Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 216623 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Patriot

Mount Juliet, TN

#88966 May 13, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
But dying is not longer scary when you know that you have an afterlife. That's why the scam is so easy to sell to people like you. It is not death that you fear, it is facing mortality that you fear more than anything. But that is not all for you, you enjoy being able to make assertions with no evidence, just making it up as you go, that is why you chose christianity.
It is obvious you have never looked death in the face, one feels "most alive" when they are facing death.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#88967 May 13, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>The "scientists" who MUST use all the advanced math to explain the cosmos,etc is proof in itself of the intricate design of everyting.
How so exactly?

Or were you just throwing out the usual "Everything's so complicated I don't understand it therefore Goddidit with magic" ?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#88968 May 13, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
How so exactly?
Or were you just throwing out the usual "Everything's so complicated I don't understand it therefore Goddidit with magic" ?
That was it.
Patriot

Mount Juliet, TN

#88969 May 13, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
How so exactly?
Or were you just throwing out the usual "Everything's so complicated I don't understand it therefore Goddidit with magic" ?
I cannot explain how HE did it anymore than how I can explain how a computer enters information that is entered. I can only say if you type in information and hit the ENTER buttom the information is on the screen but can't explain how the computer does it. I can see God's handiwork and say he did it but not be able to explain how.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#88970 May 13, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>It is obvious you have never looked death in the face, one feels "most alive" when they are facing death.
Actually, I have, several times ... though one of those times doesn't count because I was under the knife for surgery, but the rest I was wide awake for. Thing is, I tempt death all the time, because you do feel most alive at that point, it's called an adrenaline rush, idiot, a very fully understood phenomenon and to many it's like a drug. When the body is full of adrenaline the senses become heightened as a defensive reaction, your energy level shoots through the roof for the very same reason, and your mind works much faster. The drawback is coming down from one, which leaves you completely spent, exhaustion means nothing until you go through several adrenaline rushes, then you know what exhaustion actually is.

Why don't you stop projecting for a change and actually address the main reason why no one with any intelligence takes your nuttery seriously?
Elohim

Branford, CT

#88971 May 13, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>I serve God because I want to and also for the reward. Just for the sake of argument, if I did my service to God as a hedge bet....what do you hedge your eternal future against? 1 Cor 15:19 "If in this life ONLY we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable" Each one of us need to prepare for the life that is MUCH more important than this earthly life of 70 or so years, that is just a drop in a GIANT bucket compared to eternity.
I serve my family and my fellow man. No need for sky fairies , pie in the sky kingdoms or money hungry preachers.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#88972 May 13, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>I serve God because I want to and also for the reward. Just for the sake of argument, if I did my service to God as a hedge bet....what do you hedge your eternal future against? 1 Cor 15:19 "If in this life ONLY we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable" Each one of us need to prepare for the life that is MUCH more important than this earthly life of 70 or so years, that is just a drop in a GIANT bucket compared to eternity.
So ... you're a selfish brat on your birthday who cries "I've been good" with hands out.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#88973 May 13, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>The "scientists" who MUST use all the advanced math to explain the cosmos,etc is proof in itself of the intricate design of everyting.
Translation: You have no idea what math even is so you're just making it up as you go and you like to use the "god dun it" story.
Patriot

Mount Juliet, TN

#88974 May 13, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I have, several times ... though one of those times doesn't count because I was under the knife for surgery, but the rest I was wide awake for. Thing is, I tempt death all the time, because you do feel most alive at that point, it's called an adrenaline rush, idiot, a very fully understood phenomenon and to many it's like a drug. When the body is full of adrenaline the senses become heightened as a defensive reaction, your energy level shoots through the roof for the very same reason, and your mind works much faster. The drawback is coming down from one, which leaves you completely spent, exhaustion means nothing until you go through several adrenaline rushes, then you know what exhaustion actually is.
Why don't you stop projecting for a change and actually address the main reason why no one with any intelligence takes your nuttery seriously?
Sounds like you are advocating we take the Oracles of KittenKodder as the gospel. You seem to be one to call someone an idiot.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#88975 May 13, 2013
Jenji wrote:
On a beach watching the sunset, or facing east and watching the sunrise, laying in a field making love and looking up at the stars at night, and the human body and all its intricacies, functions and complexity – these places are where I see evidence of a very powerful creator being, which we call God. To say this is all an accident which occurred "somehow" just seems to me ludicrous at best.
I wouldn’t say it was an accident, but it was indeed a great event.

But more importantly, why are you making love in fields? Isn't that what beds are for?
Pariot

Mount Juliet, TN

#88976 May 13, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So ... you're a selfish brat on your birthday who cries "I've been good" with hands out.
Well,if that be so it sure beats each time you come out of the bathroom your mommy has to ask you if you remembered to wipe.
KJV

United States

#88977 May 13, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>That's bullshit or you wouldn't be here preaching.
Mike I don't care and here's proof
I'm talking to you yet I know you've committed the one sin God will never forgive. So I know no matter what I say your damned and there is no saving you. See proof that's not the reason we're here.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Indianapolis, IN

#88978 May 13, 2013
Pariot wrote:
<quoted text>Well,if that be so it sure beats each time you come out of the bathroom your mommy has to ask you if you remembered to wipe.
My, my, my. Potty humor. Aren't we the clever one though.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Indianapolis, IN

#88979 May 13, 2013
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
Mike I don't care and here's proof
I'm talking to you yet I know you've committed the one sin God will never forgive. So I know no matter what I say your damned and there is no saving you. See proof that's not the reason we're here.
[/QUOTE]

Judge not, bucko.

I'd be willing to bet you don't even know what stupid blasphemy that other nutcase was whining about.

And you're still preaching.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#88980 May 13, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>It is obvious you have never looked death in the face, one feels "most alive" when they are facing death.
That might be one of the dumbest things ever copied and pasted on here.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#88982 May 13, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>I cannot explain how HE did it anymore than how I can explain how a computer enters information that is entered. I can only say if you type in information and hit the ENTER buttom the information is on the screen but can't explain how the computer does it. I can see God's handiwork and say he did it but not be able to explain how.
You can believe that but you can't show it. Your analogy is not a good one. There is a vast difference in observing a natural phenomenon and not knowing the mechanism of that phenomenon and equating to proof of the existence of God. Even if you can't explain it, someone can explain the interworkings of a computer. No one has yet shown how a creator designs or creates.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#88985 May 13, 2013
Jenji wrote:
On a beach watching the sunset, or facing east and watching the sunrise, laying in a field making love and looking up at the stars at night, and the human body and all its intricacies, functions and complexity – these places are where I see evidence of a very powerful creator being, which we call God. To say this is all an accident which occurred "somehow" just seems to me ludicrous at best.
Although I may not agree with your philosophical/theological leanings, if you (or another equally lovely lady) and I were were in a field doing the humpty-hump, I'm sure that 'God' would be envoked numerous times.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#88988 May 13, 2013
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
Do you believe a lovely lady would do the humpty-hump with an ape?
[/QUOTE]Are you cruising for some tail? I bet if you shave and get a haircut, you would probably be passable as human despite the subnormal IQ.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#88989 May 13, 2013
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
Do you believe a lovely lady would do the humpty-hump with an ape?
[/QUOTE]

Heheehe.

Yes I do.

;-)

“Jon Snow”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

The King in the Nor±h

#88990 May 13, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>It is obvious you have never looked death in the face, one feels "most alive" when they are facing death.
Yeah and you will be dead as a door nob,
when you see death too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 min avon5735 206,908
Let's play "follow the word" (Jun '08) 5 min Bezeer 48,251
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 9 min Bezeer 15,273
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 10 min Bezeer 15,208
A six word game (Dec '08) 30 min Aussie Kev 20,660
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 35 min Aussie Kev 37,070
Start a sentence in alphabetical order.. 39 min Aussie Kev 1,570
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr eleanorigby 67,092
News Church fined $12,000 for helping homeless new 4 hr Knock off purse s... 40
News Trump's bizarre claim that the Clinton email co... 5 hr WasteWater 978
All Christmas Carols/Songs and Quotes.. 6 hr greymouser 43
More from around the web