Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#89473 May 18, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and since the concept fo divine inspiration has been proven false, both in the writing and the interpretation of the bible, that means the entire cult is based on proven lies... and not the word of any god.
Where has God and the Bible ever been proven false???
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#89474 May 18, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it is agreed that only those who fear the Lord, have the wisdom to understand Him and His Word.
No. It is not.

If it WAS then the entire PLANET would share your beliefs.

As it happens at least two thirds does not.

Of course that's being generous and not taking different sects into account such as Catholicism and Protestantism.
imagine2011 wrote:
To the unbeliever, the Bibles Words are jiberish, right???
Proverbs 9:10
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.
Yes, as they presume their own validity. The Bible is true because the Bible sez so. Just ignore the bits it gets wrong because those parts are not to be taken literally.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#89475 May 18, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Got proof there wasn't a global flood?
Yes.

We are here.
imagine2011 wrote:
Most people who truly try to disprove the flood, wind up proving it to be true themselves.
This is a baseless assertion since no-one on the entire planet has been able to do so.
imagine2011 wrote:
Same thing with God.
As is this. Since no-one has yet been able to turn "God" into a falsifiable concept. Once you can do this then your position will have a valid argument.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#89476 May 18, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I can read....AND....I understand the Word, very well. Until you soften your heart to His Word, you will NEVER understand it, never.
This is merely pure ego on your part. The fact is that you have no more understanding than anyone else on the entire planet does. In order for your claims to have merit they must be OBJECTIVELY verifiable. Here you are arguing for the complete opposite. All your claims are SUBjective. You might as well be saying that blue is a "better" colour than green. Your interpretation is no better than anyone else's, period. Therfore you have no more access to "special knowledge" of God than anyone else does.

Of course if you wish you CAN claim that God specially came along and gave you a happy with a personal visitation to your bedroom when no-one was looking, but then your claim could be dismissed same as with any UFO nut.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#89477 May 18, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
The concept of "God" cannot be proven false as it is non-falsifiable. Making it as valid as the Flying Spaghetti Monster, Invisible Pink Unicorn, or Cosmic Sheep of Dimension Zog. Or we COULD all be trapped in the Matrix.

The Bible however, IF taken literally, can be. Hence humanity did not begin with two people. Plants did not appear before the sun. Lizards and donkeys can't talk. Global flood never happened. And the Earth is not a flat square circle which rests on foundations fixed and unmoving at the center of a geocentric universe which revolves around it.

But then as we all know, there's no such thing as a Biblical literalist.(shrug)

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#89478 May 18, 2013
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
There was a flood![/QUOTE]

Nope, no evidence that ever happened.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#89479 May 18, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it is agreed that only those who fear the Lord, have the wisdom to understand Him and His Word. To the unbeliever, the Bibles Words are jiberish, right???
Proverbs 9:10
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.
Wait, so your god is a terrorist. Great choice there.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#89480 May 18, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Humanity is as much a part of the Universe as is everything in the Universe. This does not mean there is a magical sky being who brought it all into existence.
JESUS: John 14:12, KJV Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father."
Please tell us of something you have done that is a greater 'work' than all that Jesus did.
The faith that his people will inherit when they enter into the kingdom of God may be great in that way. Ears have not heard or eyes have not seen what may be in store for his people.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#89481 May 18, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
No. It is not.
Of course that's being generous and not taking different sects into account such as Catholicism and Protestantism.
<quoted text>
Yes, as they presume their own validity. The Bible is true because the Bible sez so. Just ignore the bits it gets wrong because those parts are not to be taken literally.
Everyone is born an unbeliever.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#89482 May 18, 2013
Because Jesus has gone to be with his father, we may go where he is and he has gone to prepare a place for each and every one of his people. If we reject such a great salvation, we have chosen to do so.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#89483 May 18, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>

<quoted text>
The Bible does say that most people will reject God, so you are right about 2/3rds are not believing. That only proves the Bible correct...again.

Matthew 7:13
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#89484 May 18, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>who told you this? how do you know their interpretation is correct? how do you know this needed interpretation as wasn't literal?
more proof that the bible is not the word of any god...
The Holy Spirit told me this; it teaches and guides you for God.

There is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit comes to live inside of born again believers. That is why our bodies are a temple of God.

That is why God's Kingdom is at hand, because His Holy Spirit already is on earth, inside of believers.

New Living Translation (2007)
&#9668; Ephesians 1:14 &#9658;
The Spirit is God's guarantee that he will give us the inheritance he promised and that he has purchased us to be his own people. He did this so we would praise and glorify him.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#89485 May 18, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible does say that most people will reject God, so you are right about 2/3rds are not believing. That only proves the Bible correct...again.
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.
Actually, no it doesn't. Others were just indoctrinated by a different scam, but they are all scams. Cthulhu has said that anyone who denies him is insane.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#89486 May 18, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Holy Spirit told me this; it teaches and guides you for God.
There is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
The Holy Spirit comes to live inside of born again believers. That is why our bodies are a temple of God.
That is why God's Kingdom is at hand, because His Holy Spirit already is on earth, inside of believers.
&#9668; Ephesians 1:14 &#9658;
The Spirit is God's guarantee that he will give us the inheritance he promised and that he has purchased us to be his own people. He did this so we would praise and glorify him.
So you worship a pantheon.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#89487 May 18, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, no it doesn't. Others were just indoctrinated by a different scam, but they are all scams. Cthulhu has said that anyone who denies him is insane.
Everyone is born an unbeliever. Only the Holy Spirit can call you and only you can accept.

If you don't accept God, you continually will be an unbeliever and think God's Word is hogwash, just as I did before I received His Spirit.

Before then, I would have whole heartedly agreed with you, but since then, I know the truth.

It's something supernatural, for sure. Almost inexplicable.

&#9668; Ecclesiastes 3:11 &#9658;
Yet God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God's work from beginning to end.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#89488 May 18, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone is born an unbeliever. Only the Holy Spirit can call you and only you can accept.
If you don't accept God, you continually will be an unbeliever and think God's Word is hogwash, just as I did before I received His Spirit.
Before then, I would have whole heartedly agreed with you, but since then, I know the truth.
Yet God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God's work from beginning to end.
Cthulhu predicted that you would lie and say these blasphemous things.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#89489 May 18, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
You made a terrible mistake. You assumed that your Bible has been shown to be correct when that is far from the truth.

The Bible has been shown to be wrong many times. No Adam and Eve, no Noah's flood or Ark or any other such nonsense. No Exodus from Egypt.

It also has several failed prophecies, the Tyre prophesy for example and the follow up that Zeke gave about Nebuchadnezzar defeating Egypt. In fact there are a host of prophecies about Egypt that are wrong.

And of course there is the bad science, already mentioned, the bad geography, and countless contradictions. The Bible cannot even keep the resurrection story straight between the gospels In the four different Gospels you will find different stories of when the women who first visited the grave showed up, how many there were, who they were, who or what they saw, how many people they saw and so on. It is as if the writers were following the same basic outline but each filled in his own "facts".
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#89490 May 18, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Praise his mighty name, Amen.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#89491 May 18, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Got proof there wasn't a global flood?
Most people who truly try to disprove the flood, wind up proving it to be true themselves.
Same thing with God.
Yes, it is called geology. You might want to check it out some day.

And no, most people who try to disprove the flood disprove it. In fact you have your story one hundred percent backwards. Many of the early geologists looked for evidence for a flood. Instead they found evidence against the flood.

Noah's Ark was well debunked before Darwin's time.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#89492 May 18, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you are only interpreting lines from the Bible from your point of view. It does not "prove" the Bible to be right.

You have a lot to learn about logic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 10 min stray-cat 152,730
7 Teens Come Home Pregnant From School Trip 25 min Joker 72
Top 5 Video Games Of All Time 57 min Janny25hhl 1
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 1 hr Dave 25,833
Myths made reality bizarre claims made for anci... 1 hr Ginny 38
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 1 hr Mega Monster 7,743
Post "any three words" (Sep '12) 2 hr CJ Rocker 1,115
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 3 hr andet1987 26,736
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 5 hr andet1987 2,989
More from around the web