Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 4,218)

Showing posts 84,341 - 84,360 of111,568
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Well maybe they shouldn't ignore this. Our Earth is a balanced system and minor changes and little stimulus might drive great change.
That does not stop the creatards trying to change the facts now does it?

Also note that little changes can be fatal, ask Thomas Midgely Jnr, his little change reduced the “knocking” in petrol engines, and even today 60 odd years later thousands of people a year are dying from that little change. He is also responsible for getting rid of that nasty ammonia as a coolant for fridges, he replaced it with CFC gasses. Thousands of people a years are contracting skin cancer because of that little change.

Ask him, Oh you can’t, he died by strangling himself in the invention he made for helping polio suffers get out of bed. In my view, it could not have happened to a more deserving person.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>Over time it has been noted changes of weather/ climate patterns "cycles" have occurred.One needs to consider the sources of and from which all these schemes come from.A lot of folks stood to make boo koo $ if all that climate laws,etc passed. any fines revenue would have went into the pockets of the "golbal elites" and done nothing to help environment.
That would be "beaucoup".

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I think you will find what you are looking for in a field called science.
"Field"?

He couldn't handle a flowerpot called "science".
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>"Field"?
He couldn't handle a flowerpot called "science".
Wait a minute now, I stand out in my field all the time!

“VaCa Poolside”

Since: Apr 13

Scappoose, Oregon USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

First of all let me say that creationism does not run counter to natural selection. However, evolution DOES run counter to biological science! Any time you have a naturally occurring change in a genetic structure, it's called a 'mutation' and to this day mutations are never a positive thing. They result in D formations, diseases, and things like that. And besides that, when I stand on a mountaintop at sunset, just as God created me and watching the world around me shift from day to night as the place where I'm standing passes through the terminator line on the planet's surface, I see nothing but evidence of creation. Sorry, but I don't see things that used to be pond scum that somehow decided to become trees and the other millions of life forms before me!
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Jenji wrote:
First of all let me say that creationism does not run counter to natural selection. However, evolution DOES run counter to biological science! Any time you have a naturally occurring change in a genetic structure, it's called a 'mutation' and to this day mutations are never a positive thing. They result in D formations, diseases, and things like that. And besides that, when I stand on a mountaintop at sunset, just as God created me and watching the world around me shift from day to night as the place where I'm standing passes through the terminator line on the planet's surface, I see nothing but evidence of creation. Sorry, but I don't see things that used to be pond scum that somehow decided to become trees and the other millions of life forms before me!
Nice post.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Jenji wrote:
As an (presumed) "adult", do you drink milk or consume other dairy products? Or are you lactose-intolerant?

The ability for adults to digest dairy products (from other species, mind you) is just ONE of a host of 'beneficial' mutations that most humans have today.

Appreciating nature, and ascribing the wonders therein to God is fine, but you should learn more about the mechanisms (described by science) as to HOW He did it -- at least to our best current knowledge.

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Jenji wrote:
It is just speculation, but I would bet that your erroneous conclusion stems from the fact that negative mutations often result in diseases. These negative results are more prominent and make it seem like mutations just cause disease to the lay population. I would bet that you don't even think about things like the mutation that allows some of us to digest milk as adults or color vision in primates and many, many, many others. These things are mutations with benefits, but they don't make headlines like cancer does.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Nice post.
That you agree with this erroneous, sappy drivel says more about what you don't understand and don't know than what you think you do.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
As an (presumed) "adult", do you drink milk or consume other dairy products? Or are you lactose-intolerant?
The ability for adults to digest dairy products (from other species, mind you) is just ONE of a host of 'beneficial' mutations that most humans have today.
Appreciating nature, and ascribing the wonders therein to God is fine, but you should learn more about the mechanisms (described by science) as to HOW He did it -- at least to our best current knowledge.
Kong are you reading my mind? I hope not. There are some pages within.
HTS

Williston, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
What evidence do you have that the capacity to digest lactose resulted from a mutation? Do you have access to human DNA from thousands of years ago?

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Jenji wrote:
BTW....."D formations"?

REALLY?!?!
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
The mechanisms that produce change in any system are a sequence or function that tends to move between extremes and balance or equilibrium is the product. Every system will oscillate and a stimulus drives change.

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Kong are you reading my mind? I hope not. There are some pages within.
"Great minds"....yadda, yadda, yadda...

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
What evidence do you have that the capacity to digest lactose resulted from a mutation? Do you have access to human DNA from thousands of years ago?
Here's 45 seperate,individual scientific papers that address the mutation that determine lactose (in)tolerance:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/...
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

When a system cycles it is coming back on itself and an event or thing that evokes reaction may cause the system to urge forward to do something and cause change.
Patriot

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
FWIW, I am not a fan of the "Carbon Tax", either, and for the same reasons.
That does not discount the fact that Humans HAVE exacerbated the warming of this planet through our disrespect for the environment out of pure greed and overpopulation.
I only hope that humankind is as clever so as to figure a way out of this mess before it's too late.
I have no doubt human activity has caused some evnironmental problems,the sticking point to me is that ones want to make $$ on certain pretenses and not do anything to alieviate any environmental concerns. Yep this is our planet and we need to take care of it if we want it to take care of us.
Patriot

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>That would be "beaucoup".
In the Tennessean language it is boo koo,

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Presumably because our other relatives cannot digest lactose.

And there are people who lack this ability. Not all adult humans can digest lactose. Without Google searching this is lack of a trait found more in Asian people if I recall correctly.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>In the Tennessean language it is boo koo,
Tennessee has a separate language?

Try learning French. Or even English.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 84,341 - 84,360 of111,568
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••