Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 164487 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Elohim

Branford, CT

#88844 May 9, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>rather than taking the word of some hayseed which you seem to follow, if you were to spend time with God's word you would see who told you what you put forth is no worth anything
Spent plenty of time with your bible. It's nothing but a book written by men. The only spirit that inspired it is wine.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#88845 May 9, 2013
Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>Spent plenty of time with your bible. It's nothing but a book written by men. The only spirit that inspired it is wine.
Do you even own one?
KJV

United States

#88846 May 9, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>Are you still harping on that old sh!t??

Get some new material creatard
Why? You atheist use the same old shit every post.
KJV

United States

#88847 May 9, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>how can you honestly say that when you know that this supposed 'word of god' has been proven to be lies repeatedly?
Broken record. Lift the needle wood!
Elohim

Branford, CT

#88848 May 9, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Do you even own one?
Yes I do. Several different versions. Read them all. Fiction and not that well written.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#88851 May 9, 2013
Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I do. Several different versions. Read them all. Fiction and not that well written.
Would it be safe to say it is the best conversation piece in your library?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#88852 May 9, 2013
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
Nice.[/QUOTE]Even beter:

B ullshit

I nformation

B ased on

L ack of

E vidence.
Elohim

Branford, CT

#88855 May 9, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Would it be safe to say it is the best conversation piece in your library?
No it would not. The 1st edition Hitchhiker Guide to The Universe autographed By Douglas Adams would qualify. And probably the early editions of Oscar Wilde would too.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#88856 May 9, 2013
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>Please elaborate on this qualifier "RATIONAL"

Do I get to be on that list? Just wondering.[/QUOTE]

Do you really, HONESTLY believe that Jonah lived in the belly of 'a great fish' for 3 days, then survived to tell that (fish) tale?

Perhaps you can answer your own question, Scooter.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#88857 May 9, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>It is availible at a bookstore near you, in 1611 your King James had it translated into the English language.
In which case it was translated wrong.(shrug)

Lizards and donkeys do NOT talk.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#88858 May 9, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>What are Darwins tales if not wild stories?
Generally correct.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#88859 May 9, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>Just what exactly would YOU have in mind for a better manual other than God's inspired word?
US law would be a good one, UK law is probably way better. Best one? Norway law.

If the bible is your god's "inspired word," then your god is named Cthulhu. I'd wager if you try to pin that book of smut onto any god, they'd likely want you tortured for .... well, all of eternity just for the insult.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#88860 May 9, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>How can so many people misconstrue the truth about nature?
By following a literalistic interpretation of the Bible.

Sorry, I meant SEMI-literalistic. No such thing as a Biblical literalist.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#88862 May 9, 2013
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
Yes to both!!! Yea.[/QUOTE]

Wow, um, are you five?

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#88863 May 9, 2013
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>Yes to both!!! Yea.[/QUOTE]

Then you are an uneducated moron.

Yea.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#88864 May 9, 2013
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
Yes to both!!! Yea.[/QUOTE]
In the
Krazy
Jew
Version
You are right!

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#88865 May 10, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Then you tell me where the idea of Systems, Cycles and Patterns theory is not the Truth. Do systems in nature have regular or repetitive form and order to an arrangement?
I don’t really see what this has to do with christians abusing the word truth and several other words too such as morality, love, study, freewill, church and worship by prefixing them with a capital letter or placing them in quotes or emphasising them in some other way. But if you feel more confident by copping out and changing the subject then fine.

Have you ever looks at a fractal? Have you ever looked at the branches of a tree? Have you ever looked at the placement of blades of grass in a field, sand grains in the desert or on the beach? Have you ever looked at the shape of mountains? The shape of clouds? Have you ever considered the fluttering of a birds wing, the path a leaf takes when blown in the wind?

Where is the symmetry, the circles and patterns in them. I can see the hills of the Lancashire moors from my office window, please advise where in this world I will see a repeated pattern of their outline.

Nature is chaotic with a tendency to entropy as specified by the 2nd law of thermodynamics. Very few things are truly rigidly patterned above the atomic level, that fundamental and universal theory (2nd law of thermodynamics) proves that the idea of curdles and patterns is a transitory one.

“Go Bucs”

Level 8

Since: Nov 11

Xenia, OH

#88866 May 10, 2013
Monkey see, monkey do.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#88867 May 10, 2013
Patriot wrote:
B- basic
I-instruction
B-before
L-leaving
E-earth
B - be
I – ignorant
B – because
L – lies
E – exaggerate

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#88868 May 10, 2013
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
Yes to both!!! Yea.[/QUOTE]just got to the part in Mary Roach's new book "Gulp" (adventures on the alimentary canal) where she disproves that story. couldn't have happened.

great read, BTW, as are all of her books.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 7 min TALLYHO 8541 40,777
letter H 10 min rain man 37
The N-word: (Jul '14) 52 min Princess Hey 380
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 1 hr Princess Hey 8,433
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 1 hr Princess Hey 8,308
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 1 hr Princess Hey 140,488
Things that make life eaiser... 1 hr Mr_FX 631
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 hr the rest is silence 163,091
News Muslim cleric says masturbating makes your hand... 4 hr Ex Senator Santpo... 26
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: 5 hr beatlesinafog 666
News New and Totally Bizarre Baby Names 12 hr Spotted Girl 9
More from around the web