Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Read more

“Move into the light.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#89064 May 14, 2013
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>

How many have you killed?
[/QUOTE] If i tell you , I'll have to kill you.
So shhhhhhh, you don't want to know.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#89065 May 14, 2013
theone980 wrote:
This thread has been going on for two years now.You all are still beating that dead horse of an issue.neither side can prove if god exists or not.I no longer get these types of debates anymore.
The horse is dead.you can stop beating it now.
Yet here you are.

Or were you forced at gunpoint to come to this site?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#89066 May 14, 2013
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
I could be. No way to prove it so you just believe what you wish.[/QUOTE]

You prove your low IQ with every post.

How old are you? It has been a long time since the Marine Corp was so desperate for officers that they would promote anyone on such a thin basis as an I.Q. test. That would be WWII days or earlier.

As I said, it is much more likely that you are a lying troll. Or that you took a severe blow to your head some time in your lifetime and have lost about 50% of your thinking capacity since.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#89067 May 14, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Let me guess. Your alter ego is used car salesman. You say a lot by bombing us with quotes, but you don't say much at all otherwise.
In contrast you say very little of value and you don't use quotes which, combined, is about as exciting as watching grass grow.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#89069 May 15, 2013
theone980 wrote:
This thread has been going on for two years now.You all are still beating that dead horse of an issue.neither side can prove if god exists or not.I no longer get these types of debates anymore.
In this thread Evolution is the bad horse and SCP theory is the good one. ;3)

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#89070 May 15, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>In this thread Evolution is the bad horse and SCP theory is the good one. ;3)
comparing a scientific theory to an assumption?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#89071 May 15, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>You totally missed the simple point I was making.A 4 year old would have seen the point.
And that is the problem. Your examples are erroneous and the kind of mistakes a child would make. A bit like "heavier objects fall faster than lighter ones". Sounds reasonable. But it's wrong.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#89072 May 15, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
In contrast, you will provide proof that the advanced mathematical formulas of the universe were randomly created by invisible number naturalists who themselves were randomly created by random supervisors of randomness. LOl.
No need. That's not our position.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#89073 May 15, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your random creation by non living matter is found wanting which means one should look elsewhere.
“The argument has been repeatedly made that given sufficient time, a genetic instruction set and language system could have arisen. But extended time does not provide an explanatory mechanism for spontaneously generated genetic instruction. No amount of time proposed thus far, can explain this type of conceptual communication system. It is not just complex. It is conceptually complex.”
Biologists J. T. Trevors and D. L. Abel, "Chance And Necessity Do Not Explain The Origin Of Life," Cell Biology International 28 (2004), 729-739.
Good job then that places like Harvard and others are currently actively researching abio via chemistry, a decidedly NON-random process.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#89074 May 15, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Though they could have been created by God and man learned them.
You sorta skipped logic ,right?
Yes, they COULD have been created by the Flying Spaghetti Monster and man learned them.

You sorta skipped logic, right?
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
"The genetic code turns out to be a syntactic structure of arithmetic, the result of unique summations that have been carried out by some primordial abacus at least three and half billion years ago."
Mathematician and geneticist Vladimir Shcherbak.
The mathematician Roger Penrose dismisses the idea that the success of mathematics can be attributed to its survival value, and attributes the accord between mathematics and physics to the underlying rationality of the world. That would explain why Nobel-winning quantum physicist Paul Dirac said,“God is a mathematician of a very high order.”
Ah, well done. Another fundie who hasn't grasped the concept of metaphors.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#89075 May 15, 2013
KJV wrote:
Yes sir you made your point.
One ticket punched straight to hell.
Boy that sure hurt me! LOL. Idiot.
It could well do. You do not speak for God, but it doesn't stop you fundies from trying.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#89076 May 15, 2013
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
You know what not a theory:
QM
Relativity
String
All failed theory's.[/QUOTE]

QM - still working.
Relativity - still working.
String - too early to say yet.

Heck we even still teach Newton in schools even though it got replaced by relativity.

You quite simply don't have the slightest clue what you're going on about.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#89077 May 15, 2013
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
Let me guess..... Is it a CODE?
[/QUOTE]

Is ACGT a code? Yes. Invented by humans. And we have 60+ years of biological medical history to back up that fact.

Are the compounds they refer to a code? Not as far as can be scientifically determined.

Possible though. In which case the fundies should be able to tell us exactly what it is and what mechanisms are responsible along with provide scientific evidence of it.

But since your "alternative explanation" is Goddidit with magic that kinda makes any and all evidence utterly superfluous.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#89078 May 15, 2013
theone980 wrote:
Nay, I say! The horse is not dead! It is the eternal horse! Horsey horsey clippety clop!

The 'debate' over whether a god exists or not is ultimately only an exercise in philosphical mastrubation. It's no more provable than whether we're all really trapped in the Matrix. The problem however is that fundies still think their baseless religious opinions are not only scientifically valid, but also relevant to public schools. Both science and the Constitution say otherwise. Fundies care about neither. Hence to this day they still mount PR campaigns and political pressuring to get their religious opinions pushed onto other people's kids because they aren't happy with foisting it on their own.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#89079 May 15, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>comparing a scientific theory to an assumption?
Evolution has assumed many things that are not factual.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#89080 May 15, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Evolution has assumed many things that are not factual.
And yet somehow still manages to pass the scientific method.

Sorry Mikey, only you care about SCP.

Minnesota's North Coast

#89081 May 15, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Evolution has assumed many things that are not factual.
such as?
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#89082 May 15, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>such as?
I have mentioned where the idea that everything started out very simple and then became complex over time isn't what really happens in the real world.

Minnesota's North Coast

#89083 May 15, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>I have mentioned where the idea that everything started out very simple and then became complex over time isn't what really happens in the real world.
yet the record we have of life on this planet shows that that is exactly what happened...

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#89084 May 15, 2013
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
Nope your opinion means nothing. I have a document IQ in the USMC where I was instantly promoted to an officer after taking the IQ test. A piece of shlt like you would never even enlist yet along excel to the top as I did.[/QUOTE]

Oh, bullshit! You were instantly promoted to an officer solely on the basis of a IQ test? Give me a friggin break!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 4 min Crazy Beautiful 8,218
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 12 min Trouser Cough 31,546
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 15 min Trouser Cough 41,393
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 17 min Trouser Cough 56,354
Thinking Out Loud....Feel Free To Say What's On... 24 min Sharlene45 20
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 41 min honeymylove 139,790
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 47 min Crazy Beautiful 159,902
Word Association (Jun '10) 50 min Rock626 26,976
Poll Can single Men be friends with Married Women? (Jun '12) 1 hr Rock626 199
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 3 hr Mega Monster 18,002
More from around the web