're sober.
Come back when you're conscious.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

HTS, what's the "scientific theory" of IDC?

When are you finally gonna get around to addressing one single point?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

The Dude wrote:
HTS, what's the "scientific theory" of IDC?
When are you finally gonna get around to addressing one single point?
His problem is differentiating between IDK and IDC.

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Level 3

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Funny, you telling me that humans on planet earth do not have the ability to choose?
creationist

Bartlesville, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

Evolution has been proven wrong long ago and there are too many gaps.

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Level 3

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Freedom of choice is an impossibility in light of God. You are violating the law of non-contradiction.
You will ignore that you are violating the law of non-contradiction. You are violating the law of non-contradiction.
How can I be violating the law of non-contradiction when GOD and/ or nature endowed humanity with the ability to choose innately?

This is not a violation of the law of non-contradiction because i am trying to protect what GOD and/or nature endowed us with!

You disagreeing and trying to take away humanity on planet earth ability to choose is in violation of the law of non-contradiction!
creationist

Bartlesville, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

No evolutionist has ever been able to answer this one question before. How do we tell right from wrong?
creationist

Bartlesville, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
No-one has ever presented any scientific evidence for the existence of a god.
Also why are you, a known and confirmed liar accusing other people of lying?
Better to believe in a god than believing that we came from a rock. Don't tell me that yours makes sense and my doesn't until you can actually prove what you believe.
creationist

Bartlesville, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

I will start to believe you if you can tell me how a soup can change to becoming the most complexed organism in the world. Plus how did the moon,the stars, the sun, and the universe come to be in the first place?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 84,561 - 84,580 of105,980
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

161 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Lets Ask Billy R! (May '12) 11 min FTW Forever 2,248
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! 11 min Independent 871
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 15 min night machine 3,731
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 17 min what 5,160
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 19 min night machine 4,465
"2" TWO word FUN game*** (Mar '13) 23 min night machine 1,232
**** The Wishing Well**** (Mar '13) 30 min night machine 1,415
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 37 min Tucson Dave 11,638
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 44 min Alexis_B 131,611