Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 197539 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#89393 May 18, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
I said that intelligence is the only OBSERVED force that is proven capable of creating complexity.
You observe the universe and ASSUME that no intelligence created it. Random forces have no proven capacity to create complexity.
I agree, let.s keep myths out of the discussion... Like the MYTH that natural selection can create complexity.
what else besides natural selection would have created diversity. there is no shred of evidence of any guiding intelligence to the universe at all. not one shred. yet there is tons of evidence for natural selection.

and no, i observe the universe and its complaxity and ...again....know that there is not one teensy shred of evidence of any guiding or creating intelligence. not one shred...

so it is just the facts I am dealing with, while it is YOU that keeps bringing your mythical creator/intelligence into the deal.

Level 1

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#89394 May 18, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>.
Intelligence is the only observable force in the universe capable of creating complexity.
There is no God! The Universe does not need such a being. And if there was such an impossibility as this God that you alledge the Bible does not tells us about it.

I have never observed intelligence in anyone who asserts their deeply held beliefs for the existence of an intelligent designer.

Where did this intelligent designer come from? How did it come to exist?

And you are just plain wrong about complexity arising from intelligence: The Universe exists under laws that it can not violate. The Universe is becoming conscious. Human beings have the possibility of participating in what the Universe is doing. To do so one has to "see" oneself. The "final frontier" is within our psychology where the ultimate evolution can occur

The possibility for the arising of human beings in biosphers through out the entire Universe existed in the first few moments of the phase-transition known as the Big Bang.

Your Santa Claus God does not exist except in your fear. Everything you know about this invisible magical being is hearsay: you mamma and pappa told you and now anyone who disagrees with this nonsense and lies is wrong. That is not intelligent.
HTS

Mandan, ND

#89395 May 18, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>what else besides natural selection would have created diversity. there is no shred of evidence of any guiding intelligence to the universe at all. not one shred. yet there is tons of evidence for natural selection.
and no, i observe the universe and its complaxity and ...again....know that there is not one teensy shred of evidence of any guiding or creating intelligence. not one shred...
so it is just the facts I am dealing with, while it is YOU that keeps bringing your mythical creator/intelligence into the deal.
You have the evidence.
Intelligence has been PROVEN to be capable of creating complexity.
Natural selection is IMAGINED to create complexity because God has been philosophically REJECTED.
Natural selection has been observed to be INCAPABLE of creating complexity.
What do you get after thousands of generations of fruitily experiments with fruit flies? New species with over traits? No, you get mutated fruit flies.
Your religion is the only obstacle that stands in the way of you acknowledging evidence.
HTS

Mandan, ND

#89396 May 18, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no God! The Universe does not need such a being. And if there was such an impossibility as this God that you alledge the Bible does not tells us about it.
I have never observed intelligence in anyone who asserts their deeply held beliefs for the existence of an intelligent designer.
Where did this intelligent designer come from? How did it come to exist?
And you are just plain wrong about complexity arising from intelligence: The Universe exists under laws that it can not violate. The Universe is becoming conscious. Human beings have the possibility of participating in what the Universe is doing. To do so one has to "see" oneself. The "final frontier" is within our psychology where the ultimate evolution can occur
The possibility for the arising of human beings in biosphers through out the entire Universe existed in the first few moments of the phase-transition known as the Big Bang.
Your Santa Claus God does not exist except in your fear. Everything you know about this invisible magical being is hearsay: you mamma and pappa told you and now anyone who disagrees with this nonsense and lies is wrong. That is not intelligent.
Your recycled evo-babbling is pointless.
You are the one mired in religion...

Level 1

Location hidden

#89397 May 18, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
I said that intelligence is the only OBSERVED force that is proven capable of creating complexity.
You can say it all you want but it does not make it so. Complexity is a natural function of the Universe that follows laws, the laws of physics.

This God of yours, can it beat a royal flush with a pair of three's? No, of course not. And if a being can't do everything it is not God. Can this invisible being you alledge make a square circle? No, of course not.

What you alledge is just silly nonsense.

Just like what we read in the Bible, all silly nonsense:

John 1:18 "No man hath seen God at any time;..."
Exodus 33:20, And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
John 6:46 "Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is ofGod, he hath seen the Father."
1 John 4:12 "No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us."

Versus

Gen. 32:30 "And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved."
Exod. 33:11 "And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend."
Num. 14:14 "...that thou LORD art seen face to face,..."
Job 42:5 "I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee."
Deut. 34:10 "And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face,..."
Deut. 5:4 "The LORD talked with you face to face...."

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#89398 May 18, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
You have the evidence.
Natural selection is IMAGINED to create complexity because God has been philosophically REJECTED.
What do you get after thousands of generations of fruitily experiments with fruit flies? New species with over traits? No, you get mutated fruit flies.
Your religion is the only obstacle that stands in the way of you acknowledging evidence.
in fact, your god has bveen rejected by the facts. it is natural selection that is the only real factor we know of creating complexity, besides intelligent animals...

why would fruit flies change if people are providing them with the perfect living environment?

Level 1

Location hidden

#89399 May 18, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
You have the evidence.
Your assertions are proof of nothing but that you make assertions with out a shred of evidence to back them up. So far I have seen no evidence for your assertions, yet you keep making assertions AS IF saying something makes it true.

I will be happy to prove to you that no such being as this God you alledge exists, just as soon as you are finished offering some actual evidence that such an impossibility does in fact exist. Deeply held beliefs and hearsay are not proof for the existence of God. Neither is the Universe and its processes. The Universe is proof of the Universe not that your God created it.

More proof, evidence, that the Bible can not be trusted:

Num. 23:19 "God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent."
1 Sam. 15:29 "And also the Strength of Israel will not lie nor repent: for he is not a man, that he should repent."

Versus

Jonah 3:10 "And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not."
1 Sam.15:11 "It repenteth me that I have set up Saul to be king...."
Exod. 32:14 And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.
Psalms.42:10 "... for I repent me of the evil that I have done unto you."
Gen. 6:6 "And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart."
1 Sam. 15:35 "...and the LORD repented that he had made Saul king over Israel."

Level 1

Location hidden

#89400 May 18, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Your recycled evo-babbling is pointless.
You are the one mired in religion...
If you are into repeating yourself over and over again with out a care in the world for providing any facts or evidence then you should go to Yahoo discussions where everyone calls each other names.

Here is more proof that the Bible can not be trusted:

Rom.3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God."
1Kgs. 8:46 "...for there is no man that sinneth not,...."
Prov.20:9 "Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin?"
Eccl. 7:23 "For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not."
Mark 10:18 "And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God."
Rom. 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one."

Versus

Gen. 6:9 "Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God."
Job 1:1 There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.
Job 1:8 "...my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?" (Job 2:3)
Gen. 7:1 "And the LORD said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation."
Luke 1:5-6 "In the days of Herod, the king of Judaea,there was a priest named Zacharias, of the division of Abia: andhe had a wife of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth. And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.(RSV)
Satan is Jewish

Podgorica, Montenegro

#89401 May 18, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Your assertions are proof of nothing but that you make assertions with out a shred of evidence to back them up. So far I have seen no evidence for your assertions, yet you keep making assertions AS IF saying something makes it true.
I will be happy to prove to you that no such being as this God you alledge exists, just as soon as you are finished offering some actual evidence that such an impossibility does in fact exist. Deeply held beliefs and hearsay are not proof for the existence of God. Neither is the Universe and its processes. The Universe is proof of the Universe not that your God created it.
More proof, evidence, that the Bible can not be trusted:
Num. 23:19 "God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent."
1 Sam. 15:29 "And also the Strength of Israel will not lie nor repent: for he is not a man, that he should repent."
Versus
Jonah 3:10 "And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not."
1 Sam.15:11 "It repenteth me that I have set up Saul to be king...."
Exod. 32:14 And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.
Psalms.42:10 "... for I repent me of the evil that I have done unto you."
Gen. 6:6 "And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart."
1 Sam. 15:35 "...and the LORD repented that he had made Saul king over Israel."
This is GREATEST Proof that GOD is real!!
This is the truth...
This is real Genocide...

Level 1

Location hidden

#89402 May 18, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>in fact, your god has bveen rejected by the facts. it is natural selection that is the only real factor we know of creating complexity, besides intelligent animals...
why would fruit flies change if people are providing them with the perfect living environment?
Fruit flies would NOT change if living in a perfect enviroment.

And yes, his God has been rejected because facts and evidence have replaced belief and faith. And because there is no evidence for the existence of his magical sky Santa. Someone needs to explain what hearsay is to our resident member of the invisible friends club.

I say there is no God because there isn't any. However I'll be happy to look at any evidence for its existence.

More evidence the Bible can not be trusted:

Rom. 5:12 "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:"
Rom. 5:19 "For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners,..."
1Cor. 15:22 "For as in Adam all die,..."

VERSES

Deut. 24:16 "The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers.
2 Chron.25:54, "...:every man shall be put to death for his own sin."
2 Kings 14:6, "wherein the LORD commanded, saying, The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, nor the children be put to death for the fathers; but every man shall be put to death for his own sin."
Ezek. 18:20 "The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bearthe iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him."
Ezek.33:20 "O ye house of Israel,I will judge you every one after his ways."
Jer. 31:29-30 "In those days they shall say no more, The fathers have eaten a sour grape, and the children's teeth are set on edge. But every one shall die for his own iniquity: every man that eateth the sour grape, his teeth shall be set on edge."
Rom. 2:6 "Who will render to every man according to his deeds."
Ezek. 18:4 "... the soul that sinneth, it shall die."

Level 1

Location hidden

#89403 May 18, 2013
Satan is Jewish wrote:
<quoted text>This is GREATEST Proof that GOD is real!!
This is the truth...
This is real Genocide...
Prov. 12:22, "Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord."

Once again no proof. Just more silly nonsense. Actually it is just spam.

Level 1

Location hidden

#89404 May 18, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Understanding how God has patterned systems to work will lead to cures of all kinds.
You assume facts not in evidence! First off there is no God so asserting that understanding how this impossible beings patterned something to work will lead us to something, is just plain silly.

So far no proof, just more unintelligent irrelevant assertions.
The Great Iron Dictator

Podgorica, Montenegro

#89405 May 18, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Prov. 12:22, "Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord."
Once again no proof. Just more silly nonsense. Actually it is just spam.
Watch this video!!

This is proof!!!

Level 1

Location hidden

#89406 May 18, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Patterns are not mindless direction. All patterns have Reason for being where and what they are and they are a result of a command from the Creator.
Is there any reason you can give us as to why we should believe anything you say?

I feel the wind blow and I know that Science has shown us why that happens. You see the wind blow and you claim God made it so.

Please explain how you know that this God exists and issues commands. You MUST have information the rest of us do not have. Where or how do you get this information? Where does this alledge knowledge of the workings of God come from?

Remember we are all born atheists and Santa has something to say about that.

SANTA: Dear Children, someday you will learn everything there is to know about Santa Claus, and on that day, I want you to remember everything the adults told you about Jesus.

ALAN: Thank you Santa.

Level 1

Location hidden

#89407 May 18, 2013
The Great Iron Dictator wrote:
<quoted text>Watch this video!!
This is proof!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =v0tGrozx_XIXX
I clicked on your link and was taken to a stupid video having nothing to do with this discussion, I watched about 15 seconds of it, you need to be reported to topix for your spam.

Not everyone on the earth believes just any old tale they are told. I know that that dog and pony show has worked in the past, but some of us are evolving and becoming conscious while the rest of you go to church.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#89408 May 18, 2013
The Great Iron Dictator wrote:
<quoted text>Watch this video!!
This is proof!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =v0tGrozx_XIXX
No, it is a video made by antisemites. It is not proof, it is not even evidence.
FREE SERVANT
#89409 May 18, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>why do you keep forgetting to add the facts that suggest this assumption of yours?
The facts are that systems are programed and they must be maintained and conform to familiar patterns.
The Great Iron Dictator

Podgorica, Montenegro

#89410 May 18, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I clicked on your link and was taken to a stupid video having nothing to do with this discussion, I watched about 15 seconds of it, you need to be reported to topix for your spam.
Not everyone on the earth believes just any old tale they are told. I know that that dog and pony show has worked in the past, but some of us are evolving and becoming conscious while the rest of you go to church.
Bolshevik Jews killed 65 Million Russians in USSR!!

JEWS control Mass Media in USA!
You are brainwash by Jewish media...
Wathc video at least 2 minutes,and you will know what I think!
The Great Iron Dictator

Podgorica, Montenegro

#89411 May 18, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it is a video made by antisemites. It is not proof, it is not even evidence.
Jews are NOT semitic!!

Jews Killing Palestinians...what is that?

Jewish Bolshevism or Jewish Fascism?

Jews want to push Gun Control like they did in USSR!
They want to make us SLAVES!!

This is fact!

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#89412 May 18, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Understanding how God has patterned systems to work will lead to cures of all kinds.
But none of you even produce a how, not one of you. All you do is assert "who," which answers no questions. So, HOW did your god do it all?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 3 min Go Blue Forever 7,074
fun with kimmie 9 min Flurt1223 1
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 31 min SweLL GirL 144,859
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 32 min Northbound 190,997
Answer a question with a question (Apr '15) 44 min Red_Forman 2,396
News Porcupine sculpture stolen from Maine airport i... 44 min Who Dunnit 4
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 1 hr Poppyann 34,940
Poll Adrian Devine is the king of Topix ! (Jun '11) 4 hr A Poem 166
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 7 hr honeymylove 32,177
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 10 hr its me daisy 6,148