Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
84,221 - 84,240 of 115,406 Comments Last updated 7 min ago
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#89131 May 15, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>You know Mike I am curious to hear all these claims of military service, high IQ and general belief of superiority. I find it amusing that this information is volunteered without solicitation and tends to arise from a single group of participants on this thread. The part that I find most amusing is the claims fly in the face of the inarticulate, erratic, vulgar, ignorant and uninformed posts made by the claimants. Where is this intelligence, authority, respect and decorum to be found that would support the claims.
My guess is whether true or not, these self-agrandizing claims are made with the intent to intimidate and impress us. Obviously they feel their intellectual ability and arguments never will. That may be the one intelligent aspect about them. You probably have come to this conclusion as well, I just wanted to write it out.
Yet still they all look humble compared to Buck Crick.
Patriot

Nashville, TN

#89132 May 15, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Here ya go, girly.
<quoted text>
And thank you for your service.
The quote you listed was one that KJV did not me
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#89133 May 15, 2013
My Portal wrote:
<quoted text>Delution noted.
As is your jealousy.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#89134 May 15, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>The quote you listed was one that KJV did not me
DID NOT YOU? DID NOT HE, NEITHER.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#89135 May 15, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>The quote you listed was one that KJV did not me
I understand that. You interjected yourself into the conversation, did you not?

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#89136 May 15, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't know about the military part, but I long ago concluded that your IQ was likely to be high without your mentioning it.
I was just being a bit of a smart-ass. I've been known to do that.
DanFromSmithville wrote:
While I did not serve in the military, I am the son of a man with a high IQ that did. Let Kevin Bacon beat that.
Yeah, my dad was the really smart one of the family. If I remember right, he tested at 164 when he went into the Marines. 85 years old now and still going strong.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#89137 May 15, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't know about the military part...
That part *is* true. 7 years. 67-74.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#89138 May 15, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Too late. You're an RPG that got stuck. And you make kitties cry.
Now that hurt!

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#89139 May 15, 2013
My Portal wrote:
<quoted text>Delution noted.
Lighten up, Honey.

It was a joke.

And I believe the word you were trying for was "Delusion".
Patriot

Nashville, TN

#89140 May 15, 2013
Mike F and Dude both of you need to go back to page 4227 post 89040 and the next page see post 89055 for the claims of instant promotion due to IQ and the one finger death move. They were made by KJV and not me. Dud, while out on patrol I was a squad leader.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#89141 May 15, 2013
Patriot wrote:
Mike F and Dude both of you need to go back to page 4227 post 89040 and the next page see post 89055 for the claims of instant promotion due to IQ and the one finger death move. They were made by KJV and not me.
Yes, I indicated that I noted my mistake.
Patriot wrote:
Dud, while out on patrol I was a squad leader.
... and that was due to field promotion after you lost everyone in it.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#89142 May 15, 2013
Patriot wrote:
Mike F and Dude both of you need to go back to page 4227 post 89040 and the next page see post 89055 for the claims of instant promotion due to IQ and the one finger death move. They were made by KJV and not me. Dud, while out on patrol I was a squad leader.
I've already responded to this.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#89143 May 15, 2013
Patriot wrote:
And I can see that you were not officer material.

MikeF may have conflated you with KJV, if you look back at my posts I never did. It seemed from what I could have read of yours that you were supporting the KJV in his obvious lies.

I went back and quoted KJV directly before you made this post of yours and listed the page number and post number where KJV lied.

I did not serve, I was in college just after Vietnam ended and service was at an all time low then. My dad was a Marine and got go camping at a nice warm spot in Korea. Perhaps you have heard of it, Google search the Chosin Reservoir if you haven't. I do respect all of the armed services, the Marines more than the others. That is why when I see a lie like KJV made and somebody else that seems to be supporting him, I launch into attack mode.
Patriot

Nashville, TN

#89144 May 15, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I indicated that I noted my mistake.
<quoted text>
... and that was due to field promotion after you lost everyone in it.
You are half right on the promotion, after the squad leader was WIA I moved up to fill the position. Far as know everyone in said squad is still alive today .
Patriot

Nashville, TN

#89145 May 15, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
And I can see that you were not officer material.
MikeF may have conflated you with KJV, if you look back at my posts I never did. It seemed from what I could have read of yours that you were supporting the KJV in his obvious lies.
I went back and quoted KJV directly before you made this post of yours and listed the page number and post number where KJV lied.
I did not serve, I was in college just after Vietnam ended and service was at an all time low then. My dad was a Marine and got go camping at a nice warm spot in Korea. Perhaps you have heard of it, Google search the Chosin Reservoir if you haven't. I do respect all of the armed services, the Marines more than the others. That is why when I see a lie like KJV made and somebody else that seems to be supporting him, I launch into attack mode.
I was pointing out IQ was only ONE of the determining factors of admission to OCS. One who makes seargent in the corps in 6 years cannot be too shabby,after my dad had a crippling near fatal illness at near the end of my elistment I seen I was needed at home to help Mom take care of Dad and the Farm. If the career was not cut short noone knows how far one could have gone. After 6 years one can say they did their share.

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

#89146 May 15, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
That part *is* true. 7 years. 67-74.
Viet Nam?

Level 9

Threats pending

#89147 May 15, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
I was just being a bit of a smart-ass. I've been known to do that.
<quoted text>
Yeah, my dad was the really smart one of the family. If I remember right, he tested at 164 when he went into the Marines. 85 years old now and still going strong.
No explanation needed. I am a bit of a smart-ass in my own right, but that comes through in my posts without saying I would venture.

Interesting. My father served in the Marines during Korea. He would have been about 86 this year.

Level 9

Threats pending

#89148 May 15, 2013
Is there some connection with the offspring of US Marines and a career or interest in science?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#89150 May 15, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>You are half right on the promotion, after the squad leader was WIA I moved up to fill the position. Far as know everyone in said squad is still alive today .
And probably grown up by now too, from the little Cub Scouts you lost in the woods.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#89151 May 15, 2013
Agnostick wrote:
Creavolution!
Velvet Schnitzel!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The "POT" is about to "BOIL"! 5 min LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 2
We Need New Topic To Discuss!!!!!! (Jul '06) 5 min Alias 212
ISIS just beheaded 8 min LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 22
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 11 min LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 36,115
Think you know who everyone is? (Feb '13) 28 min Big Time 467
What is your favorite DOLLAR STORE purchase? (Jun '09) 31 min Big Time 409
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 38 min _Brenda_ 145,560
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 49 min -Lea- 18,729
Women Hid Stolen Watches in Their Vaginas in Bi... 3 hr beatlesinthebog 41
•••