Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#88926 May 11, 2013
[QUOTE who="LJV
"]<quoted text>
It's a DVD about the star. Very well done. Proof of God.[/QUOTE]

I have a DVD. It's called Pirates Of The Caribbean. Proof of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#88927 May 11, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a DVD. It's called Pirates Of The Caribbean. Proof of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
i saw that documentary. proof positive of magic and the supernatural.

(of course, I'm referring to the part where Keith Richards is still alive..proof positive of magic and the supernatural...)
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#88928 May 12, 2013
It is plain to notice in our visible cosmos the pattern of branching that is repeated for each system. From logarithmic spirals and spiral galaxies to root systems and tree branches. Everything is a miracle of design and each system will follow patterns specific to each kind. The divine hand of God was at work with the whole proportion of our material existence.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Indianapolis, IN

#88932 May 12, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
It is plain to notice in our visible cosmos the pattern of branching that is repeated for each system. From logarithmic spirals and spiral galaxies to root systems and tree branches. Everything is a miracle of design and each system will follow patterns specific to each kind. The divine hand of God was at work with the whole proportion of our material existence.
Then there's the colliding galaxies with massive destruction. Black holes consuming everything with in their reach. Some miracle.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#88933 May 12, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Then there's the colliding galaxies with massive destruction. Black holes consuming everything with in their reach. Some miracle.
From my understanding, this whole universe will roll up like a scroll and pass away and a New Heaven and a New Earth will replace it, where there is no death or destruction.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#88934 May 12, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>From my understanding, this whole universe will roll up like a scroll and pass away and a New Heaven and a New Earth will replace it, where there is no death or destruction.
Entropy will catch up eventually.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#88935 May 12, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Entropy will catch up eventually.
Jesus has been given all power to make life everlasting in the place that he prepares.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#88936 May 12, 2013
I believe Jesus has gone to prepare for a place that he has made clean for whosoever will believe in him and it will not fall into disrepare, but will be clean forever. We can not imagine such a place, because here on this earth we have known entrophy and death.

Since: Apr 13

Scappoose, Oregon USA

#88937 May 12, 2013
On a beach watching the sunset, or facing east and watching the sunrise, laying in a field making love and looking up at the stars at night, and the human body and all its intricacies, functions and complexity these places are where I see evidence of a very powerful creator being, which we call God. To say this is all an accident which occurred "somehow" just seems to me ludicrous at best.

Level 8

Indianapolis, IN

#88938 May 12, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>From my understanding, this whole universe will roll up like a scroll and pass away and a New Heaven and a New Earth will replace it, where there is no death or destruction.
You will have to excuse me if your understanding doesn't mean squat to me.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#88939 May 12, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
You will have to excuse me if your understanding doesn't mean squat to me.
I was giving my understanding of the scriptures that are related to this universe and how it will end. It really doesn't matter to me who cares or don't care about me.

Level 8

Indianapolis, IN

#88940 May 12, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>I was giving my understanding of the scriptures that are related to this universe and how it will end. It really doesn't matter to me who cares or don't care about me.
That's bullshit or you wouldn't be here preaching.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#88941 May 12, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
I care about people and I don't want anyone to be in the dark. I don't really worry about what people think of me.

“The strength of science is”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

founded in facts.

#88943 May 12, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>I was giving my understanding of the scriptures that are related to this universe and how it will end. It really doesn't matter to me who cares or don't care about me.
It seems to matter a great deal to you or you wouldn't be posting here in the first place.

Level 9

founded in facts.

#88944 May 12, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
You beat me to it.

Level 9

founded in facts.

#88945 May 12, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>I care about people and I don't want anyone to be in the dark. I don't really worry about what people think of me.
And yet you come on here advocating a life ignoring facts and extolling your virtues as one of the annointed. You may not worry about what people think, but you definitely want them to know.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#88946 May 12, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>I care about people and I don't want anyone to be in the dark. I don't really worry about what people think of me.
If that was the case, you would not even consider ascribing to a religion that teaches killing is only okay if they disagree with you or are children.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

#88947 May 13, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
Your fond wishes are the source of your inability to think clearly.

I would prefer that we work towards minimising destruction ourselves, than rely on fond wishes.

Level 6

Dubai, UAE

#88948 May 13, 2013
Jenji wrote:
On a beach watching the sunset, or facing east and watching the sunrise, laying in a field making love and looking up at the stars at night, and the human body and all its intricacies, functions and complexity these places are where I see evidence of a very powerful creator being, which we call God. To say this is all an accident which occurred "somehow" just seems to me ludicrous at best.
You mean you don't find God in the maggot infested stench of a communal latrine in Maputo?

Level 6

Dubai, UAE

#88949 May 13, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
You forgot to mention the miraculous way that the outlines of puddles are perfectly shaped to contain the water in them.(kudos to Douglas Adams)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 5 min Princess Hey 9,173
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 6 min A Noted Ferrerman 23,840
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 7 min Princess Hey 7,331
please continue to report shaman 8 min A Noted Ferrerman 2
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 11 min A Noted Ferrerman 150,875
Bill Cosby 11 min Roxie Darling 84
The Letter "S" (Nov '08) 12 min Princess Hey 9,467
Two chocolate makers warn of huge annual deficit 3 hr TALLYHO 8541 74
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 4 hr CJ Rocker 7,762

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE