Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
84,201 - 84,220 of 112,828 Comments Last updated 56 min ago

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
Tips from you? LOL
Officers in the Corp get all the action we want.[/QUOTE]I won't ask and I don't need you to tell.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
Bring it on dude
How many have you killed?
I can take apes like you down with one finger.[/QUOTE]
I didn't ask you to masturbate, but it's ok if you take your monkey down. Let us know when you're through.

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Is that like a Corps?
I find it amusing to listen to these idiots go on chastizing others about sin and then turn around an brag about how good they are at sinning. I guess as long as it is just a body, it doesn't count.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>

How many have you killed?
[/QUOTE] If i tell you , I'll have to kill you.
So shhhhhhh, you don't want to know.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

theone980 wrote:
This thread has been going on for two years now.You all are still beating that dead horse of an issue.neither side can prove if god exists or not.I no longer get these types of debates anymore.
The horse is dead.you can stop beating it now.
Yet here you are.

Or were you forced at gunpoint to come to this site?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
I could be. No way to prove it so you just believe what you wish.[/QUOTE]

You prove your low IQ with every post.

How old are you? It has been a long time since the Marine Corp was so desperate for officers that they would promote anyone on such a thin basis as an I.Q. test. That would be WWII days or earlier.

As I said, it is much more likely that you are a lying troll. Or that you took a severe blow to your head some time in your lifetime and have lost about 50% of your thinking capacity since.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Let me guess. Your alter ego is used car salesman. You say a lot by bombing us with quotes, but you don't say much at all otherwise.
In contrast you say very little of value and you don't use quotes which, combined, is about as exciting as watching grass grow.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

theone980 wrote:
This thread has been going on for two years now.You all are still beating that dead horse of an issue.neither side can prove if god exists or not.I no longer get these types of debates anymore.
In this thread Evolution is the bad horse and SCP theory is the good one. ;3)

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>In this thread Evolution is the bad horse and SCP theory is the good one. ;3)
comparing a scientific theory to an assumption?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>You totally missed the simple point I was making.A 4 year old would have seen the point.
And that is the problem. Your examples are erroneous and the kind of mistakes a child would make. A bit like "heavier objects fall faster than lighter ones". Sounds reasonable. But it's wrong.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
In contrast, you will provide proof that the advanced mathematical formulas of the universe were randomly created by invisible number naturalists who themselves were randomly created by random supervisors of randomness. LOl.
No need. That's not our position.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your random creation by non living matter is found wanting which means one should look elsewhere.
“The argument has been repeatedly made that given sufficient time, a genetic instruction set and language system could have arisen. But extended time does not provide an explanatory mechanism for spontaneously generated genetic instruction. No amount of time proposed thus far, can explain this type of conceptual communication system. It is not just complex. It is conceptually complex.”
Biologists J. T. Trevors and D. L. Abel, "Chance And Necessity Do Not Explain The Origin Of Life," Cell Biology International 28 (2004), 729-739.
Good job then that places like Harvard and others are currently actively researching abio via chemistry, a decidedly NON-random process.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Though they could have been created by God and man learned them.
You sorta skipped logic ,right?
Yes, they COULD have been created by the Flying Spaghetti Monster and man learned them.

You sorta skipped logic, right?
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
"The genetic code turns out to be a syntactic structure of arithmetic, the result of unique summations that have been carried out by some primordial abacus at least three and half billion years ago."
Mathematician and geneticist Vladimir Shcherbak.
The mathematician Roger Penrose dismisses the idea that the success of mathematics can be attributed to its survival value, and attributes the accord between mathematics and physics to the underlying rationality of the world. That would explain why Nobel-winning quantum physicist Paul Dirac said,“God is a mathematician of a very high order.”
Ah, well done. Another fundie who hasn't grasped the concept of metaphors.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

KJV wrote:
Yes sir you made your point.
One ticket punched straight to hell.
Boy that sure hurt me! LOL. Idiot.
It could well do. You do not speak for God, but it doesn't stop you fundies from trying.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
You know what not a theory:
QM
Relativity
String
All failed theory's.[/QUOTE]

QM - still working.
Relativity - still working.
String - too early to say yet.

Heck we even still teach Newton in schools even though it got replaced by relativity.

You quite simply don't have the slightest clue what you're going on about.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
Let me guess..... Is it a CODE?
[/QUOTE]

Is ACGT a code? Yes. Invented by humans. And we have 60+ years of biological medical history to back up that fact.

Are the compounds they refer to a code? Not as far as can be scientifically determined.

Possible though. In which case the fundies should be able to tell us exactly what it is and what mechanisms are responsible along with provide scientific evidence of it.

But since your "alternative explanation" is Goddidit with magic that kinda makes any and all evidence utterly superfluous.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

theone980 wrote:
Nay, I say! The horse is not dead! It is the eternal horse! Horsey horsey clippety clop!

The 'debate' over whether a god exists or not is ultimately only an exercise in philosphical mastrubation. It's no more provable than whether we're all really trapped in the Matrix. The problem however is that fundies still think their baseless religious opinions are not only scientifically valid, but also relevant to public schools. Both science and the Constitution say otherwise. Fundies care about neither. Hence to this day they still mount PR campaigns and political pressuring to get their religious opinions pushed onto other people's kids because they aren't happy with foisting it on their own.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>comparing a scientific theory to an assumption?
Evolution has assumed many things that are not factual.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Evolution has assumed many things that are not factual.
And yet somehow still manages to pass the scientific method.

Sorry Mikey, only you care about SCP.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Evolution has assumed many things that are not factual.
such as?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••