Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 4,223)

Showing posts 84,441 - 84,460 of111,931
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
HTS

Sidney, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>what is your religion? do you not want to "debate" it as you know it has already been proven to be a myth?
How do you know my religion has been "proven to be a myth" when you don't know what it is?

I thought you DarwinBots acknowledged that God cannot be falsified. Why, then, are you claiming that a religion has been "proven" to be a myth?

I will not debate my religion with blaspheming religious bigots.
HTS

Sidney, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the bible certainly proves that the god tha cult created does not exist...
their own myths disprove their cult.
it is not bigotry when you can show factual reasons to be wary of a group of people. if one's religion tells them that people of another race are inferior, they are still racists. bigotry thinly veiled behind the guise of religious freedom is still bigotry...
You are a consummate bigot, Woodtick.
YOu have assumed that I am a cultist, without even knowing what my religion is.
Just because I don't worship at the feet of Charles Darwin doesn't make me a "fundie".

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>I have never argued from religion. You are always bringing it up. You don't know what my views are on Adam and Eve, the worldwide flood, or the Bible.
You don't have to say what you believe. That is clear by how you answer posts. Your arguments are never based upon science, they are based upon the misunderstanding of science that all creatards seem to have.

If you believe otherwise why not clear up the issue?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>I have never argued from religion. You are always bringing it up. You don't know what my views are on Adam and Eve, the worldwide flood, or the Bible.
So then ID is myth. That leaves you with only naturalistic causes and effects, in other words, evolution to explain speciation.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>How do you know my religion has been "proven to be a myth" when you don't know what it is?
I thought you DarwinBots acknowledged that God cannot be falsified. Why, then, are you claiming that a religion has been "proven" to be a myth?
Certain beliefs can be falsified. The concept of god as a whole cannot.

Of course it is possible to show that god cannot be omnipotent nor omniscient using basic logic. Of course even the Bible implies that. Why would Satan oppose God if he were omnipotent?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>How do you know my religion has been "proven to be a myth" when you don't know what it is?
you do have serious comprehensions issues. I did not say that. i asked if that is why you can't debate your religious cult...

I am not claiming it. it is a fact. the known religious cults of today have been proven to be myths. their gods have been proven to be myths. this does not mean there couldn't be some god out there somewhere, but that discussion can only start when the first teensy weensy shred of evidence that might even possibly suggest that maybe there is a god surfaces...when you get that first teensy shred, give us a call...

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a consummate bigot, Woodtick.
YOu have assumed that I am a cultist, without even knowing what my religion is.
Just because I don't worship at the feet of Charles Darwin doesn't make me a "fundie".
no...again, i clearly asked what your religion is. why can you not understand plain English?
HTS

Sidney, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no...again, i clearly asked what your religion is. why can you not understand plain English?
My religion is (or at least should be)irrelevant to this discussion.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
HEAD/DESK
HEAD/DESK
HEAD/DESK
Lol. And Lol again.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>My religion is (or at least should be)irrelevant to this discussion.
Shit, it should be irrelevant to any sane discussion. they are all proven myths.

we are not in the stone age anymore...

so your ignorance and misinformation on science comes from where?

Sao Paulo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Kong, I see you having some difficulty with this. Let me summarize the available information...
There are systems and cycles and patterns and systems and cycles and patterns and systems and cycles and patterns and systems and cycles and patterns and systems and cycles and patterns and systems and cycles and patterns and systems and cycles and patterns and systems and cycles and patterns and systems and cycles and patterns and systems and cycles and patterns and systems and cycles and patterns and systems and cycles and patterns and systems and cycles and patterns and systems and cycles and patterns and systems and cycles and patterns and systems and cycles and patterns.
I hope this helps.
LOL!

Sao Paulo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Wait a minute now, I stand out in my field all the time!
So you're a farmer?
HTS

Sidney, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So then ID is myth. That leaves you with only naturalistic causes and effects, in other words, evolution to explain speciation.
You have not falsified God.
HTS

Sidney, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Certain beliefs can be falsified. The concept of god as a whole cannot.
Of course it is possible to show that god cannot be omnipotent nor omniscient using basic logic. Of course even the Bible implies that. Why would Satan oppose God if he were omnipotent?
I agree.
HTS

Sidney, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Shit, it should be irrelevant to any sane discussion. they are all proven myths.
we are not in the stone age anymore...
so your ignorance and misinformation on science comes from where?
Disagreement with popular dogma does not make someone "anti-science".

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
I see that you're scraping the bottom of the barrel, Kong.
I logically refute the article you posted, and you then go off on a tangent and attempt to insult my credentials. You apparently think that anyone who disagrees with you has an "abysmal" knowldged of science.
Why can't you defend the premises of what you claim to be science without getting so emotional? Are you that insecure? Your conduct tells me that you see evolution as more of a religion than science. Someone who is committed to scientific discovery WELCOMES debate, and when he is called out, he doesn't resort to childish insults.
You're right in one regard, I WAS mistaken about Dr. Wiens having DOCUMENTATION on his site regarding the accuracy of C14 dating techniques. He goes into detail in DESCRIBING the technique, and the different methods of calibrating C14 dating (pages 13' & '14' of the article). http://www.asa3.org/ASA/resources/wiens.html

He DOES reference some graphs that further illustrate C14 dating accuracy -- and those graphs ARE documented ("Tree-ring data are from Stuiver et al.,
Radiocarbon 40, 1041-1083, 1998; stalactite data are from Beck et al., Science 292, 2453-2458, 2001."). There are other links at the bottom of the article where you could have gone to get additional information on C14 dating, but hey...

But I was mistaken in that I thought I remembered from earlier readings of the Wiens paper that he DID have ALL the required documentation for his explanation(s),-- he did not (but he DID have some). But let's say that this is moot, and there was NO further refererence from THAT ONE SITE to back up the accuracy of C14 dating data.

Many reputable science sites can clarify any questions you might have regarding the range, calibration and accuracy of C14 dating methods. It's not difficult to locate on your own and acutally LEARN something about that which you're attempting to argue against.(note: AIG and Discovery.org are the NOT "reputable science sites").

Oh, and btw, were I really "scraping the bottom of the barrel", you would still have me to look up to, "Doctor".

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>You have not falsified God.
I thought you said you did not want to bring religion into this? You have no evidence supporting any god.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>You have not falsified God.
no, the religious cults falsified their own man made gods. no other god , gods or goddesses have yet to show any shred of evidence to even suggest the possibility that may possibly exist, so that discussion cannot even start yet.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
It does if all he has to oppose this so called "dogma" is idiocy.

So far you are anti-science. You won't even bother to learn how science works. You can't be much more anti-science than that.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
disagreement with proven scientific facts does...

Now if you have some actual facts to counter the verifiable facts of the science you claim to debunk, it would be nice ot hear them...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 84,441 - 84,460 of111,931
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••