Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 199189 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#89457 May 18, 2013
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
There was a flood![/QUOTE]there were millions of floods. there was no Noachian flood. proven fact.

your cult lied to you...again...
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#89458 May 18, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
"If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place, and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible to you"--Matt. 17:20
If nothing is impossible for you FS, then convince me that BibleGod exists. Oh, and when I am convinced would you please move Mt. St. Helens into the Pacific Ocean.
Mountains in the Bible are referring to Nations. Removing a Nation, is like changing the leadership.

Level 1

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#89459 May 18, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>From my understanding there was a beginning and eveything began very little then branched out to become great like a great tree.
Something can not come from nothing. Something has always existed and for some reason we can not understand went through a phase transistion about 13.5 billion years ago. The fact that we find ourselves alive on the surface of the planet earth, from having arisen in this biosphere is proof that we are part of the Universe and that we conform to all laws just like the planets, moons, galaxies and solar systems.

The real adventure, the final frontier, is when you look inside yourself and verify what it is that you are, how you operate etc. Unfortunately you already believe you know all of this and therefore have no intersted in exploring your own personal psychological evolution.

The real problem with human beings is that they believe just any old tale told to them.

Verify this.

St. Croix valley

#89460 May 18, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Mountains in the Bible are referring to Nations. Removing a Nation, is like changing the leadership.
who told you this? how do you know their interpretation is correct? how do you know this needed interpretation as wasn't literal?
more proof that the bible is not the word of any god...

Level 1

Location hidden

#89461 May 18, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
And what, we are just supposed to believe you?

Who appointed you to tell us God didn't say what he meant? If nations was meant then it would not say mountains. It says mountains, can you read?

Prov. 12:22, "Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord."

St. Croix valley

#89462 May 18, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
if we look at spiral galixies and tree branches we can see a common pattern. a pattern appears through out the cosmos. Systems exhibit a number pattern 0,1.1,2,3,5,8,13,21,34,55 and so on where each number is the sum of the two numbers that precede it and this denotes one design throughout the universe and on Earth and a single designer.
how does that denote a single designer or any designer at all?

seems you are just projecting your wishes upon what you see.

Level 1

Location hidden

#89463 May 18, 2013
The Great Iron Dictator wrote:
<quoted text>I tell the truth,you dumb AmeriCANT...
People like you make Me sick...
No one cares what makes you sick. You do NOT tell the truth, you repeat hearsay, do you know what that means? It means your mamma and your pappa told you lies and you were so stupid that you believed them and now you repeat those lies and get offended when intelligent beings capable of using logic and reason do not believe you. There is no reason to believe a word out of your mouth.

"O Lord, thou hast deceived me, and I was deceived...." (Jer. 20:7).

Level 1

Location hidden

#89464 May 18, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
if we look at spiral galixies and tree branches we can see a common pattern. a pattern appears through out the cosmos. Systems exhibit a number pattern 0,1.1,2,3,5,8,13,21,34,55 and so on where each number is the sum of the two numbers that precede it and this denotes one design throughout the universe and on Earth and a single designer.
Humanity is as much a part of the Universe as is everything in the Universe. This does not mean there is a magical sky being who brought it all into existence.

JESUS: John 14:12, KJV Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father."

Please tell us of something you have done that is a greater 'work' than all that Jesus did.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#89465 May 18, 2013
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
There was a flood![/QUOTE]

Yup.

Tons of 'em.

None global.

Otherwise we would not be here.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#89466 May 18, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, good. Then it is agreed then that the Bible cannot be taken literally.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#89467 May 18, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Something can not come from nothing. Something has always existed and for some reason we can not understand went through a phase transistion about 13.5 billion years ago.
Actually whether or not something always existed is something science is still debating on. One hypothesis is that energy is eternal and has always existed in one form or another, one of those forms being our universe. Another is that our universe is part of a much larger multiverse and ours sprung off from that. Another is that our universe itself was uncaused. Though counter-intuitive it does have scientific basis as uncaused quantum events have been observed. Examples include radioactive decay and the spontaneous appearance of particle-antiparticle pairs in a vacuum. Our universe *might* have been the result of a runaway quantum fluctuation.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#89468 May 18, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>how does that denote a single designer or any designer at all?
seems you are just projecting your wishes upon what you see.
Exactly. It could have been a committee.

Of course there would likely have been lots of disagreement. Which makes sense if you think about it.

St. Croix valley

#89469 May 18, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
and since the concept fo divine inspiration has been proven false, both in the writing and the interpretation of the bible, that means the entire cult is based on proven lies... and not the word of any god.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#89470 May 18, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it is agreed that only those who fear the Lord, have the wisdom to understand Him and His Word. To the unbeliever, the Bibles Words are jiberish, right???

Proverbs 9:10
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#89471 May 18, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup.
Tons of 'em.
None global.
Otherwise we would not be here.
Got proof there wasn't a global flood?

Most people who truly try to disprove the flood, wind up proving it to be true themselves.

Same thing with God.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#89472 May 18, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
And what, we are just supposed to believe you?
Who appointed you to tell us God didn't say what he meant? If nations was meant then it would not say mountains. It says mountains, can you read?
Prov. 12:22, "Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord."
Yes, I can read....AND....I understand the Word, very well. Until you soften your heart to His Word, you will NEVER understand it, never.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#89473 May 18, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and since the concept fo divine inspiration has been proven false, both in the writing and the interpretation of the bible, that means the entire cult is based on proven lies... and not the word of any god.
Where has God and the Bible ever been proven false???
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#89474 May 18, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it is agreed that only those who fear the Lord, have the wisdom to understand Him and His Word.
No. It is not.

If it WAS then the entire PLANET would share your beliefs.

As it happens at least two thirds does not.

Of course that's being generous and not taking different sects into account such as Catholicism and Protestantism.
imagine2011 wrote:
To the unbeliever, the Bibles Words are jiberish, right???
Proverbs 9:10
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.
Yes, as they presume their own validity. The Bible is true because the Bible sez so. Just ignore the bits it gets wrong because those parts are not to be taken literally.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#89475 May 18, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Got proof there wasn't a global flood?
Yes.

We are here.
imagine2011 wrote:
Most people who truly try to disprove the flood, wind up proving it to be true themselves.
This is a baseless assertion since no-one on the entire planet has been able to do so.
imagine2011 wrote:
Same thing with God.
As is this. Since no-one has yet been able to turn "God" into a falsifiable concept. Once you can do this then your position will have a valid argument.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#89476 May 18, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I can read....AND....I understand the Word, very well. Until you soften your heart to His Word, you will NEVER understand it, never.
This is merely pure ego on your part. The fact is that you have no more understanding than anyone else on the entire planet does. In order for your claims to have merit they must be OBJECTIVELY verifiable. Here you are arguing for the complete opposite. All your claims are SUBjective. You might as well be saying that blue is a "better" colour than green. Your interpretation is no better than anyone else's, period. Therfore you have no more access to "special knowledge" of God than anyone else does.

Of course if you wish you CAN claim that God specially came along and gave you a happy with a personal visitation to your bedroom when no-one was looking, but then your claim could be dismissed same as with any UFO nut.(shrug)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Is this a fish? Is it an alligator? Can you gue... 2 min Bama Yankee 7
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 5 min CJ Rocker 10,139
it's the color yellow 6 min revilot2 75
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 9 min CJ Rocker 192,713
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 10 min Grace Nerissa 56,758
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 13 min Icnoptnthis 145,370
Last two letters into two new words... (Jun '15) 14 min CJ Rocker 3,192
2words into 2new words (May '12) 17 min CJ Rocker 2,158
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 31 min post explainer 7,176
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 1 hr ilovedesigirls 7,414