Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
84,161 - 84,180 of 112,806 Comments Last updated 8 min ago
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Is it over yet, has SCP theory won????Hello*is this thing on***Gryllidae rubbing their wings*vv*

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
Is it over yet, has SCP theory won????Hello*is this thing on***Gryllidae rubbing their wings*vv*
no.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>I guess you'll just keep drifting along with the tumbling tumble weed and wonder on out into the desert then, huh? I gave a math pattern earlier in this thread.
Nah, it's the fundies who are out in the desert. I'm back in civilisation just watching the thing roll by.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
"Won?!?!"

Bubba, SCP was never in the game.

SCP is more like the mutt that ran onto the field, took a crap on the 40-yard line, and ran off under the stands.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
"Won?!?!"
SCP is more like the mutt that ran onto the field, took a crap on the 40-yard line, and ran off under the stands.
SCP isn't even a theory, is it? sounds more like the crap made up at the end of a bar before closing time...
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
"Won?!?!"
SCP theory is right as rain and it can wash away the mess evolution has made.

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>SCP theory is right as rain and it can wash away the mess evolution has made.
"...right as rain", eh?

You don't even know enough about your own (Non)"theory" to be able to provide a decent explanation of it.

You just regurgitate a few pastel-colored, school-girl philosophical platitudes, and think you're a shoe-in for the next Nobel Prize.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>SCP theory is right as rain and it can wash away the mess evolution has made.
SCP is not a theory. It's not even a decent wet dream.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
"...right as rain", eh?
You don't even know enough about your own (Non)"theory" to be able to provide a decent explanation of it.
You just regurgitate a few pastel-colored, school-girl philosophical platitudes, and think you're a shoe-in for the next Nobel Prize.
Nope, don't expect any prize, but if there was one given to the people that caused this theory, a lot of people here should get it.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
Do you believe a lovely lady would do the humpty-hump with an ape?
[/QUOTE]

Do you believe Kong is actually an ape?

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
Great, you too? Are you still trying to sell this whole systems and cycles nonsense? What exactly are you trying to describe to us, that systems and cycles exist? Of course they exist. That systems and cycles are exploited by man for our own benefit? Of course they are. So FS/KLV, please, take a moment and elaborate a bit. I’m sitting, and listening. The stage is yours.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Great, you too? Are you still trying to sell this whole systems and cycles nonsense? What exactly are you trying to describe to us, that systems and cycles exist? Of course they exist. That systems and cycles are exploited by man for our own benefit? Of course they are. So FS/KLV, please, take a moment and elaborate a bit. I&#8217;m sitting, and listening. The stage is yours.
So, we agree on the fact that systems and cycles and patterns is the way nature works in general, correct?
Patriot

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
My, my, my. Potty humor. Aren't we the clever one though.
That is closest I can come in order to deal on the level of many of the folks on here.It must have stung you also according to your assertion..
Patriot

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, so now you are saying that your god is only as powerful as a computer. That sort of makes your god weak, since, well, pretty much everyone with any tech savvy knows what you just posted.
You totally missed the simple point I was making.A 4 year old would have seen the point.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>That is closest I can come in order to deal on the level of many of the folks on here.It must have stung you also according to your assertion..
Stung? Hardly. You have a vastly overblown sense of your own self-importance.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

I have been trying to find others who understand the simple fact that in all situations where natural systems are observed, cycling happens with them. It is also observable that every natural system will follow a pattern. Now, if we can say this is a true principle, we can give explanations as to the whys and wherefores from our own perspectives here and propose a theory.

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

FREE SERVANT wrote:
I have been trying to find others who understand the simple fact that in all situations where natural systems are observed, cycling happens with them. It is also observable that every natural system will follow a pattern. Now, if we can say this is a true principle, we can give explanations as to the whys and wherefores from our own perspectives here and propose a theory.
A tad late, Scooter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Systems_theory

Jump to: navigation, search Systems theory is the interdisciplinary study of systems in general, with the goal of elucidating principles that can be applied to all types of systems at all nesting levels in all fields of research.[citation needed] The term does not yet have a well-established, precise meaning, but systems theory can reasonably be considered a specialization of systems thinking, a generalization of systems science, a systems approach. The term originates from Bertalanffy's general system theory (GST) and is used in later efforts in other fields, such as the action theory of Talcott Parsons[1] and the social systems theory of Niklas Luhmann.[2]

In this context the word systems is used to refer specifically to self-regulating systems, i.e. that are self-correcting through feedback. Self-regulating systems are found in nature, including the physiological systems of our body, in local and global ecosystems, and in climate—and in human learning processes.

<<end cut/paste -- much more at link above>>
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Great! You should therefore have no trouble in providing the mathematical formula which unequivocally objectively demonstrates universal creation via invisible Jewish magic-poofing.
(Dude watches tumbleweed roll by in the wind)
In contrast, you will provide proof that the advanced mathematical formulas of the universe were randomly created by invisible number naturalists who themselves were randomly created by random supervisors of randomness. LOl.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have anything that's actually evidence?
Your random creation by non living matter is found wanting which means one should look elsewhere.

“The argument has been repeatedly made that given sufficient time, a genetic instruction set and language system could have arisen. But extended time does not provide an explanatory mechanism for spontaneously generated genetic instruction. No amount of time proposed thus far, can explain this type of conceptual communication system. It is not just complex. It is conceptually complex.”

Biologists J. T. Trevors and D. L. Abel, "Chance And Necessity Do Not Explain The Origin Of Life," Cell Biology International 28 (2004), 729-739.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
A tad late, Scooter.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Systems_theory
Jump to: navigation, search Systems theory is the interdisciplinary study of systems in general, with the goal of elucidating principles that can be applied to all types of systems at all nesting levels in all fields of research.[citation needed] The term does not yet have a well-established, precise meaning, but systems theory can reasonably be considered a specialization of systems thinking, a generalization of systems science, a systems approach. The term originates from Bertalanffy's general system theory (GST) and is used in later efforts in other fields, such as the action theory of Talcott Parsons[1] and the social systems theory of Niklas Luhmann.[2]
In this context the word systems is used to refer specifically to self-regulating systems, i.e. that are self-correcting through feedback. Self-regulating systems are found in nature, including the physiological systems of our body, in local and global ecosystems, and in climate&#8212;and in human learning processes.
<<end cut/paste -- much more at link above>>
Nope, you're still not exlaining cycling patterned natural systems.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••