Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 222920 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

FREE SERVANT
#89375 May 18, 2013
Intelligent Design Creation theory should include explanations for the beginning of our universe with a body of principles belonging to the subject of it's design. What caused our universe to come into being? Why is our universe arranged and designated to do what it does? Something that is created will show signs of originality of thought and will have meaningful forms. Our universe and Earth shows all the signs of having a Creator.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#89378 May 18, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
Intelligent Design Creation theory should include explanations for the beginning of our universe with a body of principles belonging to the subject of it's design. What caused our universe to come into being? Why is our universe arranged and designated to do what it does? Something that is created will show signs of originality of thought and will have meaningful forms. Our universe and Earth shows all the signs of having a Creator.
nope.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#89379 May 18, 2013
creationist wrote:
<quoted text>
Better to believe in a god than believing that we came from a rock. Don't tell me that yours makes sense and my doesn't until you can actually prove what you believe.
You're the one that says we came from a rock.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#89380 May 18, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
Why can't you get this creationism to be elevated to theory? Where is the evidence supporting it? How does knowing the "who" even help us cure Polio?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#89381 May 18, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
such as? i thought it was just mindless repetitive patterns and cycles? you seem to contradict yourself a lot.
FREE SERVANT
#89382 May 18, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Why can't you get this creationism to be elevated to theory? Where is the evidence supporting it? How does knowing the "who" even help us cure Polio?
Understanding how God has patterned systems to work will lead to cures of all kinds.

St. Croix valley

#89383 May 18, 2013
creationist wrote:
<quoted text> wrong carbon dating doesn't work. Want proof? How's this. The found a mammoth in the ice and used carbon dating to date it. They said that one part was older than a different part of the same animal!
I know people who can't use a tape measure properly either...

St. Croix valley

#89384 May 18, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Understanding how God has patterned systems to work will lead to cures of all kinds.
how do patterned systems show a god? seems more like a mindless repetition to me. the way a non-living system would act.
FREE SERVANT
#89385 May 18, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>how do patterned systems show a god? seems more like a mindless repetition to me. the way a non-living system would act.
Patterns are not mindless direction. All patterns have Reason for being where and what they are and they are a result of a command from the Creator.

St. Croix valley

#89386 May 18, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Patterns are not mindless direction. All patterns have Reason for being where and what they are and they are a result of a command from the Creator.
why would you think that? what suggests that? in fact, a repetitive system would be a natural way for a non-designed universe to work, wouldn't it?
HTS

Mandan, ND

#89387 May 18, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>how do patterned systems show a god? seems more like a mindless repetition to me. the way a non-living system would act.

Intelligence is the only observable force in the universe capable of creating complexity.
The existence of the profound complexity of living systems offers irrefutable evidence of intelligent design.
A conclusion that random forces can create complex systems can only be explained by a pre-commitment to the religion of atheism.
It is obvious that the atheists on this forum are religiously committed to their worldview because they willfully abandon scientific observation in favor of evo-fairytales of a primordial soup, worms evolving into humans, etc.
FREE SERVANT
#89388 May 18, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>why would you think that? what suggests that? in fact, a repetitive system would be a natural way for a non-designed universe to work, wouldn't it?
No. A system must follow a pattern that has been shown.

St. Croix valley

#89389 May 18, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>.
Intelligence is the only observable force in the universe capable of creating complexity.
The existence of the profound complexity of living systems offers irrefutable evidence of intelligent design.
A conclusion that random forces can create complex systems can only be explained by a pre-commitment to the religion of atheism.
It is obvious that the atheists on this forum are religiously committed to their worldview because they willfully abandon scientific observation in favor of evo-fairytales of a primordial soup, worms evolving into humans, etc.
not even close to true. there is immense complexity in the universe and there isn't one shred of evidence to suggest any intelligence design or created it.

try to stick to the known facts and leave myth out of the discussion.

St. Croix valley

#89390 May 18, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>No. A system must follow a pattern that has been shown.
why would you think that?

St. Croix valley

#89391 May 18, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>No. A system must follow a pattern that has been shown.
why do you keep forgetting to add the facts that suggest this assumption of yours?
HTS

Mandan, ND

#89392 May 18, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>not even close to true. there is immense complexity in the universe and there isn't one shred of evidence to suggest any intelligence design or created it.
try to stick to the known facts and leave myth out of the discussion.
I said that intelligence is the only OBSERVED force that is proven capable of creating complexity.
You observe the universe and ASSUME that no intelligence created it. Random forces have no proven capacity to create complexity.

I agree, let.s keep myths out of the discussion... Like the MYTH that natural selection can create complexity.

St. Croix valley

#89393 May 18, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
I said that intelligence is the only OBSERVED force that is proven capable of creating complexity.
You observe the universe and ASSUME that no intelligence created it. Random forces have no proven capacity to create complexity.
I agree, let.s keep myths out of the discussion... Like the MYTH that natural selection can create complexity.
what else besides natural selection would have created diversity. there is no shred of evidence of any guiding intelligence to the universe at all. not one shred. yet there is tons of evidence for natural selection.

and no, i observe the universe and its complaxity and ...again....know that there is not one teensy shred of evidence of any guiding or creating intelligence. not one shred...

so it is just the facts I am dealing with, while it is YOU that keeps bringing your mythical creator/intelligence into the deal.

Level 1

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#89394 May 18, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>.
There is no God! The Universe does not need such a being. And if there was such an impossibility as this God that you alledge the Bible does not tells us about it.

I have never observed intelligence in anyone who asserts their deeply held beliefs for the existence of an intelligent designer.

Where did this intelligent designer come from? How did it come to exist?

And you are just plain wrong about complexity arising from intelligence: The Universe exists under laws that it can not violate. The Universe is becoming conscious. Human beings have the possibility of participating in what the Universe is doing. To do so one has to "see" oneself. The "final frontier" is within our psychology where the ultimate evolution can occur

The possibility for the arising of human beings in biosphers through out the entire Universe existed in the first few moments of the phase-transition known as the Big Bang.

Your Santa Claus God does not exist except in your fear. Everything you know about this invisible magical being is hearsay: you mamma and pappa told you and now anyone who disagrees with this nonsense and lies is wrong. That is not intelligent.
HTS

Mandan, ND

#89395 May 18, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>what else besides natural selection would have created diversity. there is no shred of evidence of any guiding intelligence to the universe at all. not one shred. yet there is tons of evidence for natural selection.
and no, i observe the universe and its complaxity and ...again....know that there is not one teensy shred of evidence of any guiding or creating intelligence. not one shred...
so it is just the facts I am dealing with, while it is YOU that keeps bringing your mythical creator/intelligence into the deal.
You have the evidence.
Intelligence has been PROVEN to be capable of creating complexity.
Natural selection is IMAGINED to create complexity because God has been philosophically REJECTED.
Natural selection has been observed to be INCAPABLE of creating complexity.
What do you get after thousands of generations of fruitily experiments with fruit flies? New species with over traits? No, you get mutated fruit flies.
Your religion is the only obstacle that stands in the way of you acknowledging evidence.
HTS

Mandan, ND

#89396 May 18, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no God! The Universe does not need such a being. And if there was such an impossibility as this God that you alledge the Bible does not tells us about it.
I have never observed intelligence in anyone who asserts their deeply held beliefs for the existence of an intelligent designer.
Where did this intelligent designer come from? How did it come to exist?
And you are just plain wrong about complexity arising from intelligence: The Universe exists under laws that it can not violate. The Universe is becoming conscious. Human beings have the possibility of participating in what the Universe is doing. To do so one has to "see" oneself. The "final frontier" is within our psychology where the ultimate evolution can occur
The possibility for the arising of human beings in biosphers through out the entire Universe existed in the first few moments of the phase-transition known as the Big Bang.
Your Santa Claus God does not exist except in your fear. Everything you know about this invisible magical being is hearsay: you mamma and pappa told you and now anyone who disagrees with this nonsense and lies is wrong. That is not intelligent.
Your recycled evo-babbling is pointless.
You are the one mired in religion...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 3 min Judy 123 16,259
any word you want to say (Dec '09) 5 min Judy 123 8,477
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 12 min razz58 11,273
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 14 min Judy 123 24,705
A Five Letter Word (Jan '12) 15 min -Papa-Smurf- 3,106
OFFBEAT.keepAword.DropAword.2011edition (Oct '11) 16 min Judy 123 21,106
only TWO words! (Nov '08) 18 min Brandiiiiiiii 28,078
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 23 min forwhatitsworth 28,906
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 25 min Judy 123 224,439
What's for dinner? (Feb '12) 37 min Brandiiiiiiii 9,525