Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
Elohim

Branford, CT

#88971 May 13, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>I serve God because I want to and also for the reward. Just for the sake of argument, if I did my service to God as a hedge bet....what do you hedge your eternal future against? 1 Cor 15:19 "If in this life ONLY we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable" Each one of us need to prepare for the life that is MUCH more important than this earthly life of 70 or so years, that is just a drop in a GIANT bucket compared to eternity.
I serve my family and my fellow man. No need for sky fairies , pie in the sky kingdoms or money hungry preachers.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#88972 May 13, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>I serve God because I want to and also for the reward. Just for the sake of argument, if I did my service to God as a hedge bet....what do you hedge your eternal future against? 1 Cor 15:19 "If in this life ONLY we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable" Each one of us need to prepare for the life that is MUCH more important than this earthly life of 70 or so years, that is just a drop in a GIANT bucket compared to eternity.
So ... you're a selfish brat on your birthday who cries "I've been good" with hands out.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#88973 May 13, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>The "scientists" who MUST use all the advanced math to explain the cosmos,etc is proof in itself of the intricate design of everyting.
Translation: You have no idea what math even is so you're just making it up as you go and you like to use the "god dun it" story.
Patriot

Nashville, TN

#88974 May 13, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I have, several times ... though one of those times doesn't count because I was under the knife for surgery, but the rest I was wide awake for. Thing is, I tempt death all the time, because you do feel most alive at that point, it's called an adrenaline rush, idiot, a very fully understood phenomenon and to many it's like a drug. When the body is full of adrenaline the senses become heightened as a defensive reaction, your energy level shoots through the roof for the very same reason, and your mind works much faster. The drawback is coming down from one, which leaves you completely spent, exhaustion means nothing until you go through several adrenaline rushes, then you know what exhaustion actually is.
Why don't you stop projecting for a change and actually address the main reason why no one with any intelligence takes your nuttery seriously?
Sounds like you are advocating we take the Oracles of KittenKodder as the gospel. You seem to be one to call someone an idiot.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#88975 May 13, 2013
Jenji wrote:
On a beach watching the sunset, or facing east and watching the sunrise, laying in a field making love and looking up at the stars at night, and the human body and all its intricacies, functions and complexity – these places are where I see evidence of a very powerful creator being, which we call God. To say this is all an accident which occurred "somehow" just seems to me ludicrous at best.
I wouldn’t say it was an accident, but it was indeed a great event.

But more importantly, why are you making love in fields? Isn't that what beds are for?
Pariot

Nashville, TN

#88976 May 13, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So ... you're a selfish brat on your birthday who cries "I've been good" with hands out.
Well,if that be so it sure beats each time you come out of the bathroom your mommy has to ask you if you remembered to wipe.
KJV

United States

#88977 May 13, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>That's bullshit or you wouldn't be here preaching.
Mike I don't care and here's proof
I'm talking to you yet I know you've committed the one sin God will never forgive. So I know no matter what I say your damned and there is no saving you. See proof that's not the reason we're here.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Indianapolis, IN

#88978 May 13, 2013
Pariot wrote:
<quoted text>Well,if that be so it sure beats each time you come out of the bathroom your mommy has to ask you if you remembered to wipe.
My, my, my. Potty humor. Aren't we the clever one though.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Indianapolis, IN

#88979 May 13, 2013
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
Mike I don't care and here's proof
I'm talking to you yet I know you've committed the one sin God will never forgive. So I know no matter what I say your damned and there is no saving you. See proof that's not the reason we're here.
[/QUOTE]

Judge not, bucko.

I'd be willing to bet you don't even know what stupid blasphemy that other nutcase was whining about.

And you're still preaching.

“The strength of science is”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

founded in facts.

#88980 May 13, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>It is obvious you have never looked death in the face, one feels "most alive" when they are facing death.
That might be one of the dumbest things ever copied and pasted on here.

Level 9

founded in facts.

#88982 May 13, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>I cannot explain how HE did it anymore than how I can explain how a computer enters information that is entered. I can only say if you type in information and hit the ENTER buttom the information is on the screen but can't explain how the computer does it. I can see God's handiwork and say he did it but not be able to explain how.
You can believe that but you can't show it. Your analogy is not a good one. There is a vast difference in observing a natural phenomenon and not knowing the mechanism of that phenomenon and equating to proof of the existence of God. Even if you can't explain it, someone can explain the interworkings of a computer. No one has yet shown how a creator designs or creates.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#88985 May 13, 2013
Jenji wrote:
On a beach watching the sunset, or facing east and watching the sunrise, laying in a field making love and looking up at the stars at night, and the human body and all its intricacies, functions and complexity – these places are where I see evidence of a very powerful creator being, which we call God. To say this is all an accident which occurred "somehow" just seems to me ludicrous at best.
Although I may not agree with your philosophical/theological leanings, if you (or another equally lovely lady) and I were were in a field doing the humpty-hump, I'm sure that 'God' would be envoked numerous times.

Level 9

founded in facts.

#88988 May 13, 2013
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
Do you believe a lovely lady would do the humpty-hump with an ape?
[/QUOTE]Are you cruising for some tail? I bet if you shave and get a haircut, you would probably be passable as human despite the subnormal IQ.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#88989 May 13, 2013
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
[/QUOTE]

Heheehe.

Yes I do.

;-)

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#88990 May 13, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>It is obvious you have never looked death in the face, one feels "most alive" when they are facing death.
Yeah and you will be dead as a door nob,
when you see death too.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#88991 May 13, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>I cannot explain how HE did it anymore than how I can explain how a computer enters information that is entered. I can only say if you type in information and hit the ENTER buttom the information is on the screen but can't explain how the computer does it. I can see God's handiwork and say he did it but not be able to explain how.
Well that explains it, you don't know shit about computers.
So anything you're stupid about ...is god.
KJV

United States

#88992 May 13, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
"

Are you cruising for some tail? I bet if you shave and get a haircut, you would probably be passable as human despite the subnormal IQ.
I don't have a sub normal IQ in fact I'm in the top 1%. Do I expect you to believe that? What does a monkey like you think?
KJV

United States

#88993 May 13, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
"

Heheehe.

Yes I do.

;-)
You have a strange believe system.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#88995 May 13, 2013
Patriot wrote:
Ah. Well you see, the difference is that while say you or I as average joes might not know the specifics of how the computer works and all, there are still PLENTY of people who know EXACTLY how it works. Which is why they can make them in the first place.

Whereas with Goddidit with magic NOBODY knows how Goddidit with magic and can't actually point to any examples of anyone who does. Other than perhaps God itself for which you unfortunately have zero evidence.

So I was right - the universe is so complicated and you don't understand it therefore an invisible Jewish wizard didit with magic.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#88996 May 13, 2013
KJV wrote:
I know you've committed the one sin God will never forgive. So I know no matter what I say your damned and there is no saving you.
Actually you know diddly squat. Because in the end you're just another monumentally massive ego-driven fundie who thinks his baseless religious opinions are more important than anyone else's therefore they "must" be valid to everybody.

Fact is you are quite simply NOT that important.(shrug)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is it possible to....... 7 min Life after Love 520
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 33 min Analog man 77,635
Make a Story / 4 Words Only (Nov '08) 38 min TALLYHO 8541 24,773
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 54 min Grace Nerissa 30,289
"OLD SAYINGS" - - - Feel free to post them here... 1 hr Independent1 55
tellmealie (Dec '12) 1 hr Independent1 312
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr Grace Nerissa 37,717
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr Just TLC 152,358
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 3 hr wichita-rick 122
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 5 hr -Lea- 25,512